/your dudes/ thread

>Ctrl + F
>no Your Dudes thread

THIS IS BLASPHEMY

Share stories about /your dudes/.
What are you playing?
What makes them special?
Do you just have a background for them or do you account any games you play in your army's lore?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
docs.google.com/document/d/1RE67Ai1W5AaaW7PtvTocmk7UAltgxVtLCedto-XX6ac
docs.google.com/document/d/1DmL6R0KF8gpMuPagoFaZ4ZsMkurBDIltuY5z-fF1oKY/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I used to have this ultra-fluffy, totally non-competitive Warriors of Chaos army. It was small, barely above skirmish level.

Basically it was a Norscan raiding party. So lots of Marauders, some Warhounds and practically no magic or Chaos fuckery. The idea was that the Chaos Lord in charge had only just started to attract the attention of the Gods and that the more I won the more Chaos-y my army would get.

Let's get this thread rolling!

My AdMech dudes are from Forge World Aldris VII.

They're tasked with restoring ancient blueprints recovered by the exploratory fleets of the Adeptus Mechanicus and deliver functioning prototypes for the tools and weaponry they recreate.

The planet has been surrounded and under siege by Orks from every side for millennia, holding their ground against the never-ending green tide. This generations long conflict and the breaking of several Waaghs trying to prove their dominance over the remaining Ork warbands in the sector by finally krumping the AdMech, their forge has taken on a reputation as being able to constantly keep (re)building everything and anything, as the experimental tools of war they reclaim from the blueprints are always tested on whichever Ork Klan is currently buzzing around the planet's surface.
This has led to the peculiar development that the Ork's influence and opinion that it's possible for them to get everything to work actually does cause every blueprint they attempt to rebuild does, in fact, work. While inside the Orks' psychic influence.
The moment any prototype leaves the sector, the practically immediately fall apart, effectively delivering a heap of scrap to their superiors on Mars. This has caused Archmagos Tolra Darus to be in a near constant state of anger and fury against the "damn sabotaging Greenskins", fully unaware that it is merely their subconscious opinion of the World that causes things to work and also stop working.

Nonetheless, him constantly being ripped of chances to climb into the higher echelons of the AdMech and not gaining additional support from Mars itself caused Darus to make the fight against the Orks a personal vendetta, constructing a personal assault frame in order to take on any Warboss challenging his Forge World by himself and venting his anger against them that way.

Gonna make an updated army-shoot once my Kastelans are done.

Sort of reposting from last thread; been trying to work on my own chapter of marines and need some help fleshing details out. Here's stuff that I rolled up.

>Founding Origin: Strategic Prognostication
>Founded 36th Millennium - the Cursed Founding
>Blood Angel successors
>Gene-Seed is pure BA, but heavy with mutation
>Instabilities include hyper-stimulated Omophagea, oversensitive Occulobes, mutated Catalepsean nodes, lost/damaged zygotes (secondary heart, Lyman's ear)
>Possess Chapter cult
>Figured of legend is Chief Librarian that led a campaign against a rebel army
>Hive homeworld, jungle environment; maintain distant rule
>Possess unique organization structure from the Codex
>Trained in siege combat
>Lack apothecaries
>Equipped with modified jumppacks
>Beliefs take the form of Steel Over Flesh
>Current status: endangered
>Allied with another chapter
>Enemy of the Inqusition

I'm calling them the Iron Host.

General thematic idea is that they gradually found that their gene-seed was severely damaged to the point of that many of their implants began to fail catastrophically. In order to keep themselves together, they were forced to supplement for their deficiencies with bionics and over time was incorporated into the overall outlook of the chapter. However there was little they could do to counteract their growing blood lust - including a taste for living flesh.

It's when one such incident comes to light that the Host faced it's greatest crisis as word quickly reached that of the Inquisition and were branded as renegades. Now theirs is a grim fight for survival...

And that's about what I've got so far. There were some suggestions for stuff to flesh this out a bit more that I like, but I'm still torn on a lot. (Also, few paint schemes I'm considering.)

My initial idea was that they'd be forced to retreat back to their homeworld and hold up in their stronghold, a massive, gothic castle, taking in their experience in siege warfare. Someone pointed out though that idea wouldn't be well thought out, so then I thought maybe that the largest of their surviving remnants would make a lair in a space hulk, literally haunting the halls like ghouls. But last thread someone also threw out that instead of one stronghold they have a number of fortress worlds that they're charged with protecting, giving them a number of castles reinforced for siege and a sector of space as a buffer between them and Inquisitorial forces sent after them.

Other stuff was like about their allied chapter and lack of apothecaries. Figured that they'd likely be supported either by another BA chapter or one that has a hate on for the big I. The Knights of Blood was suggested and while I like them fine, didn't think another renegade chapter would be the best fit and most others I know of with history dealing with the Inquisition (Black Templars, Celestial Lions) didn't feel like they fit the bill. An idea I recently had works in with the Flesh Tearers seeing as how they have a similar background in where the Iron Host are in fact ignorant of their true heritage, chalking up their frenzied moments as further degradation of their gene-seed. So when they encounter the FT, they recognize the symptoms, establishing their connection to the Angels. So while they help to provide the Iron Host support in defending their territory, a company of them try to travel to Baal and make contact with their progenitor, asking for their aid.

My dudes are World Serpents warband from the Black Legion. Led by the Lord Sorcerer Vul, they've embarked on a quest to locate and capture the legendary Silver Ship, an invaluable relic from the Dark Age of Technology. Rumor has it that not only is the ship vastly superior to anything the Imperium has ever built, it just might contain an actual STC.

Problem being that vanishes into and out of the Warp seemingly of its own accord at completely unpredictable intervals. Vul's divinations are only just enough to keep the warband on its trail. They've been at it for more than three thousand years now, their leader growing increasingly bitter and insane with each close call and near miss. Most of the warband would like to be doing something else, but the search does have a way of blundering right into lesser treasures or epic battles seemingly by accident.

Every battle that I play out represents either Vul's boys just popping up in the middle of a warzone/fortress world at random, or else one of those periodic occasions when the Lord Sorcerer grows so frustrated that he slakes his talons in the blood of whatever's closest just to feel some sense of accomplishment. He doesn't care one wit for the other neat stuff his band collects along the way, and he barely even cares about fighting the Imperium any more. He's just so sick and tired of this shit yet obsessively clings to the hope of capturing the ship in defiance of all rationality.

The Silver Ship is self-aware, whether from AI or daemonic possession, and knows about the sorcerer chasing it. It intentionally shows itself and waits around for him to show up just to disappear at the last second. Purely to troll Vul.

Oh I forgot the apothecary thing - well my initial thought was that they were lost in battle against the Inquisition, "ork snipers" and all. But now I'm thinking instead because of their gene-seed, the apothecaries weren't able to provide the needed measures to treat their chapter brothers and with the reliance on bionics, the apothecarium lost relevance and was eventually phased out.

My only reservation is with whether or not that effectively means their gene-seed is so damaged that they can't actively use it or recover it? Or maybe as a work-around that they have no Scouts, instead going through thousands upon thousands of initiates for the few handful or so that survive the implantation process. With such a reliance on augmetics as part of the process, maybe the function of the apothecarium is taken over by the Master of the Forge and techmarines?

>The Skullkeepers (Khorne kill team)

Merely a small gang from a farflung forgeworld. They recently uncovered a space marine who, when awoken from a stasis pod, demanded they kill another space marine to prove their worth to him.

They lost 30 men killing the marine.

Skarrak (the marine they found) used dark magic to attempt to form another space marine from the gene seed harvested from the gang's victim but botched it with his limited skill. The worthy candidate was morphed into a muscle bound freak, his intelligence gone, and many times larger than Skarrak, this became the Mutilator that stalks the manufactorums with the gang.

The gang has abandoned all suspicion the marine they found may be evil and have lost their minds and souls to the slaughter he guides them on.

>Hunting Pack Sturmjarl (SW KT)

Sturmjarl is an up and coming Wolf Guard under Blackmane. He is tasked with hunting down the source of recent chaos raids on a nearby forgeworld. This is his final trial before Blackmane can trust him to lead even larger forces.

>the Greatest Light (Slannesh KT)

A chapter on the brink of death, sends the last of its brothers with a chaplain attached to a shrine world to recover an artifact that would bring them the favor of Terran officials, and the hope of more gene seer. The chapter were orators and poets without peer, a brotherhood of artists and soliders singing the songs of the Emperor. When the chaplain found the artifiact he was inspired to give "his greatest performance yet" in front of the dwindling 40 men. He ripped one of his hearts out and ate it.

500 years later the warband he leads is on a sacred crusade of performance art in the name of an Emperor they no longer know. The chaplain has mutated beyond recognition and rides a top a steed made of man flesh. They leave flayed bodies in their wake and plays written upon the flesh.

Here are my age of Sigmar dudes, it's a fun and jolly mix of beastmen, Nurgle Rotbringers and Nurgle daemons

docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY

Not really my/your dudes, but me and my friends made a sector in 40k where all of our armies could fit in, and so we can have many fun narrative battles when locations and planets actually have a small backstory and purpose for the sector.
Also here is a more high res picture of the sector, as the document makes it smaller.
FYI it still a WIP, but still, please tell me what you think, and leave some constructive criticism.

docs.google.com/document/d/1RE67Ai1W5AaaW7PtvTocmk7UAltgxVtLCedto-XX6ac

I'm assembling dudes right now for my homebrew chapter, the Templars of Ruin. They're Imperial Fist successors, though what sets them apart is the value they place on Relics, Knowledge, and the Imperium's history.

They were founded with a feral desert world as their recruitment site, though seismic activity eventually revealed a series of underground tunnels and passages leading to a long defunct Forgeworld, still set up to make patterns of armor and equipment from the Heresy. The Ad Mech obviously got in on this quickly, but now the forges are used to supply the chapter with much of their equipment and repairs.

Recruits are still drawn from the surface population, their test being to delve through the ruins and outer tunnels and reach the central workshops.

In terms of organization, the Templars of Ruin are set up slightly differently. Their second through fifth companies have all been declared Honor Guard, though this isn't quite a representation of skill. Instead, the Templars have spread themselves so thinly protecting ruins across sectors, chasing rumors of relics, and generally operating and securing locations that they designate small squads of honor guard for those purposes. Such marines are often simply those from tactical squads who have earned a greater deal of experience.

These stationed Honor Guard are adept at guerrilla warfare, and when a threat looms over their charge they are quick to fortify and harass the invaders while the Chapter forms a response using the reserve companies.

The reserve companies still hold their usual designations, two being entirely tactical squads, one being assault squads, and one being devastator squads, though rather than send a single company, the chapter draws a strike force from two or more of them tailored to the threat faced

Once landed, the Templars of Ruin often focus singlemindedly on defending or claiming whatever the Honor Guard was in charge of using their skills at siege and bolter marksmanship

good shit

Working on a guard Regiment based on pic related. They don't really have more fluff than this, so I'm pretty much building them from the ground up as Gladiator Guardsmen.

Obviously they've got a pretty strong close combat focus and the regiments from their homeworld tend to be split between the Victorii, who are the elites that win the ritual fights, and the Secundus, which are pretty much conscripts drawn from any losers that survive in case they haven't met their tithes.

I have it in mind for them to use Goliath Trucks (counted as Taurox) as 'chariots' of sorts to leap off into fights and blast away with shotguns/pistols, though I'm not solid on a good fluff reason for them to lack normal transports. Best I can figure is they pissed off somebody in charge of logistics something fierce, so they weren't given proper lasguns and chimeras and had to make do with the 'extras', which backfired since it was exactly what they wanted.

My school once had a mini competition back in 5th ed. The competition involved bringing your fave HQ choice and fighting against every other player.

Everyone brought their special characters like the Avatar, or Cato Sicarius. I brought an IG command squad loaded with melta and plasma weapons. I can't remember the exact details of the battle except that my men took a chunk of wounds off the Avatar before being charged in melee.

Being a much greater warrior, the Avatar slew all except one man in the squad before they could strike back. However, the one man remaining managed to score a single wound with his cane, slaying the Avatar with all his STR 3 might.

Another fond memory I have is of my Grey Knights Landraider Crusader killing every single unit in a stormboy squad as soon as they landed in front of it.

>Warhammer
>"your dudes"
>in setting with linear plot

Thanks senpai.

Do you even play 40k?

I've played.

Then you should know the sheer scale and the game designers permit the invention of OC donut steal chapters and armies.

I've been floating around /hhg/ a lot lately, been gradually getting back into the hobby after over a decade out of it. I decided to put together a Loyalist Emperor's Children force, which I've named the Tyrian Eagles. Their general role was functioning as outriders for larger Legion fleets or as rapid response, and are centered around aerial assault. They were one of the few EC millennials not present at Istvaan III, having been tied up in a year-long campaign driving Eldar raiders from a forge world. Their Lord Commander (unnamed as of yet) is pragmatic, values speed over raw strength, and seeks to continue the legacy of the Emperor's Children as the Imperium's finest, even if they are completely alone now.

While I like the idea of them surviving the Heresy, staging skillful hit-and-run strikes on Traitor forces throughout Segmentum Obscurus, I'm not sure if I want their story to end during the following conflicts (perhaps an early Black Crusade), or that they establish a fortress monastery in the vicinity of the Halo Stars and spend a few thousand years keeping their distance from Imperial forces.

Did you give the last survivor a name?

Like this user here says You can create your dudes super easy, and just look at this other user who made an entire sector for his and his friends dudes!

This is a pretty cool idea. Might suggest this to my friends as well, though I'd have to retcon some parts of my fluff or start an Ork army to keep things intact without having actual NPCs in the sector.

Go for it man, I told my friends that we could make one sub-sector each, and fill it with cool planets and such, besides just putting our own armies in.

If you'd like too I can post the blank template later when I get home

What is your fluff for your dudes?

See

Cool models and fluff, keep it up user!

I'm writing fluff for my new Heavy Gear army, a Black Talon force. Black Talons are the setting's double secret delta force gorilla warfare operators so I've gone as tacticool as possible for their mechs, with shitloads of stowage, camo cloaks and so on.

Each member of the army (9 models overall) will get a name, callsign, mech name and backstory.

So far I've done:

"Doc" - He ended up failing his piloting exam because he was too tall and broad to fit in a mech cockpit comfortably, but was fine in a Bricklayer (power loader style construction exosuit). Became an engineer, and was picked up by the Talons after he took apart two CEF mechs in his beat up glorified forklift. Pilots "Nord", a stripped down Eagle gear with a rebuilt cockpit to fit his unusually swole build.

"Holland" - A big fish in a small pond, promoted to fill a gap after an officer was injured en route to her new posting but he quickly proved far too skilled for that backwater garrison and was headhunted for spec ops work. Pilots "Devilfish," a general purpose gear armed with a minigun and chainsword. His callsign comes from the name of the only bandit to ever score a hit on him.

"Purity" - A tough, tattooed brown sniper chick from the desert who is trying to shake her reputation of being bad news. Had her reputation wrecked after her response to hearing a squad had burned a farm down on a looting party was to rip the commanding officer who had turned a blind eye to it in half with a mech. Sadly he had powerful friends. To try and build her reputation back up or die trying she applied for the Talons' suicide mission. Keeps photos of her former wingmen in the cockpit of her Vulture, Atalanta.

It's cliche stuff but I'm a sucker for dirty dozen style stuff.

>New Alexandra

Your friend a fan of Halo, user?

Yeah, would be cool if you could post that later.

Not really, it just sounded like a cool name, nothin wrong with that :3

Here is the sector template

Thanks mate!

No problemo

I wrote a fuckton of lore for my 30k Mechanicum, I'm just trying to work out how to convert all the shit now. I want some bioweapons like the Cloud from New Vegas, since that's awesome, but I'm not sure how to model it or what to mount it on.

They're the evolution of a Xanatite Explorator fleet, who were out of the Imperium's territory when the Heresy broke out. After the first planet they came to shot at them for being Reductor ships (who were mostly Loyalist) and the second for them being Xanatite (traitors) they decided fuck it and returned to a cushy system they'd found in their trip. Fast warp lane through a couple fiddly sectors, but an easy trip for Mechanicum precision. They set up on a planet with a whole bunch of greenery, started mining the asteroid belts and steadily assimilated the planet, using their already large number of Magos Biologis to turn the local flora and fauna into war machines. The Archmagos in charge, Xander Treides, is largely a massive cogitator bank spread throughout his fleet, and sends out copies of himself in custom bodies to lead expeditions whenever required. If he "dies", he's obviously still fine, but he loses the data that body was carrying, and his mind gets steadily more corrupted by interference and such every time, so he slowly goes a bit mad. Eventually, late into the Scouring, he realises what's happening to him and locks the useful parts of his mind into the ship, losing his memories in the process. He takes over subordinate's minds and uses their memories and perspectives, which has led to strange command strategy as he commands with the biases of anything between a great Archimandrite and a Skitarii Alpha Primus, each taking prominence as required.

His last body, abandoned with the torn memories of the ancient Archmagos, was rendered Damnatio ad Gladium by the last commands of the intact Xander, and led the majority of the fleets Cybernetica and their newer Genetus monstrosities against the Dark Mechanicum in an enraged vengeance crusade for the destroyed knowledge of Mars, finally being killed (some of his fellow Archmagi preferred to say "put down", there was hardly anything separating him from his creatures by the end) storming Cyclotrathe by Knights of House Atrax.

The fleet is still there, dug into a system that would be a fortress by cosmological standards, even before it became a collection of Forge Worlds, gun platforms and energy farms. The Genetors continued their experimentation, slowly developing research paths that were sealed in the Vaults of Moravec for good reason before, combined with some of the Vodian research from their last homeworld, and before too many centuries had passed could be considered the equal of any in the Dark Mechanicum. Strange corrosive bio-weapons, living ships, creatures of the Warp bound screaming to flesh as the Soul Forge did to metal. Occasionally, a rumour would spread of the "Old Mechanicus" beyond the Ghoul Stars, but aside from a few missing ships little was found besides worlds picked clean and poisoned more subtly than the Plaguefather tended to. Inquisitorial attention had been planned, but was dramatically disrupted by the onset of the Thirteenth Black Crusade.

>Fifth Battle Company, Carcharodon Astra

The Fifth were once one of the fiercest and most stalwart fighting bands in the Nomad Predation Fleet. This status over the last three centuries has not been kind to them. Since they first encountered tyranid scout fleets in the outer darkness, they have found themselves locked into endless attrition.

They have yet to recover from the casualties they sustained in the Badab War, having lost a sizeable chunk of their fighting veterans who failed to get offworld in time during the exterminatus of the Astral Claws' homeworld, and though they took a savage tithe of flesh from the worlds of the Endymion Cluster to replenish their losses, they are still barely fifty full Astartes strong. Many of its Scouts are grizzled veterans, now, and some whisper the Fifth lack the requisite geneseed to complete many of their augmentations.

As such, the 'Fifth-and-Tenth', as some disparage them, fights with extensive Scout support. Units of neophytes are often deployed to fulfil the same roles other chapters would perform with Tactical Squads, striking fast and silent, while more senior marines handle heavy weaponry and rapid assault.

Barely half a fighting company in strength and sustained largely on wargear stolen from the Lamenters and Mantis Warriors, they stalk the darkness above the Eastern Fringe like opportunistic scavengers rather than the powerful predators from whom they take their name, and yet their erstwhile captain is determined to prove his new blood worthy of the chapter heroes they will one day replace.

I am working on some cool dudes in age of Sigmar. I plan to mix Sylvaneth and Freeguild in that the freeguild are from a woodcutters town in either the realm of life or beasts, (I haven't decided yet) and that the woodcutter village/town was under threat from the Sylvaneth due to the woodcutters chopping down many trees containing aelf souls. But after the entire region is threatened by a greater foe they need to band together and look past their differences in order to ensure the survival of them both.

What do you guys think? Can It work? I am kind a new to age of Sigmar, so if there are any holes in my work in progress fluff then please do tell me

These are my Iron Hands. They have lost every match they have ever played.

Sounds pretty neat. Not too familiar with the fluff of AoS, though lumberjacks teaming up with Dryads to fight off a bunch of pyromaniacs that want to burn the woodlands entirely or something sounds like a cool concept.

Who have you been playing against, tau and eldar?

I like what you've got so far. I would suggest A or B for color scheme, if only because quartered patterns can be really tricky to pull off well.

Space marine avionics also seem to be able to fill in for a lot, but usually that's just missing limbs over their base functions.

It could also be that they do still have some Gene-seed that they can extract and use for initiates, but it's either fresh ones generated from existing marines rarely, meaning new recruits are sporadic, or they can only do it with great difficulty using the Gene-seed of one who died, and can't produce any more.

No, but I really should name him. I stopped playing when I was about 17 (~6 years ago), but with 8th ed coming I'm gonna get back into it.

I quite like latin-esque names but I don't wanna sound too much like a smurf.

Decimus "Daemon Bane" Furin? I need a less generic nickname.

Foag - Father of all guardsmen?

Wandering Brotherhood
Fleet Based
Origin: Raven Guard/Dark Angels (Debated, though Raven Guard is accepted within the Chapter)
Battlecry: "That others may live!"
Founding: 13th
Close ally: Navigator House Belletain
They share their beliefs most closely with the Lamenters, however, acting altruistically and closely with more typical humans. Their SOP is to work closely with Imperial Guard units, acting in support of them or as the army's assault or recon element; they rarely deploy on their own. Typical super soldier operator shit. Additionally, they work hand-in-hand with a Navigator house, occasionally treating their members like full blown chapter members. The Brotherhood maintains a small garrison in the Navigator quarter on Terra.
The Brotherhood suffers a mutation with their sus-an membrane that, while not necessarily undoing the Hypno indoctrination Marine's receive, makes them highly susceptible to feelings of empathy or malaise. These feelings make them both highly contemplative and has them seeking out company among their brothers and the humans they serve with. This has made them highly communal, with squads and even companies becoming attached to Guard units and requesting to serve with them for the remainder of their deployment.
This ability to become so quickly attached has lead to each Company training it's own scout units, usually putting a company at 120-some-odd Marines. 1st Company keeps a compliment of the best scouts, though those scouts won't be integrated into the 1st Company but instead be rolled into the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th companies with honors.
Because of the Brotherhood's strained relationship with the Ecclesiarchy and the Imperial Cult as a whole, they tend to run light on Chaplains, instead, they've adopted their Navigators as their spiritual leaders. Because of Belletain's Enatic-Cognatic inheritance structure, the Elder Navigator's who fall into these roles are referred to as "Mother Matron".

I hope you win some fun games in 8th edition user.

Bumping thread so it doesn't die

My chapter are the Void Eaters, a space borne Imperial Fist successor chapter. Heavy use of drop pods and sudden dakka.

I originally designed them in DoW 1 with a similar blue to Storm Wardens but can't work out how I could paint them with current citadel line

How paint, anons?

Perhaps start with caledor sky, along with maybe a highlight/dry brush of altioc blue

I have a Imperial Fists successor chapter dubbed the Knights Enternal whos entire thing is holding the line with extreme prejudice.Then summoning the reveants of the fallen brothers to hold the line with undead prejudice

My dudes are:

Imperial Guard, 3rd Ornsworld Maelstrom Spoiling Crusade.

I've ran this army for about 16 years, so their history is long and forms one narrative. From being an all-ratling mass infantry wave force they are now a hardcore of veteran squads forming the 'Regimental Combat Team' backed up by numerous other IG I've collected down the years (Tallarn, Mordians, Vostroyans, Steel Legion, Catachans, House Cawdor, some conversions) as 'Tithe Forces' the regiment picks up to replace losses for each campaign.

They are backed up by a vast armour pack including the older resin Weisemann Baneblade.

All the armoured vehicles (and Knight and Valkyrie) are named after various women (and one man!) who've been important in my life.

The third element of the army is the Uhlans, a (so far) 66-man rough rider force (currently using the FW DKK rules) made up of wolf rider conversions, ancient milton bradley knights, bretonnian knights, DKK rough riders and a few much loved Attilans.

The commander of the army is General Stumper Muckstart, a 2nd ed special character who, in my story, returns to the IG during Abaddon's invasion of Ornsworld in the Gothic War. I tend to always wear a red headscarf, so so does my model of Muckstart.

Inside the front cover of the codex I'm using at that time I write the name of the battles they fight (usually a simple joke, Plumstead was a street I once lived on, GWH-13 is Games Workshop Hull)...

My dudes are an auxiliary-heavy Tau army. Tarellians (pic related is one of my first tries) stand in for Kroot while my fire warriors are played by Gue'vesa. The leadership will be my only suits, and I'm refusing to use anything Riptide-sized or higher.

This is another early attempt. I'm trying to make each feel unique.

Third.

The Uhlans are the main focus of my love at the moment, as I really love the idea of cavalry in 40k (it means there are spaceships with stables!) and they've had (so far) one big game where they were the focus, sweeping Chaos Space Marines out of an urban board at GW Nottingham.

And fourth so far. This is the fluffiest, since the flamer doesn't actually represent anything unique; I just thought it looked cool.

Solid idea. If you were to do them as a very kroot-mob heavy force it'd have that dark "they throw their subordinates lives away" feel.

Like if you're in a Tau-ran human colony and a significant portion of the menfolk die in a Tau campaign ... everyone gets generous pensions and survivor's payments, town gets a memorial statue ... now everyone has an investment in the greater good 'those men died for'.

>What are you playing?
1st Genyosha
>What makes them special?
Being one of the few factions with significant C3 networks, IS Omnimechs, and IS Battle Armor squads, according to the Field Manuals.
>Do you just have a background for them or do you account any games you play in your army's lore?
I leave the background for them up to the writers. I used some examples of past conflicts to justify some salvage from other factions, but since games are usually pick up games with who-knows-what as the other factions, better to not think about it too hard.

It is pretty cool when I get to fight armies that would be canonically opfors.

I'm going to mix come actual Kroot models into my Tarellian stand-ins for more of a mercenary feel, as well.

Might even mix in some blueberries with the Gue'vesa.

I really want a sort of multi-species "band of brothers," feel, and I am going to write their fluff to mirror it. As much as I love the Guard, heavy use of Tau auxiliaries are the best way in 40k to do that.

I'm probably going to paint them in Farsight Enclaves colors, since I'm an old-school Taufag from where they were the Citadel Races with a few mobile suits as opposed to nuTau where it's more "Mobile Suit Gundam with some blue folk."

Pic related is my only suit so far. Each of the few will have unique painjobs, and I think this one will get BT-7274 colors.

I added a ton of weapons and combined the shield/gun drone models because I thought it looked neat.

My guardsmen are 'Nam is space, they also have a big green Knight Titan, because that shit's just made for jungle fighting with all that weight on two tiny feet stomping around on the soft jungle floor.

Eventually I decided that they recruit from a hive world and it's surrounding agri worlds, and never actually being meant to fight in jungles, there just happened to be a lot of shit going on there and they ended up being shipped there in mass and just had to adapt. They field a clusterfuck of various knives, lasguns and lascarbines, even their boots differ, because I just kitbashed a whole bunch of Cadians and Catachans together to represent varying stages of being innajungle. Also, the bassies have had their shields stripped off so they look like M107s.

They mostly fight orks and chaos, lots and lots of chaos, also taken out a good number of SoB and inquisitors, but don't tell anybody.

Then there are my marines. Some wear blood raven colours, some are grey plastic, some look like old ultra marines with bright yellow shoulder trim, one guy is pink with a yellow beak like a flamingo, some are tallarn flesh with ogryn flesh wash. I don't know what the fuck is going on there, their tactics involve bumrushing the opponents with superior numbers through a mix of drop pods, termie teleportation and a mix of desert storm themed, doorless greay plastic, and borrowed chaos rhinos. Friend keeps calling me a filthy heretic, but he's a filthy liar who keeps forcing me to butcher all his SoB.

Speaking as a clueless 40kiddie.

How viable is it to just tank rush with a shit load of tanks and nothing else?

They do fine I guess.

Though if I may be so bold, make your dudes based on what you like, not by what's effective.

Especially if you're talking about 40k (I hope you don't mind if I assume), as the new edition means we have no idea what's going to be good and what's not.

>assume
Forgot you mentioned 40k in your post. I'm retarded.

I have a Renegades & Heretics army that started out as an allied detachment to my Iron Warriors chaos space marines army, but since then surpassed their masters when it comes to armoured vehicles and sheer bodies.

The Apostates of Draghax

Draghax VII used to be an Imperial Fortress World in the Segmentum Pacificus colonised and built during the Scouring as an outpost where Chapters could resupply and restock. It was fortified to due the precious ammunition and supply stores and eventually all but forgotten by the wider Imperium.

Early M39, an Iron Warriors warband lead by Warsmith Harkor the Reaver besieges the Fortress World. The huge vat-grown population however puts up a valiant fight and by throwing millions of zealous men and women into the grinder of war, actually fights the Chaos Space Marine warband to a standstill. Harkor's lieutenant, Vairecx the Arch-Heretek, comes up with a cunning plan: to unleash a technovirus of his own design onto the cloning facilities deep underground.

Soon after, Harkor's Reavers lift the siege and leave Draghax. The population rejoices and all is well, or so it seemed. The Fortress and its goods were protected and the assailants routed.

When the Harkor's Iron Warriors returned, a mere century later, the entire sub-sector of Draghax Ultima was embroiled in a bitter civil war. The Draghaxian Guardsmen were fighting -and losing- an uphill battle against an endless stream of vat-grown mortals. The zealotry with which they had been bred was undiminished, but instead of praying to the Throne of Terra, they appeased the Dark Gods. When the warband joined the siege of the capital world of Draghax VII the fields were littered with remains both human and vehicles alike. In one fell swoop, the loyalists were all but obliterated.

The sub-sector roared in dark compliance to their new masters. The Apostates of Draghax were born that day.

Kroots shot down my Khorne Berzerkers, except for the champion with a powerfist. They go before him in initative, 21 wounds. Save all wounds, kill three kroots - they fail their leadership test and begin to run, he beats their initiative and kills them all and runs a couple of inches towards the enemy lines. Then he got shot by a hammerhead.

Plucked the model off his base and added a bunch of skulls (and slightly modified kroot heads) to his base.

Khorne was pleased.

>chaos clones
Dank.

Quick Veeky Forums! I got a colour scheme for some marines I'm working on for 8th but I got no ideas for a name. They're going to have a big fire/ drop pod theme going on, but that's all I've got so far.

>Dank

It's the grim darkness for a reason.

I can post the deathwatch chapter name gen when I get home?

I figured just bumrushing everyone with tanks in a mecha game would be fun, because I like tanks.

BT does things a bit differently.
Mechs are kings of the battlefield, that's kind of the core concept of the whole setting.
Tanks are the cheaper alternative. They can get the job done but tend to be glass cannons. The best thing about them is that you don't have to track heat. The worst thing is that you're going to get stopped by certain terrain features and can possibly get immobilised and rendered into a shoot-me turret.

That comes at a reduced point cost though. Some tanks are better than others. They tend to work best as a supplement to 'mechs or as fire support. They also make for a good "Fuck you" to guys who use gauss/AC20s almost exclusively due to their thick armor.

"Load of tanks" might work in Alpha Strike, but with BT, you don't want to saturate the board with units. It's at it's most comfortable at 4v4 matches. Much more, especially if you're indecisive, and shit gets slow, quickly. It's better to use them in roles they can do just as well as a 'mech, but for a few less points that could instead be allocated elsewhere.

It's why the "Flood the board with 5-ton Savannah Masters" strategy is generally avoided.

I rolled everything up, here's what I got:

Chapter founding: standing force
Founding date: 39th millennium
Progenitor: Ultramarines
Gene seed: Altered stock (disturbing voice)
Chapter demeanor: Scions of Mars
Chapter flaw: chapter cult
Chapter legends: squad sergeant, 2nd company, 3rd Squad, Bane of orks
Homeworld: Hive world, wasteland, distant rule
Chapter Organisation: Codex-adherant
Combat Doctrine: Siege
Strength: nominal
Chapter relations: Mechanicus
Enemies: Chaos-alligned group

So it looks like we have a bunch of mechanicus fanboys who are into siege warfare and hate a chaos-alligned faction. But why they in deep with the Mechanicus? What's going on there I wonder.

Thanks for the tips. I was mostly thinking something more regular tank like than 5 ton hovercrafts, maybe just go full Steiner and go full Atlas.

>(disturbing voice)
>Bane of orks

are they big guys

Looks good user, and here is the name generator, either if you want to roll on it, or just use it for inspiration, it's up to you.

Making a SW:A kill team and decided to pick Sisters of battle for my team and tried to make a splinter order of the Order of our Matyred Lady.

The Order of the Ivory Rook are a force basically centred around stealth and shock tactics, preferring to always get the jump on their enemies. The original founders of the order were originally in a company with Canoness Superior Alice, now known by the sisters of the Ivory Rook as "Saint Alice", commended for her campaign against a chaos-rebel group that took over a planet and its moon. After they cleared out both of the planet's, and after Alice's unfortunate death, the remaining sisters began a new Order in her name. They're home world is on a feral, oceanic world with mad-max style Maori natives on barges. After the "raiders" shoot each other up enough, the sisters mostly step in and just recruit any survivors.

That's the gist of it, but I still need to work on it. I'm relatively new to 40k so I'm still trying to wrap my head around some stuff.

Is she actually a saint or do they just call her that? Because ascension upon death happens to Sister characters a lot, it seems.

They just call her that. From what I read though, some orders carry around the bones of their saint's into battle sometimes as a way to inspire the sisters, at least that's why I decided to call her a saint.

Should I just leave her titled as a Canoness Superior or is Saint ok?

I'm not familiar enough with Sister lore to say with certainty, but I'd personally avoid calling her Saint unless she was officially canonized.

Keep in mind she doesn't have to literally ascend to be canonized. We recently canonized Mother Theresa, and God knows her qualifications for it were shaky at best.

How does The Blazing Truth sound? Most chapter names tend to be something like The Adjective Nouns so it doesn't roll off the tongue as well, but I still really like the sound of it for some reason.

Sounds like a cool name fitting for a space marine chapter

Here are the fluff about my Renegades from Akrabam

docs.google.com/document/d/1DmL6R0KF8gpMuPagoFaZ4ZsMkurBDIltuY5z-fF1oKY/edit?usp=sharing

I have a Tau FSE army painted in Red. Thinking of creating an offshoot FSE army utilizing khaki/tan armor colors and chestnut brown underarmor. Think Shoretroopers from Rogue One coloring.

In particular I also have a tau breacher kill team that surprises me often.

One model in particular may be channelling Khorne somehow. He assaulted 2 marines in a game and slayed them in combat after his blaster failed. In another mission he killed an assault marine after surviving 4 CC attacks.

Utter little savage. He has a special mark on him for every feat he accomplishes. Thinking of putting a hatchet on him as well.

That's pretty baller. Give 'im a melee weapon prop.

I've been making a regiment of Squats, mostly Guard and slowly some Marines and Terminators. I'm trying to figure out some more detailed fluff before I put them up on display over the weekend at my local GW. I was thinking they could have survived the Tyranids by either being somewhere else or maybe by basically becoming nomadic, and living in huge self sufficient Squat ship. Was thinking of naming either the planet or the ship Karak Angazuf, "Sky Iron Fortress".

That's dope. Is it purely models, or are you going to use a list for them in gameplay?

I plan on using them in game. For now I just have like 450 points of guard, probably 200 of Marines. All of them shortened and bearded.

Forgot pic. Squat sentinel.

Post more, that's baller.

The Necron Catolic Dynasty
after the dynasty awakened from the long sleep (as per usual) they had been driven to madness, they began to see canopteks as far more than machines, but spiritual guardians, divine figures, who had protected and watched over them during their slumber for millions of years. All of the non-canoptek necrons paint themselves bronze, whilst they paint the canopteks gold, to signifiy their own inferiority to their holy figures. crypteks work in a way as priests, maintaining the canopteks. however most cryteks have realised that the canopteks are not really holy in away way, they see them as just machines once again, however many abuse their ability to control the canopteks to gain political power within their tomb world or crown world.

the phaeron of the dynasty (who is as of yet un-named) had himself upgraded with the pieces of his dead cryptek assistant, who had long been his friend, and after being upgraded learned the truth of the canopteks, but dare not reveal the truth, lest his own dynasty turn against him.

Guardsmen (Guardsdwarfs?) And Command Squad

Squat Marines

Commisar and the one Scion done so far. That's about it.

I love a good creative necron backstory

I posted mine in general a few days ago, but ill do it again

The current idea is a Necron overlord who was driven mad and believes he has contracted the Flayer virus (even though he isnt, the virus is nowhere to find in his programing) He acts like a flayed one. Eating flesh, scalping, the whole business. His army does the samen even thoigh some are aware they arent really infected, because the Overlord doesnt seem to like "clean" necrons. The overlord made his cloak out of flesh and demands his Lychguard do the same.

Got this idea while making some custom flayed one models because current models are goofy. If i decide to do it i'll be greenstuffing flesh onto all of my necrons..

10/10 keep up your progress user.

I'm currently in the process of assembling and painting an IG regiment based loosely on Texas.

Got a very basic back story about how the original regiment fought and died defending a Manufactorum called The Alamodormo on their homeworld, Teksaas, from a Chaos warband. Even though they were killed to a man, they held out long enough for reinforcements to arrive and retake it.

The regiment was preserved and became known as the Lone Star Regiment due to the single star that shines over the debris of the battlefield.

Their colors as of right now are green and gray, but that's subject to change. No rough riders, sadly... can't find models for them.

You and I clearly have different definitions of the word "loosely"

Okay, maybe "loosely" wasn't the best word to use. My mistake. Other than that, how is it?