EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Previous Thread Unban Moxen edition.

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: How is your day going Sheldon?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/remove-kobold/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shitty-naya-human-tribal-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-05-17-atraxa-wip/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/naya-human-tribal-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshi-comin-fo-dat-tooshie/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/help-noob-oloro-semi-casual/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck sheldon. I hope the wotc mtgo banlist becomes the new standard

Thank you user for helping a lazy, phoneposting fuck out and making a new thread.

Sol Ring should be banned, along with any cards with more than 5 CMC.

prossh deck, rate/suggestions please
no im not generate enough for food chain
boltwing marauder is on the short list
semi budget
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/remove-kobold/

Posting my deck in need of improvement again. I need help deciding what to cut, or if there's anything I'm missing that has to go in.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shitty-naya-human-tribal-edh/

Grabbinh that prime spot early on in the thread for maximum attention chances!

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-05-17-atraxa-wip/

Trying to tune this Atraxa deck into a more quirky and fun version. Alternatively increase overall consistency and direction of things.
Thought about going the Superfriends route, but too much of that is probably going to end up as a boring turtle deck.

Any suggestions for some silly cards that work with Atraxa and can abuse her effect? Already know of that Enchantment cycle exiling sometihng each turn at the cost of a Fading counter or something, though not too sure about them yet.

Gather the Townsfolk, Thatchers Revolt, Honor of the Pure.

I can see why Thatcher Revolt and Honor of the Pure are bad (the tokens go away and it only effects white creatures respectively) but is Gather the Townsfolk bad?

>Sol Ring gets banned
There will be alot of people who will get pissed and more than likely quit playing altogether, those who don't quit will just throw worn powerstone/thought vessel, bauble, and myriad landscape in every deck. If you literally can't deal with a simple mana rock your deck is fucking shit

imo GtT is only good in multiples, not so much as a singleton.

>upgrade my mizzix deck so its dumb durdley big stuff
>now its archenemy #1 in my playgroup because of my spell reanimation subtheme
Wat do /edhg/

>what is Tiny Leaders

Who poorfag mono green here?

>friend plays Xenagod
>he's a hobby Magic salesman, buys/sells for several thousand euros each month, gets all of our playgroup great deals all the time and is a nice guy
>we all want to keep playing EDH eith him
>he 'enforces' a mix of the regular and 1v1 banlist with some custom additions
>he's the only one in the group with an aggto "cheat everything out" deck
>nobody can use Sol Ring

Alright /edhg/, if you were allowed to make a deck with any Planeswalker as the commander, who would you choose and why?

dack fayden. easily dack fayden.

J A C E
so i can do my 2 island and any 2 land infinite combo

Some Jace, Mind Sculptor deck-stacking OTK mill bullshit, probably.

My man! That's what my first idea was

Sol Ring allows for T3 Xenagos though, so what you're bitching about?

Sarkhan Unbroken because T E M U R

All of the creatures that buff while attacking, like accorder paladin, riot ringleader, etc. Your creatures really need to be getting value because you will get fucked by wraths. I also feel that with creature based aggro decks, because of the prevalence of wraths and combos, there are really only two boardstates you can have: useless, or you win. You are going to be winning with your stuff that makes things really big, coat of arms, cathars crusade, beastmaster ascension, etc. You should also have eldrazi monument I think, and other ways to stop your stuff from dying. Also you should have more ramp, more card draw, and fewer lands

Bant Tamiyo so I can finally play non 60 bant

Unironically this

That he's shitting out Eldrazi with haste left and right with a deck entirely built around cheating them in while simultaniously having the cards meant to accelerate other decks and fuck with such tactics banned when our remaining decks are slow stuff like Teysa sacrifice durdle, Nekuzar groupfuck, Angel tribal and Atraxa counter gimmicks.

If you literally can't deal with the second strongest mana acceleration in the game with no downside maybe you're playing a regular game of Magic and not Vintage.

Unraveler of secrets because im a combo nog and I dont want to play teferi. I just want to slam and jam that emblem every game.

Alright, I took out Riot Ringleader, Gahiji, Honored Crop-Captain, Wild Beastmaster, Hamlet Captain, and Hero of Oxid Ridge since all they do is buff during attacks. This frees up a lot of room, but what should I put in there as card draw/ramp/etc?

Sounds less like your playgroup needs sol ring and more like it needs control.

just mull to force of will. it's that easy.

Stop trying to play eternal formats if you dont like the fact they include cards from early magic history then. go play modern/standard edh if you hate sol ring so bad.

This, and I just got one too.

>second strongest
Nobody is willing to shill money for crypt except for people who like to blow loads of money on cardboard or know slant eyes to craft them, Mana Vault is arguably more worthy of a ban than sol ring but still has a drawback, or if you're playing blue just get Annul to deal with the ring

How is this allowed?

It's funny, like "haha oops" funny.

For the same reason this is.

All of the on color signets and talismans are very good ramp and fixing. I would also recommend the 2 mana green ramp, like nature's lore and farseek. Those in particular get much better if you have any duals with basic types. As for card draw, green has some really good options for going wide, like shamanic revelation/collective unconscious, as well as just some good ones like harmonize, sylvan library, etc. Red gives you access to wheels, which are very good for you because you will likely empty your hand of cheap creatures, then draw a bunch more so you can flood the board. Good ones are wheel of fortune, magus of the wheel, reforge the soul, and maybe wheel of fate.

hey Veeky Forums is Samut anything good or should it be avoided?

Its another keyword soup commander in perhaps the weakest 3 color combination. There isn't really anything interesting to do with her besides make a generic naya beatdown deck, and then there are better commanders for that. It would be nice if her ability was interesting, but I feel its just not impactful enough to matter.

Good card,

It's just dumb keyword salad. Is it good? Yes, in that it provides value. Is it in any way a fun interactive card? I suppose, with its T ability, it could be? Anima, Rith, or Marath are much more in keeping with the ideas behind EDH as Naya commanders.

>should it be avoided?
yes

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/naya-human-tribal-edh/

How's it look now?

Better I think, and I also think you can cut lands for spells. Your average cmc is only 3, plus you have some cheap ramp, so you could probably go down to 35 or 36 lands and make more room for cards you want.

There have been three or four threads now with anons asking for advice with Toshiro Umezawa. I'm always late to the discussion so I'll post it early in this thread.

Some tips I wish someone would have told me when build Toshi:
- It's tempting to make killspell.dec. Don't do it.
- Toshi is a lousy wincon. Even Hatred/Tainted Strike cheese won't get you far most games. Run some of the standard monoblack finishers or run an equipment voltron strat. I personally found equipment voltron to be lackluster as the primary focus of the deck since Toshi lacks evasion but it may work for you.
- Don't skimp on the ramp. You'll have a low CMC and it'll be tempting to cut some lands or artifact ramp for neat spells. Don't do it. Getting stuck on 4 or 5 lands with this deck is no bueno. You can't lean on Cabal Coffers and Crypt Ghast to dump your hand.

Here is my decklist if you want some ideas of what to do with it:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshi-comin-fo-dat-tooshie/

Browse the changelog for additional ideas. What didn't work for me may work for you so try new things. Any questions about specific cards or subthemes feel free to ask.

And the number one thing to remember with Toshi is to make sure you stick around for the long game. Toshi grinds out value better than most generals and that is what your gameplan should be first and foremost.

So I just got the Minds Vs. Might duel deck and I was thinking of building a Jhoire deck. Is she fun?

No

I'm sure she can be built to be super fun but most of the lists I've seen are obliterate into eldrazi Titan decks which are repetitive and obnoxious

Alright, I cut some lands but I've encountered a new problem. I now have 4 card slots open but no idea what I should put in there.

Legacy has Sol Ring Banned and it's Restricted in Vintage.

What exact Eternal formats were you talking about in plural?

Removal

Stop feeding the ban Sol Ring shitter. He can't convince his playgroup to house rule the big 3 rocks so he's shitposting here. Got BTFO last thread when someone gave him proof that few people cared for Sol Ring to be banned. He's sad and should be left to his own devices.

What's good removal in Naya?

Beast Within, Song of the Dryads, Chaos Warp, Vandalblast, Krosan Grip, Swords to Plowshares, Oblivion Ring

Off the top of my head. I think I'm forgetting some. I purposefully didn't list Path because the ramp can be relevant and shouldn't be in everyone's list.

swords to plowshares and path to exile are quite good. Beast within is very flexible. White has a ton more options for creature removal, and as for non-creature removal, hull beach, decimate return to dust are some good ones off the top of my head

Swords to Plowshares, Krosan Grip, Selesnya Charm, Aura Shards.

34 entire pages of comments of people wanting Sol Ring to be banned is hardly proof people don't want it banned retard.

I have Swords to Plowshares, Chaos Warp, Beast Within and Vandalblast.

Why are Beast Within and Chaos Warp so good? Chaos Warp especially seems like it could go horribly wrong.

It's insignificant when you consider how many pages that's out of. Sol Ring is completely fine and only babies who can't handle a little speed want it banned.

Bant Tamiyo.

I love Bant but none of the commanders appeal to me at all.
Derevi is too broken
Roon is too boring
Rafiq is too boring
Jenara is a pure waifu but I feel like she doesn't contribute anything past that
Pgrif sucks since group hug is for fags

Not the guy who posted it, but if you actually bothered to read some of those 34 pages you'd see most of the posts aren't saying anything about "wanting Sol Ring to be banned".

Stop fucking feeding him, user.

Permenant removal is so good in this format with problem lands and artifacts that can quickly run away with games. Out of the 50ish games I've cast a a Chaos Warp I think it has put in something worse maybe one time.

I feel bad for the idiots that think lands have colors. Thats the only thing I could see making this card more of a problem than any other blue mass bounce spell.

Beast Within is good because it's efficient. 3 mana for a kill on some pretty big things, and that 3/3 just doesn't compare. Chaos Warp is good because most decks are heavy on the start of their curve, say 1-3, maybe 1-4. If you hit their commander, let's say, a Prossh, or a Gitrog, they chances of them improving their situation off that are slim to none.

Considering that Prophet of Kruphix has only 23 pages under the same criteria, I think you need to reevaluate your idea of "proof."

Beast within is probably only green removal that can hit creatures along with Desert Twister. Chaos Warp is only red removal that can hit enchantments.
The pro is the flexibility, since Vindicate is always good. There's really not many options in Naya for flexible spells.
Beast Within's drawback isn't really a drawback, but rather extremely reasonable trade, as is with Chaos Warp, which I tend to avoid as removal and I have used it on my permanents 90% of the time to gamble for a bomb.

To be fair, Sol Ring was there ever since Alpha, where Prophet is a relatively new card, at least commander was a thing before it was released

See

Yeah stop talking about the format and POST YOUR DECK'S THEME SONG.

Not really sure I get what you mean, that the post count is inflated because Sol Ring is older, or that PoK deserves to be banned because it's newer?

Hello edh fags. Modern dave here. Thinking of getting into edh, and I was talking to this guy who plays at my LGS and said I wanted to build a mono black Sheoldred deck, and he basically rolled his eyes at me. What's wrong with Sheoldred? She's one of my favorite cards ever, but is too expensive to play with in other formats. I thought edh was supposed to be the format where you could play your pet cards.

Got a link for these pages of comments? I feel like reading a bunch of salt

>modern Dave
Fuck me. Meant Modern fag

Some fags always bring in a competitive side to anything, even stuff that's just for fun. Just temper your expectations since you might be playing with people who are competitive as fuck, or casual as fuck. It's fine playing it just casually as well, that's how I mostly play because it's fun.

It was just a search of Sol Ring in mtgsalvation. If you want pure salt just find the banlist thread.

Hi Dave. It appears your friend is a faggot. Sheoldred is pretty good in EDH. Most people run her as a 1 of 99 instead of a commander but she's still pretty good. Check out edhrec.com for what people do with Sheoldred decks.

sheoldred is just a value monoblack list most of the time, and is boring. thats probably what he was annoyed about. But fuck him play her shes good. Don't forget your grave pact.

Okie dokie thanks

>inb4 Praetor pasta

Sup Dave. Yeah, your friend's a faggot. Sheoldred is a fine value commander. Kind of expensive, but black's got a lot of ramp power in EDH and there's always mana rocks. Combine with some sacrifice engines and some value dudes and you've got a decent mono-black pile. Look into Grey Merchant of Asphodel recursion loops as a solid and powerful win condition.

Thanks for this user. I friend of mine wanted to run this dude as his first commander, and was asking me for help the other day. I can show him this now.

>modern Dave
Modern Dave here with a great new product. That's right! It's...Sheoldred Mono-Black EDH. Burn wait, there's more!

I thought it was overall and over time thing, and there was lot of time to whine about Sol Ring before PoK was released to shit the format

Commander wasn't really that popular before 2012.

Eh, it was around in our circles somewhat.

If you're a faggot and you turn it into "Cheap Eldrazi.exe", it's not fun. If you actually use your mind and some creativity, there's all manner of fun card chains you can make work in succession.

Make your deck even better.

Your name is Modern Dave now.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/help-noob-oloro-semi-casual/
would like some help plz, I dont wanna spend too much money

OK gimme a second, Ill look and give budget advice

Your average cmc is a little too high for your lands count, even counting rocks.

Consider:
Silent arbiter
Peacekeeper (alittle pricey)
Portculis
Celestial convergence is really Jank and budget, but I love it.
Debt to the deathless
Righteous aura

I'd run less enchantments and more boardwipes. Your commander literally works regardless how fucked the board gets. Cut any enchantments that don't actively fuck opponents or protect you.

Cut some mana rocks and shroud equips.

Also,
Erayo is in your maybeboard, he's banned in edh

Suture priest,
souls attendant
If you go hard boardwipes and long game: darksteel reactor

Or azors elocutors.

Also sydri goes infinite with the aetherflux reservoir if you're into that

Also:
Festival, holy day, darkness, angelsong, batwing brume, energy arc, dawn charm, harmless assault, pollen lullabye, auraification, teysa, envoy of ghosts.

Cut bribery, run test of endurance
Pendril mists
Sunder
Storm cauldron
Static orb
Winter orb
Meekstone
Crackdown
Sphinxes revelation

You don't need 30+ creatures

thanks, been making changes

My biggest advice is to abuse the fact that you gain 2 life each of your turns regardless of the state of the board.

Run stasis-y cards and mass bounce spells.

Cyclonic rift, evacuation.

Hell, rising waters, smokestack

You could even run approach of the second sun

have any advice for fun casual play? besides grouphug?

>"Hey, you guys are playing commander, right? Can I join in?"
>"Yes, sure."
He joins us and takes out his unsleeved 60 card deck with a foil Krenko, Mob Boss as commander(also unsleeved). We start playing and he only plays swamps and some of the black goblins. For some reason he loses. After the game he wants to show us his winning combo. He puts Notorious Throng,Teleportal and Krenko on the table.
>"Wait, how does this work? What has Krenko to do with faeries and rogues?"
>"Goblins are also rogues"
>"No, they are just goblins"
>"I'm pretty sure that they're also rogues, even if it doesn't say so on the card. Anyhow, was nice playing with you. See you next week!"

Trying to think of a fun deck to play in multiplayer, how fun is Kraj?