Why is Aku such a great inspiration for a BBEG?

Why is Aku such a great inspiration for a BBEG?

Seriously he's based in every aspect you can think of

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQs5Zuh7B3w
youtu.be/uGW1m6DZYKA?t=2m40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who would win in a fight between Aku and Nicol Bolas?

Aku is completely immune to any kind of damage not made by Jack's sword, and it took three gods to forge it

Yeah, but what I like is that its just the blade that's his weakness. But he has a huge hit pool, but rather lackluster attack. Even a single foolish samurai warrior can fight him one on one without worry.

He relies on mechanical minions that use his power source, but are not made of his flesh. The sacred sword is no stronger than a regular sword against them.

Aku just seems realistic even for an all powerful entity. When Jack slashes him, the power he loses is gone forever. He needs to harvest more from other sources in order to recover.

Because he doesn't have or pretends to have some bullshit reason to do what he wants. And at the same time, while he's a cunt and calls himself a master of evil, he's not worse than several historical figures. He's just a conqueror, a fantasy/sci-fi Genghis Khan or Timur.

Keep in mind he's also destroyed entire armies, and was bored by the end of it.

>And at the same time, while he's a cunt and calls himself a master of evil, he's not worse than several historical figures. He's just a conqueror

did we watch the same show? The show where Aku murdered so many people on earth that he had to start importing aliens to continue torturing and oppressing people? And has, for all appearances, been doing this for thousands and thousands of years at least?

You know, I've been watching the first season of Jack earlier today (the season 5 memes motivated me to watch the whole series, 'cause I've never seen it before), and so far I've been blown away.
Whoever the director is, he fucking knows how to make a cartoon. There is almost no unnecessary dialogue so far, everything is cinematic as shit and I genuinely didn't expect such quality directing from a Cartoon Network show.

It's as if the guy on the pic made a superb cartoon. There is literally no unnecessary dialogue, and that is such a breath of fresh air. I've definitely been blown away by it so far.

Yeah that was the guy who made its whole thing, he was sick of the cartoons he grew up with having anything but action sequences.

His name is literally evil, so he should be pretty good at it.

Same guy also made the Clone Wars cartoons (not the shitty CGI ones).

Check 'em out.

uber petty

those were fucking great.
Lucas made me look like a fucking asshole though. I was hyping my friends on grevious after seeing him absolutely wreck shit.

>BBEG

Ugh.

>Ugh

Ech.

>Ech

Bleh.

Aku is an incompetent moron in every possible.

>Is ruler of the entire planet
>Can't kill one human by himself
>Doesn't have a thousand snipers constantly shadowing him for the moment he lays down at night
>Doesn't just drop a nuclear bomb on him
>Doesn't even just fly up high and use his unlimited endurance to rain down death until Jack literally gets too tired to move

Aku is a pleb-tier trash villain and a random hobo bodyswapped with him would win the show in ten minutes.

You could say that he's cartoony

>He doesn't remember that time Aku sent dozens and dozens of bounty hunters directly at Jack over the course of a few hours, eventually causing Jack's anger to manifest into an evil clone which Aku sent to kill Jack as an equal.
>He doesn't remember Jack fucking up the evil clone too

Also Aku did try the whole 'Rain Down death until he dies' with Jack's Dad. It didn't work.

>He sent bounty hunters
None of which were, you know, trained snipers or flying a goddamn airplane. Hard counters to a sword.

>He tried that.
No, he didn't. Literally all Aku has to do is stay out of melee range of a sword and eventually his opponent will run out of energy. And that's if he's dumb enough to fight on his own. Much smarter approach would just be to send a fleet of airplanes to carry out a continuous WWII-style carpet bombing of wherever Jack is, maybe coupled with WWI-style gas attacks. With that magic screen he can keep safely watch and not stop the barrage until Jack is dead.

>Bleh

Groan.

But where's the fucking fun in that? Aku's entire basis isn't that he wants Jack dead, it's that he just wants to fuck with Jack until he manages to kill the guy.

Jack can jump good and deflect bullets. An airplane would pose no threat to him.

I like Aku but I don't think he'd make an appealing tabletop villain. You wouldn't get to see his backstage shenanigans, he'd just shoehorn himself in the player's way, stealing the show and setting them on a railroad like some antagonistic DMPC.

He wants Jack dead so fucking badly he's gone crazy and is literally having therapy sessions with himself about how depressed he is that none of his idiotic plans worked,

He can't jump a mile in the air or deflect a rain of high explosives/gas canisters. If he can? Deploy ICBMs with nuclear warheads, unleash miles-wide clouds of poison gas, use orbital artillery to nuke everything in a hundred mile radius. It isn't hard if you're not a total dumbass.

No, he just figured Jack would have died off by now, and can't actually be bothered to find him now. His biggest worry was Jack finding a portal in time, but he's handled all of those.

>Whoever the director is

Genndy Tartakovsky. He also directed (well, finished) Hotel Transylvania. He also was responsible for the great Iron Man/War Machine/Hammer Drone fight in the Japanese garden at Stark Expo from Iron Man 2. They brought him in specifically for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=PQs5Zuh7B3w

>"It looks like he'll be here forever. I... I just don't know if I can handle that."

He's so terrified and depressed by Jack he can't even bring himself to say the word "samurai".

You're an idiot.

Not that we cant be viewing the process of the loop, but doesn't the fact that aku's future became what it is mean that Jack fails to go back in time and stop it from happening, else it would have small looped and gone back to being what it should have become?

>He can't jump a mile in the air

Actually....

youtu.be/uGW1m6DZYKA?t=2m40s

He can jump good.

Aku is just a small, minuscule fragment of the true Great Evil though.

>the blade
>immune to any kind of
The sword was forged from human righteousness. Did nobody stop to think what that meant?

>Aku is a pleb-tier trash villain and a random hobo bodyswapped with him would win the show in ten minutes.
So basically every Saturday Morning cartoon villain ever?

>Why is Aku such a great inspiration for a BBEG?
Because Aku has the power, the visuals and a personality to go with it, granted a pretty textbook villain personality but it does what it needs.

Aku is a "showman villain" someone that the viewer regularly sees acting and reacting to the shit that happens. He has a wide spectrum of emotions one can see, he gets snarky, he gets angry, he gets annoyed, he gets scared. And while it is obvious that having all the power in the world he is totally incompetent clown and has failed countless times he still convinced that he is a badass and that he will win at the end. Just like the hero he doesn't give up despite being beaten several times, he has the grit and the tenacity to keep trying.

He also has a funny side too, remember the episode when he tried to impress children by telling them children stories and even the children saw how damn incompetent he was.

In short, he is a good character, he has personality that one can actually find amusing but one can relate to.

This is a good thread

just from this one scene

He can be damaged by things that are both divine and good, but not one or the other, it needs to be both, that's my take on it, everything else might hurt but it doesn't really wound him

you get such a wide range of emotions, since Aku is very expressive.

whoops wrong Aku

>>Aku is completely immune to any kind of damage not made by Jack's sword, and it took three gods to forge it

This is incorrect. When Jacks father first encountered Aku he was wielding a normal sword and it did manage to cut Aku's body although Aku didn't feel pain and the wound healed in a matter of seconds.

Also when Aku was trying to get the Jewel of Neptune he was still defeated in combat by the elemental spirits that guarded the jewel.

The gods can also harm him but that is kind of obvious.

Also Aku got sick in one episode, which was for comedic purposes mostly but it is worth noting.

/co/ please get out!

>implying I went to /co/ more than once
I like Aku because his expressiveness and goofy nature are such a stark contrast to Jack's stoicism.

Samurai jack does personalties that contrast and play off one-another better than any other cartoon I can think of. Almost every recurring character and many non-recurring ones share one key trait with jack and are diametrically opposed in one or more other traits.

Aku is pretty much the polar opposite of jack which is what makes their conflict good, but Ashi is in many ways the opposite of S5 jack yet they have a relationship for it. The scotsman is honourable and good-hearted but everything jack isn't in personality.

God its just so well written.

>tartakovsky
this sounds like bad pun on tarkovsky actually, i like that

>He's so terrified and depressed by Jack he can't even bring himself to say the word "samurai".
We do not say his name here, it's a safe space.

He's no Minions of Set.

He will not divide us [with his magical sword]

You should go to /co/ to see the shitstorm over there its pretty hilarious.

I love it when folks assume real world physics about a show that has repeatedly and explicitly shown they don't apply.

i dunno

He's entertaining and likable while still being an evil antagonist.

...you do know Jack's basically fought those before, right? Like im pretty sure the poison cloud was explicitly in the show

Yeah, he's just an immensely powerful outsider.

That's funny. I thought it was boring as fuck to watch a cartoon that's both silent and hideous as it meanders through an ocean of nothing.

It's so cool that you don't like the super popular thing. You must be totally rad!

The autistic trickster versus the tricky dragon.

thog_murders_tim_buckley.jpg

kek

Do you have aspbergers? Every Villan should just nuke his enemies so we can't ever have any stories ever. Fuck you.