Tau vs Jedi

So...How long would a force user last against tau in a duel? in a team fight?

P.S. Not a tau fan, just wanted a fair fight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=thp-jvY6OFM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WS 2 vs Jedi who's trained to deflect lasers with a sword.

>duel
Jedi force-disarms him and cuts him in half, winning

>team fight
See above, only with more disarmings

I miss him

Yeah would have used orks but remembered - jedi have no armor or ways to stop bullet

Yeah - too bad he can't get close enough XD

What equipment do they get?

Jedi - lightsaber and robes

Tau - usual armor and rail rifle (or other weapon of choice)

>what is force kick

What are the conditions of the duel?

I'm amazed how badass they look with their helmet on, but how ridiculous when you can see their faces.

I think the average Fire Warrior would have a good chance.

Jango managed to grease a Jedi master with a pistol at close range.

I don't think Tau have space magic so I'm going with Jedi

more appropriate fight if they fight the Eldar

Vairios - on an open field, on a ship and in a city

Kais would kick his ass m8.

Eldar space magic is too powerful to be compared with jedi (And they wear armor)

Eldar space magic gotten nerf'd by the "I don't want my soul to be eaten by space /d/mon god" factor of their race.

Whereas Jedi space magic can be as powerful as the plot demands

This all depends on a bunch of things. Most importantly skill levels. Then for the jedi if legends stuff is available or not what era they are from

Khorne blessed people don't count

Depends on how good the jedi with the force. Experienced jedis would easily win over normal orks and probably most nobs. Just yank the weapon away and be done with it.

Yes, but I don't think jedi are smart enough to do it...I never saw it anywhere in cannon

Than take a sith. He will just crump the ork together with the weapon. Other orks will appreciate it. Maybe even applaud a little.

Nah...Don't want to kill only good guys SW have

well, unless your face itself has a weapon, it's kind of the same for everyone.

The opening move of Eldar in a fight when they're using psychic power is to throw a psychic dagger that impales the soul of the target and instantly kills them.

The opening move of a Jedi OR Sith is to use a force push attack that will only cause non-fatal injuries unless standing close to a cliff.

Was he actually blessed by Khorne? It's been over a decade since I've read the novel.

And this is why I though it would not be a fair fight

In a fight the Tau would die pretty quickly.
If not on a direct fight they could just execute Order 66 from a few kilometers away.

That is, unless the Jedi did not join the Greater Good.

I just think blueberries are funny looking

>ways to stop bullet
They're even better against bullets than energy weapons. They don't even need to use their lightsaber, they just create TK fields to stop the projectiles in mid-air (done against shrapnel, at least, but the principal is the same). They can also redirect rocket attacks back into your face, too. That shit's canon.

At least being able to fuck with energy weapons without a sword seems, thus far, strictly limited to Vader and his bitch grandson.

A little lower level is blocking energy attacks with bare hands but it is a standard jedi technique though an advanced one.

If you mean like catching a saber blade with a bare hand that isn't canon. Why would canon matter? It prevents Luke and the Emperor from just creating black holes and Force Storms respectively to swallow Tau worlds.

>baitfish.jpg with kylo's lightsaber instead of a hook

A Warlock would kick seven kinds of shit out a Jedi.

The Jedi seem like they'd be pretty at home with the Greater Good. A caste system full of productive and more-or-less well-intentioned civilians?

>appropiate
A jedi couldn't do shit against an Eldar Warlock or Farseer

any psyker would though. A wardian hypermarine (an ultra-ultramarine) aka a Grey Knight would be a jedis (k)nightmare. Thick armor, equal or greater "magic" powers and weapons the lightsaber can only frightfully stare at and retract in fear. (I don't play GK before you ask)

Yeah.
Unless there is some misunderstanding I don't think they would fight eachother ... maybe the Farsight guys could consider Force users to have Warp taint and order them killed, but other than that the Greater Good would most likely deal peacefuly wth the Jedi.

Erm, Yoda used this Force power to stop Palpatine's lightning. In the films.

>something only Yoda was seen to do
>standard jedi technique
Dude, at best energy saber blocks are standard but then it's that way whether against lightning or blaster bolts. And Yoda is goddamn Yoda. He's not the standard, he's so far above the standard it isn't even funny.

Just check the listings for practitioners of Tutaminis. There is many of them.

Now we're back to non-canon and you might as well just send Darth Nihilus in to suck all the life out of Tau worlds and call it a day.

This guy is a Jedi master.
>youtube.com/watch?v=thp-jvY6OFM
The average Jedi must be dogshit.
I can only give it to the Tau.

No, he wasn't blessed by Khorne. Cunts who can't read started that meme.

During the final fight he was fighting a giant Bloodthirster. Because Kais was ducking around cover blowing up Chaos shrines, the Thirster used its aura to infect Kais's mind with rage and draw him out of cover so that it can beat on him and torture him.

Jango wasn't just any random soldier though, he was arguably the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. And later on he still got greased just as easily him self by some other Jedi. Also Jedi title of Master seems to be given out pretty free and focuses more on their adherence to the tenets of the Jedi order rather than their ability to fight.

>Jango wasn't just any random soldier though,

He didn't kill him in a particularly impressive way either though. I think a Fire Warrior could manage to squeeze off four shots.

>And later on he still got greased just as easily him self by some other Jedi.

He did, but not by an average one. Obviously a Jedi can be quite impressive, but the average must be less than the minimum required for a master. Even assuming the Jedi jango killed was the weakest of masters, he'd still be stronger than the Jedi average.

>He didn't kill him in a particularly impressive way either though.
Honestly I think that's more of a symptom of the chronic bad cinematography and poor fight choreographing that has plagued the films (especially the prequels) rather than a representation of how powerful force users are supposed to be. Unfortunately Disney de-canonized all the stuff where they were actually shown to be bad-ass.

Context seems important here. If you're going after an ex-Jedi Master gone dark and hope that you can end the fight in an instant and stop all the death around you, yeah, you might neglect the gunslinger who would seem like the lesser threat.

Still went out like a punk bitch.

Could a Space Marine Chapter take YorHa in a fist fight in a pub carpark?

Broken bottles and keys-between-fingers are allowed.

maybe,

yorha are stronger and faster, but so long as the marine is wearing armor he's actually a lot tougher

YorHa units are constantly killed by each other or smaller machine lifeforms. Fighting a space marine for them is probably close to fighting Adam and Eve.

>YorHa units are constantly killed by each other or smaller machine lifeforms
To be fair, so are Space Marines.

Sith's opening move is fucking lightning

though I guess that isn't all that special for psykers

How does jango measure up when compared to a imperial assassin?

Is he really a jedi master? If so yeah, the Tau win with ease.

I think the tau would do pretty well against the Jedi.

I would rank Tau at the level of clone troopers and those hover droids with lasers as super battle droids (similar rate of fire, but I guess the Tau droids have more destructive shots).

wookiepedia (star wars wikipedia) claims that 10k Jedi existed before order 66 and that really isn't all that much.

With the low number of Jedi and the Tau's ability to just build more droids to fight them it's clear that the Tau would win the war. Unless the Jedi mind-trick high-ranking individuals (which probably doesn't work on Ethereals or high-ranking members of the other castes). I really don't see a way for the Jedis to win.

When it comes to numbers everyone in SW is fucked when compared to most things in 40k