Ocean Druid

Hey Veeky Forums, I want to make a Druid themed around the ocean in 5e, the only problem I'm having while making it is that I can't think of any particular animal forms.
The campaign is starting at 10th level and I've picked Circle of Dreams so I haven't got the upgraded wild shape if that helps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6E5m_XtCX3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

>I can't think of any particular animal forms.

...are you fucking serious?

Do you live in Kansas or Kazakhstan or some other place that's thousands of miles from the ocean, or something?

godzilla

I mean ruleswise.
Yes there's a billion species in the ocean but what can I do within the rules? There's no point in me saying I want to be a giant squid if it has a CR of 6.

Urchins. Always urchins. Give yourself over to the wonderful Ur'Chin.

(MM) = Monstermanual
(VGM) = Volos Guide to Monsters
1/8th CR giant crab (MM)
0 CR Quipper fish (MM)
0 CR Crab (MM)
1/2 CR Saltwater Crocodile (MM)
1/8th CR Dolphin (VGM)
1/2 CR Giant Sea Horse (MM)
1/2 CR Reef Shark (MM)
1 CR Giant Octopus (MM)

Third Party...
Tome of Beasts
1/2 CR Bone Crab

Beyond all those you can always talk to your GM.

Does it have to be animals that live in the ocean or can it be animals that live by/rely on the ocean for their livelihood?

Because Pterodactyl.

Could probably look into ideas of desert druids for some inspiration.

The back index of the 5E Monster Manual has:
swarm of rats, raven, vulture, hawk (these three could be seagulls or albatross), octopus, giant octopus, sea horse, giant sea horse, reef shark, killer whale, hunter shark, giant eagle, giant vulture, giant crab, cat. (Sailors kept cats as pets to kill and eat rats for fear of disease.)

Do you not have a 5e MM?

>starting at 10th level
>starting at 10th level
triggered

>picking Circle of Dreams and not liking the selection of wild shapes because the challenge rating is too low
>not picking Circle of the Moon to up the CR max to 3

Seriously, even flavor wise, the moon manipulates the tides.

-Plesiosaurus CR 2
-Giant Octopus (yeah it's no giant squid but seriously, this is still great) CR 1
-Killer F'ing Whale???? CR3

Not to mention, you have a template of 'how to make x creature Giant' by comparing Giant Vulture to Vulture, and Giant Octopus to Octopus.

There's also Killer Whale (CR 3) and Hulking Crab (CR 5)

By the ocean is also good.
No sorry, though I realise that I should probably just grab a PDF of it and the other sources you mentioned. Just thought I'd ask Veeky Forums first.
It was more I don't know what animals have rules or not. Like if I wanted to be an anglerfish but there's no statblock for it. Stuff like that.

Thanks for the tips everyone else.

OP, What the fuck is going on in your pic?

It's a dead whale. The gasses released as bacteria breaks the body down will eventually cause the body to rupture.

Otters are god-tier for stealthy ocean druidry since you can do amphibious stuff and have functioning hands! Also you're cute and cuddly.

This looks like a job for Aqua Man.

HOW DOES THAT FUCKING TRIGGER YOU

Once I realized that a natural process could create such effects, it was easy to fluff necromancers turning undead whales (and zombies) into giant bombs of methane and tallow.

what the fuck, a saltwater croc is CR 1/2? Jesus christ... Those things get up to 1000kg...

So, you basically want to play Aquaman that turns into stuff?

Apply Dire templates, or templates in general. You ever seen a Dire Giant Squid? How about a Dire Half-Blue Dragon Giant Squid?
It entangles you in tentacles and then blasts the area with electricity because saltwater is a pretty good conductor.

>HOW DOES THAT FUCKING TRIGGER YOU
It doesn't. That user doesn't actually play games. He's just posting on Veeky Forums because it's the closest he gets to genuine human interaction.

>into giant blimps of methane and tallow
FTFY

obligatory youtube.com/watch?v=6E5m_XtCX3c

I use floating giant bloated worms digesting carrion for that. They pretty much work as incendiary bombs.

>I want to make a Druid themed around the ocean
>I am a stupid twat so I didn't pick Circle of the Land with Coast Circle Spells