Remember to comment on other parties

Remember to comment on other parties

The template is here for your convenience

Why is Dwanye (dwan-yeh?) turning to stone?

What is the setting that the game Siegfried and Hagen are in like?

Thanks for the update. Which of these characters are NPCs?

Is your group from the adventure time universe or something or is that just an artifact of the user’s draw style?

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b7_y-F8VtSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This was a sub-campaign that took place within the Rogue Trader game we were (and still are) playing.

The game has been running for almost a year and a half now and while this was a good ways in when this happened it was still a long time ago so some details about why characters were recruited and what they were equipped with may not be accurate.

Its an RT campaign that runs on a mod of Apocalypse World, with various house rules and add-ons on top of that tacked on as we've gone along.

What happens to the draw your group threads people people drew crude charicatures of their group's players and GM sitting at a table?

I guess I'll repost mine.

I'm too lazy to do the entire group, but here's my current character.

why does Grimbor's hat look like it's dancing?
does it actually do that (or maybe have an outer layer that undulates dramatically to draw attention to him when the wind blows on it?)

what system is this?
The system sounds like Trigun meets samurai champloo and Naruto

Just 5e. I was mostly pushing my luck to see what the DM would allow, but he's wholeheartedly embraced it because it's all bog standard stuff in crunch, and he seems to like my being a pissed off Horc who can't be bothered with the majority of things, but always saves the weak (then tells them to get strong), is kind to kids (and will play their imaginary games with them) and his conflict with the Oni is a battle for control at the worst times, but often just conversations about the situation and how stupid other people can be.

It's a really shitty hat that Grimbor made himself. It's buckling under the weight of the minotaur horns he added to it after he killed the beast they belonged to.

The world is earth 500 years after a meteor carrying a alien fungus hit and started the apocalypse.
We are in Borka which is Germany and are traveling to help Justian one of the biggest city's to fight against rebelling klans.
You have tribes like the cockroaches who are basically stil in the stone age, and on the other hand you have tribes like Hagens who have limited access to electricity and can build guns.
The alien fungus changes humans and is really dangerous.

thank you for explaining.

That's funny.
Did he make the hat in-game too or did he have it at the start?

He made it ingame. Even rolled for it.

>Pic related
Relativeley new party im DMing.
Might have overdone it with the characterizations a bit.
Were very early in the campaign and they are already turning half of it into a slice of life drinking RPG. Which is funny considering we are playing DnD as to have something to do that isnt getting drunk.
The party, after constantly having accused the innocent druid temple of every disgusting thing imaginable is now finally on track to face down a cult of a War God that would be a War God as discribed by anti war movies.

That is if they dont stop to play cards in the dungeon or give stupid nicknames to Goblins or Kobolds.

North African themed party? Realy liking the tokens.
youtube.com/watch?v=b7_y-F8VtSo

tell me more.

Your group sounds fun.
I've never played a DnD game where a group put that much into role playing the things that happened between fights and investigations.

Do you have logs of the game?

Raguh the Minotaur keeps logs in universe, which for some reason means the player needs to write the logs entierly in Wingdings because Raguh is NotEgyptian.

Its a mixed bag. Some of our players (the Paladin and the ranger primarily) are pretty shy and cannot get into roleplaying so much while our Druid and monk go all out.

The psion is a special case. I think he means genuinly well with the roleplay but hes edgelording it up too hard and ive had to stop him numerous times because he acted in a way that was quite frankly nonsensical in universe just to get a reaction out of people.

My group is fairly inexpirienced but were all good friends, so we kind of have problems developing the chemistry between the characters but thats not too much of an issue because the players got that going IRL.

Mostly in the previous campagins the most involved players were the ones edgelording it up and i think my friends associate roleplaying with beeing a jerk in character.
Funly enaugh, the Psion was the DM of the previous game and had to suffer the edgelording of what now is the Monk, who in my campaign is the most sensible character around.

maybe this is some weird DM rite of initiation where each DM has to be a fuckward in the next DMs campaign.

There's not that much to tell about the hat.

Grimbor is some kind of idiot savant and one of the only Dwarven spellcasters in the world, because Dwarves normally don't use magic. He got kicked out of his dorf fort after setting some shit on fire and was like fuck this, I'll prove myself by conquering the surface world then we'll see who's the unstable lunatic here.

Much to his dismay he found out literally everyone on the surface is taller than him, so at one point he snapped and decided the only reasonable course of action was to make himself a giant hat so he'd look taller. The Minotaur horns were a later addition, because he found out that most people thought the hat didn't make him look tall, it just made him look silly. He thought the horns would make it look fierce and intimidating and make people respect him more.

Fortunately he gave up on the conquer the surface thing, now he just tags along with the party, mainly because they keep giving him good excuses to light things on fire.

so the party is basically the best place for him to be in a world without insane asylums, therapy, and mind drugs.

That's the gist of it. The party puts up with him because he's useful when something needs blowing up, and he puts up with the party because there are always more things/people to burn in our line of work.

It's a bit of a dysfunctional partnership, but then that describes the whole party pretty well. It describes most adventuring parties for that matter, in my experience.

does he type them or write them in wingdings?

i dont actually know.
He may be insane or a genius

i mean he types them but i dont think he only changes them into wingdings later, i think he types it in wingdings

THICKER

those thighs are a little lopsided. (bulge out too far on the left)

Goodwill bump

Bumping because this is becoming its own General.

What do you mean by "overdid it with characterization"? You are the DM, are you saying that you encourage do your players to go to far into characterization?

>Bumping because this is becoming its own General

How does that work? Just because the thread is recurring does not mean it is a general.

i mean on the picture here. lots of text

and well i generaly try to always encourage roleplay unless it is too autistic.

For example one character who is realy old just at some point decided he has taken part in a war that has shaped the backstory of the area they are in.
So i took a little break came up with the unit he served in and his commander and we made up a littl estory about that and that actually helped them progress.

Which was nice since his original backstory was a bit barebones.

well as long as it is easy to read and you don't have to shrink the drawings then its a-ok.

>too autistic.
>For example one character who is realy old just at some point decided he has taken part in a war that has shaped the backstory of the area they are in.
>So i took a little break came up with the unit he served in and his commander and we made up a littl estory about that and that actually helped them progress.

So that's an example of "excessive and desirable" instead of "excessive and too autistic"?

well it worked out.
by autistic i primarily mean the psion player attemtping to undermine the party to such a degree that it would split up.

nice drawing.

My favorite character is definitely the Barbarian. She's not so lulsorandom as all the tryhards I end up getting into a group with.

Some of the groups posted in this thread give me hope that I'll find a campaign that really hits off and is worth drawing.

Thanks man
This shits amazing, is it still going on?

explanation and answers from the artist himself were posted in the previous therad (which is linked in the first post of this thread.)

go there and read his letter.

Cleric of Kek
what kind of spells do Clerics of Kek get?

Kek as a Pathfinder Deity (that's the best I can do for you)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Domains (Sub-Domains):
Chaos (Revelry, Riot, Whimsy)
Luck (Curse)
Trickery (Innuendo)
Madness (Truth)
Darkness (Loss.jpg)

This one from a while ago

the party drove a tram perforated in bulletholes out into the vacuum of pluto's surface, suffocating 2 marines and resulting in the driver's summary execution

storytime please. starting with the context and beginning of this mission where that happened.

anything related to chaos, we are very early in the campaign so mostly this means when his spell fail it starts to rain frogs and he gets visions which occasionally tell him usefull stuff and occasionally tell him complete bogus.

It should be noted im going with the egyptian version so kek is not exactly a benevolent god.

Ive refluffed Slaad into demons of kek and they will eventually start to pop up with the cleric actually pursues this venture further.

>Slaad are demons of Kek

I'm stealing this shit.

What would be other good things to use as demons of Kek?

Thread is kill.

depends on how clos eyou wanna stick to the theme.
Theres plenty of chaotic stuff in DnD but a lot of it is also evil.
now Kek is also a god of darkness but i dont think regular DnD demons work well with the theme.
Maybe aboleths?

>My GM would never allow me to just light up a town. He claims he puts too much work into them and whines if we so much as decide to steal from the shops after they upcharge us thousands of gold pieces.

Someday I just want to get HUGE and live out my fantasies of knocking over entire cities of NPCs

It was great. He started with some unholy flame to ignite grain silos after knocking them over and draining the water from their reserves. That was the queue to his lady with the undead of the local area and marshes. He went full ham mode slowly chasing and destroying after the little hero groups vanaran.
The locals alchemical experiments and labs came more into view, and the connections to the labs were later found