How come there are so many highly sexualized miniature franchises (Kingdom Death...

How come there are so many highly sexualized miniature franchises (Kingdom Death, Infinity most of the stuff by Raging Heroes and Soda Pop)?

Few years back, games like Confronation had a fapable mini or two, but mostly badass warriors and monsters and now its like I am expected to periodicaly jerk off while painting.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15
kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance
kickstarter.com/projects/armikrog/armikrog
kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno mayne. Nerds like cheesecake, I guess.

Advances in CAD and casting mean that companies can now make female minis that aren't fuck ugly. Necromunda and SoB had boob plate and stuff so it isn't really anything new. not to mention the Slaaneshi daemonettes with their tits out.

So you don't fap to badass warriors and monsters?
Fagget.

>50mm
Disgusting.

It’s not anything new, but it is suprising how mzch of it is out there suddenly.

Considering the games are about soldiers killing one another it’s a bit creepy.

They do it because sex sells. There are enough people who will see something sexualized and buy it just for that. Same goes for marketing.

I'll be honest, the Infinity minis are what pulled me into the game.

I am curious, have you ever masturbated to one of these miniatures?

Infinity is like 50/50 at worst. The other three are just using as a marketing ploy; Kingdom Death is the only one doing it well.

>creepy
>>>/lgtb/

Nope.

It's usually by far a minority of models that you're simply noticing in frequency because of confirmation bias. CAD, kickstarters/crowdfunding, and how overall minis are cheaper to design makes it easier to produce and make a profit off. There's a stereotype that neckbeards want cute tiny lewd figures like Bandai girl figurines, but reasonably dressed female models sell about as well if the in game crunch is good. With Infinity specifically, a lot of the sexy minis are mostly delegated to support roles you'll want to take anyways, like a doctor, cornerguard, or the Tech-Bee who helps your engineers and mission. Otherwise it's a model you hardly see on the table and is basically a marker, the TAG pilots.

In my experience, and what more recent market research has been suggesting, sex grabs attention, but more often than not makes you forget what they're selling (and thus sell the product less often)

Because miniatures are aimed at a very niche group of consumers, said group is populated majorly by males who enjoy sexy things and fan service, this, aim at the majority.

Well, you can clearly see it with KD.

These kind of models are usually bought en masse by immature idiots with disposable income, never to be painted. Which is a shame because a lot of those are very nice models, like KD ones.

You just need to look for painted KD, Soda Pop, etc sexy models online and find that there are so few of them despite all of them going out of stock pretty quickly..

Please never again use GW models, not even Juan Diaz daemonettes, as examples of "sexy" females.

Marketers finally realised people triggered by boobs don't actually play or buy models and so made what core audiences want.

kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15
>$12,393,139
>very niche

For comparison:

kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance
kickstarter.com/projects/armikrog/armikrog
kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2

I said niche, not unprofitable. Miniature related games have a small, but very dedicated consumer base compared to most things, and said consumer base are willing to throw in a lot of money for things they like.

>try to find the rules for sale
>only come across resin models
You'd think they would try to keep the core shit in print.

>they made 12 000 000 and asked for 100 000
>still make miniatures that costs two arms, a leg and a kidney, with no "resale" after they run out.

Sexyness adds value to consumables, nerds like consuming and feel sexually deprived. Its not rocket surgery.

>makes you forget what they're selling (and thus sell the product less often)
What do you mean? That if you make your minis from XYZ line too sexy people will buy it less because it's to play game XYZ/ like XYZ design/fluff/sculpts/whatever, and more because they just like sexy minis and the moment some new shiny appears they will move on, so you're hurting your brand's staying power or whatever it's called?

>creepy
kys cuck

>It’s not anything new, but it is suprising how mzch of it is out there suddenly.
infinity has been like that since 06
soda popa and shit is animu and shit like that has been sex obsessed since the 80s/
>Considering the games are about soldiers killing one another it’s a bit creepy.
good for you.
doesn't make much sense because every fucking chinese cartoon under the sun has sexy characters in dangerious kill or be killed situations.
most of these are based on chinese cartoons.
perhaps you are just a hysterical prude

>faggot op who probably uses his dick sucking sexual preference as the single defining trait of his entire existence gets "creeped out" by implications of sex

are you sure youre not just triggered by seeing straight sex implied?

Guro is considered normal healthy straight sex?

The line of thought when I made that sentence was along this type of situation:

>One sees an advertisement with a woman in a bikini eating a hamburger
>The advertisement grabs attention for a few seconds
>Customer moves on, does not remember it was an advertisement for Carls Jr and does not buy Carls Jr food.

Applying the same principle to sexy minis, it's closer to the latter of what you're saying.

>arms gone
>both legs severed across the thigh
>still conscious
I know it's for the purpose of getting off on the sense of dominance they get from imagining themselves mangling a helpless innocent being just because they can, but boy gurofags are fucking retarded.
>t. biologyfag

The difference between that and this is, that example is using sex to sell an unsexy product that has no way of being sexy on its own, miniatures can be sexual on their own, so you remember the product, because the product itself is erotic, rather than an unrelated selling method.

Works for Wendy's

Most Infinity minis are pretty generic scifi soldiers and robots (that's actually one of the most common criticisms about their designs I've seen; most of them are painfully generic), with occasional female mini in skintight outfit (which is hardly unusual in SF series anyway). They just like to do a lot of "pinup" style promo minis.
Same actually for Kingdom Death. Most of the sexy human minis are promos (and the monsters are more Gigerian "quasi sexual themes for extra unsettling value" thing).

funny you use carls jr as an example because i still remember the hot as fuck kate upton commercials they did

now try to remember a McDonald's ad....blank

now try to remember a Wendy's ad...oh yeah sexy redhead

not try to remember a taco bell ad...blank

see the trend?

And then recall those fucked up Quiznos Subs commercials.

>Kingdom Come
>$1M: Dog. We'll put in some dog quests too.
My sides.

>How come there are so many highly sexualized miniature franchises (Kingdom Death, Infinity most of the stuff by Raging Heroes and Soda Pop)?
Because they appeal to perverted tabletop gamers with disposable income like me. Kingdom Death just has the benefit of being amazingly sculpted cheesecake.

what ones?