Warhammer Fantasy Battle Thread

Exceptionally Good Mood Edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
last thread

First for shaven dwarf-beards.

bumping with Art

>be stunted fatass
>on diplomatic mission to foreign country
>make baseless accusations without any evidence to back it up and demand reparation
>they tell you to fuck off and provide some evidence and an actual request, not a demand
>come back without evidence and demand twice the reparation because reasons
>be introduced to local customs of a clean shaven chin like actually civilized people
>chimp out and start a war that will cripple the great civilisations of the world forever

>every dwarf in every setting ever

>inb4 the high elf armybook is lying and the dwarf armybook is telling the unbiased truth about everything

>Caliver Books has a fucked up website they update once in a blue moon and try to rip you off if you don't order through it
>Element Games have a huge selection, 90% of which is Not Available, and got no free delivery in EU
>Dark Sphere ain't got free delivery either and somehow manage to stock whole lines but miss a box or two of best stuff in those lines

Where else to shop for minis in EU?

They are both biased, with only difference is that HE have prettier women.

you misread
the dwarf one is biased
the HE one is based
easy mistake, no worries

Also prettier men. Though the high elf army book is the only one that admits having done something bad. Which may just be because they lost.

Wearing an irreplaceable heirloom to battle was a mistake. Also Caledor the Warrior was a bit of a fool.

Reminder that, unlike oathbreaking elgi scum, the Dawi are uncapable of lying and any dwarfen record can be considered as the objective truth

dwarfs don't lie but ommit facts all the time.

do chaos chariots work as well on tabletop as they do in total warhammer?

at first glance at the thumbnail it seemed as if Urist had hole in him and you could see the fire behind him through it

Allthough I haven't tried them out myself I'm quite interested in testing a set up of 2 x Chaos Chariots on one flank. It seems like they would be capable of some nice flank action.
However the closest I've come to fielding chaos chariots in a game are gorebeast chariots of nurgle which I highly recommend. Impact hits with killing blow and near invulnerability is great!

I meant ALL CHAOS CHARIOTS YOU CAN TAKE, like AI in TWWH does

Dwarf beards are not really beards, they are tiny tentacles.

That's why dwarfs so protective of them.

In TW, those chariots are just hilariously overpowered. After battles I look at kill stats and the majority of enemy units maybe kill 10 or 15 of my guys, and those motherfucking chariots have killed 150 or 200. They are too fast to be caught by infantry, outmaneuver archers, slice through cavalry, are too small for siege enginesand are crazy tough. How the fuck do you counter these things?

steam tanks?

Haven't tried that before, normally I go for more traditional units, but i will give them a go. I suspect the chariots will simply outmaneuver and get behind them, and wreck them in melee, plus sometimes the ai spams 8 or 10 chariots in an army, so I would need a fuck tonne of tanks. Even if I take out a couple of units before they get to me, my infantry formations will still be obliterated by chariots that drive through them like water, straight into my archers and artillery who will get curbstomped.

Ah dunno about that. To my knowledge it's atleast fully viable to fill your core-quota with only chariots.

Dinobots incoming

>lizardmen riding lizards
>ratmen riding and using rats
why ain't humans got ape mounts/pets/whatever?

i meant SERIOUS TANKS.
2 lord on pegasi (to stay out of harms' way) with nothing but tanks. 38 tanks.

I'm almost finished with this homebrew. I just need a negative mark for Handrich and Gunndred. What does everyone think so far?

Manliest elves coming through.

this looks so fucking awesome.

How can anyone compete with Asur Aesthetics?

That's almost a bit too ornate for my liking.

Dwarf tentacle raping school-elf hentai?

Onward, riders of Harambe!

>manly
>has to have women fighting for them

pick one

because fantasy doesn't have niggers

That means that their women are manly, too.

no it means high elves are generic faggot prissy elves where there isnt much difference between their feminine women and feminine men

Tolkien elves are they only manly elves and its whats high elves used to be

Oh yeah, you sure showed me with this unofficial art. While high elves don't put on a front of manliness which means for you guys being hairy, having bad hygiene, muscles and acting like a manchild the elf-faggot meme does not apply. It's just a meme that shows that you know shit about fantasy.

>you guys

what? are you rping as an elf or something?

>hurrr elves dont meet your problematic definition of masculinity shitlord! they are manly by being pretty and faggoty. pegging and cuckholdry are the true thinking mans fetishes

oh no you sure showed me

i know plenty about fantasy. helves used to be manly badass tolkien noldor elves. now they are generic faggot elves whos greatest warriors are as strong as women

>what? are you rping as an elf or something?
I mean you anti-elffaggots I have the same arguments across multiple boards with that spew the elf-faggot meme and whenever I ask on what setting they base this notion I get a non-answer, some >t. elf or something similar.
>now they are generic faggot elves whos greatest warriors are as strong as women
Alright, let's play a game. I name a badass male high elf from warhammer fantasy and you name a badass female high elf from warhammer fantasy. No mages, because we are talking about warriors here. Let's see how far we come, shall we? I start with an obvious one: Tyrion.

;^)

What's her name? It's just concept art.

why are there no war machine characters?

isnt tyrion strange among the high elves in how manly and warloving he is and seen as an outcast autist because of it?

isnt tyrions twin brother a weak fuccboi limp wristed faggot who fits right in with the other high elves?

>isnt tyrions twin brother a weak fuccboi limp wristed faggot who fits right in with the other high elves?
D-delete.

Because High Elves fighting and performing well in melee is completely unheard of, right?

Generic Elven Lord

what is face on his chestplate so surprised of?
and how did ordering that chestplate go?
>"And on my robe I need a basrelief of some grotesque incredibly astonished dude's face"

Who knows, probably Hoeth's related charm.

Mostly what I do is bog them down with as many bodies as possible. A thick block of infantry will trap them for a bit and allow you to do more damage, especially if you happen to have cavalry to come around and help surround them. Any buffing spells for your troops or weakening ones for the chariots help too.

Cavalry might be somewhat useful, but I always seem to get mixed results if I ever try and charge chariots. Better to wait until they're bogged down in infantry. Archers can be somewhat useful against them, but against a Chaos Marauder force I tend to save them for taking on the their missile cavalry, since they're too fast to get caught by my cavalry.

Then again, TWW stops having fun battles for me after they get to larger armies, and chaos chariot spam was something I was only willing to deal with for a few battles. Goes to show it's hard to match a game to the tabletop.

>TWW stops having fun battles for me after they get to larger armies
dunno, my and coop friend's massive battle agains Archaon and Sarthorael with high-end armies was pretty darn epic

literally just take 30 seconds to install an ai unit recruitment mod you dumbass

holy shit its like you faggots love to do things the dumb hard way just so you can complain about it

not same user, but me and I'm sure many other people avoid any and all mods altogether in games where one's supposed to rely on skill or which are supposed to be hard(-ish).
e.g. TWWH, Darkest Dungeon, etc.

Mods are okay in stuff like Skyrim or Space Engineers which are intended as easymode playgrounds

plenty of mods make the game harder. are you intentially trying to be retarded? literally the entire standard list of mods going around twg make the game harder

how the fuck do you think mods only exist to make the game easier? i would seriously bully you in real life right now if you were in front of me. fucking idiot

if difficulty matters, I prefer to play the game exactly as made by devs
i don't even use cosmetic mods in that case, because that's matter of principle

don't be daft. half the modes I use for skyrim actually make it harder. that's not the point.

no the point is youre hitting yourself in the head with a hammer so you can whine and complain like a fucking bitch about having a headache

kill yourself my man

It is different for co-op or multiplayer, when you have a friend to control the allied force. That can be fun, especially if you can coordinate well.

But when I'm playing the campaign, I don't find it fun to have to coordinate multiple armies to defeat an enemy force. It's the kind of battles I tend to autoresolve just because I know I won't have fun playing them - especially when it gets to the point where I'm sending multiple armies to siege one Wood Elf settlement. Large battles get awkward to play for me, especially when I don't even have the option of setting an ally force as being controlled by the AI like back in Medieval 2.

That is honestly my fault, yeah. But I've gotten really far in this vanilla game, and I don't really want to stop now. And it's still important to know how to deal with chariot spam if for whatever reason you still want to play vanilla - and I can see why, especially if you don't deal with Chaos much. Most of the time other factions can have a pretty decent mix of troops unless they're confined to only one territory like Mousilion.

Tyrions warlike fervour is unusual in Saphery, that's why he doesn't fit in with his countrymen, but Nagarithy, Caledori and Chracians are very martial societies, where nobles who aren't in the military are considered craven.

>complain
huh? what did i complain about?

Is the Man O War game any good?

yeah, its alright. you can play as any race in skirmish but are limited to humans/ khorne for campaign map.

the human and dwarf ships are neat and fun to play, makes for a nice play, but the Chaos and Elven ships look borderline hokey compared to the human ones, and tend to take me out of the game.

humans as in bretonnia or as in floppy hat fags?

im surprised he didnt have all female bodyguards

>because of total Warhammer and other vidya GW decide to bring back fantasy
>to not alienate age of shitlord goyim they change it so it's 4 a rank again and use 25mm round bases
>this makes them reprint the wotr movement trays

Haven't played, but I assume they're essentially interchangeable as far as Man O' War is concerned.

is it story-driven, or I can just sail around like in Sid Meier's Pirates!?

Fine by me. Round bases look better and my daemons were always on rounds.

oh shit thats true. only wanted to play to be bretonnia

The latter.

>not saving your family and making Montalban your servant

Do you not actually understand the entire concept of Tilean and Estalian warfare? Its based off the glorious early modern period where Italy and Spain perfected the art of mercenaries.

>53128456
You people made me reinstall SM Pirates. Thank you.

there are bretonnian ships and empire ships
so yes you can be a bretonnian captain.

Skaven do not have cavalry

Tunnel Rushers. They were found to be cost-inefficient so they don't typically use them but they do exist in the fluff.

Even discounting that,
> Rat Ogre Bonebreakers
> Great Pox Rats

Rogre bonebreakers are a warlord mount. Also alot of warlitters are on skaven backs.

he isn't fron saphery
he isn't even a mage
he has nothing to do with them

Probably for the same reason that Orks are riding boars, or Goblins are riding wolves. I know there are also squigs, but still.

Have you guys ever came up with new Necromantic rituals and or spells as GM or Player? What were they? Do you have any advice for someone looking to do the same?

Are there Bretonnian ships? What do they look like?

like ships

Just got the executioners sword in Vermintide and goddamn it's a damn good sword.
>mfw getting beheadings left right and centre

How is the new Vermintide DLC?

No to both cases, you should try to find out imaginative ways to exploit the WHFB Necromancy theme (Soul manipulation, raising Undead and Aging) but here's some ideas:
>Ensorcell weapon: binding a soul to a weapon, improving it but being necromancy, and with some side effect (Screaming sword anyone?)
>Any sort of "dominate undead" to turn Necromancer's undead against him
>Some sort of reverse raise dead, forcing Undead troops to crumble
>A ritual to awaken a sleeping Vampire?
>A ritual to fully bring back the dead?
>A ritual to turn a player into a Vampire?

Or adapt the Vampire spells from the not-so-popular Storm of Magic
>Malediction of Nagash: At the Necromancer’s command, his enemies feel the looming shadow of undeath fall across them, sapping their strength and endurance.
>The Army of Doom Keep: The legendary Elf Mage Anareth could not forever destroy the dread army of Doom Keep, so he sealed it away in a pocket of magic. Alas, this prison could not remain secret forever and, little by little, accursed Necromancers have begun to draw the wight-host into the mortal world once more.

there is no way back from Smegmarines. the 40k update shows that GW is fully embracing this new policy of warcraftifying everything, and the steampunk abominations have been the final nail in the coffin for me.

GW doesn't want Oldhammer back, and I don't thinl I even want NuGw to fumble with the material any more than they already did. They can't be trusted with any of their IPs, and I'm glad it's in CA's hands now.

So they're like the old Man O' War ones? Buccaneers etc.?

Is this on PC? PS4 it takes ages to get the updates.

Forgot to mention yes. When the sword hits their head hitbox, they lose their heads.

Damn it I paid good money for this piece of shit and I'm getting some use out of it.

PC always gets the DLC first

For some reason I thought it would be a new 2H for the Elf, you know like the Dark Elf executioner sword? I don't really care about Kruber I always have him sword and board.

How do I destroy strong heroes in total warhammer? Grimgor almost killed my army.

cannons

i'm bringing a unit of ~35-40 bestigors. should they be in horde formation or 5/6 wide? I already have two hordes of Gors 40 strong each with multiple raider units to protect flanks

I would run them horde with a magic banner and plonk them in the middle of your line.

red pill me on 9th age vs 8th

You should be asking that in /twg/

All of these work:
>AP ranged focus fire
>Knocking him constantly with monsters/cav
>Drown him in your units while you rout the rest of his army
>Lord + 1-2 Heroes should be able to easily gank him

T9A is more of the same but with tighter restrictions and more balance. If you don't like 8E then you won't like 9A.

i like 8e

What is Veeky Forums's recommendation for getting started? I've never painted anything ever, but I watched like 15 of miniwargaming jay's videos so I feel like I'd be able to do it decently. I'm just worried about getting started buying one unit at a time and GW discontinuing the models I'm buying at some point.

Who was in the wrong here?