Is there a type of Paladin that cannot fall?

Is there a type of Paladin that cannot fall?

If not, what's the deity or oath that's harder for a DM to meme?

It is called Oath of the Not-Shit DM.

the oath essentially resumes itself be this
>I swear on your god I will punch you in the throat if you make me fall for any reason whatsoever before talking to me about it

It's called D&D 4E and D&D 5E.

Stop playing shit systems, famalam.

Alternatively, Grey Guard PrC from Complete Scoundrel makes it extremely difficult to fall.

Fall is axed in 5e?

Any paladin in 4e

One that's already fallen.

Arguably one to a psychotic good that doesn't(can't) realize that it's passing out paladin powers like party favors. But whether or not that kind of diet can have paladins depends on the setting.

No, but the oaths and their tenets are broad enough that as long as you act like the sort of character that would believe and follow these tenets there really should be no issue.

Blackguards, nigga.

Maybe a Paladin of Odin. Odin gives zero shits about the methods used if they get results.

At least recently, a paladin is all about the oath not a god. Even if his chosen god is uncomplicated in his expectations, an oath still needs to actually be about something.

If you aren't willing to stick to your creed in tough times don't play a paladin.
If you do decide to play a paladin, first read up on what actually makes you fall and what doesn't. If the DM is blatantly wrong, don't correct him, point him to your sources. If he doesn't care, time for a new DM.

what does paladin fall mean, sorry i am new ;p

Paladins don't get their power from specific gods in most settings and editions.

and oathbreaker is widely seen as a powerup anyway

>harder for a DM to meme

The Paladin falls when his faith is broken; when he knowingly and willingly commits an Evil act.

Your DM can't meme you into this, it's a deliberate character decision.

What if he tells you 'if you don't kill this baby then a million will die'?

In neither case, since he didn't act out of evil, malice, personal gain. Decision is forced upon him, and only one evil is one who forces it.
He is really, really dumb if he doesn't murder the babby.

You tell him to take his head out of his ass.

In that situation you're either a) Killing baby Hitler, so you're using time travel and using our real world - or b) killing some sort of demon prince, in which case its a demon and therefore evil RAW

what if its not one of those, but like there is a baby that is part of a spell? and the baby's life-force is what is powering the spell that will kill lots of people, and so the only way to stop it is to kill the baby?

Killing baby Hitler would still be evil, since baby hasn'tdone anything. Just being there might have altered history too.

Instead paladin should help him get into an art school.

If you're playing properly you find a third way, but if it's an immutable binary decision and you truly have no other options then you kill that baby or sacrifice that million and then smite the bastard responsible.
And then slap your GM for being a dick.

You don't fall, as being coerced into doing something is not the same thing as no longer believing in your principles and having your entire worldview invalidated.

Killing baby hitler would be evil because hitler did nothing wrong

Fall as in a fall from grace. This use to be deviating from lawfulness and goodness according to a rather vague criteria. In the latest edition they have various oaths which are flexible but fairly straightforward. You can break these oaths in an extreme fashion to become an oathbreaker, which generally requires being an unrepentant asshole.

Could a Blackguard 'fall' if they're somehow convinced to go to the Light Side?

That'd be a redemption, I think. 5e can do it away from being an oathbreaker, but only once.

Hmm actually come to think of it, is there any examples of instead of breaking oaths, you simply take up another?

A paladin cannot be "made" to fall, either through trickery or a no-win scenario. As long as a paladin makes a choice to do good, he's fine. The only way a paladin falls is if he consciously and deliberately chooses to do so.

In such a scenario, where a paladin has fallen, he's actually more dangerous, because the oaths and codes he adhered to are no longer in play and cannot protect his foes from him.