Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Death by thousand flashlights edition

Former homosexual fire warriors and space marines
>The joy of painting your dudes with Duncan.
youtube.com/watch?v=VEjaR_-lCxw

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12924575
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the Greater Good

Or that, yes. Any of those would be better, honestly. Good god, Shroudpsalm is going to need some pretty significant nerfs if not to force Snapfire on everything or give us 1+ armour.

Filthy dumb commie scum

>Roses are red
>Violets are blue
>Pulse weapons no longer wound on a 2

inb4 Lasguns have a +1 armor save modifier

New Ork models!

>enemy brings T9 or lower
>wounds on 5+ at worst
It's really poetic. Tau punching the former big things off the table/galaxy.

With the news about Heavy weapons, should I use the two heavy bolters I have lying around to assemble 2 tac squads with them, or a dev squad with 2?

Ever had a weapon so shitty it made your enemies tougher?

filename made me chuckle

I've been trying to make a Warboss in mega-armor.

Still superior

I kind of want to get into the game in the summer with the new edition, but I really don't like the modelling and painting, anything I make would look like crap.

So improve, practice makes the master. Just pick a main color for your army, buy a tamiya/army painter can of that color, spray it, paint some details in another color and wash it all.

Easy, simple and will look decent enough for your first models.

So practice.

That is more likely , yes
But the point is , nurgle worshipers who act just as much as healers and hope bringers, as pleaguespreaders and sources of despair.

Everyones first models look like ass. Then you'll get better and better with each model and after a year or two you'll start to put out some pretty sick models on the table. This is a patient mans hobby anyway.

Post your faces when Git findas now ignore all BS Modifiers

Go for something like Tyranids or Gray Knights, both can be spray primed their basic colors and finished with a single other color/wash. They wont be the best but you can easily get away with it

You know - having no painting skills is no problem. The problem is you said "you really don't like it". Why even bother with something you don't like?

This was meant for

Tac squad isnt a bad idea as they'd share target priority and range

Or be like me after 2 decades they still look like ass.

What army do you like?

>Go for something like Tyranids or Gray Knights, both can be spray primed their basic colors and finished with a single other color/wash
Huh, it would be so much waste to not paint Nids properly tho. Better to go with Crons IMO - they are newbie friendly to paint and idiotproof to run

Just get em to look good enough at 3'

I love the lore, I spent my teenage years reading codexes my friend(who collected some models too and maybe he played too, I don't remember) bought. I like watching battle report videos online, I do enjoy dice-rolling stuff, and I feel like I should get into a hobby just to meet people.

How much is it to start from scratch? I was thinking I might pick up a battlesuit and a couple of Fire Warrior squads, but the cost of paints/tools/materials when I am starting from absolutely seems like a lot, with no guarantee I will enjoy it. I assume GW doesn't just let you to sit in the store and use their stuff to assemble/paint?

>not wanting just a plain and neutral looking ant swarm.

Pathfinders might be worth using as sniper units again. With the split fire thing you can markerlight one unit while the rail/ion rifles zap something else.

Huh? Can't you just have two marines with HB and put them whereever you want? They may be better on the tacs, cause of their shorter range

My manager was giving out a single snapfit marine plus small pot of paint to newbies a while ago, not sure if GW still does that but ask around.

But then the squad markings on their shoulder pads wouldn't match.

I think I will stick with tacs though. Feels more beneficial there rather than trying to half kit out a dev squad

> I assume GW doesn't just let you to sit in the store and use their stuff to assemble/paint?
I heard they allow this. My LGS is running a newbie evening once per week so you can pay few bucks and paint their shit.
>the cost of paints/tools/materials when I am starting from absolutely seems like a lot
I will say the same thing I'm saying to all newbies. The game is as expensive as you want it to be. The secret is to play with people as poor as you. Other players at my LGS are running huge-ass armies but I prefer to play with small armies (1000pts or kill team). You can start with buying a Start Collecting and few basic paints. Then you can go with Armoured Assault box. Meanwhile buy one or two more paints. In 2-3 months you will have a 1k pts army and nothing more to buy is needed. Where are you from?

BROTHERS!!!!!!!!

For my Inquisitor Henchmen warbands, should I make a mob of
>Beastmen
>Lizardmen
or
>Skaven?

Speaking of first models...

Start from scratch? well the new army formats in 8th only list the need for a single HQ Unit and a single Troops Unit so basically any "Start Collecting!" box would work, if you like Tau they have one of the best SC! boxes because every Tau army needs both the suits and the firewarriors it comes with. which country are you in?

Matter of taste, user. With 8e I'm thinking about brewing up an ice-themed pocket Tyranid horde

Oh yeah you loyalist got this codex thingy and some even use it. Strange stuff.

BREAKING NEWS
BREAKING NEWS

500 lasgun shots will bring down a baneblade

Fuckin noice mate

Looks like that leaker blog was correct about split fire

Uh-oh - it's not mine but that's something I want to make tho. This or ice-theme painted ____Tau___

Is cpt tycho still in the game or did gw remove him?
If he is still in the game how is he?

He was my favourite model when I was a kid

>500 lasgun shots will bring down a baneblade

Up that brah.
Takes 324 Lasgun HITS* to kill a Orknaught.

>So 648 Guardsmen or 486 Veterans

>Gray tide becomes slightly less gray tide
I can dig it, maybe have a drone sled for an Ethereal

I'm from Ireland. There's a GW about 30 minutes away from me, and probably a few other hobby shops in the city. I've been lurking a few local forums too. I suppose the problem is I have literally no one I could go with, I don't have any friends right now, so I would have to go and try to get get info and talk and meet people to play with completely cold, and that's scaring me.

DESU the money isn't a huge problem, I have money, it's really the anxiety(what if I spend a bunch of money and then realise I hate it, or I(once again) fail to make any real connections or friends and stop forcing myself to go out to the shop) that's killing me.

Related to
I think I might just buy a few models and stuff online and see how I get on in private, might help me get started.

Died on Armageddon

>drone sled for an Ethereal
I see the Greater Good is attempt to usurp Logan Claws

A model a day, keeps the grey tide away.

Does anybody have any good names for a Slaanesh CSM warband?

Whores of slaanesh
Penial legion

The Riddle of Excess?

Uh, so you are retarded. That's fine, we all are. I'm not gonna be you internet therapist but listen - just grab your shit and find your LGSs fanpages on facebook. See if they are running some kind of newbie-friendly event - I bet they are doint it. Then go and ask a stuff member to show you these funny plastic soldiers you want to spend your money on - they will be happy to milk your golden coins. If you will like it then ask on local game-group if someone have time to play few demo-matches with you. That's all mate. If you find out that it is something for you then buy Start Collecing for your favourite faction and have fun. You can also pick an Armoured Assault box but not every faction has one tho

orginization synonym of slaneeshi sounding noun

As interesting as the concept has the potential to be. It seems really mary sueish.

Plus isha doesn't have daemons.

I'm looking for a different army to start up with the coming of 8th edition. I already play Orks and Chaos Daemons/CSM, and I would like to play a more elite army compared to the above, because I want to build/paint less models to make up my army.
Does Veeky Forums have any suggestions for low model count armies?

The Dong Squad

Big Wang's Warband

no because slaanesh was squatted by the horned rat in AoS and will be squatted in 40k by ynnead. daily reminder that no, slaanesh is not "still in AoS", the trapping of slaanesh is clearly GW's way of sliding fantasy/40k's tits and hair metal past under the rug for more mainstream shekels and there will be no more new slaanesh models, there haven't been in literally years.

not even shitposting, this fact makes me rage but there's no point in denying it

The Excessive Exotic Exclusive Exemplars of Excoriation.

Are Numarines the same size as the newer 1ksons? My rubric Marines definitely seem bigger than reg space Marines, like THICCer and a little taller

The New Flesh

Do what I did when my previous friendships/regualar opponents fell appart. buy a few models and paints at the store and find out if and when their painting evening is. Got there every week and assemble and paint your minis while growing familiar with the locals. Find the WAACfag and play against him once your army is big enough. This should lead the way to play everybody else since he will recommend you.

I tried to go to the only store I know of years ago and the anxiety stopped me from actually talking to anyone
that and I suck at verbal english
I'm wondering if I should give it a try again with 8th

Necrons
Glue them together however (they are "lurching")
Spray paint silver
dunk in black ink wash
optional: dry brush silver again
done

There is no horned rat to replace Slaanesh in 40k, GW know they will be able to sell a Fulgrim Daemon primarch model and make loss of money anyway.

Slaanesh never really hadanything in fantasy to begin with, except for a chaos lord riding a titty snake and Sigvald

You got BTFO on that last thread already, are you so thristy for another beating ?

Make some new shitpost, because this is stale.

Again, they're nurgle worshippers who revere isha .The nurglite side would cover the daemonic forces of that particular warband.

The major issue with this warband is tyhat it runs heavily under the tg ideal that nurgle and isha are happy together. But then i have my theories on how they could be happy

Is he a Jaffa?

strawpoll.me/12924575

What army should I run?

Leaning towards EC, just not sure because of the current Noise Marines being shitty finecast upgrade sets.

Are enforcer going to deal D3 mortal wounds if their squads fail morale? They are evil commisars after all

>First Rank fire , second rank fire, close range.
>Bring it down order (twin linked) (75 percent hit chance)

150 guardsman shoots 450 lasbolts, 337 hits.

150 guardsman costs 750 points.

Not bad at all .

Never seen Videodrome?

Handmaidens of Slaanesh
Choir of Sin
Terminators of Bliss
Transgressors
Defilers of Slaanesh
Love-mongers

You are assuming those orders still exist in the upcoming edition though. And that rapid fire still works the same as it does now.

You cant give 2 orders to one unit since they have to be followed imidiatly after being ordered. You could cast prescience though

Does anyone know a good place to get hold of bulk cc weapon and auto/laspistol arms?

I'm trying to build cheap cultists but want them to be less obviously chaosy.

It's cute you think FRFSRF will still be a thing

Choir of Sin

I like it!

Buy a fuckload of GSC arms?

Someone posted a size comparison that I wish I had saved. The "nuMarines" appear to be the same height as Rubrics and the newer Deathwatch models.

Transgressors... HA!

I'd say EC, but kitbash your own noise weapons

Anyone?

Trans-gressors. Oh Veeky Forums

Or he could wait for the big EC release that will come someday

For what else would Veeky Forums stand?

not going to be practical, I had a look. Needing to outfit 40 odd models.
the GSC box does look really good for shotguns though so thanks for that I might pick up a box anyway for an SW:A team

I'm from leafland so it might be different for you but my local GW has beginner friendly Wednesdays and Sundays but you can ask your stores manager for an event calendar to be sure. Oh and it'll run you just over 100 euros for everything you need to get started (Tau start collecting 65, Hobby essentials kit 26, spray primer 14) and thats for absolutely everything you'd need to play entry-level games. I'd recommend starting soon if you were interested as you should be done building and painting your dudes for the 8th edition campaigns

I'll probably end up doing this.

Violet ogryns obviously. They should be extra sneaky. And some ratlings with powerfists and stormshields, that S4 Ap-3 will scare eveybody

>First Rank fire , second rank fire, close range.
Assuming FRFSRF a) exists and b) still does the same. Same goes for Rapid Fire

>Bring it down order (twin linked) (75 percent hit chance)

Can't perform two orders. Might change. And BID currently gives you Monster / Tank Hunter

>150 guardsman shoots 450 lasbolts, 337 hits.

150 is 15 squads of 10. Sergeants cannot have a Lasgun. (Currently) so only 420 shots. Which even if you're hitting on 4+ rerollable that's only 315. Aka not enough.

>150 guardsman costs 750 points.
In 7e. But in 7e a Naught costs less than 250.

>Using 3× the amount of points to kill something.

Well the modelling you're fucked, but you really don't need to paint.

Pray the Eldar Wraith Host is still a thing in 8th, if not go grey knights or thousand sons

Bits challenge, Veeky Forums.

I'm going to take a stab at stealing this idea. I can see the helmet is a Shadow Warrior head, the arms are tactical marine arms (but I reckon I'll use scout ones instead) - what's the torso?

I'll use different legs too - what would look best?