>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-wubrg-36637#online
mtgfanatic.com/decks/viewdeck.aspx?id=151098&page=1&pagesize=25
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5/developing-legacy/181707-ub-venom-deck-help
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So is death wish good enough to make legacy shadow good?

Which Hymn to Tourach art should I use? If I were to run 4 in a deck, should I run all the 4 original versions? Why do people hate the wolf one?

because they're retarded. that isn't even a wolf, its a coyote.

my guess it's because the wolf has down syndrome

I prefer this art myself, desu

Yeah so do I, but all 4 has a cool appeal.

lol normies

I would go with one copy of each art. I do the same with basic lands. Gotta have variety!

EMA printing best printing

I'm partial to Hoover's, that old guy looks like he's up to something awful.

Weathered Wayfarer was mentioned last thread, do you think some brew witthem and KotR could work? Maybe even Land Tax Scroll Rack to take advantage of all the shuffle effects?

Nice dead format you boys have here

better good and dead than alive but shit

Yeah.

As opposed to the format where you're on suicide watch every 2 months due to your deck having the very real chance to get banned, or the weak-ass format with the most boring meta imaginable?

Kek. Stay salty

0/10

It's not a zero if you reply

how does Esper stoneblade matchup against Grixis Delver? I don't have a Fire&Ice or Academy Ruins yet but will be getting one of each soon, do I need more than 2 snaps?

For snaps it depends on how many of your other threats do you have, like tnn, etc

Well I've got 2 TNN so only 8 creatures total, is there a magic number I should try to hit?

I replied to the wrong post like a dummy

Well I took my BUG Explorer DDFT list to a GPT and didn't do hot. Had some bad luck with a little good luck mixed in, but I think I'm going to be off Doomsday for a little while, at least in paper while I brew something up.

report:
r1 vs 4c Loam (0-2): g1, Couldn't find a Decay for Chalice in time. G2, sideboarded badly then mulled to 5. Canonist and Bob beat me down and I couldn't get anything going. We played a few rounds before and after with my improved sideboard plan and it went better.

r2 vs Aluren (2-1): G1 they cascade into a thoughtseize to take my Doomsday. I rip another off the top and win. G2 they get Leovold down and jund me out before I find an answer. G3, between fetches and Veteran beats, they're at 9 before they find and play Leovold. I topdeck tendrils and send 5 copies at them. They draw force and a blue card, but forcing 1 copy would leave them still dead at 8.

r3 vs Bug (1-2): I take game one, ripping apart his hand with discard and killing him with 2 life left. Games 2 and 3 are grindfests but I can't manage to put it together.

r4 vs UB Prison(1-2): this guy was playing a brew with a ton of countermagic and land hate. G1 he keeps me locked down and slowly kills me. G2 I work my way through the countermagic and win at 1 life. G3 I rip his hand apart and have everything I need to combo but I'm one mana short. Over the next ~10 turns, I fail to draw mana and he rebuilds his hand. I finally draw a fetchland, only to have it stifled. I don't win. I dropped here.

SO the deck doesn't feel horrible but it doesn't feel good either. Even when it wins it feels like it was by the skin of its teeth. Vet/Therapy is great, and Doomsday is still a very powerful card, but the deck has lost a lot of the lategame resillience and grind ability that Top gave it. Gonna keep brewing with Doomsday, but I think I'm off the deck for paper events for a while.

rip

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-wubrg-36637#online

how does this deck win?

Seems very obvious

Big Bird

so it casts as many spells as possible with jeskai untap and mana abilities then swings?

seems really all in and time to setup that combo

I played it before the probe ban. It turns out when your whole deck is cantrips you can put a combo together. Consistent turn threes. Can't beat jund tho

When dig and cruise were in the format (and probe) it was busted.

I'd aim to have 10ish wincons whether the creatures or creature and jaces

There's other stuff it can do, too. Glittering Wish can either find the Ascendancy or find a Blood out of the sideboard. I'm somewhat surprised that list doesn't run Grapeshot, which I've seen from such lists before.

There's a lot you can do with an X/X creature that generates mana when your whole deck draws cards.

Interesting tech, though I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out that well. I was on AnT (surprise of surprises).

R1—Dark Depths (2–0): G1, managed to hit my stride off Ad Nauseam. Good times. G2, he kept a lackluster hand and I ground it out before he could put together Marit Lage.
R2—BReanimator (1–2): G1 Chancellor on T2. Good times. G2, I managed to hold off his initial combo with a Duress, then we sort of stumbled around looking for cards. SExtraction and Faerie Macabre held down the fort for around ten turns. G3, early Chancellor screwed me.
R3—Aluren (0–2): G1, he managed the combo while I was durdling a fair bit. G2, I punted. Hard. Had the combo, but forgot that he'd taken my Ad Nauseam with Thoughtseize on T1. Tutored for nothing and lost.
R4—PSI (2–0): G1, opponent missed a play that would've gotten him his draw-4s, but I had a lot of discards that shredded his hand. G2, I hit an enabler and started building a board. He started to combo, but poor topdecks left him without plays.
R5—Psychic Venom.dec(2–0): Not a whole lot to say; had the combo and he didn't have his win conditions. Game 2 was a bit closer; got a lot of stuff exiled out of my 'yard in response to a Cabal Ritual, so I had to do some gymnastics to put together the mana.

DDFT Guy, good effort in this brave new Topless world, and commiserations. If you're looking to try something else, join us in the world of Ants. It's comfy down here.

I think I'm probably going to throw together ANT for now while I brew. Might try out an ANT list with Burning Wish since I liked the flexibility it gave to DDFT.

>Psychic Venom

...I'm guessing this isn't referring to the two-mana land enchantment.

I'd rather it be dead than shit. why bother making a good deck if its just gonna be banned?

Pickups from LGS 25% off sale yesterday.

Give it a go! I tried it and wasn't impressed, but I'm running on a somewhat grindy setup (2x Past in Flames, no Petitions). I'd definitely bring in a second red source if I were to run Burning Wish, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

On an unrelated note, I realized about halfway through the tournament that I'd have done much better if I'd jammed All Spells. Not sure I'll ever say that again, but I nostalged a bit.

Nice haul man!

Dead format
Dead thread

Like pottery

Bump in the night

Oh shit, it actually DOES, and Mana Web. What an interesting idea for a deck!

mtgfanatic.com/decks/viewdeck.aspx?id=151098&page=1&pagesize=25

Well I'll be damned, a $40 Legacy deck. I don't like Caustic Tar without any mana accelerants, but since it's only a 2-of I guess it's playable.

There are considerably less budget friendly options
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5/developing-legacy/181707-ub-venom-deck-help

Keep in mind that Frantic Search is banned.

Yeah, it definitely needs some accelerants, but there's definitely some potential there. No reason to use Caustic Tar, I don't think; the guy I played was using Contaminated Ground, which (ostensibly) can have the benefit of turning opponents' Cradles and stuff into swamps.

I'll have to ask if I can see the guy's list next time I play him. He had Wastelands and maybe Ports, but I also think he was trying hard to avoid Legacy staples more broadly, so I don't really know what his list looked like.

I would complain about how Tabernacle is only in there because it's a big money card but I realize now it's retardedly strong with the Psychic Venom strategy.

>Mana Short
I'm a little hard now.

Could this card see play as a burning wish target? Is it better than meltdown?

I think Meltdown is better. If the meta shifted and Trini Smokestacks decks became more playable then it would be good but as is it mostly gets cast for 1 to get around Chalices iirc.

I think by force is better for destroying spheres, meltdown is a little better for chalices. But meltdown sucks for the odd lodestone golem or whatever. Meltdown gets better than by force if they have 3 or more thorn/sphere, but if they do, you're probably fucked already.

docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing
btw this should be in OP

Feeling like i should get in on this gpt report shit, so here it is.

I was playing PSI for the first time ever at any kind of competitive level. I built the deck right after bombing out of Worcester on a SITES build, but then never really jammed games to try ro get practiced with it. I did, however, come with a highly experimental sideboard that seems to have real potential.

R1 vs Burn. Whiff after whiff got me stomped 2-0. It's aggravating because that should be a good matchup for me, but it happens. Shrug it off.

R2 vs some kind of BUG deck (1-2) Got forced a bunch g1, which is to be expected. In goes the whole sideboard:
4x Dark depths
4x vampire hexmage
4x sylvan scrying
3x thespian stage
Out come the belchers, land grants, pacts, and storm wincons.
And it worked BEAUTIFULLY. Marit lage t3 for the win.
I lost round 3 because i stupidly made no effort to conceal the fact that i wasnt changing my sideboard plan again, and he sided perfectly and got me.

R3 vs Psychic Venom: The Deckening (2-0). I eked out a g1 win through a lot of counterspells, but it took like 10 turns and his contaminated grounds almost got me. G2 i transformed into turbo depths, got a marit lage out fairly quickly, and then he gigadrowsed my marit lage and my bayou with 2 psychic venom on it like 3 turns in a row. Finally got through at 1 life.

R4 vs AnT (0-2) g1 i spent several turns "stuck" waiting for a black source. I had a pact and a guide in my hand, but i forgot there was a wild cantor in my deck that i could use to fix for black. Big time durrrrr moment that lost me the game. G2 i tried to go off, but had bad draw4s and what little fuel i did get got hit with discard. Lost very fairly. Felt fine.

R5 vs im honestly not sure (2-0). I won the die roll. By this point i was remembering how to play magic. Got a t1 tendrils for exactly 20. Felt nice. G2, he plays a fetchland and passes. I slam a belcher and get him. Never saw him cast a spell.

This thing is great. I think it was in the OP for a bit and then it got lost. A lot of those decks kind of suck but it's still a great resource and there are some perfectly fine decks in there.

Moral of the story, PSI is the def tightest playing SI build, but variance is totally still a thing. Hyper Depths board is neat and so far seems fun and good if you play it smart, but definitely needs more testing to be sure.

What's the P stand for? Professional? Pro-Bono?

Pact (Of Negation)

Its Summoner's Pact, actually.

I thought it was for summoner's pact

What's your list?

MB
4x infernal contract
4x cruel bargain
4x infernal tutor
4x land grant
4x summoners pact
4x cabal ritual
4x dark ritual
4x culling the weak
4x lotus petal
4x lions eye diamond
4x chrome mox
4x elvish spirit guide
4x goblin charbelcher
1x tendrils
1x empty the warrens
1x eternal witness
1x illgotten gains
1x deathrite shaman
1x wild cantor
1x bayou
1x dryad arbor

SB
4x dark depths
4x hexmage
4x sylvan scrying
3x thespian stage

Maindeck is pretty stock, although id like to give Slithermuse a test drive sometime too. The sideboard is the really spicy shit.

If i were going to take anything out to try Slithermuse, itd probably be EtW. Ive never played it. Never felt like i wanted to turor for it either.

I hate the charbelcher and EtW, and eternal witness. Slithermuse has been wonderful to me and I suggest it strongly

does Gideon AoZ count as a wincon or should I keep him SB

This digital alter for non-sanctioned play.

10/10 would bork again

Cocaine smoking is fun, does that mean you should do it? In the middle of an RPG I thought it would be fun to get up and pull down my trousers and take a fat fucking shit all over the gaming table, burying my friend's miniatures under a torrent of fecal matter. That would have been amazingly fun! But did I do it? No. because "fun" is the reasoning of a fucking child. If you base whether or not you do something off of whether or not it is "fun" then you are a mental infant who is not fit to live in adult society.

Similarly, when you do things in a card game because they are "fun" you are being a fucking asshole. "Well I'm going to destroy the believably of this match by letting my card fly to the goddamn moon on his Jump check because he got a NATuRAL TWENTY and if anything else happens, well, that would be against the spirit of the game, which is to have FUN, right guys? Even if we are fucking over the entire story and destroying the point of playing an RPG, it's okay, because as long as we are having FUN with it, that makes it a good thing, right?"

That is what you sound like.

Oh, okay.

What the fuck are you talking about you literal sperg? I can't tell if you're arguing that having fun is /nofun/ or that card games are deadly serious and should never be taken lightly in any situation anywhere. Either way you sound so unimaginably retarded I doubt you could see the problems you're arguing even if they slapped you in the face, pissed on your card collection and called themselves Owen Turtenwald. If your sole reason to play Magic is to have fun, that's your business. If you get a kick out of sideboarding Turbo Depths into Spanish Inquisition, that's your business. If you think every game is a deadly serious battle of wits between high functioning super geniuses, that's your business. But the minute you start telling me how to enjoy the game and how to play or how not to play outside of the basic rules of the game, you can shove a stick up your ass and fuck off to wherever you came from.

Tl;dr your post is shit, you are shit, I'm mad and I hope you choke on a bag of dicks

I think you missed your target.

What about Stoneblade with a one of Elbrus ?

I FULLY AGREE NEXT TIME I ROLL A NAT 30 IN MY UPKEEP ALL MY +1/+1 COUNTERS WILL STAY FULLY GROUNDED I HAVE SEEN THE ERROR OF MY WAYS

Who gives a fuck what people remember? It happened. That's what happened in the match. Your card died being stabbed by goblins. That's it. Not everything has to be a fucking Polaroid moment. Stop thinking that the second that something stops being exciting and oh-so-interesting that you need to inject some shit to spice it up. Because god forbid there's a slow moment in your aspergers-infused roller-coaster of a game. For fucks sake, man, it's a card game, not a Die Hard action thriller. If your memorable game events are all manufactured bullshit they aren't going to have much worth. It's one thing to have your cards drive a burning tank through a wall using the smoke pouring from it to give his soldiers cover to cross the road and march to victory, in a fucking competitive game where nothing has any grounding. It's quite another when you actually pull it off within the rules, instead of ignoring them for something more "memorable" that isn't actually memorable, it's just hollow bullshit that you made up.

I'll wait for you to respond with "lmao tcgs are all hollow made-up bullshit so it doesn't matter" just to prove you're a stupid fuck who doesn't care about these games, only about getting your way so you can post your epic story on /r/cardgames for upvotes.

>look up to see what Wizards has banned recently
>top banned

FUCKING YES. Might actually get back in the game now.

what the fuck

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN SO MAD THAT YOU COULD JUST DESTROY TARGET NONLAND PERMANENT WITH CONVERTED MANA COST 3 OR LESS

I FEEL LIKE YOU GET ME

this guy gets it. it's all about the upvotes. Veeky Forums needs an upvote button so I can like everything this guy posts. Rule of Cool and Nat 40's are ruining Netrunner.

If you can't play against top why would you even be playing legacy?

Seriously, what are you arguing? That decks made for fun aren't allowed in Magic?

I have seen some lists main deck him, but that was to fight miracles, in that slot of I have nahiri the lithomancer, cause she is dope

Alright buddy it's going in the next one

a

MY ANGER IS UNENDING

is mtgo still worth playing

I counter your decay by appealing to the rules of the game!

What's the next card that's going to be banned? I want to be ahead of the curve on this one so I'm not left without a deck.

>is so bored in his shit format's thread that he comes into other formats' threads just to complain
>we're the salty ones

My condolences

Brainstorm or nothing

No changes. Check back in 3 years.

There is absolutely no chance this will happen.

>Sensei's divining Top kek

Belcher has pulled more than enough weight for me so far. Id consider cutting 1, but im definitely leaving most of them in. Slithermuse will make its way into the deck eventually. Eternal witness has won me a couple game but its mana cost is pretty green intensive so im not entirely sold on it. It needs more testing but i really like the idea of being able to pact for a card in my graveyard.

I know, but it's the only card I can think of that's "worthy" of a ban. If they printed Brainstorm today, the ban discussion would be high on the agenda (Legacy also would be a totally different format of course).

The reason Brainstorm is considered a format-defining card, and not format-warping is because we're so used to it being around.

Banning Brainstorm is a fun thought experiment, but ultimately pointless since it's so ingrained in the format it's unlikely to catch a ban, even though you could probably justify it logically.

P.S.: I play and love Brainstorm and would probably quit Legacy if they ever decided to axe it, but it's power to turn hopeless games around is pretty unparallelled.

Nevermore works too

Try skullwinder.

Thats cool, didnt know that card existed. It blocks better than EW if youre in that sad situation where blocking becomes necessary. And while i don't like my opponent getting a card back too, i guess its not any worse than IGG in that respect.

Yeah if you're in the throes of your combo and it resolves they likely don't have anything to stop you in your graveyard. Worth a try I think.

>Posts Sabrina the Teenage Witch memes
I'd question your integrity on just about anything senpai.

Miracles is dead. DEAD.