/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

Waiting for more 2E Edition, edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q
>>Chuck's Eclipse Phase Wiki
eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>Pastebin containing community content
pastebin.com/z0ZNvYeA

Previous Thread:

The current playtest release, for anybody who still doesn't have it.

>retarded autogynephile with a side cut on the fucking cover
shit phase you outdo yourself

>Waaaahhhh! Weird punk fashion triggers my weak fee fees!!!
Do you need a safe space?

What do you think of the Pool system for dice-rolling? Feels too gimmicky to understand how it'd work in-game.

Transitioning from 1 to 2, it's a bit weird - Flex still does all the same stuff as Moxie for instance, but then you also have a lot of other mechanical effects bundled into the new systems. I personally really need to see the whole of CC and look at how big these pools are/can get before I have some collected thoughts. On it's own it doesn't seem to unusual, other than maybe you have to learn a couple of extra things to track - but I doubt it'll be more of a hassle than dealing with say, a pile of combatants all with different speeds, or modding nearly every skill to resleeve.

I kind of like how it makes basically four very high-level archetypes between the four pools, a very clear guidance to players who know nothing about the game.

I used a similar system though it was more narrative in nature. Pool points allowed a certain success for a number of skill applications that character was good at. It worked ok. But they restored not on rest but between scenes.

EP variant seems a little too restrictive and overcomplicated without any need to be so.

Honestly, I think they probably would go with "scenes", but apparently in playtesting they've found it's actually pretty easy to get your points back - hence the current long/short rest scheme.

No idea what to think, since Bobby and Adam won't let us see the complete rules.

How should I stat an Iktomi?

Same as a corpse, but with a different physical description.

On a more serious note, just tone down the Kumobots to organic levels of power, and you probably have a close analog.

By killing yourself, since the quickest way to ruin the mystery of a dead alien race is to give it stats and present one in full view of the players.

So has anyone else been playing this game about being an async on a Jovian research station?

REMOVE TYPHON

Which pregen group do you want to see: Outer System Firewall, Criminals, or Gatecrashers?

Crime, definitely.

You are the one that's triggered here.

More sentinels

Anyone else worried that 2nd Ed. will be shit? Eclipse Phase is a bit of a kitchen sink and most of the writing for the setting is shit; the strongest point was the ruleset itself, a familiar-but-different system that allowed you to do your own thing and largely disregard the shittier parts.

The highlights, such as simplified character creation, condensed skills and 'streamlined resleeve process' ranges from potentially detrimental to fucking awful, and I couldn't give a shit about the resleeve process, because nine times out of ten, resleeving is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game, and could be handwaved as an mentally ardous narrative element.

Hah, just finished that amazing piece of shit. Great, great game, and it made me actually want to play a "nearer-future" Eclipse Phase game inspired more by Shadowrun, set on a space station.

It's not weird, it's just SocJus-edgy. If this was just one small facet of the setting, it would be fine, because these people not existing in the setting would be silly. But this oh how weird is like 90% of the setting.

>the strongest point was the ruleset itself

I agree that EP 2 will probably be shit, but you're crazy if you think the best part of EP 1 was the rules