>Time/Zone
>System(s)
>Other Information

>GM/Player
Players, currently hunting a GM at the moment for my group
>Time/Zone
Currently set for Mondays at 8 PM, but can be moved to Wednesdays and Saturdays
>System
Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game. Very much dead set on this game at the moment as my two friends and I are all excited for a Street Fighter game.
>Voice or Text
Currently on text, discussion can be had to use voice as well or voice only.
>Contact Information
Discord: The Grandmaster#3642
>Additional Information
All of us are new players to the system, though we do have experience with other games (d20, Star Wars FFG, Shadowrun, etc).

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2232564/carrion-crown-adventure-path-1-of-6
discord.gg/uQ2jGU4
discord.gg/nDKAdDS
discord.gg/GeWPCaF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Using the shit gamefinder pic
Please kill your self.

>Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game. Very much dead set on this game at the moment as my two friends and I are all excited for a Street Fighter game
I'd run this if you'd use the uodated and better rules from Burn Legend, but ah well. Good luck.

>uodated and better rules
>Exalted 2e

I knew I'd find some salt in this thread.

>Game
Dawn of Worlds, see the attached PDF. It's a sort of a world builder, but it's cooperative and you get to play a God.
>Time
I based out of EST, so most of my posts will be too. If that doesn't jive with your time zone, you're encouraged to make your own game.
>Location
Use your critical thinking skills to derive the location of the forum using these clues:
dawnofworlds
freeforums
net

>Other
When I see my first player get registered with the forum (a fairly painless process, you're welcome to use a temporary email to get signed up with), I'll make the first post in Game 1. We have a built-in dice system.

>GM/Player
Both GM and Player, favouring beying a player currently.

>Time/Zone
Avaiable late nights after work mostly everyday. If anything happens and I can't come, I'll let the group know as soon as possible. My current timezone is GMT-3

>System(s)
D&D 3.5 , D&D 5e , CoC, ToC, Pathfinder, open to being introduced to new things. Right now I am going through a D&D 5e hype kind of vibe, while actively looking for a proper game with dedicated people.

>Other Information
Discord will be given in case I get a reply, or if a group would be so kind as to adopt me into their ranks.

Bump

Hey I'm not really willing to post my personal info, but I'd love to get into a game of Shadowrun...but I don't even know what system is in style right now. Is anyone looking to put a game together?

>GM/Player
Player
>Time/Zone
Eastern Time
>System(s)
D&D 5e, though am willing to learn OSR systems
>Voice/Text
Either is fine.
>Contact
Detros#0506
>Additional information
I really want to play an OSR, I have a dungeon crawling itch right now.

Sorry, more or less made this out of desperation. What's the better picture for this?
I didn't realize there was another one made to emulate Street Fighter. Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it.

I'd look elsewhere, unless you're GM'ing Shadowrun. There are never any games here for it, because the fluff is too intensive, and the crunch is abhorrent.

Can you explain what the problem is? I'm pretty ignorant on the details of SR, but I know it's one of the few examples of a well known magitech cyberpunk.

Anyone running MnM? Been a while since i played it.

Pretty much what I said. It's mechanically obtuse, and there's a lot of fluff to wade through.

Skeet Fighting bump

Can you think of any specific issues with the rules or setting? Like I don't really mind obtuse rules or whatever unless theres like...very blatant, standout problems that just ruin everything.

most people play 5e, a decent minority still plays 4e. just grab the core book for either and start reading if you want to know why no one wants to gm it

It has multiple systems that only have a passing relationship in similarity. It's extremely counter intuitive. Characters are difficult (read; nearly impossible) to build without Chummer (a character building tool). Lore has been rewritten multiple times over various editions.

It's workable, but it's not simple. It's bearable only because the fluff is so tasty.

It's one of those games where you ARE your inventory, which is fairly normal. It just stinks of "system mastery" which I am quite done with.
The problem I had with it was that it seemed like it couldn't even get off the ground if you didn't outright ignore tons of gunplay rules.

Anyone want to play old school DnD at some point? My skype is kbalanera. Message me, and we can set something up.

>Characters are difficult (read; nearly impossible) to build without Chummer
The fuck is this baby talk? People should be forced to make their first character without Chummer, that way you know they had to actually open the book. I'd like to say they shouldn't get Chummer for their first character for each of the four main rules sections (combat, vehicles/rigging, magic,
and matrix), but that might be a bit much. I use 3e anyway, if they can't find their way to NSRCG, I'm not going to give it to them.

This is so me, it hurts

It's not though. It comes in a 2e supplement, but it's an entirely different ruleset built from the ground up.

bump

>GM/Player
Game Master

>Time/Zone
GMT +2 : 12 AM

>System(s)
Mathfinder Pathfinder

>Other Information
First time DMing Pathfinder, use all of the core books heck you can even use 3rd party/homebrew if I approve them.

>Roll 20 Link
app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2232564/carrion-crown-adventure-path-1-of-6

Bump

Can't access.

That's the campaign link, you'll have to post the LFG one if you want anybody to be able to access it.

>Adventure path

Sorry but no

Damn why is it so hard to find a game where PCs are just going adventuring

Why is everything such ultra-specific "In the Year blah blah blah you are part of a shiprecked crew sent by the King to McGuffin"

Can't we just start with a cast of characters in someone's homebrew and find shit to do on our own

That's what I run, just not for D&D or Pathfags.

Yeah

But

I barely even find rules-light games

Everyone's about D&D or Pathfinder apparently.

The largest issue is that most players don't do anything without the GM hitting them with a carrot.

This isn't restricted to PF or D&D. Even in games designed to encourage or even force players to point the plot in a different direction I've had to grab people by the nose.

Sounds great, user! Why not host it yourself?

>Can't we just start with a cast of characters in someone's homebrew and find shit to do on our own
Have you ever written and GMed such a homebrew?

To be fair it would be refreshing if more games just started with very simple premises.
You're just adventurers or something and there isn't much to it.

Then again I've seen people try to start campaigns like that and be attacked mercilessly so fuck the gamefinder I guess.

>No games advertised
>If any then it is 3.5/pf cancer in big part
>People may attack potential MG
Geee I wonder why there is such few GMs looking for players.

Yes.

I didn't write it, since we start with people choosing something to do. It's very easy if you do simple worldbuilding. Situation, threat, advantages, differences.

First of all you propose a setting, maybe an idea you already had; and you watch input. If people don't say anything, then that means they don't intend to impose anything on that, and you move on. However it goes, you have a basic setting.

Then, the adventure starts when they want it to start. They all have their characters, and the characters only know why THEY decided to go out in the first place. So I had my player that said "my guy is obsessed by magic and understanding it". The first thing he said was "I intend to become an explorer for the tribe so I can look for spirits and magic and other things". And bam, plot of the first chapter. Right now, it's the very first sessions, therefore I tether him with some duties (ironically his chief sent him explore around because the tribe is about to settle), from which it's up to him to find a way to rebalance that towards his own goal.

I have already created many things and entities to pepper around the location, some of them are linked to greater, global systems, but it's his problem to go after them.

Expecting him to be an idiot on purpose and say "I sit down and start a basketweaving career" would be quite silly.

On the other hand, he GMs a game I am in, and has me basically do the same. I'm stuck with a job assignement from my gang boss, but as I encounter more people and opportunities, my character is finding himself an ambition of his own. I also made him an extensive backstory in which he's been separated from people he cared about, which the GM said he'd not forget, as he shouldn't. My character had long abandonned the search for answers but who knows what happens when you mingle in certain circles?

Because I have my reasons. Dumb question dumb answer.

If anyone ever wants to GM that, tell me.

I literally don't care anymore about the systems, I just please want a game where I'm not already locked into some cosmic struggle in a world where there's magic artifacts at every corner. Also a game that allows nonhumans such as gnolls and whatnot. This alone often gets a "no".

>wants to play some furry and/or mary sue race
You had my sympathy before.
Not any more.

I fail to see how your long description is any different than using an adventure path other than you wrote it.

>I have already created many things and entities to pepper around the location, some of them are linked to greater, global systems, but it's his problem to go after them.

See right here you describe how you did pretty much exactly that.

>Expecting him to be an idiot on purpose and say "I sit down and start a basketweaving career" would be quite silly.

Then you explain how there are certain things you didn't have material for and thus wouldn't let him do. You use a hyperbolic example to act as if that's the only example there would be.

>GM/Player
Player with literally no experience
>Time/Zone
(UTC-06:00) Central Time, only available between 11:30PM and 3:30AM sunday-thursday
>System(s)
fuck if I know
>Other Information
Literally never roleplayed in my life, can only use text because people in my house will be sleeping, just fuck my shit up.

You know I can never tell if it's a genuine joke or a low-effort bait.

>See right here you describe how you did pretty much exactly that.
Not playing in a strictly railroaded campaign doesn't mean you're going to play in a world of abstract shapes and colours.

Like how can you compare an ADVENTURE PATH to "you meet a deity of the land, what do you do with your life?"

He doesn't even have to do any of the jobs and quests the NPCs will give him.

>You use a hyperbolic example to act as if that's the only example there would be.
I really don't.

>GM/Player
GM
>Time/Zone
Fridays EST haven't decided what time I want to go by yet and will be up for discussion.
>Voice/Text
Text
>System(s)
Star Wars: Age of Rebellion
>Contact Information
I'll post the link once interest has been shown.
>Other Information
The game starts off approximately at the climax of the battle of Hoth. Despite unwavering courage for the cause, the Rebel Alliance faces a substantial military loss dealt by the Empire. In the disarray and effective routing of the forces, an improvised hasty retreat leaves a bulk of the Rebellion garrison stationed on the ice planet stranded. Cut off from support and at peril with the Empire actively seeking to thoroughly annihilate them from the skies and on the ground, time can only tell what will prove a more potent enemy; the Empire or the cold? 100,000 rebel troopers in hiding are left to hinge on the hope of a distress beacon broadcasting out to the scattered Rebellion fleet to assemble for a rescue evacuation.

What I have planned is a Dunkirk evacuation styled game that relies heavily more on survival-based gameplay as opposed to combaty-based. I’m also aiming to go full autistic on the intricacies of traveling the frozen landscape with a Long Dark-esque system with food, drink, and temperature being centering issues and the effects that apply to neglecting them. The players will take on the roles of ordinary troopers entrusted with various missions to secure the route for the evacuation with limited resources and backup.

This will also be my first time running Age of Rebellion.

>GM/Player
Mainly a forever GM, but I want to try to be a player.
>Time/Zone
Pacific
>System(s)
Ghostbusters, I just want to try playing it. It seems like fun.
>Other Information
Would prefer just over text and not voice. But whatever is cool I guess.

Would you be fine with InSpectres as well?

Never heard of it. I'm guessing it's a different system in which a ghostbusters like thing can be ran.

I'd be pretty cool just to try it.

Interested, if you want to post the link.

Post that link, user

Are you okay with players with little experience? I'm new to tabletop Rpgs (have some experience with Cyberpunk 2020), but I'd always like to try out something new. Friday is one of my free days. I read into Force of Destiny a bit recently (I know, not AoR) and while I wasn't exactly crazy about it, your setting sounds pretty cool.

discord.gg/uQ2jGU4
Hurry before it closes.

At work and on mobile with no discord app available, rip

One player dropped out, i have room for one more.
discord.gg/nDKAdDS

You don't need to trash on the dudes game man

I have tried running games like that and hexcrawls a couple of times and it has literally never worked for me. Maybe it was the players or maybe it was my fault, but every time I try it always devolves into the players basically going "well what should I do next?" and bumbling around town blatantly ignoring plot hooks.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Chronicles of Darkness
>Times Available (with timezone!)
3-9 PM GMT Tuesdays
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Discord/Roll20
>Contact Info
NoEyesZalgo#1547
>Additional Notes
The Old Ones awoke, they flooded the land, they ate our star. Yet man lives.

Flooded London is a setting about the last of humanity gathering, fighting, and loving as the world changes dramatically and monstrously around it. Man survives by doing whatever they can. Some harvest the organs and blood from the new beasts in the sea and create bio-technology with it. Crowley-inspired demon worshiping cults have become magical Aristocrats with their own politics to navigate. Sailors ride the sea in steam powered boats for treasure but often finding horror attached.

Looking for 1-2 more players

>It just stinks of "system mastery" which I am quite done with.
I dig that, what do you play that avoids it though?

Your players sound really dumb. And it also sounds like their characters have no reason to live.

>GM/Player
Player. Want to figure out GURPS enough to run it
>Time/Zone
EST, later at night (After 11pm or so) works best for me
>System
GURPS. Any setting
>Voice or Text
Either
>Contact Information
Discord: Dsavant#5262

As much as people here like to praise the sandbox as the world's greatest game, they almost never work particularly well.

Yeah, that is an unfortunate truth. I do a lot of worldbuilding so I'd love to run a sandbox game, but any time I try it just doesn't work.

Players are rarely good at self motivating.

Your players maybe

Maybe you don't know that most players are idiots

Well yeah, the chances of finding a group composed entirely of players that aren't idiots are basically nil.

Hence why I like 1-on-1

all gone?? :(

I've been looking for a SR 4AE game for quite some time. Should I just bite the bullet and get 5th? From what I've heard, characters just aren't as customizable at chargen. Is that true? I also like the sheer amount of ridiculous stuff in the Arsenal book for 4th. I wanna make a doom bus that's also a zeppelin that's also a submarine.

>Is that true?
It uses prioritygen by default, like every edition other than 4e. It means you can't toss points around all over the place. However, 5e does have karmagen in Run Faster (along with a couple other generation methods). I don't know how customisable vehicles are in 5e, you'd have to look into Rigger 5.0 for that.

Invite? Link doesn't work (also, voice or text?). lakesaho#6646

>GM/Player
Guess I am gming again because lack of gms to find.
>Time/Zone
I am on est and fridays will do me well but will build around there players
>System(s)
I gm dnd 5e mostely but i know how to play shadowrun, dungeon world ,mouse guard, some version of wod, adnd, pathfinder, some other random bullshit
>v or t
I play on voice but people playing on text can join
>contact info
discord.gg/GeWPCaF
>Other Information
Not the best gm in the world but I try. Willing to teach new fags

Build around the players

Great! Thanks, user. More trips to drivethrurpg are in my future, I guess.

Just get the books from /srg/.

I would kill for a shadowrun game too

Hey if anyone is looking to run SR, I'd love to get into it.

>GM/Player
Player.
>Time/Zone
Pacific -8:00
>System
DnD 5e
>Voice or Text
Whatever you'd prefer
>Contact Information
Discord: Taco Hell#9073 (don't ask, it's an /x/ thing)
>other info
I'm fairly new so be gentle, I've done one full game and currently in the middle of 1 or 2 year campaign. I understand newer players are a burden but I'll do my best.

seems like there's plenty of interest in playing it

now if only someone would actually dare to GM

>GM/Player
Player

>Time/Zone
CDT - GMT -5
Free Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, potentially Saturdays.

>System(s)
Pathfinder, D&D 3.5, D&D 4e

>Contact
Crambo#6282

>Voice or Text
Text IC. I'm fine with Text OOC and/or voice OOC, however.

>Other Information
I'm an experienced player in the systems listed, you won't have to teach me anything. Willing to teach those who are new. I like to write stuff.

>First time DMing Pathfinder
Red flag

>location
I can't find your game

I think what most of you are forgetting is that if you want the game to last more then 2 weeks its best to not have a gm come out of no where to start a game with no prep time this is the same for any game but maybe even counts more for shadowrun. This is not to say that its not possible to have a last minute gm but I never heard of been in a game where something like that worked out well.

>Gm comes out of no where has noting prepped no roll20 page etc but wants to run a game in less then a week
>Once game day comes gm either has zero to work with or barely enough to keep up with the players
>Now the gm is endlessly playing catch up with the players running the risk of burning out or just not wanting to do it.
>This is before all the book keeping the gm might have to do depending on the players

I'm only saying this because I want the best for you.

I understand, but I have been looking for Shadowrun games for years with no luck

Then as someone who ran a shadowrun 4e game last year because they was unable to find a game to be a player in either keep looking or sit down and spend a bunch of time of making a game that you think you will enjoy and others will enjoy. I'm not one of the others here but I been looking for a shadowrun game (or any game really) but I would not want anyone to gm at the last minute.

If someone were willing to make a discord server for this shit, I'd join up.

Maybe when a bunch of players see how many people are interested, something will form.

it's not the same but reddit has a discord called the discord of many things that does this. There's also a different, equally normie discord called Mute Mage (but that's only play-by-post games)

none of these are the same or anywhere as good as a Veeky Forums based discord for the purpose, but there you go in case you didn't know about them

Usually you can just post your contact info through a discord here and it's enough.

bump

>bump

>GM/Player
GM
>Time/Zone
Saturday Evenings EST
>System(s)
Savage Worlds - Rifts
>Other Information
Long time GM running roll20 game for some RL friends and friends of friends. Voice coms preferred for OOC. Literacy with setting or system not required. damascusxie#5641 via discord

Player
>Time/Zone
Australia
>System(s)
Any
>Other Information
Looking to play, don't care which system. Open to anything as long as it's not FATAL. hope to hear from you soon
Contact me on discord: Elvishclock #2977
Or email: [email protected]

I feel I should put my 2 cents in here and say that I have GM'd quite a lot in the past, and have successfully done many games on very short notice. Not all games made like that will suffer, by any means.

dawnofworlds,freeforums,net

I believe in you.

bump

>GM/Player
GM

>Time/Zone
Weekday evenings, CST

>System
0e DnD, probably in the form of White Box Swords and Wizardry.

>Voice or text
I prefer text, but if enough players want voice, I'm willing to be flexible.

>Contact info
kbalanera on Skype

Cool friend me and I'll put you in a discord chat for this. I'll have a vote for the name once we get ten people.
NoEyesZalgo#1547

Sharing in the 5e hype vibe and want to spread circles of open ended Player/DM's

discord is Wind #5574

Still would like to play or even watch a Barbarian's of Lemuria game! Even if someone just has a demo or something to show it off.

Roll20/Discord
WarWeasel /WarWeasel#4544

bumpo