Best edition

Best edition

Prove me wrong

Glancing vehicles to death.

The line of sight system was kinda ass

I'm with OP here tho, it was the most balanced

Wasn't that 4ed?

What's that number on the skull?

4th was the first edition I played, but 5th is what I play at the moment, and is my favourite I play orks

Looking forward to 8th though, might finally update my edition.

>vindicator shot deviates above 24"
>the fucming explosive shell magically dissapear from reality and do not hurt anything behind becaise max range is 24"

Best Edition until next month

It was certainly the most fun. Nids and Orks were competitive. I honestly forgot how balanced it was compared to now. There was shit like jetbike seer council but other than that it was fine.

I liked 5th Edition best.

If you houserule hull points into 5th it's the most balanced.

You are like baby.

>Vehicles were a waste of points unless you managed to wipe an entire unit of TEQs on turn 1 before everything kills you
>Necrons were broken
>Nids were broken
>meta was spam 6 troops choices in 2000 pts games

i miss it. 5th edition really fucked the entire game. i was so mad that i quit 40k completely

what fucking game were you playing? definately not 4th ed 40k.
>>Vehicles were a waste of points unless you managed to wipe an entire unit of TEQs on turn 1 before everything kills you
fire prisms and falcons and wave serpents were incredibly durable and amazing at everything
>>Necrons were broken
no they werent
>>Nids were broken
only nidzilla lists. the list as a whole was fine.
>>meta was spam 6 troops choices in 2000 pts games
you have no idea what you are talking about.
there was lost of diversity in lists and play style.

Nids were so fucking fun to play against. Endless gaunts was a blast!

I only started playing in 5 and really liked it. I always heard 4th edition was a bit hero hammer with very powerfull characters, is that true?
And didn't chapter tactics exist back then to before ir was removed in 5th?

4th ed also had the best art inside the rulebook.

Thats only true because infantry were far less powerful, and challenges didnt exist. As such, a well kitted hero could cut through an infantry unit in a couple turns and take no damage because he had bodyguards.

This. So much.

I played Chaos Space Marines and I would take a different list to every game. There was so much to try out in those days ;_;

You can take your Age of Sighammer: 40,000 and shove it up your arse.

Should I trade my 3rd edition rules for 4th edition?

>tfw you splashed for the foil embossed hardback 4E rulebook with slip cover
>you regretted it when 5E was announced three and a half years later (for context 2E and 3E lived for more than five and six years respectively so it was the shortest edition turnover yet)
>less regret these days because 4th is still fucking baller and I'm seriously considering hosting a retro 40k night sometime

Too soon user. Too soon