Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Back to the Drawing Board Edition: What character idea have you been playing with for a while now? What about him doesn't quite work or feel right yet? What is it about him that keeps you coming back to refine the character?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/gonzo-feats#toc56
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to play an Oracle of the Apocalypse with the Forgotten Curse, ideally in a Gestalt with the other being Warlord or Warder!

I really wish I could've gotten full Bab on him

On the bright side I have all good saves and no reliance on dexterity, so that's good

>TFW Stalker isn't a full BAB class

Thinking on how many levels of vigilante I can get before I lose most if not all the goodies of being an investigator.

It really should have been.

>back to the drawing board

Not a character, but a dungeon. I'm finally getting around to redesigning the first floor of a massive tower, a super-dungeon my players will encounter later in the campaign. The square floors span an area of 120x120 feet (or 24 squares to a side), so it's a sizable job. I needed to remake the first floor because I wasn't satisfied with the design I had (too many small rooms, which are bad for combat and less interesting than bigger, more grand chambers) and because it clashed with the new structure I've set up for the dungeon, which gives the first three pairs of floors an associated purpose (floors 1&2 for receiving/impressing guests and primary guard stations, 3&4 for religious services and the tower's own temples of worship, 5&6 for the vast library and workshop of an elven wizard and his apprentices).

I've been way overdo and working on this, so I'm forcing myself to make time for it. Otherwise, I won't have the whole structure done in time for the PCs to begin exploring it.

I don't do character ideas anymore because I forever DM.

I would play so many Brutal Slayers if it was a full BAB.

Where were you when we learned that DHB is literally cursed.

I...I love this picture, OP. Thank you!

A character I've been ruminating over has been my arrogant noble swordswoman. Right now she's simmering until the next applicable game appears though.

Why not Serpent's Skull?

Shanan has worse luck. Essa just can't pass a strength check, any strength check, to save her life. Orlan was considering just tossing her up the cliff she was trying to climb.

Happily in my apartment, running one campaign and playing in three while smiling at all the people I can talk with about all kinds of things without having the judging eyes of /pfg/ telling me that my 8 fighter/5 ranger/ 2 brawler with sub 15PB sword and board rage-mutation and punch machine is too spread out and lacks focus.

Speed Motif Henshin Hero||Self Pact Avowed using Sonic Aether Channel. Flavored as either an unarmed Street Boxer or a rapier-using Ouji/Prince (female), maybe swapping to Nation Pact.

The thing I get hung up on is the actual thematics of the Henshin. In Kamen Rider, abilities, thematic, as well as character personality and occupation are often all removed from each other. Leaving occupation to be campaign specific, and having sorted out personality and abilities, I'm left with coming up with the actual thematic of the Henshin. "Speed" isn't exactly related with a lot, so I'm strapped for ideas besides pic related.

Any help with speed themed transformations, /pfg/?

I'm still making my psionic breakdancer. I just have to draw her now.

-1 Climb result!

The Rorygame? I've thought about it. I'll probably give it a look tonight and see about adapting.

Does your dungeon have bathrooms?

I was putting together a stalker that dual-wielded keen kukris, but I had to scrap it after mentioning the concept to my friends since they immediately gave the character the nickname "Critler". Now it doesn't matter how much I pour into the character or his backstory, at the table everybody's just going to parrot Critler and think they're funny.

None of the full initiators should be full BAB.
Warder likes having the d12 hit die, but it doesn't need the hit bonuses or iteratives.

Sure, but they're not called "bathrooms", they're called "the corner where the person you don't like sleeps".

Nigger, you're crazy.

I cannot find this image anywhere, OP. Where did you get it?

Where were you when we found out Wist and QANON are gay for each other, and two /pfg/ waifus were taken off the table at once?

I've known they're super best friends for a long ass time

>Where were you when we found out Wist and QANON are gay for each other, and two /pfg/ waifus were taken off the table at once?

Who? I thought they were both sockpuppets of Bailey

Why hasn't your character found a good woman/man to settle down with, shit out a herd of kids and retire from all of the childish adventuring they are doing right now?

I'm tired of being a dexfag and want to be STRONK, but hate the gestalt/PoW Str-fag meta and don't actually like heavy armor that much.

His quest will not end until the whole world has heard his saga! He will be legend!

>saucefag

Because I never got to play a game to the end.

They've found the woman, but before they settle down they need to conquer the world first

Invulnerable Rager barbarian w/ one dip into High Guardian fightman, then abuse AoOs to heck

Because I can't support a wife, or kids. I can barely keep my gear in shape and my mount fed.
And who would really endure a creature like me, really?

I want to be their super best friend!

Have you considered Self (Body)-pact Avowed, getting STR to hit and AC, and CON to saves and your Avowed features?

But user, people endure horrible creatures all the time! I'm sure you'll be fine!

I'm still waiting for the next avowed update, as well as the full BAB channel archetype

I'm sure you'll be able to support a whole bunch of kids real soon, mister. So long as you don't spend *all* your gear on that damn nodachi.

He has. It was a nice epilogue.

Everytime my character finds a significant other they end up dead long before their time.

My DM is of the opinion that death = drama at all time when it comes to NPCs. He failed to take into account that while my PC is broken almost every time, the player behind him is weary and barely cares at this point.

He stopped after I talked to him about it after the fourth time, now my character has a spouse that he's sickeningly happy with that won't die two months into the honeymoon phase.

I mean she's still totally going to die eventually, she married a fucking adventurer. A successful one. But at least I'll get more happy times in between.

Amieko pls.

Quinn pls.

Because the world still needs saving.

user, I always retire a character if they make a ton of money and there's no clear reason to continue adventuring, but you have to understand that it's kind of hard to say, "I'm done" when the world's on fire and you're one of the few who can put out the flames.

Which of the men in Blingmaker would make the best husband? Which woman would make the best wife?

Which would have the most kids?

>Human Brawler
Because he's got a reputation to uphold in the tournament circles. "Upstart youth with a heart of gold" leaves no room for that sort of thing.

>Dhampir Inquisitor
There are more enemies of Asmodeus left to destroy. Plus, all that 'relationship' stuff sounds like fun. Fun is the enemy.

>Halfling Sorcerer
He's got five siblings, one of them'll do it. If even one of his brothers proves as virile as dear old dad was, the rest will be aunts and uncles several times over. TOO many and they'll all squabble over the inheritance.

>Half-Elf Oracle|Warlord
Maybe someday, she just hasn't really thought of it.

She did actually. But after her husband died and her children grew up, she decided to travel. Why not? Nothing else to do.

QANON is really friendly, you should PM them.

Now another question about love and marriage of your characters: How many of your GMs are actually original and not complete expanded dongs that your character has managed to get married and stay married before/during their adventuring carrier? Why has it/has not worked? What about kids?

>Simul
Eh

God I hate it. When I say SIGNIFICANT TO CHARACTER to the DM, I basically mean "don't you fucking dare making them die".

I have a character whose old chief and boss was the one he eyed and she disappeared without a trace along all the people in his tribe something like three years before gametime. I'm basically setting him up for having him run after her again once the DM drops a glimpse of her existence to me, and I'm letting him carte blanche for whatever happened / happens.

Additionally, I think killing a popular NPC is a real dick move, so when I'm DM, I avoid. I only ever do it if it's an ultra-ultra-dramatic situation, like "dude, I gotta do this, I'm going to die for it but please, it's my time". End-game grade happenings. If the PC is romantically involved or much of his personal quest was to run after that one, I no touch.

He will soon. That will be his IC exit from the campaign torn apart by OOC misconduct and abuse. He'll get the happy ending I lost!

>best husband
Andrik
>best wife
Viviana
>most kids
Kyras

What if I already have?!

I picked it up from a character art thread or drawthread here about a month ago, sadly I have no more information on its original source.

A pointless NPC death is only fine if you're trying to set tone for either what the campaign is going to be or where it's going to go.

Killing off important NPCs should be a turning moment in the ever expanding plot, not JUST a chance for "muh character growth". If you are going to kill them off, it better be for reasons, not just a reason.

The last stand of an NPC is kind of overdone imo but it's a classic for a reason. I generally prefer taking out NPCs by unseen machinations, but I also give the PCs the slimmest of chances and vague clues to possibly catch it before it happens. When the strings come together for them and they realize exactly what happened is always a rewarding moment.

Those in need must be served and enemies of the fist remain. But he took vows as an ascetic monk and relationships are (mostly) a waste of time that could be used to become perfect and one with the universe

>Best Husband
Franze

Then I wager you're already good friends, because her constant aura of charm person has a stupid high save DC.

The trick is that she's a 5e player so she targets charisma saves, which no pathfinder player has so they default lose.

>/5eg/ in my /pfg/
GET OUT REEEEEEEEE

Have you ever tried to RP as a dandy?

Yes. There were no survivors.

Wasn't my fault or anything, we just hit a TPK.

A stupidly enormous save DC?

I have. He was an item crafter. Everything he crafted was gaudy and ostentatious.

Watch out, you're trying to use common sense in /pfg/ when it comes to PoW. You can't do that, you'll rile the autism.

I have an NPC that worked up her entire life to do something that her culture was forbidding (being a female warrior). She's eventually going to have a moment when she'll put herself in a quasi-certain death situation, for honour, just to be like her male peers. Stopping her would be a dick move.

The PC is her best friend and he has his own obsession with magic. Both are ready to die for what they want. I'd consider it fair.

However, it's still not certain she'll bite it. I consider that the tone of the campaign is set by how well generally are the players performing, with always a chance for powering through the encroaching darkness.

Anyone ever done the Captain America Brawler-Shield Champion build?

Just starting up a new side campaign with a buddy, it's a 1 on 1 for the forseeable future and I've made one of these for kicks. Any tips?

>Most kids
>Kyras

That's cheating, he's shooting litters!

He's a melee character that requires a minimum of three feats for little more than roleplaying purposes.

Can't make it work.

are you a barbarian

There's no room for power attack at 1st or even 3rd level, so no.

I've played one before-quite a lot of fun. Not exactly difficult, just smack them around if they're close, ricochet if they're not. Don't forget about your Martial Flexibility, though-could get you a useful maneuver or bonus if you've got an idea of what you're walking into.

You don't need power attack till level 5 if your strength is huge and you use a two handed weapon

My desperate need to optimize won't let me do it no matter how hard I try.

What the heck feats do you need that you can't even spare one for power attack. Aren't you a human

Play with feat tax rules and be free, my child.

That seems to go against the idea of a dandy.

Racial Heritage, Storm Soul, Storm Warrior.
I tried. My DM wasn't having it.

Take storm warrior level 5. That is also the same level barbarians get good DR with invulnerable rager so you can play it that your mastery of your giant ancestryis being attained.

Plus don't you think that barbarian fits a giant heritage person more.

So you take racial heritage at level 1, storm soul at level 1, power attack or storm warrior at level 3, then the other at level 5, and raging vitality at level 7. Then anything you want.

>My DM wasn't having it.

Slay them and consume their heart, becoming DM.

This is a good idea.

7 just seems so far away when I only get to play once a month... or less. Especially when a regular barbarian could just have power attack and raging vitality at level 1.

I'm trying! Been chatting with 'em for a while now, but my awkwardness might be slowing me down a bit.

Power attack is just -1 hit, +3 damage until BAB 4.
You'll be missing out on 6 damage then until level 5, but you can hold out for that long.

What's their Discord? I just might.

Two decent threads in a row with actual, decent discussion about pathfinder instead of just meme games? And not a single kitsune in sight? What is even happening here?

barbarians use two handed, but you are about right.

Posting discord addys is against the rules, but they're Ceri in the /pfg/ discord

So, what's the closest approximation to breakdancing fighting? MoMS to fuse Janni and Monkey style?

>And not a single kitsune in sight?
Hold on, let me fix that

you got it exactly right.

ETAN NO, YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED

Gonzo has a dancefighting Style.

Where did you get a picture of me?

REMOVE FOX

Not qualified to do what, user?

Sit in the passenger seat?

Surely he can do that.

It does? Shit, I need to find that.

He's old enough to sit in the front seat, you egg