EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Lifeforce Kill Sat Edition

Previous Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
Besides Oloro and Sydri, what do you figure is the best application of Aetherflux Reservoir in Commander?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/and-all-seem-to-owe-him-favors/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-rakdos-tax-collector/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Besides Oloro and Sydri, what do you figure is the best application of Aetherflux Reservoir in Commander?
Kambal

>Besides Oloro and Sydri, what do you figure is the best application of Aetherflux Reservoir in Commander?
Storm deck(s).

Also that Gather the Townsfolk is still there for some reason, should remove it.

Yidris

It's pretty good in Brago with the Soul Warden-type card effects

Threadly remind that this insecure sperg KNOWS YOU'RE HERE BRYAN AND YOU STILL AREN'T ALLOWED BACK IN HIS HOUSE.

Role call!

"You're a doormat and a douche" user reporting in.

So I am taking my new Tasigur to edh tonight. It was originally Mogis with lots of pain effects then it turned into nekusar adding control and wheel effects. that became Dralnu control but the deck was too slow and had few anwsers to enchantments so I turned it into tasigur. has this happened to anyone else? the slow shift from one deck to something completely different?

lore_intensifies.swg

"Fucking Goon" guy standing by

Kalemne, Sitter of Faces standing by to shitpost

BRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAN

speaking of Kambal, r8 my budget list
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/and-all-seem-to-owe-him-favors/

Are you packing tooth and nail? With palinchron and deadeye? If not, shame on you.

I keep all my decklists and just recycle the same cards for most of my decks

They turn into new shit often

>tfw Kalemne is obsoleted by Dindu

I am actually but the main wincon seems to be ramp hard then tutor for doomsday and win through maniac.

I'll still play her, don't even care. Samut doesn't let me play terrible Evoke cards.

Unnecessary line breaks and lack of punctuation guy

Reporting in

I cri everytiem

But you know the face-sitter is also a Kween

Aetherflux Reservoir (kek)
Felidar Sovereign
Test of Endurance

Atta boy!

delete this

Galko titty mousepad user standing by (as long as I get new mail at least) :^)

Obvious baiting shitposter here.
Please don't start this shit again, we all know bryan and his friend are fags.

I'm aware of all those cards but I'm more inclined towards killing people through draining than by simply accumulating life.
Although blowing up people with Reservoir is tempting and I'm still pondering whether I should run it or not. I'll probably add it.

Fuck you, that still annoys me. Glad to see you're still here though.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/and-all-seem-to-owe-him-favors/

I'd swap Banishing Light for Cast Out or Darksteel Mutation depending on your meta.

Some cards you might like that are budget:
- Aetherflux Reservoir
- Archangel of Tithes
- Authority of the Consuls
- Black Sun's Zenith
- Divinity of Pride
- Felidar Sovereign (depending on how cheeky you wanna be)
- Karlov of the Ghost Council
- Kothophed, Soul Hoarder
- Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
- Polluted Bomb
- Souls of the Faultless
- Sword of the Animist
- Terminus
- Tymna the Weaver

Those are just off the top of my head and high on his EDHREC page. All but one are under $5 I believe.

If we keep shaming him maybe he'll take the hint he's not welcome. Plus this wellspring of lore hasn't run dry yet.

>being a dick to a guy will convince him to leave

Sounds like projection

Polluted Bonds and Souls of the Faultless are already in there.
I completely forgot about Divinity of Pride!
I was already aware of Kothophed but didn't think much of him, reading him again now made me reconsider. I'll think about it. Thanks for the recs.

Spellslinger in general is great with it. Easily tutorable and can save your ass and provide a wincon.

So far we have:
"You're a douche and a doormat"/only retards do unnecessary spacing between lines user
Unnecessary spacing between lines and lack of punctuation user
Fucking goon user
"Projecting" user
BRYAN user
Obvious bait shitposter user
Kalemne, Sitter of Faces user

Still awaiting Galvanic Autogenerator user, POST 'EM user, music user, and a few assorted others.

I'd take the reservoir anyway, especially if you can fit in ways of making it give you life back to go infinite.

Projecting user and bryan user are the same person

Bryan reporting in

*slams door at your face*

STOP TARGETING ME REEEEEEE

Hey do I count?

Ignored deck poster here

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-rakdos-tax-collector/

My group is pretty casual and chill, I'd rather not run any infinite combos. But yeah I'm adding Reservoir since it sounds like a great win condition.

I ONLY HAVE A SHEOLDRED OUT WHY ARE YOU USING LAND DESTRUCTION

Lurker user here.

You're a tripfag, so you can't be an user.

Polluted Bonds
Citadel of Pain
Manabarbs

I once oneshotted five different players at the same time with it in a Trostani deck.

Melek combofag reporting in.

Figured it that much.

When was the last time y'all played a game? I'm starving for a 1v1 at least, it's been over a month already.

That's the dream. Kill Sat the table all at once.

Is manabarbs actually that good to warrant running? I always saw it as being more of a jank shitbrew than something playable. Bonds and citadel are good though so I'll buy them

Quick update:
removed Cage of Hands, Marchesa's Decree and Killing Wave and added Aetherflux Reservoir, Divinity of Pride and Darksteel Mutation.

It's been a few months because I was away at uni so I couldn't meet up with my group. The LGS in town near my college sucks.

On its own, it taxes people for playing the game, which is what your deck seems to do from my glimpse at your list. With Citadel as well, it creates a universal clock.

Alright then I'll give it a try, got any ideas on what I could swap out?

it seems ignorable at first glance but the damage stacks up quickly if people forget about it

How do you combo out when artifacts are on the top instead of Instants/Sorcs?

Selvala + Paradox engine Storm is insane. Love killing ppl with Aetherflux.

It's my favourite win condition in the deck by far. Trostani is very good at generating huge amounts of life but actually winning can be hard if there are too many wraths going around. And Felidar Sovereign, Resistence and Stormfront require a turn after you cast them to win the game.

Aetherflux either win you the game instantly as it resolves or put the game into a mexican standoff situation where no one player can do anything to you without you being able to kill them in response.

By casting them

I'm no expert, but I don't think much of Bituminous Blast, Murder or Vial Smasher in this list.

>Obvious bait shitposter user
You realize that this describes literally everyone on this general? and on this site

Vial Smasher is in there for support to kaervek for when I cast some big spell to get potential double dmg. Blast and murder were part of a yidris deck that I took apart for being total shit, I guess those 2 will be the first to go

Artifacts+Engine are just one wincon, but they also help me ramp into the others. There's nothing sweeter than putting a Whir on top with Brainstorm or Rack and double casting it to grab Paradox Engine and Gilded Lotus. The most common win I find myself going for is Paradox Engine and Capsize, but a fat Mizzix's Mastery fueled by Dack and Jace, Vryn's Prodigy with Bone Wand on the field works just as well. I'm playing enough library manipulation and every fetch I can so I can usually shuffle away cards on top I don't need.
Excuse the potato picture, packed up my desk lamp for moving so the light is awful.

I think its more like we got 20% people being serious, 10% just fucking with everyone, and 70% trying to figure out what is going on

Eastern Europe LGS guy reporting in.

I ain't gonna leave just cause all of you are butthurt about me treating an asshole like scum. Guaranteed I would kick your asses in any commander game anytime.

Going by the decks you posted last thread, not likely. An asshole is still an asshole, even if the other guy is also an asshole, user.

Because people around here take obvious bait so easily I'll point out the obvious. This is bait. Do not reply.

It's fun BECAUSE it's obvious as fuck.

If it wasn't every general, sure the last 50ish posts of the previous general were shitposting of this exact flavour. I'm all for laughing at that faggot's autism but can we let this thread blossom a bit before we let it wither?

I don't wanna win.
I don't want anyone to win, and for the game to be fair.
Should I make an Oloro control deck? But only counter/remove unfair cards that timmy (me) want banned?

>it's fun to act retarded in spite of other people acting retarded
How many levels of irony are you on right now?

>didn't shill for mcm.eu

I smell an imposter.

Better or worse than regular MLD?

Gets around indesctructible but is harder to break the symmetry. Upsides and downsides.

Also still waiting for "What I built/What I expected/What I got" Nebuchadnezzar user

Better against Avacyn, worse against Sigarda

For those interested in seeing Bryan's Will, the Akiri/Kydele land destruction salt mining deck.

deck dot tk/1QZI6JAa

Have played 3 rounds online already and haven't lost yet. Shit is dirty. Also two people have rage quit immediately following their losses. The salt is real. I've won with Akiri commander damage each game.

Having Tamiyo's Journal out with Akiri is fucking silly.

>Pros
-Sac gets around indestructible effects
-Easy to reanimate or Feldon into play
-3/3 body can polish off the game if your opponent doesn't recover
-Leaves the rest of the board, so your Crucible lives
>Cons
-Leaves 3 lands
-3 lands is enough to cast spells under Trinisphere
-Harder to break symmetry than just making your lands indestructible
-Leaves the rest of the board, your opponents Crucible lives

Add Wound Reflection. With that down, Kambal is a fucking beast. Combined with Gray Merchant of Asphodel, you can off the whole table at once.

So, who else would be likely 10k+ richer if he didn't open his deck?

A friend of mine was a thief and stole every magic card pack in the city, then gave them to me because he was caught once and couldn't keep them at his home

This was in 1994, so mostly alpha and beta, a few hundred packs worth. I traded a lotus for a bunch of stompies. Including leviathan

Fuck kid me

Legendary Ancient OP reporting in.

I've only ever seen this played when it was Tooth and Nailed for with an It Tha Betrays. After that I honestly would have just preferred an infinite combo

It's what you get for stolen goods.

If you were to approve a new commander ruleset that allows for 'walkers to be used as commanders would you give the thumbs up? If so how woul this change the banlist?

>every single planeswalker banned
>glorious paragon format
Don't ask stupid questions user, there is no way a re-castable planeswalker as a commander is ever balanced EVER.

I wouldn't support this, that being said I would probably play Tezzeret the Seeker as a artifact stax list.

I didn't steal anything, they were GIFTED to me.

I'd say you should be herded and executed along with all the other dual and tiny commander faggots.

That's still a crime, man. You had knowledge that they were stolen goods. You're an accessory.

Show up on the doll where the Teferi emblemed you

Dack Izzet artifice YIKES.

It would need some bans from the get go like maybe Sorin Markov or Mind Sculptor or Bant Tamiyo.

Like 7, my dude. You?

An accessory to thievery and not turning in the thief. 40 years in the cube, freak I'm not good at dreddposting pls no bully

Planeswalkers as commanders is way too messy. Even when they tried to design planeswalkers specifically for that purpose they fucked up and one goes infinite with a one card combo.

Thumbs down the whole thing.

i didn't know, i was a 8 years old retard.

I had a full shoebox of them, if i found it i could probably do a pretty mint still.

Snow mountains are valuable, yes?

Nah.

>two people have rage quit immediately following their losses

Did they actually rage or does simply leaving the game count as a rage quitting to you?

>Alpha/beta
>AND ice age
>Stolen at the same time

Lol, stop giving him (you)s, he is just lying on the internet for attention. How sad.

They were grumpy so yeah.

While not the cheapest of cards, I find Painful Quandary to be an excellent enchantment for Kambal. Your opponents practically have to stop casting entirely or get their heart ripped out.