>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races:
sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time on /5eg/ Do you want any older races to be adapted to 5E, new ones to be introduced or no more at all?

I actually have more problems rolling high stats and then feeling bad that if I want to do X or Y then I'll completely overshadow someone with poorer rolls who would no longer be the best at the only thing they're good at if I took a certain option.

Maybe if characters actually died more than once every real life year rolling for stats might be a bit more acceptable, but some people still try to apply it to multiple-year-long campaigns.

And anyway, varied stats barely even mean anything outside of game balance. It's just a +5% or -5% chance the DM tells you that you're successful. And there's not really much fun in that other than the same effect you'd have from giving two players loaded dice and one player a normal dice and telling them what dice they have.

Of course, you could build a character based on the stats you have, but rolling for stats in order is far better for that because otherwise point buy would be just as good for building a character outside of 'Oh, he's powerful' or 'Oh, he's a fucking peasant' which aren't really awfully interesting character traits, and you could do with point buy anyway.

If a vampire is reduced to 0 health in Moonbeam, does it die?

Repostan' from last thread.

>Kill, as in how often would you attack an unconscious player to kill them as an enemy, like if things got too bad for my party (couple unconscious, no good spell slots)

I mean it depends on what kind of game you're running. Are your players OK with dying? Is it a high lethality campaign? This sounds like borderline TPK territory, so if your players are OK with it then absolutely kill them. If they're not, maybe have them be saved by something and owe it a debt, or capture them so they can escape later. Certainly if half the party is down, and the other half isn't in good shape, then it would make sense to finish off some of the more dangerous members especially if there's healing.

>Do you want any older races to be adapted to 5E, new ones to be introduced or no more at all?
I wish we had more fey races. I am starting up a campaign, and want it to be fey creatures messing with the regular folks of the world. We just dont really have enough options to make a diverse party.

It would be extremely painful

I'd like to see mindshards.
Never played one and seems interesting.

>Do you want any older races to be adapted to 5E, new ones to be introduced or no more at all?

In terms of player races, I'm reasonably happy with the current selection. There's nothing I can really think of that I miss. I'd love to see Wemics, Ioxos and Ibixian.

If you want to fairly kill your players, don't use death save rules. Replace them with something such as a secondary health pool or something. In particular, though I'm still waiting to test it, I'd enjoy a system where the secondary health pool is hard to recover (Like vitality, I believe) and once it hits 0 you're fucked. There might be some debuff you get if you run out of normal health and start relying on your secondary health (So healing from 0 to 1 is still a good idea, but not absolutely critical) but you wouldn't go entirely unconscious.

So killing an unconscious player wouldn't be 'Oh, this particular monster kills downed players, you thought it was going to leave you alone, tough luck' or 'All monsters kill downed players instead of trying to down all players even though that might not be the best idea' along with 'You couldn't do shit because you were unconscious'. Instead you get 'You stayed to fight even though you were close to dying instead of playing dead or escaping or defending yourself, you got what you deserved.'

Death saves are supposed to be easy mode anyway.

So for normal 5e rules, I'd avoid killing players unless a monster sees them abusing healing to get up constantly or if the monster knows they'll do that or if there's some monster-specific reason like it heals from killing people.

For you

For you

I knew someone would say it.

Seriously though, would it?

My monsters kill downed players if the players show they have healing abilities because if they down someone they can get right back up

Is that all that really sets it apart? Generic fantasy + laser guns? I mean, I've watched Masters of the Universe and read the first John Carter of Mars book but that's about it.

If it fails it's save and is reduced to 0 hp while in the light, yes, it dies

Isn't that basically spelljammer or whatever?
Can't you just see how those run?

Not entirely sure what spelljammer is but thanks for the lead.

Fantastic. Thanks!

Something happened to me a bit ago, my level 3 players cast Tasha's laugh on a dragon and it failed the DC, they were not intended to slay the dragon (young green) but they did at level 3. Did I interpret the rules wrong or did they just cheese it?

I will not lie, I don't care how it's done but I want to be able to play a Satyr. This guy also has a good idea because Mindshards could be cool especially if they put them in Spelljammer or something.

I also want a bunch of furry races and ERP rules but thought I'd put that behind here to stop people getting triggered

Well as soon as they hit it the spellbreaks... So unless they killed it in one hit the best they could do is make it skip a turn.

I'm not too sure either, but I remember it being mentioned and it definitely has space travel while being D&D.

I don't think there's lasers and guns, but there's magical forms of interplanetary travel on ships.

>Well as soon as they hit it the spellbreaks
Nope, it has to make savings throws on damage, but it has advantage on the throw

So, how does this look?

Action Surge (2/Short Rest). X can take two actions this turn.

How did they do 136 damage without it making the Save? It has a +4 WIS Save so worst at that level with point buy it has to roll a 9 or higher on the die and most of those rolls have Advantage. What the hell's the party made of? How many are there?

Also if they somehow did do 136 damage without making the save then you have learnt a very important lesson. Sometimes you have to fudge the rolls for dramatic effect. Seriously for a first level spell I'd likely rule it makes the save after 1 turn after being incapacitated.

That's fighter's level 17 or 18 or whatever feature.

So, I don't know?

For a barbarian multiclassing with fighter, is it better to go Champion or Battlemaster? Usually I'd go Battlemaster but with all the advantage on attacks + Brutal Critical, Champ does tempt me

A well-built martial can do as much as 50 odd damage in a turn if they get lucky with their rolls.

Assuming a larger party of 5 or so, that's one spellcaster hitting it with laughter, then four martials lining up to wail on it. Say it fails the initial save and the following one, it's already lost almost a third of its health after two PC turns. I can see it happening.

For a creature? I'd make it recharge 5-6 instead. How many attacks does it have per turn?

Really both are good, but depends on your build and how many Short Rests you take. If you often get a bonus action Attack in I'd go Champion.

Well, for level 3 players, a paladin with PAM from variant human and using all their smites could get 2d8+2d8+1d10+3+1d4+3 in a turn, or a fighter with GWM could get 2d6+13+2d6+13 in a turn, though it's against AC 18.

Really, you'd have to assume everybody else is a GWM fighter using their action surge and somehow hits anyway.

Yeah, I'm Battlerager barb with the armour attack so I might just go Champ, ty

The main issue I see is if you send a 5 person party against any single enemy with full resources there's a solid chance of something like this happening.

I'm going to assume the original poster was running LMoP. Which people have to remember is balanced around WotC's adventure day which is like 6 encounters where people are burning resources. Of course the game isn't balanced around that.

Also the adventure doesn't do it but personally I'd give that Dragon Legendary Actions and Saves if I ran it again. A level 3 Dwarf can grapple the thing while Enlarged and it's pretty much fucked.

Once again any single monster needs something to help it out otherwise 1 spell can end it.

Yeah, this creature poached that ability from the fighter.

Really? Some other anons were saying recharging on a 5-6 was potentially too powerful.
It should have 3 melee attacks per turn, but it has a bunch of other actions it can do as well.

I'm not a usual DM so I'm probably not the best judge but if it's got 3 attacks then maybe make it a bigger recharge. like up to 7-8 or even just a flat 6.

Posting my shitty PHB Monk Revision.

Honestly instead I'd make it a special action surge that allows it to take an action that's anything aside from just a normal attack.

i.e. grapple, shove, take some sort of improvised action, soms special ability that wouldn't normally be used, an item...

Good points though, a flat 6 for the recharge would work quite well. Cheers brah.

Centaur and Grippli

not homebrewery/10

Not him, how would you make this?

Probably a legendary action except with only one legendary action point, so that the creature doesn't do all of its burst on one turn but instead over a round.

I'd love to see more races brought back and also new official races, though I imagine a lot of their availability should be subject to the setting the DM is using.

There's a couple third party books out there for that. I've also been working on a homebrew adapting a Labyrinth Lord supplement I found about cartoon animals going dungeon delving into 5e.

TL;DR: you fly through magic space on magic ships that run on magic chairs, gravity is fucked up, there's all sorts of crazy bullshit aliens/races (giant hippo people, giant space hamsters, monsters that manipulate gravity, etc).

I run a 5e version and its a blast

>>I've also been working on a homebrew adapting a Labyrinth Lord supplement I found about cartoon animals going dungeon delving into 5e.
That sounds amazing, don't suppose you could post it when you have something to show?

Sure, I've got a rough draft. It's a bit of a rollercoaster in terms of balance right now, but I wouldn't really know where to put it for critique.

I rolled 6 charisma and don't really want to do a completely socially inept character so is there a decent way of presenting a cursed person with a deformity of some kind that isn't played up to be cool or edgy because of it (and by edgy I mean wrapped up in bandages, wears a mask, has a glowing eye or some shit)

Like, do I go for slightly malformed skull / acid burn victim aesthetic that townspeople genuinely find revolting? Any other ideas?

>short sword and long sword proficiency
>option between short sword and long sword
>all weapon proficiencies granted through the monk class can use dex instead of strength.
Are you retarded?

Did you also make the UA mystic?

>wearing bandages and a mask is edgy

Nigga...

By standard, those things wouldn't give you a low charisma. They'd just make you less likable to humans.

I mean, why would a goblin care how deformed you are?

Still, you could probably get away with being horribly deformed instead if your DM allows it.

Your only other options are avoiding the stat entirely, finding a way to neutralize the stat (magic items and such) or playing really hard on one of charisma's details while keeping the rest normal (Such as, incredibly weak willpower, complete pushover, but is otherwise okay-ish socially)

You could have been cursed like Cassandra, nobody believes you

Up to D and these all seem good so far. I'll use them if I can get my Armello game going and no one's willing to play with Ironclaw, thanks user.

What are some good clues for an investigation?

>mutilated corpses in the streets
>it's done by a werewolf
>needs to misdirect to a couple of werewolves who run the local shipping/smuggling company (one of them has distinctive red fur/hair)
>actually perpetrated by a white werewolf trying to set them up, the owner of the local tavern

I need something that indicates it's werewolves, and something to point the party in the direction of the shipping company, but I don't want to make it too basic.

I mean, I can run with "low-to-mid investigation roll reveals red hairs and a receipt from the docks" sprinkled in with some red herrings, and "high investigation roll reveals some white fur" but it feels too straightforward.

They don't know any of these people are werewolves, either.

Yeah, I tried to negate it best I could with proficiency but yeah, you got a good point about other races.

Not a bad idea, I might look at more curses from mythology to plagiarise. Ty

The corpse is holding a holy symbol

Nature DC 10 shows dog bites.
Nature DC 15 shows wolf bites.
Religion/Arcana DC 10 hints at something unnatural.

I suppose you can make it so they're rather emtionless, actually, and also really bad at lying tying in with that. The lack of charisma is lack of obvious personality.

I dig it and will include it. The question is then how to lead them onto places to actually check out, without giving the game away.

I've always just gone for Investigation and given more detail depending on the result. How best to introduce investigating with other skills like this?

>I need something that indicates it's werewolves

>There's a spike in violence every month or so (no one has associated it with the full moon)
>The local kennel master is trying to drown his sorrows, because all his hounds have gone wild and sour on the house lord
>The local tavern owner doesn't take silver pieces. If the players try to pay with anything other than copper or gold, he just smiles and comps them the meal for no reason. Says "sorry guys, with all the attacks, times are tough. Can't break the change"

You have to be a bit careful with overdoing it, as generally it's a lot harder for a group of players to have the push and motivation to go through every single possible clue and remember everything there could be in town and check everything while also considering the information they have could be false.

You need extra things, clues such as making the players think 'Why would these people want to do this? Something's odd.'

link to conversion / rules / setting for 5e?

>The local tavern owner doesn't take silver pieces. If the players try to pay with anything other than copper or gold, he just smiles and comps them the meal for no reason. Says "sorry guys, with all the attacks, times are tough. Can't break the change"

I've actually got a ban on silver throughout the kingdom (it's an island). One of the things I've put in place is that they can go to the local authorities and ask why it's banned, and find that it's not actually a law, just that the shipping company refuse to import it.

But I don't know how likely they are to pick that up, as that's been in place since before they got to the investigation itself.

Yeah, I'm looking to offer a number of potential leads that can point them in roughly the same direction, but without making it too obvious or too weak.

Investigation DC 10 shows an animal attack and red fur scattered on the ground.
Investigation DC 15 shows an animal attack, red fur on the ground and the fact that is a silver holy symbol.
Investigation DC 20 shows an animal attack, red fur on the ground, the fact that is a silver holy symbol and some white fur caught in the bloody nails of the victim's clutching hand.

Kill yourself you furry degenerate fuck.

Level 1 hunter spells? Hunters Mark and Beast Bond probably won't be great as a beastmaster because I only get one attack and we use flanking rules

Also
>literally infinite flight at level 13
What the fuck are you doing.

I'll consider it, I think it'll be hard for me to roleplay but might be the way forward idk

Dragon Sorcerrer gets this with almost the same wording only one level later.
Flight speed is removed if you voluntarily end it as a bonus action , take a rest or are incapacitated/unconcious.

It should be easy. It's just very robotic.

It explains proficiency in intimdation+persuasion (Both persuading in a way) and no proficiency in intimidation/performance (Requires more character to it)

Also explains weakness to cha saves - Banishment and the like, just 'Eh, okay' and being banished rather than massive force of will anime bullshit.

Source, maps and descriptions for evil/spooky insane asylum?

>Flight speed is removed if you voluntarily end it as a bonus action , take a rest or are incapacitated/unconcious.
And you presumably get it again. And monks shouldn't be flying you dumbfuck.

No wait, you dont. You just lose it.

Holy shit, the thrash can is too good for this.

Go fuck your self.
Monks can allready drop from outer space and survive.
No need to be a spreg about a class that focuses on melee combat getting flight at half their movement speed.

>Monks shouldn't be flying
>Monk of the 4 elements
>Spend 3 ki points to cast Fly on yourself

Well, I guess.

Playing a Tiefling Awakened Mystic will I have enough damage dealing ability to look after myself?

Taking Nomad and Awakened Disciplines only.

Oath of the Ancients Paladin/Black Blade Archfey Warlock, y/n?

I guess.
Psychic Assault should have you covered.
Nomadic Step can keep you alive, but won't cause damage.

With those limitations, just focus on Psychic Assault and use a Talent for most of the battle.
Burn points for guaranteed damage when appropriate.

You could use Nomadic Arrow to "smite", but that would be all.

Come on they might take a little bit of damage. 20 at level 20.

Any other class can also drop from outer space and survive.

Thing is, the idea is not all monks should be flying everywhere. That's like making everybody air element monks, even if they're not air element monks. It's a feature that should be reserved for an improved WOT4E monk.

There are plenty of flight features in classes, but they're all tied to archetypes instead of an entire class. Or options for wildshape or spells.

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse but man, HotDQ/RoT is truly garbage. The only thing I can qualify it for doing alright are some of the dungeon setups.

That maze makes no sense to me, either it's an antimagic field or a wizard could just fly over

It looks neat

I'll give it that

Absorb Elements can be nifty in the right situation.

Ensaring Strike can be annoying for enemies.

Are trees a non-magical plant that impair movement

I don't see how a tree could impair movement unless you're flying through the branches.

How often do DMs just jack dungeons from other adventures and insert them into their own game with the numbers filed off?

I'm thinking of just stealing Wave Echo Cave from LMoP, I'm hoping no one has actually played that adventure though.

Can you walk through trees?

Yes, it can be used for that.

You can walk around them. Trees can't grow right next to each other.

Wave echo cave is fucking baller, just change the enemies in it.
I've copied dungeons this way and only after telling the players did they realize that it was the same dungeon layout as one they had played before.
Good GM's create, Great GM's steal

Probably not a bad idea, you are the DM if you don't have time to make dungeons you don't have to.

Dungeon building, enemy creation, and visuals are what get me to DM so that's my thing.

>How often do DMs just jack dungeons from other adventures
All the time. It's extremely common.

Traps that activate when something tries to fly over, like AA guns, except it's lightning bolts and fuck you flying through the air.

I once had 30 minutes to prep. I took a random AL adventure and skimmed it and then some shit happened that needed me to expand it because my players enjoy surrendering. I took Wave Echo Cave and just changed a room into a prison cell with more humanoid enemies.

Session went pretty well.

I never thought of using it for that, doesn't it seem a little weird? Do we have any confirmation about it?

What feature is this? I thought it might've been tree stride or land stride, but neither have this wording.

Land's Stride from Land Druid I think.

"You can also pass through nonmagical plants without being slowed by them." Seems close but he may be talking about something else.

Oh, on second thought, a tree that's used to entangle you through magic is part of land's stride as 'manipulated to impede movement'

If a tree's roots are grown around you through that spell, you could just walk right through it. You couldn't walk through the tree if the tree wasn't magically manipulated, however.

Yeah. The 'slowed' is the key part on it, because a tree doesn't slow your movement, it prevents you from even attempting to move through it, which isn't really 'slowing'. However, both being stopped from moving through it and being slowed would be 'impeding your movement'.

Thats fine. Thats not the issue.

But anyway; It doesn't matter, because yiu activate it, lose it if you go unconscious or rest, and literally never get it back again.
Homebrew/10

Had an idea this morning for a roll all the dice generator. Grabbed the approaches from Fate Accelerated since I wasn't sure what I could do for the d6 otherwise, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it.