>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/...

Other urls found in this thread:

sageadvice.eu/2016/10/17/magic-missile-do-you-roll-the-same-d4-for-all-darts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to run an Eberron campaign. Tips?

>eberron
cringe

Start tinkering with some crafting rules.

eberron's cool you dunce

I get six cantrips, three from cleric and three from wizard- which should I get?

Buy a fur suit and a dragon dildo.

>last thread someone advised building the meme gnome diviner
>No one called him a faggot

I'm disappointed in you all

What kind of character are you? Support? Frontline fighter? Ranged attack?

Don't run it in 5e. Horrible fit for eberron.

Guidance
5 other cantrips that don't matter

Do you think wizards are ok with being called magicians?

War Cleric but I want utility/support stuff since we don't have a wizard

How do you guys deal with who has magic? Does everyone have the potential for it or do you make it so only small groups of people are able to use it?

everyone with at least normal intelligence has the potential to learn, or at least get stuffed full of it, IE: warlocks

Depends on the setting

This is specifically handled, in my mind, with the sorcerer vs wizard classes. Sorcerers are just born with it so they often have certain conditions that bring it about, while wizards study and pretty much reversed engineered magic from sorcerers and made it better.

Anyone can study magic and use it to a degree because magic is effecting the weave, but not everyone will become a demigod casting wish for funsies.

7 pages of the Diabolist class
not minding the horrendous cover art and edgy class theme, how is it mechanically?

Alright, guys, I need some guidance. I'm making a book of insults for my Bard I have titled it:

>The Book of Screw
Every quote must begin as followed.
"A reading from the Book of Screw:"

or

"A reading from the Book of Screw You:"

Anyone have any stories or tales to add to my book?

Hand of Radiance
Guidance
Sacred Flame

Booming Blade
Mending
Prestidigitation or Light if most of the party lacks Darkvision

Gives you a ranged attack, AOE attack, and single target melee attack.

Guidance and Mending are always useful. Prestidigitation's usefulness depends entirely on how creative you can be with it, ie: wear metal armor in the desert and have air conditioned armor

Pic related

thank
Didn't know about Booming Blade
Sacred Flame over Firebolt?

Firebolt is a WIZ cantrip, you could take it and replace one of the WIZ ones but you'd have to pick a different Cleric one to replace it.

In either case I personally think it's better since half the fucking MM resists or is immune to fire.

Can anyone in our world become a musician or an artist? Maybe in a technicality, but most of couldn't even vacuum our rooms weekly if we wanted to.

What are the house rules you use?

or what rules you use that heavily modify 5e

Borderline broken.

Anybody got that table that user made of Smash Bros. taunts that he planned to use when some chick came over to play? Cuz you should use that.

>cannot gain levels in class until your alignment changes from good.

Top edge, keklord..

Ah here, I found it.

y tho? only ritual spells and one summon at a time

On persuasion, deception and intimidation checks the better a player rps what they are saying they have a chance of auto succeeding if it is really good, or at least lowering the DC.

If an flurry of blows pushes an enemy back into a wall or object it can do additional damage depending on the distance from said thing.

Players can craft potions that don't take forever and even some that aren't magical, may not be as good but they work.

Stupid and fucking awful. It's got all this summoning bullshit which I don't even have to read to know he probably fucked up, it needs WIS+CHA for some reason, is expected to be in melee all the time, has all these class abilities it doesn't need, so edgy it can't even survive living in a world with other people and last of all isn't this just a Warlock?

Also worst of all is the at-will healing on your summon, it's broken as shit.

Just play a Warlock and ask for the UA Conjure Demon spells you edgy chucklefuck.

...please tell me that this is a joke....

Free spell for an attack, make an effegy of something you've seen within a year, don't need anything from it just seen it, and then have free attacks from 100ft away. Also can just healbot your summons.

At level 2 if you hit it then they are deaf or blind, no save.

Level 6 get rotting familiars

Also alignment restriction

got any more images like that user? my sides are in orbit and i need more

Where do you think you are?

Forcing a dex-save is better when you fight high ac enemy

>the 'flirty' comments
It's not often I don't have an image appropriate for how I'm feeling.

I.. I can hardly believe what I'm looking at here... but I know one thing this cannot be added to the Book of Screw as its a book of insults, not cringe.

thanks fellas

>Those flirt lines

I keep reading, but it keeps getting worse.

Why does 5e hate everything thats not bog standard OSR? Like seriously everytime someone even suggests a different idea the thread devolves into Aitistic screeching

Because you are imagining things?

If this is about the Diabolist homebrew, it's really fucking bad.

I've seen people suggest new and interesting ideas and be accepted, because they're good.

>haha, I'd tentacle rape you if I was an octopus

das not me man, I'm looking into warlock now and it is pretty much a diabolist sans the summons but with actual spells and invocations

Hold up maybe I got something!
>"A reading from the Book of Screw You:
A blind man once pridefully told tale of his feminine exploits, he spoke vigorously exclaiming "I think I could lose my virginity!!" his method true he would gauge the room, press down A, and scream "I would like to pump you!"

Vargouille any good as a familiar guise?
I bring rope and chain around so the Kiss could be a perfect fatality for prisoners

I'm a RAW kind of guy but I use a lot of the "official" options

is this volo's? i don't remember these guys at all.

The flirt lines are trying too hard that it makes it pretty obvious this is satire, but the tense lines are just so incredibly well crafted in order to deliver the maximum amount of awkwardness.

Weapons can deal the damage types they actually have. Swords can slash and pierce. Polearms can use whatever damage type the head is affixed with, potentially all three.
I ignore needing free hands to cast outside of being overtly bound.
Last campaign I tested having people not fall unconscious at 0, and instead had a wound system where if you continued to fight at 0 you would continue to be attacked, and take a wound in addition to a death saving throw for each hit taken. The saving throw stays marked until you cure the wound. It helped get rid of the whack-a-mole healing to a degree.

I also do a lot of homebrew that I test each campaign. I've tried write-in skill expertise where you pick a skill, and write in a specialty subset of that skill that gets +1d4 when rolled for. I've done a large creature weapon and armor homebrew that basically lets you play a large race that has superior HP, and damage per hit, but inferior AC and accuracy which makes you offensively and defensively superior against separate things.

yessir page 195

Oh thats not it, im talking about shit like anyone doing anything not standard tolkinish fantasy is bad. Plus in previous threads people seem really against expanding 5e in any way shape or form.

/5eg/ I need our opinion.

On the continent I made for my players the surface is all wild west-ish currently. But millennia before anyone was on the surface on this continent there was an ancient civilization of mer-people. They had underwater channels and everything going everywhere far beneath the surface.

The question being. Naga or merfolk? I need to know what sort of automatons they have waiting for them in their abandoned sealed channels.

Oh, well it all depends on the hours you're here. During what I assume is when all the Americans are awake you're far more likely to be greated with autistic screeching about anything.

Personally 70% of my games are renaissance tech level with guns and psionics being fairly common. I also make Orcs have real cities. I've never even read or seen Tolkin's work honestly.

is it just me or the DMG is fucking worthless?

Old school D&D and D&D settings have nothing to do with Tolkien other than grabbing a few races, very superficially at that because Gygax didn't even like Tolkien.

It's you

Why players don't read the rules? It's been more than one year since we started playing 5e and most them still don't know how to play it. They even can't read a fucking summary that is 3 pages long.

Whats the best tank you can make in 5e?

Barbarian with that UA subclass about spirits

It's just a game, bro. :^)
Also, frightened is missing disadvantage on ability checks.

Why not both? One race was the underclass and the other ruled. Even if interbreeding wasn't possible, maybe some robotbuilder went rogue and made twisted combinations of the two bodies.

Immortal Mystic.

illithids are always the correct answer.

Its not okay when players still takes more than 2 hours to make Pc sheets and ask:

>Do I apply proficiency to damage rolls?
>My attack is 1d8+3, right?

If a rogue has the Skulker perk and is going through a torch-lit dungeon, should they be allowed to hide whenever they wanted, provided they were standing in a dimly lit area?

Best feat for +1 Char or +1 Wis? Social character.

Actor

I recently joined a campaign. It looked good and is pretty well-run from most aspects, but has the issue of the DM lacking simple social skills. He can never tell when the players are taking the piss off him and grows increasingly frustrated throughout a session. Intentionally or not he's also pretty condescending because, I assume, he thinks the group is a bunch of blubbering idiots.

He also seems to prefer every encounter to be a potential TPK and all fights so far have had at least 2 characters on death saving throws.

And yet people still cry and howl at any attempt to differentiate. I mean fuck a guy asked for Ebberron tips and his majority reply was "fuck you"

Most familiars are much, much weaker than that.

I'd allow it as a chain pact warlock familiar, but I'd remove its kiss and make its shriek require a short rest cooldown. That'd bring it in line with the power level of other chain pact options.

A lot of races have Darkvision which lets them treat dim light as bright light within a certain distance, so that depends on what creatures are in the dungeon and how far away the player can get.

>He also seems to prefer every encounter to be a potential TPK and all fights so far have had at least 2 characters on death saving throws.
I mean, this can work pretty well if you're going for a more horror themed play.

thanks kindly user

PHB or UA?
Diplomat, human determination or prodigy if human, any of the racial cha ones otherwise.

Maybe the party just isn't optimal and he expected you to be. What classes was everyone?

I had a long-running campaign where more often than not at least one character would die per session, but as we got used to it the story made sense to bring in fresh meat and it made us more willing to take risks, but with builds and choices.

Sometimes it's a good thing when you aren't super attached to your character, because the threat of death is actually a real one.

Mirror Image or Mage Armor

How should I handle new characters for players that had one die during the campaign, or new players joining the campaign, or players that just get bored with their current characters and want a new one? How much stuff should I give them to start with in terms of EXP and magic items?

Yeah but the DM is a prick

I give them same EXP and a few magic items. Also if they rolling for their stats then I keep the numbers but randomised the order, so they can't just kill themselves off to get better stats.

I'll try to be a bit ambiguous while not obscuring too much because there's a fair chance at least one other player browses these threads. The ones who do the heaviest lifting are the bard and a (revised) ranger. For the rest of the group, we have a cleric, another ranger and a warlock. Both the bard and the cleric have some healing/buffs, but it's still not enough to keep people from dropping like flies over the course of any given battle

mirror image is better.

UA, Half-Elf

I honestly couldn't bring myself to regularly spend 2-5 hours with someone who is going to be a continuously condescending asshole to me, even if it's because of underdeveloped socialization skills.

If you're there to have fun and it's not doing that for you, I'd say find a new group if you can't solve the problem. Do you notice any of the other players catching the DM's attitude during play?

Do you roll magic missiles damage once or one time for each missile? I need the rules page that clarify this...

sageadvice.eu/2016/10/17/magic-missile-do-you-roll-the-same-d4-for-all-darts/

It's more fun for me personally to roll a lot of dice. Pick em all up and shake them in your hand, user. That's a good feeling knowing they're all gonna be doing damage where you want it.

That wasn't me, but
>DM's attitude
There's been some friction before, people leaving and all. I don't think he's actively malicious or anything. Just a very abrasive and sort of oblivious personality. So I don't want to look like a prick by leaving out of nowhere without ever having brought the issue up

If that's just him, do you think he'll change it if you bring it up? Chances are that if it's a social obliviousness, he doesn't have the tact to meter those subtle parts of his personality. If you can tolerate it for the other people then try to ignore it. If it makes the night seem closer to a waste of time than a fun time, then I'd say check out. Find a nice excuse if you think it's appropriate and then find a new group.

Dude, leave. Let him figure it out.

Your time is precious. Your FUN time SHOULD NOT be spent doing something that sucks for whatever reason. This guy is not making his game worth the trouble. Kudos to you trying to be polite but assholes should be treated like assholes.

We're doing an RNG one-shot, have background generated and take 3d6 stats in order

This is Wimp Lo the Half Drow; is he salvageable? We're allowed one level multi class dip (don't have to start as monk) + get a free feat

>Last campaign I tested having people not fall unconscious at 0, and instead had a wound system where if you continued to fight at 0 you would continue to be attacked, and take a wound in addition to a death saving throw for each hit taken. The saving throw stays marked until you cure the wound. It helped get rid of the whack-a-mole healing to a degree.
I like this a lot but even as an rules expert myself I feel rule lawyers would burst veins to this.

Oh fuck, multiclassing impossible with these stats, nevermind.

I don't speak retard, evidently you fucks do.

Thanks for the responses. I'll hold it for the next session and then see if it keeps happening