Endless Legend Thread

I guess I'm... Gonna be the one to do it?

Can't Ruff the Puff edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/cKQAF
imgur.com/a/k5iK3#ysdU5gG
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fKHLH_e12o0
youtube.com/watch?v=enNftYHBxwM
endlesslegend.gamepedia.com
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HyYiuuklb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't care about that.

SUP.

Don't care much about those "b-but reddit freddit' politics if you ask me. Stupidest thing to do is to annoy people for the websites they visit. So yeah we're allowed. I make strategy posts there and occasionally I lose my shit because I have a short fuse and people piss me off.

I don't wanna make the planet explode before its time with the nuclear power of a pure uncontained meta on top of the one I already have.

Allayi don't get ever enough love that's how I'm shilling so hard. When I came there everyone was like "whaa Allayi weakest faction" and the demographic was just 60% edgyboys playing Forgotten, 30% edgyboys playing Cultists and 10% edgyboys playing Broken Lords. They're all edgyboys.

By the way is the guy who did Ended Leg in here too?

What?

Allayi are shit and so is your taste

Go screw your necro monstergirls

It's just a guy on Reddit that tried to start a series of comic shorts with MSPain style à la Weaver.

imgur.com/gallery/cKQAF
imgur.com/a/k5iK3#ysdU5gG

Despite people not giving a fuck at the very second iteration I thought it was NICE someone made some efforts for something.

I never said anything about screwing, you fucking furry

>notnids
>best race

aaaaaa

Does anybody else think that the Morgawr and the Bhagaba might be related?

Hostile creatures should have advantage if being forced to assist instead of just stop attacking.
Something suggested to the GM is to give drakken players a much bigger knowledge of the world map than other players, at least most key locations.

The former are an endless experiment while the later happened naturally.

Ended are the coolest minor race.

You thought about it

Dude two-headed gnolls with ADHD

Jotus are fun

Ditto, Jotus is the minor faction I'd like to fuck the most.

>Dude two-headed gnolls with ADHD
best description

I feel like Drakken as a playable race should be split between drakkenlings, who'd be playable by default, and trueborn drakken, which would be a bit more restricted (same as if someone wants to play as a vampire or something in D&D).

Also, I'm not sure Diplomatic Pressure is something an individual character should have access to, ESPECIALLY the way it's written in that picture.

I thought about drakken as the type the drakken heroes are.
>Also, I'm not sure Diplomatic Pressure is something an individual character should have access to, ESPECIALLY the way it's written in that picture.
aye, maybe. I kinda felt that without it Drakken feel underwhelming. In the other hand, I have little experience with the game and probably don't know shit

The drakken hardly have things that would set an individual one apart from other draconic races.
Most of their aspects are about their society as a whole. Granting them the ability to fly past a certain age could do the trick.

Well, drakkenlings are fairly mundane, although pretty strong fighters and (relative to Drakken populations) fairly numerous. I'd give them some bonuses to physical stuff and maybe a bit of knowledge.

Trueborn drakken are flame-breathing, spell-slinging, sweep-attacking, flying combat monsters. They're overall pretty similiar to the average D&D dragon, although they don't get quite as strong with age as those do.

These are T3 units, called fucking Ancients

So, playing cultists but started nowhere near the coast. Is it even possible for me to get sea units other than transport ships so I can actually hold sea forts?

I...I swore I'd stay a serious person online user, especially that I have to keep telling people I like the Allayi for more than fuck. Please don't push me.

In whenever setting I make, I consider gnolls to be evolved hyenas with ADHD.

Thefore, I late made a character who also had actual ADHD, so he was basically a gnoll2 . Guy is a heavy metal rockstar and just can't stand in place.

EL was made to be NotD&D, to the blatantly annoying extent of having ridiculous "epic" weapon designs. Something I am not a fan of, neither was the NotRecycling of everything else from ogres to centaurs (how the hell do you justify centaurs). That's why I really liked the Allayi, on top of having kickass, original design you will not find the likes of in the industry.

>mfw Allayiposting is a thing

I have succeeded.

Hahahaha.

All you can every do is get those fortresses through pacification quests. And then you can't hold them against fomorians, unless your embarked units somehow can fight fire ships. I don't know however if that lets you buy mercs from there because I have never bought a merc unit in my life.

I find the Drakken fucking boring. Heroes are cool but personality-wise they're too much like the average smug scalie on FA.

Dudes, we gotta start thinking in terms of ACTUAL gameplay mechanics.

In the Aurigan world, for example, the most populous races would be Drakken and Broken Lords, because those play with huge populations, and Drakken has tall cities with lots of districts. The Allayi will be very few but they will have huge super-developped cities (I mean when I first saw them I assumed they had "future eco-tech by the way they looked like) with many garths and have some of the best warriors too.

Factions with the same starting bias will be neighbors.

Etc.

Hey, I remember this game. Got a quest from some spider tits, then got a shield made of cobwebs as a reward.
Played those dudes with crossbows and shields. Pretty cool

God I fucking hate Ceratan. They're ugly as shit.

BY THE WAY ALLAYI PLAYERS AND EVERYONE ELSE TOO

I forgot an important piece of knowledge.

All capitals have a Palace that gives a cool +22 Dust alright? But also, it gives no expansion penalty to the rest of your empire. You still expand more luxuries and more empire plan costs, but they don't affect the expansion penalty approval of your empire. As Allayi, you can use that to have a large empire, especially since you're a militaristic faction, but it won't turn districts into garths and it will make the quest harder when you need to blow 30 pearls per city.

AI makes terrible capitals, but human ones are probably very much worth it.

Dude, no. For a roleplaying game you have to think on an individual level, not empire levels. Empires are just backdrops that you move about in, your average player is not going to have that much interest in playing at statecraft and economics.

Besides, actual empires populated by individuals simply won't function the same way they do in-game. In the game your empire is bound to your will in a way that makes North Korea look like a hippie commune, even if their fluff indicates otherwise. Besides, why would you want to play in a perfectly regulated, grid-organized city-by-schematic? Shit's boring, flaws and irregularities is what makes stuff interesting.

You have to consider the game to be abstracted version of reality. Just like D&D.

>They're ugly as shit.
Well, they gave me a shield, that's what matters anyway.

Don't respond to that faggot, the autist can only think in hyperboles.

Of course, but different games require different abstractions. Complete legibility and loyalty in your empire is acceptable for a 4X game because no one wants the barons embezzling taxes without you knowing it, or border towns having notions of independence, or your cousin trying to dispute your claim to the throne.

In a roleplaying game, however, these are plot hooks.

Oh that one... Don't like it.

Do you want a slap

Also you expand a whole settler unit.

I'm willing to bet they're just using them as hosts for their new eggs.

Wait a second I'm going where I don't wanna go.

You know, I'm surprised I haven't seen much talk about ceratan and necrophage egg-laying. But then, I've been spending a lot of time talking to someone who's really into ovipositors, tentacles and impregnation, so maybe my perspective is skewed.

Let's go back double-gnolls with ADHD.

No laying eggs in the double-gnolls with ADHD.

the fuck do I do with The Sharing
"Share with willing animal" and steal its benefots from shifter subraces?

Do you think double-gnolls and mothbats make for extra warm and comfy gestation units? I do.

Now I'm kinda interested in doing a campaign where the players are a bunch of adventurers who've decided to be tunnel explorers. Big focus on stealth and traps, discovering ancient Endless artifacts, occationally meeting neutral/friendly enclaves of Vaulters, Delvers and Ceratan, Necrophages lurking around every corner...

I have no idea how it could possibly turn wrong!

Is all of this cool art in the game?

I've been looking at the game really hard for a few weeks now...

Well yeah. It's a game made without being cheap on artists. See what it does then? Good design and originality both in graphism and gameplay.

I KEEP SAYING IT.

>autistic redditor with anger issues
yeah, checks out

Uhm... Okay? I don't know what are your reasons to be so anal with me in particular but I'll pass on that bait.

A thought for the necrophages- we know that they use other races as both food and new hosts for eggs, but do we know anything about *how* parasitic they are- do the general necrophages mostly use the host body as is, with the larvae hatching inside and growing inside as the core, with carapacing and such growing as an extension, or are the corpses just food for the larvae and the necrophage appearance will always be the same- as looking at the two foragers look like they could be either a human who's gotten infested with bits of phage growing out from the inside, or it could just be how they look.

Fliers and proliferators are both likely different castes which grow into that state from birth, but Im not sure if foragers are just another caste or if the host species actually influences the phages appearance- as it would give a bit more variation to necrophage creations if it was true- infested minor faction units to give necrophage armies more variation in encounters, and leading to new things like the cult desperately paying anyone who can hold a sword to fight because the phages have killed and infested a roving clan city scarab to make a city-breaker form and it's heading right for their capital etc etc.

I'm telling you, please stop giving him (you)s

>we know that they use other races as new hosts for eggs
...Do we?

Quit samefagging for some low level b8

They are described as literally stealing the bodies of hosts. How much is kept depends on the host.

I don't think the Morgawr are an experiment. IIRC the Endless found them, but didn't understand them.

The Endless made/uplifted the Cultists, the Necrophages, the Craves and the Drakken.

They have to do something with all the corpses they take, and using live / dead bodies as incubation chambers and food is common in insects and parasites, which the necrophages fit the mould of.

Yeah, the question is how much is just food and how much structure is kept.

I'd keep Diplomatic Pressure but call it something else.

Instead of representing national diplomatic pressure, have it represent the Drakken using their superior reason and reputation as friendly dudes to sway people.

They are called precisely escaped endless lab specimens, of course they are

I'm saying it seems to vary between people. There's a difference between the hero you get and the proliferator units.

Christ the magical realm potential.

There's really something for everyone.

>superior reason and reputation
And size

>They are called precisely escaped endless lab specimens, of course they are
Doesn't mean they are created.

>I'm saying it seems to vary between people. There's a difference between the hero you get and the proliferator units.
The questline is about a guy that turns himself into a Necrophage

>There's really something for everyone.
Nyo-ho-ho.

Pretty sure the Morgawr were experimented ON, and the conclusions the Endless came to were 1. they only understand one thing about this life form and 2. what they understand is that this life form must be contained.

They weren't the product of experimentation.

You have never played Morgawr
>The Morgawr grew out of the laboratories of the Endless; the result of experiments whose success cannot be known as the original scientists left no discernible plans. Whatever sort of programming they were given by their Creators, it seems to drive them to radically evolve their society and their technology

The first sentence in their description, Endless made them, it can't be more obvious.

>that soundtrack

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fKHLH_e12o0

Sentinent plants are the best.

I like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=enNftYHBxwM

Holy shit that wind/brass instrument when the ships start taking off.

Bassoon maybe?

Huh, just checked the making of the Unfallen video. Didn't know Amplitude was French.

C'est interessant.

I'm seriously wavering. Is ES2 worth getting?

I wish there was a 3.P ruleset/campaign setting for Endless Legend. It's such an awesome world!

>there are people not worshipping the earth Amplitude walk on
You are Veeky Forums, GET SHIT DONE

It's from Amplitude, so yes, even if I didn't play it.

They paid the artists. Unheard of.

As opposed to the usual of, "let's make game to have money, what do the autists want these days, oh yeah more epik two-dimensional rehashing of tropes".

I'm probably the only one to understand my point but yeah.

I tried to make a custom Cultist class, I still have the draft somewhere.
Anybody want to join in? How can we work together? Google docs?

You can just share it in a pastebin and we can add to it

The thing is I'd rather have rules light systems.

And I'm not sure if I REALLY want to play an EL campaign.

I already have so much trouble getting into a campaign at all.

Sorry, but 3.P is the only system I know well enough to homebrew. Besides I like some crunch.
However, we could totally work together to create a consistent collection of all the lore! I think it would be especially interesting to research the "canon" geography of Auriga. Although in-game maps are randomly generated, the flavour text often hints at specific places, such as the Amber Plains.

>consistent collection of all the lore!
endlesslegend.gamepedia.com

Have you actually browsed that? It doesn't even have Morgawr or base game factions fully updated

Endless Legend wiki is such trash

>They paid the artists. Unheard of.

>As opposed to the usual of, "let's make game to have money, what do the autists want these days, oh yeah more epik two-dimensional rehashing of tropes".

Wut.

What does any of that have to do with them being French?

You can add things to it, though.

it's the autist, ignore him, his posting style is easy to identify

The wiki is woefully incomplete, especially regarding lore. I was thinking of something more concise and lore-oriented, like an adventure path player guide. Besides, we would need to extrapolate some information from mere hints, which would not be suitable for a canon wiki.

I'm talking about them being Amplitude.

I think we'll ignore you instead, user. Why are you so obsessed with me?

Are you from Reddit and did I hurt your feefees there or something?

Damn straight it is. I really don't have time to care of it, but I expected more of those who say they would.

>we
So, multiple personalities or just the latest moot? Only things I can think of that would justify that.

You're the one bringing my outside identity into this anonymous thread, attempting to derail it even when nobody's talking to you. What's the big idea? Come on, we're waiting for your reasons.

That's the first time I've posted in this thread. Good job. Consider a trip to make life easier.

Of course. "It's the autist guys it's the guy I'm obsessed about".

We believe you.

Now shut up because we're talking Veeky Forums here and you've outlived my attention span.

'No'.
Wow that was hard. Consider not dragging the thread down any further unless he was right and you are indeed a raging autist.

>Accuses others to drag down the thread
>Is dragging down the thread
ok

So, how about those Guardians? We haven't even mentioned them yet I think.

>[autistic screeching intensifies]
So, moving on, anyone play ardent mages or forgotten much? They never seem to get very much attention compared to vaulters, dosh lords, etc

Really? How hard can it be? Dragon-types. Even Demigod-types.

>I-I'm not a disruptive shithead see
Nigger it's the first time I post in this thread

>[autistic screeching intensifies rather than discussing game]

>describes himself

In the context of a PnP campaign I don't see them being that much beyond Really Big Boss Monsters. The kind of thing you race against time to stop a villain from awakening.

Are the guardians ever good in game? They always seemed like crazy overkill compared to drowning people in regular troops.

>describes himself

Well go and test them yourself.

Fuck's sake, you two. Just kiss already.

Nah. It's funnier to bait an autist.

I have. That's what I mean, it always seemed like it's much more effective to use conventional forces than giant expensive monsters that are another research choice each.

>describes himself
>nothing personel kid

huehuehue

Shut up with your petty arguing and tell me why exactly I should kill myself.

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HyYiuuklb