/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 12 (1d26)

Mount stupid Edition
Imbalanced Chess Sub-edition
The Emperor taught Praevians how to teleport their robbos behind their enemies (dammit ADB), podcasts know shit about the game but you couldn't edit good things on 1d4chan if you tried and only homemade spreadsheets say the truth. UMs (probably AL agents) tried to be more obnoxious than SWs without success, and Tarvitz & Tal are still in our hearts. Carry them with you wherever you go. Lots of list and mini advise in the previous, actually comfy bread. Even with audiobooks >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Nice pic traitor

3rd for the third legion glory to horus!

Gotta admit, I do like robes, cloaks and harnesses on top of power armour.

Does that look kind of like a giant mouse to you? It's nose is a bit stubby to be a wolf or a rat.

It's kind of adorable.

Sooo /hhg/ i have read the first few heresy books about loken, and istavaan, and the einstein and the like. I enjoy it, but now Loken is gone, is it worth reading the rest? I enjoyed seeing pre murder boner Sigsmund and dorn (since i play imp fists in 40k) but i hear terrible, terrible things about the series as a whole.

I know /tv/ occasionally does prefered watching lists of episodes for tv shows they like as a whole, but not every episode. Is there a prefered reading list you all have? Im still kinda new to the 30k setting though, but know 40k pretty well, so what can i read to enjoy and educate on the lore.

I want to end him. It's become a desire I near on dream about. To cast the old false king from his rusted throne. In the back of my mind I can't help but feel the thought pulse across my psyche 'Death to the False Empereor.'
The Legions were made to cast down the Tyrants of the Old Night. Well, we missed one brothers. Let us correct our mistake.

I saw this in WIP and I was thinking would I get away with doing White Scar Sagyar Mazan units in black armour.

seeing as they are disgraced outcast units.

yes brother long live horus! long live Fulgrim!

In no particular order, I would recommend not missing:
>First Heretic
>Betrayer
>A Thousand Sons
>the entire white scars storyline, but definitely Scars & Path Of Heaven
>Know No Fear
That should keep you busy. While Vengeful Spirit is important plot-wise, you may want to give it a miss, though I can't tell you why.

Also, the short story compilations are generally excellent, and give a good feel for the various legions and state of the galaxy. The other bonus is, if you do get a story that isn't very good, it'll be over soon being, you know, short.

The one author to always, ALWAYS, avoid, is Nick Kyme. Just don't read anything with his name on. Trust me.

Mankind had 30000+ years to better itself, but the moment warp travel was shut off, they were helpess against the horrors of the galaxy, and all their technology proved insufficient and was lost.
Mankind must evolve and become its master with its connection to the warp (or sever it), rather than be enslaved by it. That was His dread. You have ruined humanity and cast your lot with the dark powers of the universe. We shall protect that dream.

kys fucking traitors

I have no interest in the pacts diabolic that my weaker kin have taken upon themselves. My only wish, everything I was ever built for, was to free my species from the shackles of the old night. To free them from the terror of petty tyrants and murderous xenos. To. Make. Them. Free. That you cling to your gilded harness even now shows you are just as deluded as any other loyalist.

And then He gave up after one try, when the other races left countless alternatives. Ask the Pariahs whether Humanity is doomed. I follow no Dark Powers, but I refuse to bow to a golden pretender on a distant throne who tries for dominion by right of existence. Tell him to come here if he wants Madre Forge so badly. Then we shall see how his inconstant sons fare against orbital fire.

I bet you like that faggot saul tarvitz, hate that guy he is a traitor to fulgrim!

haha I can't hear you over all this endless ecstasy you are missing out loyalist!

the emperor is just not perfect enough

And you scum, fallen so far when our cause could have been so noble. Giving your souls to the apocalypse because your own selfish whims told you to. You sicken me. In our noble cause of casting down a tyrant. You have become the same. When our duty is done, and the False Lord is dead, there shall be a reckoning between us 'Cousin'.

Pretty much what said.

You may want to listen to the Garro audiobook for a surprise, followed by the short story Luna Mendax and then Vengeful Spirit. They aren't top-tier but you'll find them interesting.

I personally liked Fulgrim and Angel Exterminatus in addition to the previous recommendations. Tallarn: Executationer was good too but I haven't read all the Tallarn books yet. Praetorian of Dorn is mostly good, and Master of Mankind is too important not to read. Oh, and if you play IF read The Crimson Fist too.

The Imperium Secundus arc is a weak spot and a source of a lot of negativity about the series. Mixed reviews on the Dark Angels books

we are in pursuit of the ultimate perfection in mind and body, our warfare is immaculate and we will feel the most perfect sensations that our bodies can experience! if you night lords refuse to accept these gifts so be it.

We and mine hold likewise. Tailored corrosive bombardment, perhaps. We will require captives for analysis, however. It's been a while since I've had a new medium to try.

>entire white scars storyline
I would highly recommend Brotherhood of the Storm, a novella that provides a lot of background info and insight into some of the Scars' storyline's main characters. Also just a great read.

>Also, the short story compilations are generally excellent,
Thank you! I feel so many people skip over the anthologies, when in total they account for over a third of the series, much more if you subtract off Nick Kyme and Ben Counter's garbage. I especially feel the later anthologies have been excellent and really tied together a lot of the weaker elements of novels. I can't imagine someone going into Vengeful Spirit without having read Daemonology.

Perfection is both impossible and distinctly overrated. Tell me, what great works have your hedonistic kin wrought or broken? Only the weakest mind tries to comprehend its limits.

>Load Macrocannon, prepare for seed bombardment and Cloud deployment.

we work toward the perfection of war our augmentations will make us perfect!

Apparently not. Enjoy your novel agonies, for I fear your enhanced voice won't avail you of much here.

In addition to I would add Prospero Burns, but mainly because I like the human-perspective depictions of the Astartes and it's got the Astartes vs Ayys/Weird Humans I liked from the first trilogy. And it's Abnett, so it's at least decent even if not great.

>And then He gave up after one try
He gave you autonomy on His Imperium and lend you forces made of His flesh so you could recover your estranged brothers, and this is how you pay Him? Look at a mirror, in your pursuit of knowledge you forgot your own humanity.
Is that why you broadcast your presence all over the sector? So the others won't mistake you from a xenos.

>Who elected you as my father?!
My battle brothers!

>Thinking you have any say about freeing humanity when aliens still draw breath and the Great Crusade is FAR from over.
You would be surprised on how much in common you have with your traitors.

>EC tries to be perfect
>ends up as
Typical of all who would pursue the impossible, rather than delight in the journey to it.

>Being this cucked by a false god

I love how the picture representing all of humanity is a very surprised yet disdainful spacerussian rather than something like pic related.

He gave Father Mars autonomy. Not the rest of us. His flesh is no stronger than many others, and few in number. Look at your beloved Emperor's kin, his Sons and theirs. Can you truly say you see humanity uncorrupted there? No matter, for source-flesh matters not for those on the Quest for Knowledge. He paid us nothing for our allegiance, and should not expect any better in return.

>implying the Emperor is any kind of god, false or otherwise
*BLAM* NONCOMPLIANCE

>Caring about whether or not the saviour of mankind is a man or a god.
Non-compliants are still traitors to the unity of mankind
>Some space russian
Oh my sweet summer child.

Is this MGS posting? If so, could you stop? It's utterly nonsensical to the rest of us.

Y'all need Dark Mechanicus fuckers

>Can you truly say you see humanity uncorrupted there?
I can only see the bulwark against the Terror. I see the Defenders of Humanity.

I always imagine that's roughly what the Men of Iron looked like. I like to think of them as more alien looking that just 50's style robots.

>Oh my sweet summer child.
...Go on.

>Mankind had 30000+ years to better itself, but the moment warp travel was shut off, they were helpess against the horrors of the galaxy, and all their technology proved insufficient and was lost.
You take that back right now, or I will come over there and declare an Honor War on your ass!

Not only he wants to be a god but he stole his power from the true gods you blind loyalists!

I want to post them again.
The vorax for the praevian are on the way along with the achea-bots that'll just meaner alongside everyone else

Back in the day he used to be a cool normie guy with balls of adamantium.

>make one wrong move and the volkite charger gets it

Really? Seems they're the ones causing most of the trouble and the Army are the ones doing most of the work. Your Emperor's peerless soldiers have a worse loyalty record than the Cybernetica. Sure, some of them make useful attack dogs, but most have suitable alternatives.

Oh shit.
Isn't Pius supposed to be a random nameless faceless guy? Why does he have such a pimping hat?

That's right my boy, now pay your fucking tithe OR ELSE!
You are a protector. Commendable work, but you were only able to defend yourself and left the rest of mankind to rot. You're unfit to pursue the Quest of Knowledge.

Emo-fat-ass-being-saved-by-space-russian.jpg

>A talking toaster telling me how his flesh-puppets need lobotomizing to remain loyal to the tv remote.
Srsly, why are you all talking as if the Great Crusade was over? We still have much work to do.

everytime I think about changing legion this picture comes back and reminds me that I need not fancy transfers or resin custom bits, just belief in the great crusade and the emperors dream.

Yeah, I'm down for that. Stop arguing with the polite mortals, Reductor-me. Can I finish shelling these orgiastic idiots on the planet first?

Lobotomies are fairly helpful, though. Personally I prefer just letting them work from orbit, but each to their own.

By the way, is there a limit on how many units may be placed in Reserves?
You see, Tercios are stated to count as a single unit if held in reserves (like Dread talons), so they could be great with a Legate Commander picking the 3-units-infiltrate WT.
I was thinking that Outflanking Vanquishers would help against Flare shielded stuff, and supported by Vindicator Dracosans carrying axemen and flamer squads they would do an alright pincer maneuvre.
And then you add Malcador Infernus and Russes as an anvil, or longrifle infantry in Dedicated Forts with Artillery and Rapier support...
I don't know, it could be fun.
Or the 2+/3++ Legate Commander picking EW as his trait and chopping a multiwound HQ's head with a Paragon Blade and Machinator array...
Could make up the fact you can only bring up to 6 plasma rifles in a full force.

>awful bases
>THICC
>chalky white
>no highlights
>flat
>no white plasma pistol casing

YAMETEEEE

Latest version of my Custodes force, who apparently have a whole shitload of traitors they need to execute, according to this thread...

Title (formal): Legio Custodes conclave Lex Talionis
Banner Imperialis: Executioners of the Imperial Household
Cognomen (informal): Ruina Regum ('The Fall of Kings'), The Golden Axe, The Emperor's Headsmen

HQ

- Shield-Captain w/ Paragon Spear, Digital Lasers: 220 points - Prefect Theseus

- Sisters of Silence Excruciatus Cadre w/ Execution Blade, Charnabal Sabres: 130 points - 'The Hangman's Daughters'

ELITES

- 5 Hetaeron Guard: 350 points - 'The Arbiters'

- 3 Aquilon Terminators w/ Infernus Firepike: 240 - 'Squad Barrus' (elephant)

- Contemptor-Achillus w/ Dreadspear: 240 points - Moritoi Prefectus Pirithous

TROOPS

- 5 Sentinel Guard: 310 points - 'Squad Gabalus' (gibbet)

- 5 Custodian Guard w/ Vexilla & Sentinel Warblade: 285 points

- 5 Custodian Guard: 275 points

- 5 Custodian Guard w/ Vexilla & Sentinel Warblade: 285 points

- 5 Custodian Guard: 275 points

HEAVY SUPPORT

- Contemptor-Galatus: 250 points

TOTAL

- 2,860 points

leaving me 140 points to play around with, adding wargear, or +1 Terminator.

Is everything walking, or are there a load of teleport transponders scattered about that you haven't listed for brevity?

Only thing I'd add is some power axes to avoid getting tarpitted by AP2 units.

And maybe a basic unit of bolter Sisters for objective holding.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class among the Knight Cadets, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Ael-dari, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in night warfare and I’m the top baron in the entire exalted court. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with glorious honor the likes of which has never been seen before in this Imperium, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Servitornet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of freeblades across the Segmentum and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my Reaper Chainsword. Not only am I extensively trained in giant robot combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Imperial Knights Codex and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Everything is walking, though the 'spare points' I have set aside are specifically for things like Transponders, or other gear that would be useful depending on the circumstances of the game and what I'm facing.

I'm thinking of putting some AP2 weapons in with my Hetaeron (still crossing my fingers for a weapons pack, so that I can make them largely unique with their weapons). And maybe some Adrathic or Pythrite spears in with my 5-man Custodes squads.

As for the Sisters, I'd always planned to include a squad of 10, or two of 5, until I was reminded that you need a Sisters HQ if you want to take Sisters units. And at that point I'd already fit them nicely into my army's background that I wasn't going to drop them entirely.

Since the only shit I have put together right now is 10 Custodian Guard, with the Sentinel Guard up next on the assembly line (between them and the Vexilla, I'll have 15 spears to choose from, for 8 Custodians), I have plenty of time to figure out exactly what I'm going to put on the Elites and HQ's.

>gunaxe

I want one.

>Tracing his IP not his astropath
>Knight Cadets not Squires
>No mention of Jokaero warfare

2/10 apply yourself

Of course you do.

>Plastic/Affordable Solar Auxilia never

;__;

Surely there must be some fantasy kit or another that could work reasonably well with tempestus scions, right?!

Eisenkern stormtroopers work well if you give them volkite upgrades, but they're non-gw and therefore Haram if the only place to play is at a store

I need a power axe or two for my Custodes... where to look? Which are you guys's favorite 3rd party vendors?

Is the Sicaran viable as an army's only anti-air?

Just buy the Sanguinary Guard kit or the weapon bits from it.
Two gorgeous axes, three nice swords and a perfect fist.

Depends on the point level, but in general I'd not rely on that. It's not its main job and you're wasting a lot of potential by having it perform a job it's not good at.

If you need AA, you should definitely find some proper AA. A Sicaran does AA like a Predator Destructor does AT: just because it can doesn't mean it should.

what do you think the lear looked like and where they their own species or slaanesh daemons?

IIRC, there are some implications that the Sslyth are, or are at least related to, the Lear.

The Laer were an alien race, not a type of daemon. They had been encountered by the Imperium on numerous occasions before, and were at one point considered as possible vassals. Unfortunately, their culture was big on worshipping the Dark Prince. I've always pictured them vaguely like the DEldar mercenary race, the Sslyth, but with bug heads, body mods galore, and no two looking exactly alike..

hmm a subspecies perhaps good thinking user
yeah the EC actually derived a lot from them even fulgrim looks alot like them in demon form

I 'm having serious difficulty deciding between starting a Mechanicum or Auxillia army, I just love both their aesthetics so much. Any advice on their relative strengths and weaknesses to each other? What would be a good few units/models to start collecting for them?

They certainly had an effect. Because they had been carrying out a massive ritual orgy to Slaanesh at the time Fulgrim finally took the capital, him and all of his Marines were subtly influenced by Slaanesh and corrupted. Because of the Laer's constant drive for perfection, Fulgrim and those affected within the EC sought to imitate the Laer, reasoning that it was perfectly normal to imitate them.

Which part of the Mechanicum appeals to you? They're really very different from each other, and while they used to all use the Triaros transport, you now have the option of the Macroarid Explorator or, in some cases, the Arvus Lighter.

Meanwhile, Solar Auxilia are pretty uniform. You'd better like Dracosans.

I think it's more fun to play against and look at Solar Auxilia than Secutarii, but if you're into Cybernetica then it's a tough call. They're so very different. Do both!

>Which part of the Mechanicum appeals to you?
I'm a sucker for giant robots. I love the look of the thallax, the thanatar, and I'd like to have some kinda knight to center-piece them. Inversely, the look of the Auxillia command squad seems too appealing not to get and paint up regardless, and there's something about 40 die-hard badasses with poweraxes that makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

Is there any playstyle for either that seems fun (is there a playstyle the community thinks is WAACy)? I've got like 1.5 people I could play with so I'm lookin mostly for a fluffy/interesting army.

>Do both!
were it so easy...

>good playstyles
Boopchanicum is really tricky, because it sits right on the balance of being very fun to play with/against or being a total bullshit shitstorm no one ever likes. But that's true for Mechanicum as a whole, Secutarii, Reductor, really anything is only as cool or douchey as you make it.

Honestly, it's the same deal with SA.
>Storm Squad and general bodyspam=fuckin awesome
whereas
>5 flare shield demolisher dracosans and a bunch of inferni=bad
So choose wisely.

How would you do a Blood Angels/SoH joint force?

I want to represent Horus and Sanguinius being bros before that unsightly "chaos" incident.

Maybe even with some talons of the emperor mixed in for his two favorite sons.

orphans of betrayal SoH in Luna Wolves colours with BA allies assigned as loyalist 'minders'

flare shield demolisher dracosans and a bunch of inferni=bad
Awww. It's too expenssive anyway.

Cybernetica armies are "extreme" in the same way as an all-jetbike or all-tank army; a good chunk of a normal army will be pretty useless against them, especially if you're taking 3+ thanatars and a couple of knights. In other words, try to take some human-like units (Thralls) alongside midsized robots (e.g. Castellax) and a limited number of the really big things.

People get salty if you take multiple Vulturaxes or Krios Venators too. With Solar Auxilia, it's the Malcador Infernus that has that effect. Even more so, actually, because some people will take issue with taking even a single one (I think one's fine, personally, but stop there).

>people get mad at multiple krios venators
That's a joke, right? Aside from effectively front AV14, the gun is 4 godamn lascannons tied together. Like seriously nogger everyone else can take twin-linked S9 AP1 cannons for cheaper

I may have confused it with the normal Krios. One of the two.

But what else can take squadrons of four-shot ORDNANCE lascannons with av14 fronts that are scoring? They're certainly no malcador infernus, but for a general-purpose tank they're pretty good, and miles better than a predator

>Blood Angels
>Luna Wolves
Truly the Emperor's finest

Please do this and make sure you bring those olive skinned girls with white hair as well

I'm gonna have to do this now to user, damn/thank you for making my list of shit to do even bigger

because it was part of the uniform of some imperial army regiments.

why are you a loyalist? and why aren't you one of fulgrims sons?

>the gun is 4 godamn lascannons tied together
I wish Predators could get 4 lascannons tied together. Oh well, I suppose Laser Destroyer Vindicators is where it's at? Similar stats, less armour but can get Machine Spirit and the newest stats for the Laser destroyer array (Crusade Imperialis 2016) says it's 48" range.
Mechanicumfags BTFO'd

Because we are supposed to be the EMPEROR'S Children, you traitorous scum.

Because I'm not perfect.

Saul you are the traitor to lord fulgrim! we will become perfect and you will be left with your imperfect Emporer loyalist!

I'm well aware that my preferred colors are already on the Emperor's Children to an extent, but would I be able to get away with another Legion wearing Purple with light blue highlights?

>Special RoW for Luna Wolves and Blood Angels
>Can take a second age of darkness detachment as an ally
>Ally must either be Blood Angels if primary is Luna Wolves or vice versa
>Must take Sanguinius and Horus is both respective LoW slots

n00b here. Can an Outrider squad with 6 models, including a sergeant, take two power weapons or three? It's clearly two if you don't have a sergeant but I'm not sure what happens when you do take him.

You would like to check your orthography first, my erstwhile brother :^)
Such is the folly of traitors.

Because i am more perfect than faggot third legion.