This is not ok

This is not ok

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HG4F0NmGpg4
badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/from-russia-with-love-oldest-russian-colognes.40008/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why?

This is.

Er why?

Crippling autism, and/or a desire to start troll threads.

not OP, but I think I see the issue: those tiny magnets and the snugness of the cap are all that hold it in place.

once the snugness wears out, those Tiny magnets can't possibly support those apparent solid metal die.

Not to mention using an artisan carved wooden box lid to roll the dice in will ruin the finish.

OP doesn't actually have a group of friends to play with, so starting these pointless threads on Veeky Forums is the closest he gets to interaction with other humans.

ill tell you why its not ok, because its not a crown royal bag

>not just using an old Chinese carton to hold all your dices
M8...

How exactly are you supposed to fit this in your pocket?

Carrying that around would be loud as fuck. At least line the inside with some kind of cloth or leather or something.

>dices
Die, please.

I'm a woodworker by trade. While we were all going to end up using wood for commercial and practical purposes there was something said about when we applied our skills to make art. When it comes to works of art something we were told was that wood is only a worthy material if you make something immortal with it; something that will be passed down and we were not wasteful with it.

Sure, wood can be used to make a box but you can get a fucking box from anywhere to hold any number of things. Unless you're making the box out of scrap, the sheer fact that most people use good quality wood to make disposable garbage like deck or dice boxes is almost criminal and the reason why it's getting more and more expensive or impossible to get the good shit - because retards are paying to make bullshit products. Large pieces of wood should be used to make large projects; small crap like OP's picture should be made from whatever is lying around but often, due to manufacturing processes, people use huge pieces of clear grain good shit to make their middling garbage.

More and more you see people put wood in places but if anybody was looking carefully it's still just concrete and steel but they've used incredible pieces of wood to decorate the exterior.

Some dipshit took good shit and just took a CNC machine to it in OP's picture. It's like taking a piece of wagyu and turning it into hamburger. And that's wasteful.

XXXL cargo pants

No user, you have it backwards.

Fuck off.

What's in the corner of the left one? Is that fucking food?

Just for this autism, I'm going to purposefully buy good wood, reduce it to sawdust, mix it with glue, and use it to cast dice and a die box.

needs to be more inflammatory, I can't change the wording of this one to make it into sick copypasta

A figurine.

>It's like taking a piece of wagyu and turning it into hamburger.
That's going to be one delicious fucking hamburger. Why do you think people make sirloin burgers and the like? If you get hamburger from a butcher shop, you'll often find good quality meat getting ground up because nobody bought that particular cut. Those are some of the best burgers you can eat.

Because even if you're using high quality materials to make something that is, IN YOUR OPINION, a low quality product, does not diminish the value or enjoyment the consumer receives from it.

>Crown Royal bag
This. You can even get them in different colors. Why would you use anything else?

>Why would you use anything else?
Because then I have to force myself to drink the garbage that is flavoured crown royal.

He probably meant kobe specifically. One of the main draws to eating kobe is its unique texture and marbling, which causes the meat to literally melt in your mouth, so grinding it up to make a hamburger is an enormous waste

Not that I agree with him but still

where can i buy one?

>force myself to drink the garbage

Just mix it with something.

I thought I was the only one!

Because things that fourteen year-old me thought would impress my friends are things thirty year-old me thinks are stupid.

>mix it with something
Be. A. Man.

What if you... put the box in a crown royal bag?

I'm actually quite pleased with my dice container. I use mini dice and I have 5 complete sets, all of them a different size. The container easily fits into my palm or a pocket. I should probably paint it, it was originally for a pair of free headphones.

>muh drinking so manly
>putting a period after each word
full rebbit
still obsessed with seeming cool to impress strangers even at 35

Whiskey tastes good. It tastes best with a little bit of room temperature water. If you're drinking mixed drinks it's because you're trying to get drunk and don't even enjoy alcohol. It's obscene. Basically it's making a burger outa whatever the fuck the other user was talking about.

Because to get one I would have to drink a bottle of blended whiskey.

Couldn't you gift it to somebody? Would they really get bitchy about the alcohol not being in a fancy bag?

>Whiskey tastes good
No it doesn't fag. Now gin, that's the good stuff.

>Whiskey tastes good

I would agree but they're discussing flavoured Crown Royal

>artisan carved
>Like a 5 seconds on a band saw and 20 minutes in a cnc.

U wot m8. They're rare earth magnets, they will hold fine.

Well yeah. My point was "don't drink that kinda crap and 'but you can just mix it' doesn't really get around the problem of it being bad whiskey."

Not that a blended whiskey is necessarily bad. Just that cheap whiskey is bad. Plenty of good, blended whiskeys exist. Chivas is a blended whiskey. So is Ballantine's which, while cheap, I've always thought is pretty damn good. It's nice to be able to rely on a blended whiskey, because you always know what you're gonna get. Glenlivet is my face but I've had the occasional bad bottle. It's a risk you run with single malts.

Go to the bar and ask if they have any bags.

I think everyone is misunderstanding each other here.

>using the bag
>not jamming the dice into the bottles and shaking them to "roll" the dice

Fucking pleb tier dice containeration.

Caribou Crossing comes in a bag, and is a much higher quality whisky. also, they have a single barrel reserve that is pretty damned good.

Gin tastes of fucking mouthwash.

What's a wagyu

There is literally nothing wrong with blended whisky.
Crown Royal being vile is another matter altogether.

youtube.com/watch?v=HG4F0NmGpg4

the marbling is basically the reason why wagyu (the breed of cow)/kobe (the region of japan where a lot of wagyu beef comes from) beef is so good and so damned expensive. the dumb thing is that with ground meat, you can add as much fat as you want.

thus, grinding up wagyu beef for a hamburger is pointless at worst and masturbatory at best.

>I never deviate from decades of boring lack of utility or interest
>and its a cute way to signal you're a fun and friendly mega-alcoholic too!

Back to the r e d d i t or back to God's loving embrace, I don't care what you do, but get ye gone faggot. I've absolutely had enough of you fly-by-night would-be grognards pretending you are invested in this hobby and you don't belong here.

before someone asks for sauce, here's the background story.

Sorry, where were you when I needed someone to craft a really awesome dice tray? I had a design and everything but you were nowhere to be found, so instead I settled. Your life was the waste in this scenario, not the wood.

it's not blasphemy to drink whisk(e)y in anything other than it's purest form. many distillers encourage making cocktails with whisk(e)y, and many of the best throughout history have been based on it.

now stop being a pseudo-elitist and go grab that bottle of vermouth and start muddling.

no, creme de menthe tastes of mouthwash.

gin tastes of wrapping your lips around a blue spruce.

>not samogonka taped into used milk jugs
snobs

Those are adorable!

>Ooh, look at me, I'm a hipster
>I probably play Fate and think D&D is shit

Whoa, I didn't expect to see this on Veeky Forums. I play Pathfinder with Cliff, one of the two guys who made this. I've seen this thing in person.

Tell us more about how Cliff sucks

Stab him for us.
With a shank made of bad wood. Don't spend good wood shanking this guy. Good wood deserves better.

>m-muh wood

You that shit grows on trees right

Oh he's a fucking awful player. He builds these fucking retarded ass combos that max out a single roll but can't do literally anything else. Last campaign it was grapple checks, this time it's demoralize. I fucking hate it. He's one of those guys that likes the gimmicky dice. You know, like the bone, full metal, autistically engraved.

He bought me two cokes though last game, so I guess he's alright.

Good strong wood tends to be extremely slow growing.

>I am a hipster who has adopted the pretense of being OG
>I post about coasters, Fuklaw and That Guy so I can fit in with the rest of you neckbeards

I thought I told you to get back to whence you came from, you lost child.

Unless you're a silviculturist I don't see how that affects you at all.

That Guy is real tho.

>not using a self-made basket to store your dice
shiggy

Thanks for the 100 threads with the fake stories about him. Make sure to include me in the screencap you post to rebbit - throw a couple of upboats my way while you're there, thanks.

Just went to a restaurant that sold wagyu burgers. Shit was delicious.

Thanks for that

You must be pretty sheltered if you've never encountered a single That Guy.

>If you're drinking mixed drinks it's because you're trying to get drunk and don't even enjoy alcohol.
It's actually because I enjoy both + the fact that I'm a faggot.

Not everyone can afford Glenlivet, or even Maker's Mark all the time.

>If you're drinking mixed drinks it's because you're trying to get drunk and don't even enjoy alcohol. It's obscene

No one enjoys alcohol, moron.
You're not seriously going to tell me that you drink 190-proof Everclear for the flavor of it.

Why must you do this?

>missing the point deliberately

YOU DO NOT BELONG HERE

>He doesn't know how to appreciate a cocktail or a neat beverage.
lol fag

You would say that Patrick.

This is the worst "The Aristocrats" joke I've ever heard in my life.

>Artisan carved
You're kidding right I can see the router marks on the poorly sanded finish

you are right, metal dice are terrible.

>If you're drinking mixed drinks it's because you're trying to get drunk and don't even enjoy alcohol.

what is a martini
what is a mojito
what is an old fashioned

there's good strong wood in my pants and ur mom definitely didn't think it was slow growing last night

>fact that most people use good quality wood to make disposable garbage like deck or dice boxes
If you make it disposable and not a thing that the player will use for years and pass on to their successor/child, maybe it was your work that was lacking?

weeaboo meat

Fucking hell the urge to buy dice is really fucking hard to control, I have everything I need yet I want more.

My DM in my current 5e campaign has haematite dice and they're fucking beautiful.

>what is a martini
A warcrime.
People only drink this piece of shit because of MUH JAMES BOND. Jesus fuck, who even came up with this disgrace?

No-one enjoys PURE alcohol. Good quality spirits can actually be pretty nice.

Dwarven Stones by Crystal Caste.

Should the snugness ever wear out you can just add a layer of varnish around the surfaces that hold each other.

metail die sucks, I agree.

Depends on your definition of pure. 100% will definitely kill you because it's too pure. Moonshine on the other hand gets as close to 100% while still being potable as is possible.

>100% will definitely kill you because it's too pure.
The fuck are you talking about, purity of alcohol isn't what kills you, it's the overdose.

Hold the God Damn Phone

You can CNC wood?

I mean, of course you can, why wouldn't you

But I had never considered it

Great there goes my productivity for today, I'm watching wood CNC videos on youtube instead

Eh, the Rye's decent, at least. A very mild rye, oddly vanilla forward, but not terribly sweet. You could certainly find much worse for the same price. The bag's a nice beige linen.

I...
What.
It's the first thing I did.
What did you buy yours for?

Get some better gin and vermouth you moron

Do people actually pay for dice purses and shit?

Well, not all the time, but a bottle or three per year should be doable.

> 100% will definitely kill you because it's too pure
>he doesn't know that Russians like to drink the 98% alchohol from the perfume bottles on regular basis
Google "тpoйнoй oдeкoлoн".

badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/from-russia-with-love-oldest-russian-colognes.40008/

>dice boxes are the reason large pieces of expensive lumber are getting more costly

>not bankers making "river tables" out of entire tree trunks like they saw on the yootoobs

I googled those river tables, and it actually seems like they look better if the wood isn't of the best quality. They have far more interesting patterns then.

So maybe it is the dice boxes after all.