Deamon Primarch Power Levels

Surely they're not all equally matched, right?

Which do you think are stronger and why?

While I can't imagine which of these four are more powerful than the other, I do think that these four should be the most powerful four of them all considering they've been doing little other than building their power over the last 9,000 years. Moreso than the others, I mean. I feel like any daemon prince directly tied to one god has the ability to feed more easily than the others would. To make an analogy for it, chaos undivided is like a stew made of four main ingredients, so to make more of it you'd need to get more of all four ingredients which is harder than just getting more of one basic thing, which is why I think these four should be the strongest. Lorgar has been meditating and Perturabo has been doing who knows what. Maybe he found a crative way to reach the top spot, but who knows. In any case I'd say Lorgar's definitely going to be at the bottom of the list in terms of raw power. He's probably going to have some kind of gimmick to make him compete against the others, but what do you guys think?

>Surely they're not all equally matched, right?

Defiantly not.
Mortarion got defeated by Draigo with a single blow.

Could've happened to anyone.

Draigo knew Mortarion's true name. No more than 3 people in the galaxy have ever known it at one time, and one of them is the Emperor. In fact, the Emperor could have told Guilliman the true name of several, if not all of the Daemon Primarch, possibly making the total of four.

Lorgar has been in communion with the chaos gods user, he probably has a lot more power than his brothers by this point

>Draigo knew Mortarion's true name.

Only in the audio drama, which was a shameless attempt to retcon the story.
Thankfully that was retconned in turn by a newer Grey Knight codex.

>Angron has doing nothing but feeding on the gory deaths of billions
>Mortarion has been doing nothing but feeding on the endless passage of time, the deterioration of the traitor legions, the Imperium, and even the Emperor himself
>Fulgrim has been doing nothing but gorging himself on an endless torrent of souls
>You're probably right about Magnus, though. He tried to arm himself with knowledge, and look where that got him.

Seriously? What happened?

Lorgar probably isn't even canoically a daemon anymore, since they retconned undivided princes.

They all had their failures and the gods usually have attention deficit si I don't know, I would imagine Lorgar to be absolutely imbued by the power of chaos

What? Since when?

Draigo was created.
Laurie Goulding who is a Chaos fanboy got super butthurt about Draigo manhandling Mortarion and so tried to nerf the achievement by writing an audio drama.
Not long after a new Grey Knight codex was released that told the original story only now Draigo beats Mortarion even more easily.

Since Be'lakor's fluff stated he was the only undivided Daemon Prince and they removed the ability to take undivided princes.

Was that the current Grey Knights codex? Would you happen to have it on you?

Was that in a Chaos Daemons FAQ? And like you said, that doesn't add up with Lorgar.

Yes and no.

Meanwhile, Magnus easily BTFO several dreadknights at a time using sorcery, something they're supposed to be extremely resistant to. He does it on separate occasions too, both on Fenris and Luna.

Mortarion a shit

That's stupid and would mean Perturabo and Lorgar are what, normal primarchs?

Just the latest edition.

Or pledged to a God.
Pert has interestingly been shown to use Nurglite sorcery, something only a servant of Nurgle should be capable of.

I'm pretty sure Perturabo is still an undivided demon prince. All that really means is that the last time iron warriors were mentioned in the lore was 3rd edition, but that was the last thing we heard of him. Canon until explicitly not and all that.

Lorgar pledged to a god would be absolutely stupid and that would also retcon M'Kar fluff too

Be'lakor's fluff is newer and contradicts that.
Perturabo using Nurgle magic is also newer and contradicts that.

I think Perturabo will be a Nurgle prince and Lorgar will probably align to Tzeentch.

You are either stupid or don't know shit about chaos in 40k

Can you at least explain your reasoning?

You're a peepee poopoo nincompoop, that's what.

The Word Bearers legion believe that worshipping one god over the rest is a great mistake, even a sin and it is not permitted among Lorgar's sons

they already retconned the entire Word Bearer legion to be full of single god worshippers in the current dex so who knows

This. Even if they shoehorn Perty into a particular god's camp, they can't do that with Lorgar. You'd have an easier time convincing Be'lakor to pick one than you would Lorgar.

But what does that have to do with the retcons?
Daemon Princes must now be marked by a God unless they're Be'lakor who is said to be the only undivided prince.
If Lorgar is a Daemon he must be of one god. I think that God will be Tzeentch.

He is a daemon prince of chaos undivided ffs

>The Word Bearers worship the gods of chaos with an unholy zeal and extreme fanaticism. Dedicating every new blasphemy to the ruinous powers, they each venerate ONE of the chaotic pantheon with manic fervour."

6th edition csm codex. page 13

That's because the Word Bearers have developed different... denominations over the years, mostly due to necessity. Even when Lorgar shows back up, there are still going to be a lot of Hosts that need the help of a particular god more than others. Gives a nice juicy reason for Word Bearer v. Word Bearer matchups.

This is either an error or an extremely impotent retcon.

I'm telling you it has changed.
Be'lakor is now said to be the only undivided prince.
You can't even take undivided princes anymore, they MUST be upgraded to a daemon of a certain God, unless they're Be'lakor.

Logically Lorgar as a daemon prince must belong to a god.

Until they actually come out and say that Pert and Lorgar are tied to a specific god, everyone is going to assume they're undivided rather than blowing one piece of fluff out of proportion

The rules of two units cannot change the whole fluff about the Word Bearers, specially having the Horus Heresy at its biggest peak

But it's not just a piece of fluff, don't you see?
Undivided Princes? Gone.
Mark of Chaos Undivided? Gone.
Perturabo? Nurgle sorcery.

Undivided is being phased out.

Same to you.

This better be blown out of proportion. Because if they retcon the entire fucking point of Lorgar falling to chaos as well as his spirit journey and passing the trials of the gods, then GW is just flat out retarded. And not just normal retarded, but literally whoever is in charge is damn near certain to have some kind of mental disability.

There were 4 primarchs each dedicated to one god, two undivided, one killed, and Alpharius Omegon refusing to fuck with the eye of terror and presumably just out in the materium doing shit like the Night Lords did. Basically, renegade factions rather than outright chaos aligned.

But Lorgar's whole drive and point to starting off the heresy was that he saw the chaos gods/warp as the true gods humanity and other beings have spoken about. To align with one is to disregard all these other gods he passed trials for to show his devotion. He was the main factor in chaos undivided being a thing, which is the very faction Abaddon is a part of and thus a big part of the setting. Do these pack of fucking cunts even read their own lore? Jesus tapdancing Christ.

He can still do that, but if he wants to be a daemon he must pick a god.

[Citation Needed]

The Be'lakor fluff.
The fact that undivided daemons can no longer be bought.
Pert being a Nurglite.

Source from a specific line of anything ressemvling a canon book ?
You know Undivided demon exist right ?

This.

Be'lakor has apparently been doing more damage to the internal consistency of the setting than he has to the Imperium.

See

>Not a citation
The fact that undivided daemons can no longer be bought
You cant buy Norn Queen and Imperator Titan either.
You couldnt buy Stormbirds since the 80's up until last year, they still existed.

But how/why would he pick a god when his entire philosophy (chaos undivided), not only says "worship all/any of the pantheon because these are the true gods", but also he personally believes that? The gods are greedy and wouldn't share if he pledged to a god. How can he equally worship khorne, nurgle, tzeentch, slaanesh, and any other warp deity if he pledged to one god? And how did chaos undivided even become a thing then, in which case, why the fuck is Abaddon even working for chaos undivided (a big part of the setting) and performing acts of worship for all the gods and gaining each of their marks?

This retcon makes no sense in the slightest.

Not a citation, Not a line, Not a book.

Be'lakor Dataslate.
You don't have to like it but that user is right. I think it sucks as well and they didn't really think it through but it is what it is until it will be retconned again.

Outdated lore from a dead game. Furies have to take Marks IIRC

>But how/why would he pick a god when his entire philosophy (chaos undivided), not only says "worship all/any of the pantheon because these are the true gods", but also he personally believes that?

Immortality would be a pretty good reason to pick a side.

> And how did chaos undivided even become a thing then

In general it's just not, the mark of Chaos undivided has been removed.

>why the fuck is Abaddon even working for chaos undivided (a big part of the setting) and performing acts of worship for all the gods and gaining each of their marks?

Abaddon is a special case, much like Be'lakor. Only the the Gods won't collectively raise him to become a daemon, because they don't do that after Be'lakor.

Be'lakor dataslate for Be'lakor stuff.
Chaos Marine book for the Pert stuff.

I'm pretty certain they're just going to re-retcon this if they want to make a lorgar demon model.

Possible, but I wouldn't be so sure. They've made a concentrated effort to move away from Chaos Undivided and they've already given the other formerly undivided DP Nurglite powers.

Extremely probable*

Lorgar has the weight of the entire Horus Heresy behind him. They're not going to retcon that because they can't. Better they realize that sooner than later.

Don't try having reasonable discussion with headcanon fags

>food analogy
Pure pottery

Angron, lorgar and Pert aren't even relevant to the story anymore. Only Fulgrim and Mortarion are actually getting models.

Do we have any official artwork or descriptions of Daemon Primarch Perturabo? I don't think I've seen any. It would be interesting to see where they go with the model. They've got complete freedom.

Grey Knights fanboyism is the fucking worst.

Draigo is singlehandedly the worst case of Mary Sue I've ever seen written into the fluff.
Thankfully it looks like even he couldn't handle seeing Slaanesh in person and fell, unless they let Ward write more Grey Knights fluff and retcon it.