Chess Thread

It is white's move.
Solve for checkmate

Also chess thread.

I flip the board and wak away.

Also, the move is c3 for checkmate. I still flip the board, though.

white: king to c3
black: (probably) pawn to e8
white: rook to h1

I roll to seduce.

Yep. Kc3, e8. Rh1+, Qe1. Re1++, flip table.

The player or the pieces?

yes

>moving the black pawn backwards and promoting it to the Queen
bruh

black:pawn to a3
then wat?

Black pawns are moving down, and the white pawn moves up ya dumb fucks!

Fuk ya bra!

White uses rook to kill pawn at a2.
Black immediately takes rook.
Players are not on even ground, but white king is closer to the pawns.
White moves up to take black pawn. If black pawn moves forward, white pawn takes it.
After black pawn is out of the way, white pawn moves up to become queen.
Black concedes because he will eventually be forced into a corner by king and queen.

And I don't even play chess, y'all. Come on.

Rook H2 takes Pawn A2, King to D4, King to E5, King to E6, King takes Pawn E7. Pawn D5 advances, Queen at D8.

Beyond that, I've no idea, depends on where they've moved their King.

You're meant to be solving it as black you fucking spastics. A ten year old could win as white.

> You're meant to be solving it as black
Then why is it white's move?

How the fuck was that clear? It says solve for checkmate, and I did.

Rh1+
>Kb2
>Rd1
Then continue to zugzwang.
Either the Black King moves far enough from his pawn that the Rook can take it, he promotes and the Rook takes the Queen, or he moves his unmoved pawn, which is immediately taken.

Oh really?
>ra2, kxa2
>ke4, kb3
>ke5, kb4
>ke6, kd5
What now?

>You're meant to be solving it as black you fucking spastics.

>It is white's move.
>Solve for checkmate

Rxh2 is a draw I think, the black king is too close from the white king to allow it to capture on e7 without losing its own pawn,

Kc4 wins i think, if black promotes, Rh1+ exchanges with the queen unless the white king is on c3 or d4, if black doesn't promote he can't defend both pawns and Rxh2 wins for white

Because the whole point of chess problems is to predict your opponent's strategies, and white only has one first move unless they want to throw the game.

>Here, solve this chess problem, it's a challenge!
>Picks the side that's set up to win easily

You'll never amount to anything in life.

Op here, it's a checkmate for white.

Do you all need a hint?

You're that guy that demands that a riddle be solved in a singular and utterly baffling fashion, aren't you?
Also

> Because the whole point of chess problems is to predict your opponent's strategies
If white has only one first move, why not just have the state of the board as if the white already made said move, and then say "black's move"?

>kd5
what kind of magic fucking move is that

No, solved it already.

You're not OP, I'm OP.

Hint:
>Rh1+, kb2
>Ra1, kxa1
You should be able to solve it from here if you are not completely retarded.

If you were actually reading the thread you would have realized my solution didn't work, and isn't set up to win so easily, you dunce.

>merely pretending

Why the fuck would black play Kxa1 instead of Kh3? At least black could force a stalemate from that position.

>kh3
>King
>H3
How high are you right now?

a3, sorry.

If black moves his king away from the a2 pawn, white wins regardless. If black doesn't move the king, then white is free to capture the e6 pawn with the king.

is correct. has established why that would be a bad move. After Ra1, kxa1, white moves the king to c2. Can you guess what happens next?

Right, if white moves the king to take the e6 pawn, doesn't that free black's king to take the rook and promote the pawn on a2?
I know what happens if black moves kxa1, it eventually leads to a forced move where the e7 pawn is captured which is why I suggested the alternate course.

Black must move pawn. White doesn't take but skips merrily past and gets a queen or rook.

1. Kc3? E1Q+

The correct solution is ofc
1. Lxa2 Kxa2
and then go take the black pawn, promote your
pawn to Queen and mate as you want.

Nice bait OP

>Right, if white moves the king to take the e6 pawn, doesn't that free black's king to take the rook and promote the pawn on a2?
The rook can just save itself by by along the a-rank while preventing the pawn promotion.

>Lxa2, Kxa2
>Lxa2
>L

That draws.

Rxa2, Kxa2
Ke4, Kb3,
Kd5, Kc4

and now you can't take the black pawn on e7 which is blocking your own queening without the black king taking your pawn on d5 and drawing.
You should instead start the king march first, with

Ke4.

Black can't move his king off the first rank, and as long as you stay off the a1-h8 diagonal, can't queen with check. As soon as he queens, play Rh1+ and trade the rook for the queen. This buys a pair of tempii, which will let you get to his pawn first.

only needed one move.

>black pawns are moving down

So how the fuck did the black kang get to the other end of the board

melanoid powers?

1. Kc3 a1Q+
2. Kb3
White wins from that position because the d5 pawn stops the black queen from covering Rh1#.

>Solve for checkmate
Terrible wording, there is no simple forced mate. Should instead say:
"White to play and win."

Oh come on, are you seriously saying you can't solve for mate in 17?

heh

I just realized I set up the puzzle wrong. In one of my attempts as playing black, this same scenario happened, but I moved my black queen to a8, blocking the checkmating square. Thank you.

Here is the REAL puzzle!

1. Kc3, a1Q+
2. Kb3, *sob uncontrollably*
3. Rh1 checkmate

d5 exd5
kc3 a1Q+
kb3

same conundrum as before, black pawn on d5 blocks the queen from the only move she has

another line goes like this :
d5 a1Q
Rh1+ Kb2
Rxa1 Kxa1
dxe6

white promotes and win if gambit on d5 is declined

forgot this line :
d5 exd5
kc3 d4+
kb2

a1Q and Kc3 both lose instantly, but a1N+ is interesting