Warhammer 40,000 General Thread /40kg/

"Mixing weapons in squads is now viable and fun" Edition

Previous Thread:
>The joy of painting your dudes with Duncan.
youtube.com/watch?v=VEjaR_-lCxw

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/08/17794gw-homepage-post-4/
youtube.com/watch?v=vljHBXA3UKE
youtube.com/watch?v=7KCzK9pWQDo
youtube.com/watch?v=5-2nByd2cr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's a question: If models are in 8th allowed to fire all of their weapons in one shooting phase, does that mean that when within 12" of the enemy can we rapid fire the bolter and then follow up with the pistol for 3 attacks per man?

>tfw too intelligent to for functional legs

3rd for GW just copies what they see here

Where did it say infantry can shoot all their ranged weapons in one shooting phase?

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/08/17794gw-homepage-post-4/
>split fire was once a thing

2d6th for retaining random charge distance

Its so cute.

I dunno, do you think they'll let you combine the effects of special weapons in melee?

In this scene the mechanicus is afraid the lamenter's geneseed may of exceeded its use by date and decide to use it in some regular blood angel initiates to see if it's still any good

What armies would Dethklok play?

Not so fast m'lady! This is a misogynist male hobby. Post your nids or gtfo.

I mean, I hope they clarify that infantry only get to shoot one weapon per phase. But this feels like the kind of easily overlooked loophole GW is known for.

They wanted a floating brain but had aesthetics get in the way

What happens to units that used to have splitfire as their thing?

Here you go user (sorry for shit quality)

Probably just get cheaper if they were paying for it.

>tfw I think of Termagants as Velociraptors with guns
>this never ceases to amuse me
Take better pics, woman!

Khorne Daemonkin, of course. Maybe Murderface would play Nurgle, and the swede would play Slaanesh, but they'd all play Khorne.

youtube.com/watch?v=vljHBXA3UKE

Damn. I guess as it currently stands you can indeed get 3 shooting attacks by rapid firing a bolter and switching to a pistol within 12".

I say KDK or Tyranids.

need a new chaos codex

mate lent me the skitarii one and the fall of cadia and I realised just how underpowered my army are in 7th ed :c

What do your parents/wife/normalfag friends/colleagues think of your 40k-related lifestyle?

Do they frown upon it? Do you keep it secret?

They might get btfo. Or they might get something else.

It does make some sense, that you can fire all your weapons at a target they have in range.

So bolters target one thing, and only one thing.
Flamers another single thing.
Etc.

So strictly speaking this might not be an end to the splitfire rule.

>gw is good at writing rules, and even better about hyping their game.

>so long as they do a better job than pp.

My mom hates it. Not because of the cost, but because of the shelf full of stuff.

My wife collects Orks. WAAAAAAAGH!

Wife is probably glad it gives me something to do.

My normie friends make fun of me occasionally for it. My fiancee calls it Warcraft because I was stupid enough to let her know that it pisses me off when she calls it that.

>worrying about 7e with 8e around the corner
My wife tolerates it. I guess it's better than womanizing or other vices. Co-workers don't know about it and I don't talk about it because they don't ask.

8e shooting phase:
youtube.com/watch?v=7KCzK9pWQDo

dad originally subsidised it years and years ago so he's probably just glad I have a proper hobby

mum is indifferent

no friends haha

Most are pretty unfazed by it. Just typically doesn't interest them and segues into more mainstream stuff. Most people have experience with boardgames so they just see it as boardgame++. Probably helps that I'm a well adjusted human being.

Not even LGS buddies?

They think it's pretty cool I do it.

My dad always threatened to melt them down when I did poor in school years ago.

>31 years old
my friends know it, so does my family. i also do start painting with my son now who is 5.
i guess it depends on the age wether is is frowned upon.

i do the hobby openly since i am 11 though and never had any issues with my social live due to it. just keep beeing confident.

>helps that I'm a well adjusted human being.
this 1000 times over. you can get away with almost any hobby, regardless of obscurity, if you are gainfully employed and adult about it.

Daily reminder that Dark Angels are traitors.

I meant that if they don't get a new one in 8e i'm going to go thermonuclear

bet it's going to be utter, utter shite that's just worse normal mehrines like last time

Post your first models vs your most current.

All factions are getting new rules, so I'm not too worried.

Dude you've gotten incredibly shitty.

>wrong image order

Thin paints suck. Take forever to do a single color with.

Kek

Im thinking of getting back into table top. I have a old Farsight Enclave army, before they had their own book.

However, I just want to have fun, and not be competitive.

So I was wondering, how is a Gretchen themed army? Like Gretchen for troops, Grot Tank for elite, Grot Mega Tanks for fast, and I guess either kill kans with a dread, or big mek guns, and lastly a big mek(as otherwise I can't take the Grot tanks).

Would people be pissy since I would be using forge world models, or would it be accepted since their Gretchen, and chances are will end up blowing themselves up?

If Cadians get replaced as the default IG regiment, who do you want to replace them?

Forge world is literally GW and their rules are literally canon so anyone who refuses to play you is just a faggot

>Who do I want
Elysians

>Who does GW want
Catachans, or Kriegers if we're lucky.

>plastic Kriegers
A good majority of /40kg/ would collectively ejaculate.

Steel Legion of course

A new regiment with a unique motif not seen yet.

Steel Legion, without a doubt the best regiment to begin with

I've never known anyone to care about FW over GW, it's the same company anyway.

It might be different if it was super over the top, broken stuff, but I think you'll be fine.

Steel Legion 100%

They're focusing more and more on Armageddon, so fingers crossed for a proper army release coming up

I love the gas mask and chemical warfare vibe, and yeah Krieg has that too, but even if their models weren't so expensive their whole "soulless husks" vibe is hard to get into.

>Catachans
Nah, I'm honestly surprised they got a plastic kit. I never see them outside of a few conversions.
>Elysians
While I would be absolutely fucking ecstatic, they're not exactly a generic IG regiment. I doubt we'll see any regiment who's doctrine of war doesn't fit exactly to the Guard Codex.

Over reading the Tau creation thread , and I'm wondering if there are Mountie Guard?

TALLARN
DESERT
RAIDERS

youtube.com/watch?v=5-2nByd2cr4

Wait til 8e next month before starting anything.

Most folks seem to hate on fw for one of two reasons.
The cost.
The power creep.

The cost is a boohoo, cry some more issue for me.
At the moment, fw charges the exact same (high) price for orders from my country as they do for orders from the uk. gw on the other hand, charge close to double (after currency conversion) on some models, and always a sizeable bump, compared to what the same model costs in the U.K.
So fw to me are good guy gary. And gw are the scumbags.

The power level of forgeworld is another issue. In most cases however the points cost in part, and the unit type cover most of the OP nature of their models. Most. Not all. Something's are broken. But this is not limited to fw.
>grav spam. Eldar. Decurion. Formations in general.

Your local gw store might have issues with you playing their game with models they didn't sell you. But fuck'em it's their company bending them over.

I would be happy to play a grot army. Looks fun.

Chem dogs, but then I just want them to convert for my renegades. Though I might play them too.

>literally the taliban

Top, BT painted without primer and old enmal testor paint
Left, years later
Right, recently after a primer accident and failing hard to strip the paint

I have gotten worst

more lawrence of arabia than ISIS tbf

EMPERAHU ACKBAR

Is there one that's more Play Dirty than Lawrence of Arabia?

I'm 25. I keep it a secret and only people at the lgs know I play, plus close friends. Idk what they think. I have so many hobbies though, that they just think it's just another one of things I like to waste my time with.

Steel Legion, but only because I like enclosed helmets and face covering so I don't have to paint faces or eyes.

Neo-Cadia.

Death Korps, honestly. I just want more of them.

Nu-Cadians

The Phanatic gets and deserves trips. Such a wonderful thing he is.

A regiment that has a general enough aesthetic to feasibly be from any planet.

So basically Cadians who aren't from Cadia.

...so what Cadians were?

Cadian gear is mass-produced like fuckin crazy because it's effective.

Is there actually a reason for FW to be separate from GW since they're the same company?

Surely they could do plastic instead of resin just have everything be GW

Posted before, but left to right, here. I've since touched up and based the one on the right, though.

Reminder to buy your numarines to replace inadequate manletmarines. You wouldn't want to be left behind would you?

MFW I'm actually a Nationals fan

More like they tell you it's effective because they're already invested in mass producing it like crazy.

SOMEBODY ARREST THIS HERETIC IMMEDIATELY

Cost effective at the very least.

Im from VA.

I kinda enjoy the Cadian Models. The fact they've been around so long gives me no shortage of options from Metal to Forge World to the Command Kit all to customize each squad.

What happens if I make an elite with two plasma guns?

Need bits. Have googled, can't find bits. Any anons have a source on heads wearing Tricorns so I can recreate pic related? Wanna get my Grognards on.

FW is GW, they're separate because the FW shit is different. And you'll never see most FW shit in plastic because they wouldn't sell enough to make it worth the cost of molds.

Your colors are just flat, at least in the bottom.

That's obviously just a simplified way of saying "everything can shoot with every weapon no matter what". They added the "much like today" for that reason, most likely.

It's gonna be clear in the actual rules anyway.

>Boris! What the hell is that!
>Deueegaah-
>I don't know Ivan, but by the Emperor kill it! KILL IT NOW!

Parents think the models are cool and are impressed that I can paint them but frown upon the price.

Normie friends either find it funny, cute or cool or are pretty indifferent about it. Even the normie female friends I have just find it cute and impressive that I'm painting such small figures.

Fuck the steel legion

I need this now

>waifu henchmen user is a Templars-bro

Nice.

Yah, that might be main issue, but I have over 50 of those waiting along with 9 Rhino size tanks, 2 Chimeras and 6 PE waiting.

Maybe one day I'll finish. Now that I know army painter has bright red primer.

Anyone has use that in the past? I'm still having nightmares with white primer

I'm also the deviant with Meatshield/Guardsmen/Neophyte/Generic Acolyte

...Cadia...Sta-a-n-....*Mutates into Chaos Spawn*

Another Imperial Settlement needs your help!

I'd make a new generic sci-fi looking regiment, but also add plastic Steel Legion. They have too much style to be the generic Guard, but they look so good.

I run daemons of Slaanesh so...
Dad thinks they look kind of cool.
Mum is impressed that I managed to paint them because they're small and the chariot is so spiky.
I don't make friends with normies
My boyfriend calls me a degenerate for not picking an army loyal to the Emprah

Have you tried googling "redcoat minis"?

>cute

I really don't get this. I mean, I'm a girl totally not a trap no siree but I don't get why literally every other girl with even a passing interest in 40k thinks tyranids are cute as kittens and Cadians are adorably chibi. I love 40k, I love cute things, I don't know how you can see the one in the other.

Gay

Because there's like 6 pages of "American War of Independence" minis over at Perry Miniatures. They're metal and it's like 7 pounds for a kit, but whatever.