God CYOA - The splintering

The other thread was devolving into the typical shitslinging, and there seemed to be a good idea somewhere in there, here's the new thread for the God CYOA.

Good shit. I got three ideas. Pick what you're missing, I'm cool with any of them.

#1: The Eternal Judge, The Black God
>Celestial
>Death, Magic, Wisdom, Order
>The Moon, Justice
He wears a cloak. The priests say it is deepest black, and perhaps they are correct, but his prophets (few and far between) say that his cloak is an ever-shifting rainbow. Pigeons carry the ghosts of the dead to him, and he judges them fairly before sending them to their appointed afterlife...or, if they choose, to live again and do good.

#2: The Scholar, The First-Mage
>Aetherial
>Magic, Wisdom
>The Moon, Prophecy, Craft
In one sense, he has no temples; in another, every place of learning is a shrine to him. He seeks to better everyone, giving them magic and wisdom to elevate them from brute animal strength. He challenges everyone, whether they worship him or not, to outsmart him, and he is never more pleased than when they succeed.

#3: Luin, the All-Skilled
>Terrestrial
>Hunting, Cunning, Creativity, Crafts, Entertainment, Prophecy
"And when Luin came to them, the chief of the clan said to him: what can you do that we cannot? Luin said that he could hunt, but the chief showed him the greatest hunters of the land at his call. Luin said that he could make music, but the chief showed him the most beautiful of musicians. Luin said that he was skilled at the forge, but the chief showed him his blade, forged by a smith there, the sharpest and keenest. Then Luin said, you may have men who can do what I do, but tell me, do you have any who can do all those things? Then the chief was amazed, and welcomed Luin to his hold."

Twin Gods that shore up some areas we were lacking.

Where's the actual fucking CYOA? Someone not on mobile post that shit.

I'm a disgusting phone poster, so I can't. Basically everyone in the other thread was replying to it.

Porting my build.

#
Ætherial

Nature
Fertility

Creativity
Health
Flowers

I shall be the God of the woodland glade, of flower, of tree, of beast, and beard. My domain shall be A E S T H E T I C S .

Probably male.

Should we worry about names yet?

Welp, goddess of cycles creator here. after leaving to go do some stuff, I find out that someone put us all into a pantheon and there's a thread for this now.
You know, I my just create a godly tale or something, since there's this.

Sounds comfy as fuck.

>splitting the thread
You're going to get both threads deleted idiot

You dense motherfucker. This has happened numerous times when there's an actual discussion to be had about a specific CYOA outside of the shitslinging.

-Goddess of New Beginnings
Celestial

The Sun
Nature
Agriculture
Weather

Seasons (Spring)
Flowers

The Goddess that ushers in the regrowth of spring, bringing forth life from the shadows of death. Heavily focused on plants and nature. Her aspect of the Sun is based around the life-giving rays that burn away the snow and nourish the plants. Traditionally a festival is held during the height of spring in her honor, dubbed the Flower Festival.

Oh yeah there's SO much relevant discussion going on in this thread. The CYOA you are "discussing" isn't even posted in the thread you autistic faggot.

What are you talking about?

I dunno, user. Sounds like a blend of a few gods done before. There's cycles and nature in there, and we may already have an agriculture god. I hadn't anticipated how popular nature would be.

The tale idea.

Thanks a bunch, mang.

I need to sleep, and I have the sneaking suspicion this thread will be dead when I awaken. If you anons prove me wrong, I'd be greatly pleased. We still kind of need names and a structure to the pantheon.

God of War

>Aetherial
A limit on my power, yes, but necessary for my powerset. All it means are my followers must fight even harder without my divine favor.

>Offense
When we fight, we will fight without mercy. An unrelenting assault that few could hope to match.

>Defense
Perhaps more important than even offense, with a strong core none will be able to shatter our national spirit.

>Seasons (Summer)
The best time for marching, as the fields are sown yet harvest has yet to approach. With a Summer God at our side, our army will be able to strike even deeper into the enemies core.

>Crafts
Armor, weapons, tools, fortifications. All are needed by a great war machine, and all who worship me will find themselves blessed when they create these.

>Health
What may seem contradictory at first, a healthy army is vital to a nation's prosperity.

God of Harvest

>Aetherial
Like my brother, I can manifest though I choose not to. While I could be stronger as a Celestial, I feel a greater connection to our people when I walk among them.

>Fertility
When the days grow short yet the bitter cold has yet to seep in, much happens in the bedroom. Childmaking is blessed thing, and I am proud to watch over the expectant mothers of our community.

>Agriculture
While other gods may be greater than me, I cover the aspects of agriculture related to the harvest period. I insure the harvest goes smoothly and the grains are stored in the warehouses without trouble. My blessings are the bulwark against the uncaring winter.

>Seasons (Fall)
Like my brother, I am god of a season. However, I rule over Fall. When the days begin to grow chilly, I hold back the snow until the last crop is harvested. My chill wind is the herald of the end of marching season as men break from war to tend to the fields and their homes.

>Hunting
Even with my greatness, sometimes the crops are not enough. During Fall, my people are also inclined to hunt as well as harvest to supplement their food supplies. Fall is the perfect time to hunt as animals become sluggish, preparing for hibernation and the obscuring leaves of the trees fall away.

>The Home
At the end of the long day, there is always a comforting home awaiting my followers. Just as I rule over Fall, the twilight of the year, I also rule over the home that men return to in the twilight of the day. As the winds grow increasingly bitter, hearthfires grow warmer and more comforting.

The Genuine Bro

Terrestrial God

Prophecy
Seasons (winter, to make it less shitty, unless someone's trying to invade, then I make it THE SHITTIEST.)
Debauchery
Health
The Home
Justice (Defined as "just don't be a dick bro"

Just be chill. Don't be a dick. Help everyone, except the total dicks. When bad stuff happens, there's always a plan... or something bro.

Eo, god of cycles. Born when a yew tree rotted away and experienced the first true death, Eo rising from its dead roots. When the world was younger, world only had a sun in the sky and warm weather, nothing ever dying except the yew tree, an impossibility in an impossible world. She decided she wanted, no, NEEDED to change it. So she made the sun warmer, and made the people sweat. But after three months, she became bored with this weather, still stagnating, so she moved the sun back farther then it was, and poisoned the trees. but after another three months she became bored yet again, and moved the sun even farther back. but after another three months she found this weather to be boring, but she had no more ideas, so she decided to move it back to its original place and, whenever she thought it stagnating, would move the sun, changing the season.

That's the only tale i'm making tonight. Maybe tomorrow I can write about how her eye is the moon because the sun got in her eyes and she has an ironic sense of justice.

Law and Order is already accounted for.

Reposting my build.

>Aetherial God

Major Themes:
>Order
>Wisdom

Minor Themes:
>Justice
>Marriage
>The Home

Issitoq is the keeper of the law, the guiding force for those who rule, and the enforcer of vows.

Also some kind of trickster god might be nice to have.

I was basically going for "god of death who judges people after they die, who also happens to judge on $planet too."

Also: there aren't really enough themes for a proper trickster god - I mean, there's Cunning, but that's pretty much it and it's a minor theme. I tried to make a sort of trickster-ish thing with Luin, drawing half from the Irish Lugh Lámfada and half from Native American Coyote, but it ended up being mostly Lugh. Which isn't a bad thing, but...Admittedly, I was planning on a myth of Luin being the one who "stole fire from the gods" and gave it to mankind, and was actually made a god for it by the people's belief in him.

oh yeah, reposting Eo.

Aetherial
>Major themes
-Fertility
-Death

>Minor themes
-Seasons
-Moon
-The home

Yeah, that is a problem with this CYOA. There really aren't enough "bad" aspects to make a truly rounded pantheon.

I take back what I said, I must have misinterpreted what you typed in the first post.

I shall start my own pantheon. Currently of me, myself, and I.

The God of Technology and Communication
>Celestial
>Death, Wisdom, Weather, Order
>Creativity, Craft

I shall lead them to create the Internet, and the Internet shall be Good.
By the Will of my Order, they shall be an anarchistic people ruled only be a common sense of camaraderie. We have two rules: be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes.
There shall be unlimited free wifi in my Afterlife, and also on my God Plane.
Our cities shall each be powered by an eternal divine thunderstorm, providing infinite free energy. Because it blots out the sun over those cities, most city folk are pale as fuck.

Noice. I think I'll Join your pantheon bruh (i'm )

Forgot Pic

A welcome addition, my brother from another mother.

(Insert Name)
>Aetherial
Major
>Magic
>Offense
Minor
>Craft
>Home
>Justice

I'm thinking along the lines of a god whose followers are battlemages or spellswords with a strong connection to justice and family. Something like a paladin with more diverse & offensive magic and more emphasis on protecting their community (magic Batman!). Craft could come in as a ritual that binds their swords/armor to them during the creation process, and gives magical properties (armor has magic resistance, weapons act as low-level wands/staffs). Any suggestionsm?

God of the Coast

Coast/Sea God
>Terrestrial God

>Themes
The Moon - Help with Tides, slightly alter to make more favorable for my people.
Seasons (Fall) - Hurricane/Typhoon/Monsoon Season make it easier for my people and worse for rivals.
Cunning - Cut better deals with people. Pirates who hale from my port are supported by this.
Crafts - Making good ships
Trading - Self explanatory
Health - Number one issue out at sea is health so i help my people be more healthy out in sea
God of the Coast, focus on helping my Town/City become a thriving Port where most trade goes through and be the area that creates the best ships.

Maybe I'll call him Gwynlais? I like the Welsh names, especially for mystical stuff. Whenever I make anything, it's mostly got an Irish name. I think I'll expand my horizons.

Cool! We needed a god of sailors and shite.

I think it's divergent enough from the original god of law and order that you should be good.

Celebration here.
I went to sleep shortly after posting my build. Neat seeing what it's grown into since.

Well, it does appear to have died a slow death since then. Shame, I was hoping to see the rise of another thing on par with Magical Realm or Monster Hunter.

For a name I really want it to be Odysseus because he is my favorite Greek hero. Maybe change Crafts to Justice because there needs to be order on a ship, but I am not sure.

God(or Goddess?) of Life

Aetherial

Major
>Nature
>Magic

Minor
>Creativity
>Craft
>Health

Oversees the creation of new life through natural or artificial means. Encourages followers to create new and bizarre lifeforms through technology or magic.

The Crusader.
My followers are my armies and mercenaries.

>Terrestrial
>Justice, Hunter, Prophecy, Cunning, Crafts, Trading

Gwynlais: God of nature and the wild

Eo, Goddess of cycles

New beginnings? Cycles may make this redundant.

The GOD OF WAR

God of harvest and agriculture

Issitoq, God of Law and Order

God of common justice

Odysseus, God of the Sea

God(dess?) of celebration

Aside from the magic, it sounds a bit like
The Crusader God

Didn't include terrestrial god of brodom or god of tech, since they started a different pantheon.

I forget. Does this pantheon have a trickster yet? He/she'd probably be terrestrial, so that they can directly fuck with people.

Are our choices going to be used for something else?
I also name my Crusader God "Invictus Lux". More of a title than a name really.

Amara the Trickster

Aetherial

Major Themes:
>Death
Even Death is not free from this goddess' mischief. Amara will sometimes open a door back to the world of the living for ghosts to escape through. If a favorite of her's dies prematurely she may steal their soul before it reaches the afterlife and place it back in the body, sometimes a different body.

>Magic
Amara doesn't follow the rules and neither does magic. With it's chaotic and ever changing nature sometimes the joke is on the recipient of a spell and occasionally on the spell caster themselves.

Minor Themes:
>Debauchery
Amara loves a good time and finds it great fun to mess with those that partake more then they should.

>Entertainment
Everything is a game and everyone is an actor in the show called life. If things aren't interesting enough it won't be long until Amara shakes things up.

>Beauty
Mortals are so sensitive about how they look that it only makes sense that Amara would toy with them. When the manliest stud in town wakes up one morning as a voluptuous vixen it won't take long to know who's to blame.

Shrine: A grinning fox
Symbol of Faith: A coin necklace with a laughing face on one side and crying face opposite.
Sacrifices: Alcohol, a well crafted mask, incense, chicken, and/or something valuable stolen from another.

I think we may have made the perfect society with just those two gods. The celestial god takes care of the big picture, and the terresterial god takes care of the more immediately-relevant-to-daily-life-and-comfort aspects of godhood.

What do you mean by that? Good name btw.

Great!

Page 10 bump. Let's keep this alive 'till night when people come in.

How many pantheons are there now?

fuck off questshit trash

I'm always high when I'm here blasted rn, but I swear someone said something about putting our gods in a pantheon or something. Made me think another cyoa was gonna pop up using our god ideas for something. Since you made a post with all the names, made me think you were gonna make it.