/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Feelin' Pretty Edition: how often do you give monsters "Humanizing" traits? Like an interest in jewelry or poetry?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1Uz4luyrGQPGECrW20K3x3lstkRQNpTXYzeWewbla6lQ/edit#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I should use intelligent monsters more often.

To other GMs out there, take a page from Jackie Chan movies. Always do your best to include an enemy the party can talk smack to. You'd be surprised how fast and focused the players become when an enemy makes a 'Yo Hive Momma' joke at them

There are no "monsters" in my settings. Only races, or animals.

Humans are a minority in the great world of more or less civilized creatures.

Harpies should not be cute, they're miserable ugly hags that shit on your food!

How do you build him?

>thinking my setting should be everyone's setting

To Buildposter,

#
I think the Investigation angle would be the best.

Was the world always like this?

Did we all wake up here one day?

Is there a Dungeon or Tower reaching to the depths/heavens?

Chug an energy drink and think of some extra twists. Maybe we're shrunk and surviving in there, or maybe the Giants wanted to test something out and set the place up.

I'm usually not impressed by art, but that is an uncharacteristically adorable Harpy.

By asking your GM if you can be a cancerous meme that has 20 fast healing.

Unchained Rogue

Regenerate, not fast healing.

Thanks for the tips. I definitely want an under-dark like thing, but I haven't thought about the history at all. That will need fleshed out.

any tips on resolving the planes or outsiders?

I it possible to grapple+pin someone in one standard action?

One full action?

'sup /pfg/

Wondering if any of you has any tips or reference to a book/manual a DM might read in order to create more interesting encounters.

By interesting I mean dynamic ; something more than enemy party composition, like terrain and elements that may make players think "Mmh, we should try using this to our advantage" instead of "I side-step and full attack".

>Outsiders
They can obviously get inside if they really want to, but I'd say it should be for a definite purpose. It isn't a place you accidentally find yourself in.

>Plane
This depends on what you want to do with the setting. It's extraneous until you decide what kind of quest you want to run

Check out the 3.5 Book of Challenges.

What do you think about adventurers guilds? I've asked around and most people say "don't", but I wanted to see if anyone has made it work.

Just started a game that includes one for setting purposes.
>demi-human races engaged in war with roman empire-esque hobgoblins (we're losing)
>demi-human league begins draft
>exceptions made for people who are members of a guild (craft guild, merchant guild, etc)
>adventures guild founded because of rising need for skilled fighters to handle monster threats while nation's army is engaged.

Thanks!

Good thing I have it for some reason, now I've a good excuse to read it.

I don't consider "adventurer" an actual profession.

How about sword-for-hire or professional troubleshooter?

What's a good gestalt with Warlord/Landsknecht? STR build because we aren't disgusting.

Well that's different.

But "adventure" simply means you're out of home mucking about. You must have reasons beyond that. You are an adventurer as a state of things, but your profession can still be alchemist or whatnot.

Oracle with one of the Cha-to-AC mysteries

I made a DoT/Combo-based Discipline. After some very good criticism last thread I've done some sweeping nerfs changes.

Any feedback even unconstructive would be very welcome. I'll probably regret it but I enabled comments.

>docs.google.com/document/d/1Uz4luyrGQPGECrW20K3x3lstkRQNpTXYzeWewbla6lQ/edit#

Reminder:

>Aida x Essa: Unshackled Love
>Aida x Orlan: Venus In Furs
>Aida x Shanan: Desert Cat Corners Street Rat

>Gamze x Essa: Like Rabbits
>Gamze x Orlan: A Lady and Her Knight
>Gamze x Shanan: The Princess and the Pauper

>Iolanthe x Essa: "Hey kid, wanna /uu/?"
>Iolanthe x Orlan: Donna Quixote and Ivan Pancho's Totally Bogus Journey
>Iolanthe x Shanan: Ara Ara~bian Niiiiiiights~!

LoBaF tonight!

Maybe it's just me, Mesmerist looks like it was designed by somebody with a mind control kink.

No but Mercenary, Body Guard, Privateer, Gave Robber, and Tomb Raider are. Which adventuring generally entails these things.

What tipped you off? Was it the name of the class?

It's not even the best at mind control,
which is sad

Just reading through the archetypes and all, when Cult Leader caught my eye. It clicked together at that point.

Which class would that be?

Why is Essa shipped with other girls?

Kitsune fey-bloodline sorcerer.

Yuri goggles are strong.

Oh! I like Lunar. I can fluff it as a mysterious connection to a primal nature that's totally at odds with her smug, erudite noble background! It could even explain why she's willing to brave the perils of Darkest Garund.

Kitsune Sorcerer is still king of date rape, solely because +1/4th enchantment DC FCB on top of racial +1 to DCs on top of Bloodline bonus to DCs. Dominate Person at 10th level, assuming you have 24 Charisma (18 post racial, level bonuses and headband into charisma) at that level, would have something in the range of... DC 27-29?

Which is sad, because that's still just a sorcerer thing really, as opposed to getting a proper, mind control focused class.

Did we ever get the Overlewd shipping laid out?

At level 10 this is what your DC should look like:
>30 charisma (18 base, 2 racial, 2 aging, 2 levels, 6 belt)
>Spell Focus/Improved Spell Focus
>Crossblooded Arcane & Fey
>Kitsune
>Metamagic rod applying extend
>5th level spell

DC: 32

Because she poses as a boy. Someone do Essa shipping with the dudes please.

>Essa gets 5 ships
that's not fair

Who cares?

The answer is to just do up the /y/ ship and /u/ ships as well.

Is it worth using Vox instead of vanilla Mesmerist?

What's more endearing, the Lame Oracle Curse or the Wasting Oracle Curse?

Lame, wasting means you're literally rotting. Lame is just a bum leg.

Essa is not gay, though, so she really only has 2 ships.

This. You need /u/, /y/, /an/, the works. No point in a shipping table if it isn't complete

>Essa is not gay, though, so she really only has 2 ships.

How do you, have you asked DHB?

>applying the Arcane bloodline arcanaboost to something that doesn't actually increase the spell level
>assuming aging is something you should normally do

user you've gone a little overboard there, might want to pull back some. I was also giving a general spitball of what you'd likely get with minimal effort, since actually having an 18 pre-racial is something I almost never see people do outside of trying to prove a point of some sort.

What's the cutest form of bum leg?

PEG LEGS

Of course.

Is that kosher? Would having a peg leg eventually make you immune to fatigue?

DHB I summon you. Is Essa gay?

>Spending value DHB summonings on questions you might not like the answer of
/pfg/ characters are omnisexual until green text proves otherwise!

Will Tit Witch kiss any girls?

She better!

Should I PM Rory?

Do it, logs for the log king.

He's actually pretty nice.

Just dumb and dull as a rock.

If you want the thread to read your logs, sure!

What's his type? I need him for my collection, so I don't want to botch this. He's a powerful meme!

>Branwen x Stupidly Enormous

YES

LYSANDER LOGS WHERE

Is he? I heard he told QANON to kill herself.

V U L T
U
L
T

By the Blade of QANON, he shall perish!

No, because I'm already PMing him

You slut! He's mine!

Someone that leaks logs is not "nice"

I am amazed he was allowed to remain in Dragons 2

Leaking logs and being a general leghumper is not nice.

I mean if you're trying to cyberfuck him it's probably different.

I bet if I found you some logs you hypocrites would lap them all up with your eager, whore tongues, no? Disgusting!

Can we talk about the Silksworn archetype?

Totally.

Still waiting for Cashmere parts 2 and 3 but apparently they're so disgusting that Wist refuses to consent to their release?

What about it?

I can't shake the feeling that the artist was heavily inspired by a contemporary American pop singer's face when they made this.

Have you played it?

Do you like it? Dislike it? Why?

We can! It seems like a very interesting archetype. Have you played one yet?

I wish Wist would consent to my release

It's a fantastic way to play an Unchained Wizard/Sorcerer, all while looking stylish and still being a credit to the rest of your party.

ANSWER ME DHB

Are there any good Rubato builds? I want to try one but I'm not sure what the best setup for it is..

Maybe, maybe not. It's a cute, youthful face with enough androgyny to make you think she could be a very feminine he.

How many memes you got in your collection? Which memes are you still aiming for?

Who is your endgame? What's the final boss of your meme bedpost?

4. I need them all!

Bard pairs with Warlord very well, if you're trying to Gestalt.

Have you conquered DHB?

Isn't it obvious?

DOUG

Who are the four?

No, just a normal Rubato. The staggered maneuver progression has me worried but it looks like you can do big damage with Elemental Flux and Mithral Current?

Would it work well with Broken Blade or Chimera Soul? And, could someone heal adequately if they had Silver Crane?

>Unchained Wizard/Sorcerer
?

Silence of the Blood, user. The kine must never know we walk among them, preying upon their vital essence.

Yeah, Elemental Flux and Mithral Current are both damage dealers and very flavorful for a Bard; think Azura from Fire Emblems for someone who mixes dance and water in their performance.

I wish. I'm hoping to play one in an upcoming campaign but I don't know enough about the campaign to know if it'll be a good fit yet.

Silver Crane healing isn't good healing. It's good damage, with a free side of healing.

I wish Harem user wasn't a shitty bamboozler. If they're gonna have such a stupidly enormous meme potential, they'd better put it to good use

Could you try that sentence again, but in English?

The one in my game is very helpful, and the character is super cute, possibly my favorite!

>

How would you add some decent healing onto the Rubato package, while still doing cool buffs and damage?

I'm trying to help a player with their character and so far they are the only one who is trying to support and heal.Granted, they have potions and will probably buy wands once they get back to a city.