Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Swordtrained Edition: What's your favorite weapon from a thematic standpoint? What mechanical quirks does it have that makes it worthless for your character to wield?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread:

I like punching daggers but TWF blows.

>What's your favorite weapon from a thematic standpoint?
I like spears.

This. Spears are thematic and fun

>What's your favorite weapon from a thematic standpoint?
Greatswords or greataxes. Big weapons are the best weapons.

N O D A C H I
O
D
A
C
H
I

I like totem spears, rapiers, and some of the exotic eastern weapons I can equip my monks and samurai with.

The totem spear has such a weird place as a spear weapon that its super cool.

>he pokes at things with sharpened bits of metal like a fucking savage

Honestly I really enjoy axes, there's something very visceral about swinging a heavy blade down on someone.

Spears > Dueling Swords > Bastard Swords

Tuvarkz pls...

SASAKI

Velma Dinkley?

This. The only true combat is ripping people and their minds asunder through powerful magicks

This. Its the only true barbarian weapon though.

T E T S U B O
E
T
S
U
B
O

This, I love the nodachi, it's a very cool weapon, but everybody assumes I'm using it just to abuse its stats.

Tetsubo is the real answer.

Secondary. Tetsubo for best BIGG THICC samurai weapon.

Works especially well with bigg thicc samurai

Didn't somebody do that math and find that it's actually not that much better than a greatsword at low levels and it's worse than a falcata at high levels?

Are you sure they're not just assuming you're using it because you're an autistic weeaboo?

Where do you think you are, man.

And honestly on the grand scale of weebery, katanas/eastern blades are fucking small time.

what is the maxweeb weapon

fighting fans right

>katanas/eastern blades are fucking small time
They really aren't.

I mean they are compared to being a Kitsune, bakenekowhatever the fuck, catgirls, etc.

How do you guys like your spears?

>Swift and agile, like Oberyn Martell or a wuxia film
>Strong and forceful, like the Nameless King
>Hybrid of the two, like Dragonslayer Ornstein

Katanas are cool, I don't care what stupid politics people attach to them.

>Are you sure they're not just assuming you're using it because you're an autistic weeaboo?
Not really, I usually try to refluff it along the lines of the falx.

Has anyone made fun of Kyras for using a Nodachi in fucking Not!Poland

That's pretty high tier but it doesn't have to be weeb necessarily.

A bakeneko is a catgirl, as in, literally a cat-or-girl.

Yes, they are. Literally anyone who's watched Samurai Jack or even the Last Samurai knows what they are.

Swift but strong like the dragon crescent blades from ancient china. I usually run them as refluffed naginata

muh 2fast4u

Swift and agile is the style that comes to mind for me. I loves me some wuxia films too.

Which melee class is the least reliant on feats to function well?

Realistic.

None of that oversized 300lbs crap.

Barbarian.

It just works.

I actually like my spears big and thicc like old prehistoric caveman hunting mamoths, or tribal warrior decorating it with fetishes and feathers

Wielded by peasants.

>samurai jack
>the last samurai
Most normal people don't watch kid shows.

With a shield

My absolute favorite is when the character's sanic fast with his spear, but still lifts and throws people with obvious strength.

>Realistic.
Have you considered 5e?

So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

Maybe they watched them when they were young because they're not 12? Maybe TLS is still considered a film classic although it's overrated?

Barbarian. You need only two feats to be the highest damage dealing class in the game outside of initiators. Then you can be even better than best with rage and superstition leading into spellsunder. (invulnerable rager works well too)

A lot of adults were kids and teens 11 years ago when they ran

>the Nameless King
This.

As in watched Samurai Jack as a child, you don't magically forget what a katana is because your balls drop and The Last Samura is an R rated film from 2003.

Fine, they played TW: Shogun or TW: Shogun 2 or some other game set in Japan, or maybe they played SF or something and saw a katana-user in it, etc.

They still need Power Attack/Furious Focus and that whole line of feats, right? Can they just take whatever after that?

Would it ever be worth it to take a few levels in Fighter just for the extra feats?

There are fluff feats I want but I don't want to have to neuter myself in order to take them.

He and Andrik had a nice conversation about it, actually. It was a cute bonding moment. I really liked where they both went with it. Branwen rolled her eyes at their juvenile talk of swords' size, shape, and other useful qualities, iirc.

You ONLY need power attack, and raging vitality. Power attack is your main thing, and raging vitality stops you from dying when you exit rage or are knocked unconscious and lose all your rage HP. (the extra con while raging does not hurt)

You can honestly get raging vitality a like 5th level because by then the HP is actually substantial. Beofre then, any feats you want.

But honestly I would multiclass with fighter in 3.5, now that there are cool rage powers, I would not multiclass as barb.

I had a lovely evening with my parents, and a solid game of RotJR setting up our end-game!

I want to know how YOUR weekend was, Fennec user! When's the big day for that engagement?

I visited my little sister and family for her graduation, and had some good brainstorming and PM work on the side. It was a nice weekend.

An abyssal mongrel using an awkward, misbegotten weapon? Sounds appropriate.

t. Kyras

>Beofre

How do I make Beowulf as a Barbarian, is that already Sveinn Blood-Eagle?

Also you can skip furious focus as a barbarian. Your attack bonus is so high you will hit every time you roll higher than a 5 even with power attack

A thread born in direct competition with a hitlerthread having just reached 50 posts while remaining mostly on the posted discussion topic with only a few mentions of celebrity games/characters? Is this the chosen /pfg/? Is this a glimpse of what we could have been?

Nodachi are the sword of munchkins who can't actually optimize yes.

You can make Beowulf as a barbarian by taking the invulnerable rager archetype and the searaider archetype to style him as a viking. They hardly ever wore more than medium armor anyways so you are good after that

Abyss Knight! Abyss Knight! What are your hopes for this week's session?

But is it munchkin if the tactic isn't even effective and they're doing it out of preference.

This is helpful, thanks.

I need like three available feats to do what I want to do so I'm trying to get a good idea of what I should take and when.

It's frustrating that Power Attack is so necessary, because it's starting to feel like every melee character I make plays almost exactly the same.

Sounds like a mod decision.

As long as they aren't banning discussion altogether, they do reserve the right to delete threads.

Was the other one an anime furry image?

If it's a personal taste then they aren't munchkins but they have shit tastes. It's rare to see a character take a nodachi for reasons other than a desire for big dick numbers coupled with a poor understanding of math though.

Don't worry about it too much. Be a human, take power attack at level 1, and still enough room for the level 1 feat you really want. (plus take superstitious as your human bonus so you can make the most out of your rage powers and eventually spellsunder)

u what

The First Weapon is the best weapon.

Also avoid unchained barbarian. Its generally considered a nerf to the barbarian class

I too, want to play a robotic monk in starfinder. The ascetic kind.

Not the one choosing systems.

I wouldn't play either, I'd get a rules-light.

Dammit user we just changed the thread quit shitting in it

About to play a merfolk cavalier of the Order of the Sword. What's a good, thematic mount? I was considering asking my GM if I could work with a chariot because no legs.

I wonder if you'll be able to add two extra arms to your frame for additional pinchings

Then don't play? No game is better than one you actively loathe. Why are you even here.

Gonna be running the Mummy's Mask AP with a group of people relatively new to tabletop rpgs. Any advice?

Or piston fists for high speed rockem sockem.

Falcata would still need the ewp or the 2k for the ioun stone (if your GM even allows it). Nodachi is just a martial.

Enjoyable, thank you. Got to hang out with friends, and had a very nice 1-on-1 session (opted to try out Beastkin after all-pretty nice). Also got to spend time with one of my uncles, who was in town, and we fixed some of my grandmother's fence together.

As for my newly-engaged friends, they haven't set an exact date just yet, but I think they're angling for March.

Mummy's mast is fun, especially if you enforce the constant deathtraps inside temples. You really need to push the 'ancient discovery' feel, and if characters play treasure hunters, or guides, or even desert dervishes, make the themes fit for them. Its pretty easy, and fun if you run it fine.

You can add extra arms to your frame, but you can only use them for high fives.

Seahorse. Or hippocampus, I guess?

I want to get beaten, bloodied and bullied by the Abyss Knight, and then later that day have Kyras profusely apologize for going rough on me!

Terrible. And no.

I fucking hate my life and it seems like each new week I somehow find new ways to disappoint myself and those around me.

>PM Work

Was it lewd?

It was!

Question about fear stacking.

If effect A makes a creature shaken for 5 rounds and then effect B makes a creature shaken (again) for 1 round, what's the result?
Are they frightened (shaken + shaken) for 5 rounds, or are they just frightened for 1 round then shaken for the remaining 4?

FUCKING STOP IT
go outside or join a club or something

>The Universe polluted our dimension like a poison knife drawn across pristine flesh

I fucking love that line.

I want to beat, bloody, and bully the Abyss Knight and then laugh at him later that evening.

All you have to do is PM HIM

He's more than degenerate enough

Tell me about the Riftborn

Where are their instruction manualsm

There are three races I want to import from Endless Space into Starfinder; the Riftborn, the Vodyani, and that race of sapient coral formed from a naturally-occurring planet supercomputer.

just more shaken. The only way you can get frighten is if an effect explicitely states so

CRB page 563, retard. Fear stacks.

Hippocampus is up there if I can get some legs for it.

Luckily for you there is more than enough room. What with FTL actually causing rifts in reality and tearing away pieces of heaven and hell, and the mass water moons surrounding the gas giants (or the giant planet super computers that already exist) and religious robots are always a good idea.

Tell me about mounts, which are your favorite? Doesn't have to be mechanically your favorite, just one you think is awesome to see with the mind's eye!

...........Because I'm gonna play PF with the guy and because nowhere has anobody said or suggested I actively loathed a system to a point I wouldn't try to do something with it which I am obviously doing therefore proving I have thought it through and decided to give it a go?

Christ.

I didn't even realize that was from Endless Space. I do like the visuals of it because that's the sort of sci-fi that I like the most.

But I don't have the power or the right

kelpie/selkie as a mount

EASILY the Giant Slug, and the Giant Snail.

Maybe for a fey-type cavalier or an underground cavalier, but can you believe the utility of a snail? If its attacked it can retreat into its shell, it can hang upside down from walls, and carry a TON of stuff, and actually moves pretty fast.

Rhoka are just really really cool to me for some reason.

There's just no justification for spending a feat on it; statswise it's a scimitar with 1 point average damage higher. Except that scimitars actually have special feats and class features specific to them because Paizo are awful at supporting more than one narrow concept in one go.

And any kind of build you'd want to use a weapon of its type for is feat-starved.