/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Smol edition: How often do you play small sized races? It seems that they get type casted a lot into certain roles (Skill monkey and caster). Ever break the mold with them?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/g6f6fer
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/malus#English
latindictionary.wikidot.com/adjective:malus
discord.gg/pCzjP
paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljsh?Class-Preview-The-Operative
enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471110-The-Trouserfang-Dwarf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fetish shitter leave

Really?

Three possible characters for Serpent's Skull:

>Serial Killer Vigilante | Vivisectionist Alchemist, tells others he signed on to forget about his since deceased wife but is in fact running from persecution for a grisley string of politically motivated murders in Maginmar against the Council of Ushers. Signed on as the expedition's physician.

>Scared Witch Doctor | Warden Ranger field guide. Signed on at the edge of the Mugwani expanse to go looking for a brother deeper into the enormous jungles.

>Cloistered Cleric | Preacher Inquisitor, signed up in Taldor to bring the good word to the people of the Mugwani expanse. He's the ship's missionary.

Which should I go for? The doctor, the guide, or the missionary?

Doctor is most interesting, but missionary would probably be more fun to actually play.

>Cloistered Cleric
Why not Evangelist? I'm not Cleric archetype savvy but it fits the flavor better.

It was an idea I had but I already chose my app.

Evangelist would also work.

>literally 0 lewd potential
Give up, you're not getting in.

The doctor has lewd potential. Who knows what deviant activities the natives are into?

If nothing else, he could offer play-by-play when the others get captured by lizardfolk tribesman, describing in great detail what horrid fates await them.

Non

Consensual

Cuddling

Go with Evangelist Cleric|Preacher Inquisitor, and make him sexually obsessed with nubile native girls and/or boys.

Problem solved..

>not being chaste

Who's your favorite applicant so far? mine's Awinita The Ox

It's far more compelling a story for the man to try his very best to be chaste in the face of overwhelming, all-consuming lusts.

What is your favorite 1pp class(es) in Pathfinder? My personal favorites is the Magus and Paladin.

strawpoll.com/g6f6fer

>strawpoll.com/g6f6fer
Gunslinger, by far.

I don't care if it's shit mechanically, I've always loved firearms and being able to go the next step with my spaghetti western inspired characters.

Shit taste, shit app.

>same filename as when you showed it around the discord
Subtle self-shill is subtle.

Its also the same filename it had in the filename threads too.

i like the original art better than the recolor.

What are some good short modules, something that would take like, 4-5 sessions?

If I'm not mistaken, modules have gotten longer since Dragon Demand a couple of years ago, and now last about 6-8 sessions. You'll have to look at the older ones: I find the Midnight Mirror pretty neat.

Is Kuzad Graves a good name for a necromancer wizard?

Is Johnny Sword a good name for a fighter?

I'm very new to pathfinder and Veeky Forums in general, I'm trying to make a decent dervish of dawn character but I'm having questions on the mechanics.

Let's say I have a scimitar in my main hand and nothing in my offhand, can I strike with it if I take improved unarmed feat? Do I get the dex bonus from Dervish Dance on it? Do I get the maluses from TWF?

>malus

Learn English and KYS

Are you asking if you can punch someone while holding a weapon in the other hand? Yes but why would you do it?

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/malus#English
Fuck off and die.

latindictionary.wikidot.com/adjective:malus
Go and delete bonus from your dictionary too while you are at it

Are you retarded

It's not bad

I tried googling and some people wrote that the dervish dance bonus from dex also works on unarmed strikes and the double inspire courage works too so I thought why not.

Why not swordy mcswordface?

They are really fun mounted characters. It seems any time a Medium loser would be granted a noncombatant horse, Small characters actually get a selection of cool shit like wolves and geckos, and they can take them into dungeons.

no GM will allow that RAW an interpretation. the intent is very clear.

I'd probably allow it to be honest
I mean come the fuck on who cares it's unarmed

because weapon finesse already covers unarmed strikes

I'm not him I'm just saying if he wants to just start punching crap why not

>weapon finesse
>he doesn't use Feat Tax
made me think

Summoner because one of the only PF classes that doesn't have some form of 3.5 equivalent and building your own pet with a point buy system is cool. Too bad it's overpowered.

Carrion Crown is an amazing adventure path, too bad players will get minus trust in 3 hours of play. Like seriously, is it possible to run this for people who don't role play?

Weapon Finesse isn't a feat tax, it's a desirable benefit taken for its own sake. Same with Power Attack. It's like "trans-racial" people trying to hop on the pity train, you don't know shit about the Weapon Focus, Combat Expertise, IUS and Dodge life you fucking fraud.

How do you make Lucky Ted?

>Power Attack isn't a feat tax
All of those being feat taxes don't make Power Attack and Finesse not feat taxes you dumb cunt

This is latin not English you done fucked up

How I get into the Discord room?

By fucking Broodie's ass

discord.gg/pCzjP

And how I fuck his ass?

With your dingdong.

Why do you want in the discord? Its pretty terrible. Are you just consuming the salt from whenever Vult opens his mouth?

He's probably Based Magyar Refugee, I never seen him before
He's also a retard with broken English apparent

Whats up with the serpent skull apps? Is it some sort of joke game or something? Because only maybe 1~2 apps seem like they werent written as a joke.

kind of reminds me of that doctor evil app from HV

I'm waiting for the cute Chelaxian girls who got some of the jungle fever.

What was that one book that had all those rituals and spirits such as dancing kobold, rapist jaguar, and non-allegorical jesus?

> Pssshhh... Nothin' personnel, kid...

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljsh?Class-Preview-The-Operative

>Human
>MALE

Question for anyone who has GM'd the Emerald Spire. Would Psionics/Path of War be too powerful for this module?

Highlights to take from Operative
>3/4 BAB, poor/good/good Fort/Ref/Will
>Light Armor, basic weapons, small arms, sniper weapon proficiency
>Trick Attack is Sneak Attack that can be done regardless of distance or combat situation, requires an opposed skill check roll
>Operatives get a Cloaking Device, activation is a Move Action and gives +10 Stealth while standing still. Gives no bonus while moving, but allows you to make Stealth Checks even while being observed

It should be okay, but it also depends how many players are in your game. Also be very wary of the first floor of the dungeon, with all the goblins. The first room is a player killer straight-up.

I read through the first few levels and noted that.

The party is 4, two are most likely going to be URogue and Inquisitor, the last two are asking about Psionics and path of war.

Only one issue i have with this.

TIE YOUR DAMN SHOES YOU MORON!

It should be okay then, remember you can always add a little beef to your encounters if they start to eclipse combat.

Anyone? There was a huge stink about it here when it was released?

>It's just a space rogue
>except they wised the fuck up and have it a good will save
>they also sounds like they made sneaks less shit and have it an actual way to stealth properly

WOW PAIZO WHY COULDN'T YOU DO THAT WITH UNCHAINED ROGUE YOU COCKSUCKING'S FAGGOTS

Is cooke still in charge of Starfinder? Doesn't sound like it because mages seem to not be amazing by default anymore.

The way its written it sound like she's trying to make an excuse for why she wants to eat strong things, rather than that whole honor the clan buisness.

And i like that.

user forgot to mention two other qualities the Operative has,
>Operative's Edge is a class ability that gives bonuses to skill checks as well as Initiative, it will either be passive or something you only get so many of per day (encounter? Could be tied to the Stamina system.)
>Receives a special bonus at level 7 for a skill in which they have the Skill Focus feat

Sounds like Investigator's inspiration.

The wording implies it's going to be passive, meaning eventually your Operative is going to be really, absurdly good at their job.

I had been lurking for a while and from what I could gather seens people is obsessed with making the most optimal or broken character possible and that nobody cares on the themes nor plot of a campaign.
This almost feels like free form Donut Steel F-list shit.

I'm willing to bet absurdly petty amounts of cash that Operative's Edge will be an ability with uses per day, but they can be regained during a short 10 minute rest.

The theme of Starfinder seems to be big dumb action flick, dividing PC health into Stamina (representing your "luck" in not getting hit) and Health (representing you, uhh, health, and needs medical attention) is evidence enough of that.

Either you haven't been lurking for as long as you think or you're shit at information gathering.

How many games are you basing this off?

>and that nobody cares on the themes nor plot of a campaign.

Can you provide examples of characters that have successfully gotten into games without being tied to the plot or theme of the campaign?

Thats because those people don't get in games and therefor spend more time posting about builds

What do you expect from NEETS?
That they be mental healthy functional individuals even with their hobbies?

Is anyone else having trouble with mega right now? I can't access the trove.

Trove is dead, babe.

>no examples
>no sauce
>not even a smug anime girl

What a shitty b8

Is it really?

Why you keep fighting it?
You will never be chosen for a game and soon Paizo will collapse when Starfinder or the MMORPG, you are wasting your time downloading those pdfs trying to figure out the next meme character from which you will get that sweet rush of self-realization that should bring sense to a meaningless existence.

I like pathfinder and my gamegroup isn't nearly as cynical, hate-filled, and optimized as most of the people here.

Because old fat greasy neckbeards freak out when a rogue uses improved evasion against a fireball

>muh no place to dodge too unavoidable damage no save

So far it seems people prefer the Starfinder classes to Pathfinder's.

Now I'm just worried about the Solarion and Technomancer. You guys think they'll make them strong enough that everyone will want a dip I to their cookie jar?

In general, pazio has done a really good job with designing classes that aren't 9th level casters and that don't have to follow the 3.5 shit-stain defaults.

Anyone?

>swashbuckler
>cavalier
>Gunslinger
>Kineticist

Akashic bullshit by Nightmarescares Hacks.

It was a big hubbub around here but we forgot about it because, surprise surprise, it was only useful for memes.

>Cavalier, Gunslinger
These two were from WAY earlier in Pathfinder's history, when Paizo was trying to break off from 3.5e designs. Same deal with the Magus. They're in need of a good unchaining

>Kineticist/Swashbuckler
I concede here, these two are poorly designed at best, though I'd rather play a kineticist over a swashbuckler.

What sort of characters do you want to see apply for Serpent's Skull?

Jacknife Trousersnake, the dwarf that heals by snakes biting his dick.
enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471110-The-Trouserfang-Dwarf

Why would I care about a game I will not join nor even will apply to? Why would anybody care about it beyond just applying and then having a good old fashioned circle jerk with the other applicants!?

No, it was the other book by Augunas published by Radiance House.
I believe it was Grimoire of Lost Souls

I miss Incarnum.

>Paizo will never release Pathfinder Unchained Book 2

Fucking end my life

>3 of the 20 classes were shit
what is your point?

>kineticist
DON'T START WITH ME

We all do user. We all do

What other changes do you want them to add?

Okay.

What's that user, you want another samey vancian caster? Coming right up!