Character creation

What're your good resources for creating new characters? Be it for fiction, or for games.

Tables of information you fill out, lists of traits, physical and mental. Do you have a checklist you go through?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Creating_Characters_for_Character-Driven_Games
mythcreants.com/blog/the-six-traits-of-strong-characters/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Skyrim mods are pretty good.

That young lady seems to have no purchased enough material to cover her sensitive areas.

I usually generate a character in MAID, then try and replicate them in the system being used. It works better than you might think.

For visuals, I like using Fallout 4 and Black Desert Online. They're probably the best ones outside of actual 3D modeling software.

For designing character personality and traits, I use these articles to give me a guideline/checklist to work with:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Creating_Characters_for_Character-Driven_Games
mythcreants.com/blog/the-six-traits-of-strong-characters/

>Do you have a checklist you go through?
I just generally think of a character based on something I recently read or watched and then go from there. Like I was watching some DS9 the other day with some friends, and now I want to play a wholly unscrupulous bartender-turned-mercenary who's all in it for the bennies because of Quark. Before that I wanted to play a bodyguard turned soldier turned bounty hunter based on a cool image I saw and my raging hard on for Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi.

From there it's just autisming up situations and trying to figure out how the character would handle them. Physical shit is generally just whatever I think fits, either thematically or pragmatically. No peg legs on an courier, but maybe an eye patch or two on a sea-faring brigand. Emotional ties pretty much follow the same logic. A naval captain generally wouldn't have as much time to interact with his family as a ranger who hunts their food daily for them. Common sense stuff.

It's a fun thing to do laying in bed before I actually fall asleep, mind's eye theater and all.

I usually either go
>oh I really want to play (vague character idea) next time I have to create a new character.
or
>okay I have to make a new character. What would be cool?

So, my imagination I guess.

I come up with the main aspects of a character before starting, then let the rest develop as i play then, see what comes naturally for the character,

My latest character was inspired by Mantis. A nudist cleric, She's going to have that naive personality, but also a lot of deep wisdom.

I just pay drawfags to draw my characters.

This is the best option basically. You get original work to your specifications, and some drawfag gets to eat.

post your characters dood

She seems to have spent it all on her sizeable cloak. I'm questioning her priorities.

got them on another hard-drive, im afraid.

One of my girls.

I just pick a class/template/whatever I want to play and fluff it up.
Usually I end up having to pick another class for the character.

you wouldn't have that for sci-fi, perchance?

Is there a directory or something? how do you exchange money for that kind of stuff? I'm super interested in this.

Pic related, girlfriend did the linework and I did the rest.

How much would work of this quality be?

I'd like to know this as well and attribution so I can go buy a hundred pieces of art

You might really like EVE Onlines character creator for making sci fi characters, it is sort of like Black Deserts in that you have alot of control of bone structure and musculature and facial features, definitely better than Fallouts.

in case anyone wants to try this one: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html

>What're your good resources for creating new characters?
The Complete Book of Villains.

Hands down best character generation tool I've ever encountered and it works for any system.
It has a two page list of questions to ask your character, and if you answer half of them you'll have a handle on who your character is.
The whole book is great.

This was one of about ten different poses given by the artist when she started work on it, she tried a few different poses, dressed, undressed, etc Before settling on a final design that was much more fleshed out than this. Altogether it was under 100$

Skyforge has a pretty decent character creator, even if the game is a little shitty. Unfortunately, a lot of these character creators aren't stripped from the game, so you need the base game to use them.

I've got other suggestions, but they're all lewd games, so I doubt they'd fit here.

Depends where you're going to look for it. There's drawthreads across the boards, so I wouldn't be surprised if you find someone advertising there.

Deviantart is where you find the vast majority of artists, amatuer and professional, who take commissions.

I do everything through paypal, so you can get your money back easily if they don't deliver.

Heroes of legend, randomly roll an entire backstory, makes interesting characters andbonly rarely makes them weird as fuck, and those characters are the best.

I use Daz3d for my characters.

Honestly?
I just use a name generator, make a basic concept and refine it as I play

>Clothes give no bonuses user, Why would you ever spend money on it?

Where do you find the actual download for the black desert online character creator? It seems to be missing from their website.

Then why wear the brief thong/bra at all?

DM decided she had to be wearing something

Seems like a crappy DM for demanding a change in character design that doesn't fit the character.

I had a half orc character once who went fully nude except for body warpaint. She was a bloody badass

>tfw no muscly green waifu

My DM would probably just shower this character with archers or arrow/bear traps until it gets some armor or dies horribly.
Awesome dude.

I have a character image folder with over 2100 files, I think I'm set.

my nude character had an almost insane string of luck, she became a very choice character in our campaigns

Shit like this make the games fun and the characters memorable.

I can't stand DMs that force their shit onto the characters against the players will. If somebody wants to make an all nude character, go with it. See what happens.

Yep, the luck of certain characters can totally make things fun.

Ages ago we had a player who created a totally sexed up Red Sonya type, who wore next to nothing and was a fighter. And she quite promptly got her head cut off in an early game.

This girl, she was a dark elf monk, was full nude, and due to incredible luck beat a high CR monster single handedly in her first game when she should have by all rights had her tits bitten off.

That's the shittiest sort of DM isn't it?
Doesn't say no, just is an asshole to the PC in question until he gets his way

I'll have to check that out.

They removed it; you have to buy the full game to use it. Fortunately, the base game is only $10.

What are said mods?

>I've got other suggestions, but they're all lewd games, so I doubt they'd fit here.
Hey, if they're good then it's fine. Just post 'em.