>DFC Units
mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commande

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50632738/#50676261
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just a friendly reminder that Veeky Forums is too fast for this thread to survive more than eight or nine hours during the night, and that the general idea of a general is that it has enough discussion or active posting to keep it alive without needing regular bumps.

How well do low to medium launch lists tend to work? I'm thinking of starting off building a 1500 point list with a group of 5-6 Andromedas as a bomber/fighter source, but I'm not sure if that's enough or going all in on them is a better idea.

They work pretty well in the case of the UCM/Shaltari, their lists tend to be pretty low-launch, but Scourge and PHR generally take advantage of their superior launch platforms.

5-6 Andromedas would work pretty well, I think, but I'd personally go with 3-4 Andromedas plus an Ikarus.

pls no kill

More like Someone Else Save The Pasta edition.

Woah, user. At least spoiler that shit. This is a blue board.

It's the only way I can get you fuckers to respond.

Everyone knew PHR ships were sluts. At least the hydra wasn't full-on presenting.

What would be a good plot hook if wanting to run a dark heresy/only eat game set in the dzc/dfc universe?

I think the preeminent one would be PHR or UCM advanced recon team sent to link up with local resistance warlords, ply them to the cause, and then help execute an invasion

A game where the players are either a PHR recon team or UCM MFR team trying to sway forces on Asgard could be cool.

Alternately, going full total war with a squad of legionaires deep in the shit in the opening days of Eden could be fun.

How about a resistance game, pre-reconquest? Perhaps even touching on Foley's attempts to reactivate a foldspace node

Hmm, maybe one using death watch to show Valkyries, sirens, or even a small group of Medusa?

Alternately Black Crusade with the various cults refluffed as species in the Scourge host. Destroyers for nurgle chaos marines, razorworms as khornates, maybe vampires as slaanesh or that screamer?

It's interesting how the 40k RPGs work well, but what about any other systems besides Total War, Dark Heresy, and Death Watch?

Maybe eclipse phase? I'm only using these ones cause they're the only ones I know of in a similar universe.

At this point, it may be easiest to make a composite homebrew from scratch based on the 40k RPGs.

Man, that's one butt-ugly rifle

Space Hugo Boss expended all their aesthetics on the armor.

>already a week into may
>still no PHR or Shaltari BCs
Reeee

The ks ones aren't all that expensive on eBay, but yeah, I'd like to see their new sculpts.

Command cards WHEN?

They're already out supposedly, people have gotten them, but Hawk doesn't have them on their webstore for some reason and US distributors aren't restocking US retailers for some reason.

What are some possible themes for faction X to be onna ground?

Grey goo.

Saratoga user from last thread here. Sent Hawk an email on Monday, was told that my order might be a bit delayed because Saras are popular as fuck and they're still casting the damn things.

Received the dispatch email on Tuesday and they're sitting on my shelf right now.

I love you, Hawk.

Shadowrun, played from the perspective of a PHR infiltration team running a deep cover op on one of the UCM core worlds.

no that sounds like a load of fun, but I really need to see how shadowrun plays compared to the other ones that were posted.

biggest "problem" would be stripping mages out of the system, which isn't really a problem at all: just don't use mages. Other than that its just the usual note that you'll need all of the d6s to play

More or less than the wargame?

>"Use Their Guts to Grease our Tanks" J. Wade
>Luciana "Top Gun" M. Cato
>Samuel "Punished" S. Helburn

>Marcus "Cybercock" Barros
>Jocasta "Bunny Hop" Caine
>Aurelia "Sleigh Slayer" Felix

What heroes might we get in phase 3?

Have there been any rumors or comments that detail how famous admirals will work? I haven't played DZC so I'm only familiar with them from their rules pages, so I'm curious if there are any problems with the system in practice that might be improved on in DFC.

I hope we get a genuinely cowardly resistance commander. Someone who will always just go "fuck this, I'm not losing shit for anything."

One of thr key things with the DZC famous commanders is that they each have their own personel, tricked out vehicle to command from.

Not sure if that'll be the case for Dropfleet, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're still deciding that.

We don't have a scummy UCM commander. Resistance has Sally and Gunnarr, PHR has Caine, and both the Shaltari and Scourge have their entire miserables species. But no real shitbags for the UCM. Seems like an oversight.

Is Caine a shitbag?

She does always leave a survivor with a fucked up message from her raids so...

>On three separate occasions, forces under her command have descended with swift ferocity on unsuspecting UCM recon patrols, slaughtering them almost to a man and without mercy. It is known that these raids were her work, as she always leaves a single survivor in place, usually with a taunting message of some sort intended to send any UCM commander that reads it into a fury.
We don't know how much of it is her being a shit and how much is good ol' psyops, but she's not what I'd call a nice person.

Further proof that Barros is the best posthuman to ever grace the galaxy with his augmented presence.

about the same, maybe erring on the more side but not by much

Keep the thread alive, commanders.

I feel like they are going to have custom ships for the admirals; the highly modular nature of them lends itself far more easily to cuhrayzee variants.

I'm still curious if all Admirals will be mounted in superheavy or heavy ships, or if we might get some medium admirals.

On the one hand it would add variance, but on the other hand mediums can go down quick and battlecruisers are already thematic for a faster admiral that prefers lighter ships. Maybe a more cheap and disposable one.

A famous admiral in a CA frigate dedicated to brutally fucking up the enemy before dying would be pretty fun.

There could possibly be some variant of that bodyguard rule in DZC; something like the following:

Whenever a famous admiral's ship is destroyed, roll 1d6. On a 6, they are killed.
On any other result, they successfully board an escape pod.

If they escape, choose one ship that is within 24"; if it's within 6", on a 1d6, a roll of 4+ will mount the admiral in that ship.
If it's within 12", a roll of 5+ will mount them.
If it's within 24", a roll of 6+ will mount them.

Otherwise, the admiral's escape pod is considered to have escaped the battlefield and they are to be considered dead for that battle.

man that story is still hilarious for how incompetent the UCM and the PHR seem. in the game of RAGE versus A E S T H E T I C never side has time for careful thinking.

What's a good faction rundown with regards to game play? I have never seen this game played in person, mind you.

Assuming you're referring to the fleet game

>UCM
Best fire arcs in the game, least overall firepower, much worse fighters and bombers, best and most accessible beams/lasers, second toughest

>Scourge
Fast, fragile, extremely powerful close range weaponry, efficient carriers, lots of memery with stealth

>PHR
Tough, extremely tough, most overall firepower, firepower is split between two broadsides, best fighters and bombers, combat carriers, multi-role ships

>Shaltari
Fast, most fragile, lots of consistent but low-damage weapons, shields to make them the toughest, multi-role ships.

Opps, I meant Dropzone Commander. Sorry. Thank you though for the writeup

Ah, in that case

>UCM
Reasonably efficient ground forces.
Varied infantry, high utility, even if they're not the most efficient.
Useful artillery
Powerful air presence
Overall the most "combined arms" faction

>Scourge
FAST
Fragile
Very high damage, but short ranged
Lots of cheeky infantry shenanigans when it comes to CQC
Lots of synergizing units
Can also go (somewhat) tough with their crabs, rather than hovertanks

>PHR
SLOW
Tough
High damage, decent range
Lots of big stompy mechs and even BIGGER stompy mechs
Excellent infantry
Excellent artillery
Can also go (somewhat) fast with their hovertanks, rather than walkers

>Shaltari
FAST and MOBILE due to teleportation shenanigans
Fragile, but they have shields
Long range
Lots of gimicky weapons
Hovertanks and big stompy tripods
Big hovertanks and little stompy tripods
Second best air presence after the UCM

Is there anything in DFC right now that strikes you as exceptionally unbalanced?

Orpheus is too cheap for what it can do and there's not much of a downside to just throwing up 3+ assault troopships. Needs 25-30 extra points dumped on it.
Akuma is able to go weapons free with good arc guns that average 8 damage every turn with no consequences, and still puts out an average of 3 damage while silent running. Full cloak is an insane skill and the Akuma is completely optimized for it.
Other than that not really. Diamond, Voidgate and Glass definitely were but they got nerfed to become more reasonable.

so I'm reading the rulebook half asleep, but the way I understand it is that both strike carriers and corvettes can go down into the atmo but can't leave? is that correct?

I'm going to guess you're getting that from a combination of "ships in atmosphere are reduced to 2" of movement" + "ships need 4" of movement to go up a layer"? The paragraph right after that says that ships leaving atmosphere and entering low orbit do so at the start of their movement and ignore that penalty.

Yes, that would do it. That's what I get from reading the rules 2/3rds of the way to sleep...

Alright admirals, how do we fix the Chimera without reducing its point cost?

Make it a light cruiser for ~95 points

Either give it more troop deploying capacity, armor deploying capacity, the option to go into atmosphere or give it a very limited fighter and bomber launch capacity.

I feel like Hawk wants to keep all bulk landers the same and a 10HP PD6 ship being able to atmos dive could break the entire game, but you might be onto something with the strike craft. Something like launch 2 maybe?

>page 9 in 2 hours
gg Veeky Forums
This makes me wonder, is Dropfleet failing to take off just as Dropzone did in so many places? Or are 40k 8th, Sigmar, and the morass of "geek culture" threads just that busy on Veeky Forums these days?

I guess it just feels like a waste to force a general if it keeps getting killed by inactivity.

>still no prototype for Krell's Jaeger
Hawk pls

I think the thread just needs to have people actually POST about the damn game. I've noticed that discussions here generally don't go for more than three or four replies, maybe five; if we made more effort to reply and to just keep discussions going (as well as analyzation of batreps, if anyone ever posts them), the thread will live.

But yeah; nearly falling off in two hours in the middle of night in burgerland is a bit worrying.
I'm not letting this thread die until we can celebrate the first anniversary of k-day, though.

On the other hand, now that Hawk has two games, their update/expansion schedule is likely to be a bit more busy, and we'll possibly have more stuff to go on about.

I've got a grand total of two people interested in the game and currently building ships who should be ready to play in a couple weeks and one guy who bought half my kickstarter but never goddamn plays, so I'd like to put work into some battle reports when the time comes.

What's k-day?

Please stay alive through morning hours, thread.

>What's k-day?

The day some user publicly ousted a super autistic shitposter that had been haunting the kickstarter for a few months as being a hyper-degenerate furfag. I believe it was December 15th, or around then. It's named k-day for the autist's name; Khell

>k-day
>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50632738/#50676261
13 December, never forget

Holy fuck that Scourge one looks amazing.

Isn't there one UCM commander who is on a personal crusade against the PHR, to the point of prioritising them over the Scourge?

Yeah, Helburn. But to be fair they orchestrated the resistance betrayal on Asgard and wiped out most of his unit. So it's not like he hates them without reason.

Whats the community like in your area?

I've got like a dozen dropzone and a dozen dropfleet players, not everyone plays regularly, but pretty decent

I've got one player per faction in dropfleet, myself included. Only one other guy has bought into dropzone though, putting either his UCM or more often his PHR against my scourge.

Plus side, the shaltari DFC player has started grabbing PHR, and the UCM player has a shaltari fleet on the side, so there's a little bit of variety, but not much.

The UCM scum is in their high command.

Man, I still remember being there. That shit was utterly amazing. It was like watching a playground bully get shit poured all over his head. Just fuckin amazing.

Are there any other images of these?

I wept for how hard I was laughing at the shitposter failing so hard to save face

>Rereading that thread
>seeing all the action as it played it, including Khell's goddamn hilarious reply "talking in hypotheticals" and locking his account
I need to find the thread after where Hawk sent a private message to the guy who posted all that info, I remember it being surprisingly classy.

Found it!

Best damn way they could have handled it, right there.
There's another handful of them from two or three threads ago, but I didn't save them sadly.

He's also cut off from UCMA command, so he has the benefit of defaulting to personal judgement, rather than just being insubordinate.

I'll post the rest I got in an hour or so, if someone else hasn't already

Good man. That ribbed for her pleasure torp on the other scourge hull is too lewd for words

So, like most militaries?

Here we go

And that's all

Yikes.

>You know, vanilla core-rulebook force mixes seem to be working out for me lately.
>excepting Valkyries, of course