/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - THICC Edition

Hay Veeky Forums

The Blood Bowl online server has been back up for a while now. I'm hoping to get most of the regulars back in, and hopefully get a bunch of new players as well.

For those who don't know what Blood Bowl is: It's like football/rugby in the Warhammer Fantasy world. It was a tabletop game at first, but with this you can also play it online. You choose a race, build a team, and beat your opponent senseless (or you just try to score touchdowns with fancy footwork and smart passing without breaking too many skulls, if you're some kind of faggy Elf or something). It requires a small downloads each game (it's java-based), but it's worth it. Once you get the hang of it (usually takes 1-2 games), games can get really awesome.

We've got our own DISCORD channel now. It'sdiscord.gg/NTdqdEW. If you want to play, joining the DISCORD channel is a good start since it makes things easier for all of us.

I'll post a small 'how to get started' to help you set up your stuff first.

First of all, go to FUMBBL.com and make an account. After making an account you'll probably have to agree to the site rules first to do anything, so just scroll all the way down and pretend you've read it (or actually read it, if you want). Don't forget to do this, because accepting the rules is a part many people seem to skip, and most of the other options won't appear until you do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=966801
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=966860
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=967012
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10393
youtu.be/SVP33UzwF3c
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/BBBretonnians.htm
fumbbl.com/help:BreT
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=967978
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Getting Started

Next, back on the site, click on "Overview". That's your 'home' screen, where you'll be able to see your teams. Right now you'll have no teams, so make one by clicking "Create a Team". Choose the "Ranked" division, because that's where 99% of all players are (later on if we decide to do a Veeky Forums-league, we'll use the "League" division). Next you can choose a race and team name. For starting races, Humans, Orcs, or Dark Elves are good, but since we're all noobs anyway, just choose the race you think is coolest, and click "Create". You'll be taken back to the Overview screen.

Now you have a team, but no players. To start adding players, click on the name of your newly created team. I'm not going to explain what players you should buy, so go to FUMBBL: Race Strategy for that. Clicking on the "Starting Rosters" link for your team provides you with a list of effective starting teams. Just choose one of them.

Now, buy some Re-Rolls as instructed by the Starting Roster you chose. Finally, click "Submit for approval" and "Yes, my team complies" to finish your team and get ready for playing. When you're done, post here or better yet join DISCORD so I can teach you how to actually play.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=966801

A Tzeench fireball just took out 4 snotlings. (you need to sign up to fumbbl for the link to work.)

My team gone shit, I'm wondering why I play bb at all
Agi 4 can’t even pick up the ball, and I can't dodge at all
And even if I could it'll all be shit, but your status on discord
It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad
[x2]
Dear Crab, I @ mentioned you, but you still ain't callin'
I left my steam, my fumbbl and my facebook at the bottom
I sent two PM’s in autumn
You must not've got 'em
There probably was a problem at the discord or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble messages, too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, fuck it, what's been up, man?
How are your teams?
My teams are getting farmed too, I'm 'bout to become a vet
If I have a star player, guess what I'ma call it?
I'ma name it Tanktop
I heard about you getting rekt by Gobs too, I'm sad
I got outskilled by stunties too and I got mad
I know you probably hear this every day
But I'm your biggest fan
I even watched the old games that you played with Tobi
I got a a folder full of your OC and bantz, man
I like how you bullied Ayy too, that shit was bossy
Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back
Just to chat, truly yours, your best man, this is Ukrim-chan

Forge world goblin secret weapons.

And the plastic "team".

Are you real sure that they are plastic? They didn't had released the elves and nurgle team yet.

Pointed Helmets special rule when?

They're plastic. The heads are interchangeable. Any word on what the MTO is this time, other than necromantic?

finals tomorrow morning at the worst fucking time possible. 6am europoor time.

Rookie finals now-

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=966860

Ball Pop: When a goblin tries to intercept the ball, a "1" result pops the ball, forcing both sides to setup once more for a new kickoff

>Ball Pop: When a goblin tries to intercept the ball, a "1" result pops the ball, forcing both sides to setup once more for a new kickoff

Countered by dwarven master-crafted ball.

Any other turn and that woulda been incredible.

Werter and Daily Dose win the Rookies.

That Fanatic actually looks pretty nofty.
Take or leave the other two.

Not so fond of the Toucanlins though.

So is the Veeky Forums league a discord only league now?

Definitely not, just seems that format suits what used to be our more frequent posters. You can discuss off topic stuff too.

>this is Cmonkey's OC he is so proud of

Here's your reply you are desperate for.

Are you a moron?

Al-fucking-right, I've been waiting for these the last two months.

Time to start my big Gobbo team.

Depends are you a cuck?

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=967012

come watch a chling time mill about.

obviously, moron.

They confirmed plastic on the facebook page in response to a comment.

Deathzone season 2 is rumored to go up for preorder at the same time is the goblins.

>buying FW resin

ahahahaha

I'll be converting the plastic team, and buying trolls from third party stores

because why would you fucking buy two monopose trolls?

That is a big surprise, I was expecting that they are releasing elves and nurgle first.

But at least I can create orc team with some goblins or maybe create goblin team.

Don't forget underworld.

Shit, finals didn't even get posted here. Veeky Forums was down when I checked earlier.

These are utter shit

Apparently this weekend Death Zone 2 will be up for preorder

Does anybody know what teams other than goblins will be featured in it?

>Underworld ends up being one Goblin Sprue and one Skaven sprue in a box and no special Troll from FW

Tendril won btw

Ban lizards when?

Now.

Anyone know what the new goblins and book are going to cost in USD/CAD?

>both teams in the rookie finals were lizards
>winner of the vets finals was lizards
>logics plays in the rookie finals again with a tv 1200 team

lizards and non rookie teams in the rookie league are op

QS is getting axed at least.

He still has yet to suffer worse than a MNG on anything but a skink (implying a -ag is anything more than a MNG)

No, they're getting forcibly retired.

"forcibly" There has been no official comment on it. Mauled, do something, anything.

He has unofficially stated that QS will be getting something done about them. We'll have to see just what that is though.

At least logics didn't win.

But Werter won scamming chopa, his hands are dirty with innocent blood

fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10393
Oh hey look, secret league.

Welcome to the Age of Nuffle

"nuffle will sort him out"

New dice, better investment than gold.

For some reason as well as Goblins they've done Human and Orc again, even though similar ones are in the boxed game.

I hate that Im prolly ordering all 3 of them

chopa fucked up himself, he got what he deserved, also
>playing monkeys

Those dice are completely different from the box set ones. Like as different as you can get while still being green and blue.

Those goblin dice are aces though.

The problem isn't QS, it's the fucking retarded league system that means when big tv teams like them come out to play, they won't be playing against other big tv teams that can hurt them.

1) the exhaustion rule means that all the big tv teams are on alternating breaks and will never all be around at the same time.

2) They are still all lumped in a division where something like half the other teams are under 1500tv. This just perpetuates the success of the big teams and keeps the aspiring teams down both in wins and development.

Exhaustion needs to go.
Have rookies/lightweight at 1200, 1201-16/1700 or something as middleweight, and 16/1700+ heavyweight. The middle range is going to be very hard to get right but it'll at least moderate the extreme cases somewhat. Could be a case for two middleweight divisions depending on numbers.

I would be tempted to ditch the playoffs and just have a league winner, as the extra fixtures that the best teams get only exaggerates their growth/success. But that's the change i'm least sure about.

Alternatively throw the whole thing in the bin and go back to a big huge rookies. But soon enough we'll need a better structure above again.

No thanks

youtu.be/SVP33UzwF3c

Penis13 was a retard posting in /sp/
He fell came to Veeky Forums to play some BB.
Penis just posted shit and sought fame,
But he never learnt how to play the game.

Dumb fag Penis, all he does is suck
Dumb fag Penis, he is such a cuck.
Is it any wonder that he is butthurt?
Penis, that poor ol' scrub turd

Oh look this faggot remembered I used /sp/ back when it was good. I guess I am an e famous now

>Alternatively throw the whole thing in the bin and go back to a big huge rookies. But soon enough we'll need a better structure above again.

Throw it all in the trash and start up some discussions about the future please.

If I try to get people to play BB what are the best teams to teach them ?
Are Amazons a viable team for learning the ropes or is just orcs and human the best way to learn

Orcs and humans are the best because they have the ability to do anything without being overly strong in any category. This gives a person a chance to try running/passing/bashing without learning wonky lessons.

But really, honestly, if the person you are teaching isn't a retard, or underage /v/ goer, let them take what ever looks interesting to them and explain the pros and cons.

With zons they need to understand that AG3 dodging has a ~10% chance to fail and if they fail one at a critical moment it might lose them the game. They need to know that it's not normal to have a team that is so hard to put on the ground, so to balance that when they do go down they often don't get back up.

Also, that they are a bit boring.

Going to pick up the Goblin team, the Fanatic and Bomblobber, and a Troll or two so I can be a Gobbo coach to give myself a handicap for games against my gf. Where do I start regarding tactics, strategy, etc.?

if you win the coin toss always kick as goblins unless you're against a team that can score really fast (skaven, elves, lizards) because if you receive you have to score with 1 turn left and waste bribes keeping your weapons in if you don't have a bench left. the bomber you should probably fire if it doesn't roll doubles for hail mary pass. foul a non lineman piece every turn if possible. goblins actually aren't that weak a team honestly, but it's very hard to win if your weapons get taken out early and you don't gangfoul

>strategy

maybe reconsider buying forgeworld minis you dumb gook

What does that have to do with strategy?

And I think the Fanatic and Bombardier are cool, though I'll probably convert a chainsaw dude. His model is shit.

because you're obviously retarded if you're going to pay like 20 pounds for one resin goblin

I can be retarded and still understand strategy. How do you think actual football players win games?

Any word on Bretonians being added to the table top even if just some widely agreed on fan work?

I have a lot of Bretonian models sitting around and I'd certainly turn them into football players.

the coach tells them where to stand and headbutt

Then tell me what to do, coach.

don't buy forgeworld

Other than that. I have a lot of expendable income. Unless you have ideas on converting the new plastic gobbos.

Cause cas, get lucky, roll 6s. Bombers are terrible and your GF is going to feel terrible when you win.

Widely Agreed on won't happen, there are 3 different versions now.

no thanks to what

this is the discussion

Trying to remove the only rule we implemented so that people don't spam their high tv team for 5 seasons.

Reminder that if you haven't either signed up for sekrit or stunty you hate fun

whens the cutoff?

Wizards when?

right so just bringing it out to auto win the league every other season is better?

how about making these teams play competitive fixtures vs other high tv teams rather than farming poor schmucks

If you remove the rule what's stopping everyone from holding onto their team until the season looks easy anyway? Removing it doesn't improve anything.

Stop strawmanning, we need to repleal and replace.

>trying this hard to win Veeky Forums league

nobody in this league is good

just make the rookie league fresh teams only and i'll be happy

>still no new lizards or necromantic sculpts
being me is suffering

>always play with TV1000 teams for short leagues

you hate bloodbowl

As an underworld player were they only start keeping good at TV 1500-1700, that would be hell.

WHERE THE FUCK IS BB2 LEGENDARY EDITION??

THIS WINTER

SUMMER

I can find one through the old OP info, but what are the other two like or know where to find them? Google makes it hard due to BB2.

plasmoids.dk/bbowl/BBBretonnians.htm
Same as in BB2.

Bump

>plasmoids.dk/bbowl/BBBretonnians.htm
though most versions give knights S access instead of A.

BERTHA

there's bb2 brets, fumbbl brets (might have been changed), and old white dwarf brets iirc

Fumbbl Brets have recently changed quite a bit,m now different from the Plasmoid version:

fumbbl.com/help:BreT

I thought they might have changed the fumbbl brets to become bb2 brets

surprised they haven't given how they adopted bb2016

Puka Cola Company vs Fragglerock Foulspawns
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=967978

New irl league starting up soon. Not sure who to play though. Any help?