Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

>The Duncan can!
youtube.com/watch?v=N2vwVgNBFL8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Old thread:

First for Slaanesh!

I forgot to make an edition edition.

I2

Who cares. It's Searchable in the catalog because it's named right with the 40kg
What will you do when 8th hit and that stops being a thing?

Please recommend me some good audiobooks

Preferrably about IG or Orks if such a thing even exists

my dudes > your dudes

Their dudes > our dudes

>What will you do when 8th hit and that stops being a thing?
As long as they don't take "Aeldari" from me I'll be okay.

Has anyone ordered bits from spellcrow before? How was shipping, product quality, ect?

>sly marbo.gif

I care, I have shamed my famury and my generar

I had meant to make it "Nobz in a 'Naut" general

XI legion > II legion

Thoughts? I enjoyed it quite a bit.
I forget how brutal and deadly bolts are. I'm also upset at the amount of failed 3+ and 2+ saves.

>That arm

FEMALE SPACE WOOFS

like the knot

>tfw Orks are top tier in 8th edition

>Space wolves were a mistake

t. everyone over the age of 15

Had some really cool moments.
Terminators teleporting into the first ambush was easily one of my favorites.

I didn't like them at first, but the more I got used to it the more hilarious it is.

So, will 60 Multi-Melts be even better against Smug lists now?

Cadia!

That's a strange way to spell Blood Angles

>be nearly 30
>play space wolves
I don't think they're a mistake. Tolerance for fursuiters was a mistake.

>There will be new players entering 8E who will complain about cheesy ork players who don't even bother to use proper models.

Green tide? Moar liek grey tide, amirite?

Nothing wrong with Noble savage space Vikings in Power Armor bro.

Voklite Charger or Plasma blaster for my Tartaros Sergeant?

Play any games this weekend?

I played a 1750 game and then a 1000 game against a Space Marine player today. It was also my first time playing against Space Marines. I didn't know what he chapter he used, but they all had Feel No Pain.

The 1750 game was notably unbalanced in my favor. I finally got to use the Emperor's Wrath formation for the first time and it did massive amounts of damage. That combined with my blobs and tank commander made the game fun for me, but not so much for my opponent. We decided to play an extra game to make up for that.

The 1000 point game was more fun because I made a little Bullgryn deathstar that put in work. The Commissar Lord attached had a body count of around 15. His Chapter Master was also in the fray and beat to death most of the Bullgryn. I ended up losing the game, but it was pretty close. The close combat was the highlight, so I'm hoping 8th edition close combat is a lot of fun too.

With a new edition, is it time to rotate which Chapter is most loved/hated, or is the love/hate pretty much going to be evenly split between wolves, bangles, dangles, temps and smurfs?

I'm already working out my full cheese list for 8th edition. Do I go for the gork or mork 'naut for my nobz?

It would be based is some user recommends me some books that cover the black legion, preferably where they don't just get shit on by mary sue superfriends like the way the current lore is going

>Nobz in a 'Naut may actually be a thing soon
Have we meme'd too far?

Can homosexuals become space marines?

>Furious charging out of a nigh unstoppable naut and hitting before the enemy.
By the emperor... what have we created?

>Brings a Titan formation to a "narrative" game
>T 20
>W 50
>SV 2+
>each
>Opponent sends fabious bile into combat with them
>he hits first due to assaulting
>hits
>wounds on 6+ (because everything can do that in 8th
>I fail my save
>His weapon is Instant Death
>Remove Titan from the field
>Remove other 2 Titans after failing battle shock

Cannot wait for 8th.

>Pretending not to know about the Dark Angels.

Excellent. Highly recommend

That's one of the genetic factors they look for when making Marines. Heterosexuals don't understand true """""brotherhood"""""

Only men who understand the taste and love of another man can truly have each others backs and become Space Marines TM.

Despite the fact that this is bait, I'm still going to illuminate all the things wrong with it for people who are just joining us and have no idea what the rules in 8th are:

>Brings a Titan formation to a "narrative" game
Formations no longer exist, and narrative games don't mean "unbalanced games where you can do whatever you want", that's Open games

>Opponent sends fabious bile into combat with them
>he hits first due to assaulting
>hits
>wounds on 6+ (because everything can do that in 8th
We don't know everything Wounds on a 6+, it could be like SWA where you need to roll a 6 and then the 6's need a second roll of 4+ or more to stick.

>His weapon is Instant Death
No longer a thing, weapons can deal multiple Wounds per hit or even Mortal Wounds which ignore saves and don't need to roll to Wound, but you'll never be removing a 10+ Wounds model in one hit with anything.

>Remove other 2 Titans after failing battle shock
Not even remotely how battleshock works. Titans aren't going to be squadroned together and even if they were they're not going to have a Leadership lower than 7.

I wonder what 8th means for walker armies.

Also, I wonder what Forgeworld is going to update for 8th and if their "Fires of Ceraxesus" book was planned around 8th's release.

>battle shock
someone defend this, this is the shittiest addition to 8e

Hey I know that store. It's MY FLGW.

Reveal yourself, fiend.

Now that we have truescale Space Marines incoming, can we get truescale guardsmen too?

>greco-roman inspiration
>on lifelong voyages in space
>no women to reciprocate their urges
Pretty sure all marines are at least "prison gay".

>Terminator ambushes, Terminator ambushes everywhere

That shit was great

I'm pretty sure that the Imperium as a whole give no shits who you fuck as long as you do your duty to the emperor. Smaller groups might have their own idiosyncrasies.

You have my attention, care to elaborate?

Are you looking to play 7th still? I'm itching to play games, but I don't really know many people at the store yet. Would you want to meet up for a game next week?

do you guys have the hardcover or is the paperback finally out?

This is what we have come to with the new edition.

I don't get this.

Its one of their big moves for simplification. Less moving units around and keeping track of status: Just remove some models instead

Not to say I approve

People defending 7th edition are worse than Hitler.

I like 7th, yes, but I hardly have time to play on weekends due to my job.

Play any Sigmar?

>be 2nd/3rd ed SW fan. Love Viking shit.
>Suddenly, 5th edition codex.
>WOLF WOLF WULFEN ON A WOLF RIDER WULF WHO WOLFS THE WOLFEN WOLFIST WOLF.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

multilaser can hurt things so you don't have to bring a superheavy to kill a superheavy.

Local GW did a ginormous Gathering Storm siege event thing over the weekend. Probably about 17-20 people playing. Tried to take pics but phone camera is terrible. I liked this one though just because getting a Squats-eye view was funny. As is the fact their heads barely poke over the wall.

Hardcover here. Te Kathurangi is my favorite guy.

POST SHARK MARINES
POST EM
ANY AND ALL

Morale should really just be a way to clean up leftover models from a squad, so you don't have to waste a whole squad to kill a single guardsmen.

That's because it's bate or their an idiot.

I like you

that's what it is, except that in this case "leftover units" are the other half of that squad of boyz.

You free at all on weekdays? Weekends are usually bad for me too, but sometimes they are open.

I don't play Sigmar yet, but Adam has been asking me every time if I'm going to play it. I haven't decided what army to pick because there are too many that I like.

>legion is literally called Space WOLVES
>from FENRIS
>led by a WOLF KING
>who was literally RAISED BY WOLVES
What did you expect you stupid nigger. The Nordic flavor was only ever meant for their naming conventions and some cultural style.

Not quite, it's more of a percentage increase in damage. I'm thinking of ongoing checks once you hit a threshold of models left.

I can only imagine its the shits that think they're gonna lose out, ie eldar tau and marine shits

I still have my SW army from 3rd edition and all I can say is that it went from what you'd expect from 40k excess to completely over the top in a way that isn't fun.

Maori Marines not as good as Space Vampires

Multi laser is str6, which can hurt previous AV13 and probably AV14 vehicles now.

>their

part of the reason not to do ongoing tests is that people will forget them, and then feel really shitty when they win/lose because someone forgot to test on that one unit that crucially impacted the game.

>AV13 and probably AV14 vehicles now
>AV now

>Previous.

Weekdays are way better, will be better once I get out of spring semester.

What armies do you play for 40k?

>previous AV13 and probably AV14 vehicles now.

previous av valued vehicles turn into touhness based creatures that can be hurt by multi lasers.

Wht is so hard to get in that afformentioned sentence? Is american education system that bad?

Reminds me of Fantasy fear/terror checks. Half the armies where I play are immune, so we're constantly forgetting them when it actually matters.

If they're not going to make morale have a purpose they should've just dropped it.

You're dumb and I hope your microwave explodes when you fail to read the instructions properly.

I was calling Dangels gay as a joke~

>Wht is so hard to get in that afformentioned sentence?
Everything you left out when you had to clarify. Also, your shit spelling doesn't help. Your Eastern European education is leaking through.

It does have a purpose now. I'll be mad if they give armies a way to get around it automatically.

At least in AoS mob armies had to have large units to get bonuses against additional losses. As is I think it's going make it so that a more efficient usage of points is to buy transports for your units, since the transports can't be forced to take morale tests for wounds suffered.

Also the only psyker in the entire game was one Astropath who sat in a building on the Imperium side and kept trying (and failing) to turn my Squats invisible.

The men of the Anglican 3rd after a long year of crusading against the heretical Silver Knights were finally being rotated to the rear of the lines but even on a simple patrol their bad luck caught up with them. Played a 500pt Purge the Alien game against the Tyranids of Hive Fleet PeanutButter you lads in the mood for a quick batrep?

user means that the Dark Angels are a giant gay joke.

>Lionel Johnson, the author of the poem "Dark Angel", which was about repressed lust, was allegedly a closet homosexual
>The Rock was a gay bar
>The Dark Angels Space Marines prefer Plasma weaponry, shooting hot loads into other men
>They have a "Dark secret"

>and probably AV14 vehicles now
Implies that vehicles still have AV, which they do not.

There was no need for clarification in the first place, it is not my fault if your cognitive skills are sub par

>playing 500pt games outside of SW:A
why

Primarily Guard, but I have some Inquisition, Sisters and Scions/Kasrkin models. I just got back into the game like 4-5 months ago and have been doing a lot of building, painting and undoing childhood mistakes.

What do you play for 40k?

And if weekdays are better, want to meet up Wednesday when it opens?

A phase just to deal some extra damage to a unit that took damage isn't a good purpose.

ffs
how many of you neckbeards are incapable of reading a complete fucking sentence and understanding it ?

Previous you imbecile, previous!

I don't mind it having a phase because that keeps it organized and I don't mind the rules as they have been presented, even though they aren't great, because I could easily have seen it going the way of D&D grappling levels of unnecessary complexity for the sake of "realism."

Hey GGA, I went there Saturday. I don't know if you know, but the store has 2 of your infantry models. I briefly met Peanut Butter Nids man and watched a game between him and another guy playing Solar Auxilia. They were nice.

Okay, let's learn English today. The sentence you wrote:
>Multi laser is str6, which can hurt previous AV13 and probably AV14 vehicles now.
uses the word "now," which implies the present. The sentence that you wanted to write is
>Multi laser is str6, which can now hurt vehicles that were previously AV13 and AV14.

So they're making big nuMarines but are they making big nuTerminators as well?

>at least three different posters claim writing is terrible
>NUH UH U ALL R RETARD!!!111animegirl.jpg
pic related yourself

>"okay, you got this, dont fuck up..."
>"oi greg, I ken stil see ur arm m8"
>"FUCK"
This image is too much

The only thing I would want is for some units, if wiped out by battleshock, to be able to return. So like if you kill enough Bloodletters from a huge blob so that 5 are left, and then those 5 die from battleshock, they'll go into ongoing reserve and deep-strike back in instead.

Granted, that's probably better served just by having a special rule on the units it makes the most sense for.

Excellent thank you anons