Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

"So easy, even a phoneposter can do it" Edition

>Proper Duncan.
youtube.com/watch?v=VEjaR_-lCxw

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/724730.page
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Gaunt-s-Ghosts
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Vostroyan-Command-Squad
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Valhallan-Squad
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Mordian-Iron-Guard-Squd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for nids will still be shit and Geedubs will do nothing about it ;_;

>tfw no army

8th when

Third for Nid players want to be shit, no matter how the rules are, it's their identity.

Question of the day. Can anyone think of a situation where ripping open a tear to the warp and summoning a daemon prince could not possibly make a situation worse then it already is?

Man I wish wargamesexclusive had a better range of minis, they could really fill some of the gaps geedubs fails to fill, I mean look at this pimping female Inquisitor.

If it's a group of Chaos Marines trying to start a Daemon incursion then it'd definitely be an improvement.

>guardsmen can now slaughter wraithlords

RIP big boys

Newfag.

Ey lads, haven't looked at anything warhmmer for over a year now. Just wondering if there have been any major developments as far as lore/editions I should know about.

About 400 of them, sure.

That's only 2k points worth.

nth for actual Noise Marine models when

>Using 2000 points worth of units to kill one wraithlord

Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's good strategy.

>get wounded easily by basic guns
>get weaker as they lose wounds
>most likely still slow as fuck
>GW said they want games to be faster so most likely everything deals tons of mortal wounds like in AoS
>rend makes armour saves much weaker

is this the end of Tyranid monstrous creatures?

Assuming you're not just joking around: Guilliman is back, Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade ripped the galaxy in half with a giant warpstorm, Magnus and Mortarion are also back and have reformed their respective legions, Ynnead was born prematurely and now has their own death cult (they were the ones that brought back Papa smurf ) and 8th edition is on the horizon and will change almost everything to be more like AoS and 2nd ed.

...what?

can you even fit 400 guardsmen in a 48 inch circle

As this user pointed out, there are multiple situations where a daemon prince could help a lot.
Any chaos force needing help
Genestealer cults looking to get imperial authorities off their back and looking for chaos cultists
Tau with their mary sue armour using one as a distraction carnifex sacrificing gue'vesa to summon it
DA could summon one because they are traitors (aeldari)
Orks would always enjoy a daemon prince to have a scrap with
if anyone else has a suggesting feel free to add on
Or perhaps the beginning depending on how many points they cost and how many are fieldable at once while being value units

Yes. Hence our butthurt

>Brings a Titan formation to a "narrative" game
>T 20
>W 50
>SV 2+
>each
>Opponent sends fabious bile into combat with them
>he hits first due to assaulting
>hits
>wounds on 6+ (because everything can do that in 8th
>I fail my save
>His weapon is Instant Death
>Remove Titan from the field
>Remove other 2 Titans after failing battle shock

Only gets truer each day, here we go it's 8th.

Rend is actually good for most Armour save, sine now even a lascannon won't fully negate a 3+ save. Also everyone is getting more wounds to compensate for the fat that everything can wound them. Games will be made faster primarily by removing huge blobs of infantry through battleshock.

Will Deldar finally be able to take list that isn't just transport spam? so far the only way to play Deldar is to have everything in vehicles 100% of the time which makes games boring as fuck.

so zerg, uruk-hai, and ig are worthless now?

Not soon enough

Yes. Prematurely throw away your models in anticipation.

and a wraithlord is what 200? points.
not a good use of points.

2k points of gaunts will also punch a wraithknight to death in 7e, but we don'tbsee nid players destroying eldar armies left and right.

They'll be punishing to play, one fuckup and you could loose a whole unit.

Speak for yourselves.
I do hope that tyranids will be good, and even if they suck, it's not gonna stop me from noming everything to death.
Goddamn defeatists.

Weird question, but have you ever found a 40k Chaos Lord on a Daemonic Steed (any of the 4) in any Black Library book?

That's the shittiest model pretending to be 40K I've ever seen. Never mind whatever idiot sculpting this apparently never seen female torso, her waist is about as thick as her arm under that armour *barfs*. Even that disgusting Veridian mini looks far better than this, and then you still have the old GW metal female Inquisitor and infinitely superior Greyfax...

the changes we've seen so far are generally neutral or good for nids.

the meta the meta won't someone please think of the meta!

>S-s-skinny women don't exist !!!!

How to spot the angloburger

What's the point of letting lasguns harm Land Raiders if it's so impractical no one's ever gonna do it? You ruin the balance of everything else just for this?

That isn't natural or attractive. She would struggle to walk down stairs, let alone purge heretics.

From what I've seen so far :
>initiative being given to the assaulting unit is good for high mobility units (flyrants, hormagaunts, raveners, etc)
>battleshock, and the ability to split fire between ennemy units, might be a problem for low-numbered tyranid groups (like most units of genestealers, or warriors). We'll need to drown the ennemy in corpses, or rely more on monstrous creatures
>reliable psykers will be a thing again

So yes, so far, nothing to worry about, I'd say.

How is it ruining balance of anything, if everything has been rebalanced. Don't listen to the naysayers here. Continue the positive discussion here:
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/724730.page
At least you can spot the 3 or 4 negative naysayers who constantly post.

Go back to DickaDicka.

Okay :)

pic related : the average "natural" angloburger atrractive "woman" in its natural habitat

Because it's not actually that impractical and people are going to do it.

That's not skinny, you brain dead imbecile. That's below anorexic level and well into being dead territory. I'd show you how disgusting a girl that thin looks like but I won't waste my time on someone with a taste that shit

Yeah i'd hit it, especially for half a big mac.

That's not skinny, that's unhealthy. I'm suffering just from looking at her.

I need more leaks of the new Death Guard, my health relies on this information.

> 600 shots to kill a Land Raider
> fuck it, let's do this

>implying you'd have chance to get half a big mac before she ate all of it

Their minis look great, but they are a fucking pain to work with. Way too many tiny parts which need to be pinned. Spent a whole afternoon working on one of their tech priestesses and never want to buy from them again.

>can you even fit 400 guardsmen in a 48 inch circle

Easily. They would have over four square inches per guardsman, while a 25mm base occupies about one square inch. You could just about squeeze them all into rapid fire range if you really wanted.

>B-b-but it looks bad and its not healty!!!!

she probably lift more than you ever will.

She's actually not that bad though. Pretty mint desu

>N-no I dont m-move goalpost

When was the last time you interacted with a real female human being (aka non-angloburger)

Umm I am not in the loop for guard, did I miss something or what are these new guard regiments for sale? Are we getting regiment tactics for 8th?
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Gaunt-s-Ghosts
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Vostroyan-Command-Squad
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Valhallan-Squad
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Mordian-Iron-Guard-Squd

It's yet to be seen if 8th will be balanced, but 7th was fine. A supplement here and there fixed things. 8th is ruining everything...just so lasguns can take wounds off of Land Raiders?

that's not how you use that rule. Lascannons will still be favored to kill Land Raiders.
But now if an ALREADY DAMAGED Land Raider approches your guardsmen guarding an objective in the hope of contesting, your lasguns have A SLIGHT CHANCE to stop that (it still won't work most of the time).
Makes for some good stories.

>B-but muh freedom ???

synapse is sure to still make tyranids among the least vulnerable to moral.

I doubt it'll still be outright immunity, but we'll some get some sort of bonus or rerolls.

>A supplement here and there fixed things

top fucking kek

Why do people say big models/monsters will be unusable?

It'll take tons of boltgun shots to take down a Carnifex, and they'd be better spent mowing down some gaunts.

You still need big weapons for big targets.

A chance so low it's worth fucking things up so that high strength weapons hit T4 on 3+ and some other stupid shit that take away from the game's granular character?

What does it say of you if even newfags see through and grow weary of your eternal pity party?

those are old as dirt and in metal

Um.. No? Are you trying to troll, or are you just retardedly focusing on one single change about this edition?

I wish. GW seems to hate slaanesh for some reason across the board. Be it AoS or 40k, slaanesh is really lacking.

>Umm I am not in the loop for guard

That would explain why you don't recognize models from 1999.

> Um.. No?

it bouquet not bucket, honestly some people

Not him, what's the abridged on magnus reforming the thousand kangz? Are there now non dust in the wind marines?

I'm thinking about running this.
I'm using Steel Legion model and all I have is 3 plasma guns and way too many grenade launchers

The idea is the Lascannon team hides in a ruin an takes potshots while the other teams scoot around and shoot their special weapons out the top hatches.

>new guard regiments
>metal minis from the 90s
>new

They're doomsayers afraid of change, like this guy He sounds like a whiny oldfag scared of any change. Just ignore them. They will play it anyway.

Yeah that is a problem, I would prefer a whole fresh big mac anyway.

Is insulting one body type your attempt at rustling jimmys?

He united the various warbands and sorcerers under his single rule again.

> Necron no longer OP
> Eldar no longer dominating top tables
> Lots of variety, plenty of strong fluffy formations for everyone

All it needed was updated codices for the factions that were lagging behind.

honestly the new system has a better looking spread for interesting gameplay.

It removes a lot of the distinction from weapons with varying strengths. Why should a scatter laser and a bolter wound a T7 model at the same rate?

Wait what that's not what I meant to post

People will just stack up on heavy weapons, fire the bolters at your hordes while melting your monsters on turn 1

On that note, why should a scatter laser and a lascannon hurt a T10 MC just the same?

Scatter laser puts out more shots and probably has a rend value and better range.

Is it... the end of 40K!?!?!?!!?!!?!!?!

>No, it's not.

Because one does more wounds than the other.

Or better - they could act like manchildren, burn their armies, and leave the people really invested into the hobby in peace, at last.

True, but now there is the damage and rend, which further increase the weapons' diversity.

>bill nye the spectrum guy

Nope, but with 'psychic backlash' it is the end of tyranids

looks okay. how many dudes do you have?

Where will all the butthurt 40k players move too?
the fantasy players all moved to kings of war and are bitter at it.
go to their forums and and just slightly criticize KoW just for a laugh

nah the distinction is there, its just spread out over more than just 4 steps.

SIX MILLION+d6 CHOSEN GAUNTS!

the price gouging on ebay at the moment is ridiculous.

Nay, I'm not for beating dead horses (even if it is hilarious to do so)

Well thats cool.

60 BILLION + d6? DON'T YOU MEAN 600 TRILLION + d6

That comes closer than most of their garbage, but the proportions are still a bit too exaggerated and the breasts too spherical. The style and detailing is on point, which is more than can be said for their titty Tau range.

why is there so much autistic /pol/ humour in this thread nowadays?

Do you seriously think scatter lasers will do more damage after everyone bitched about them for 3 years?

>REE REEE EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS THE SCARY /POL/ NAHTZEES