I want to read/play something truly terrible

I want to read/play something truly terrible.

Give me the worst games you can think of. The absolute worst of the worst. The dumbest, the most vile, the most broken, the most unplayable, the most incomprehensible, poorly thought-out, insane shitheaps.

Give me true absolute shit garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8TLlbVW-VA0
1d4chan.org/wiki/VTNL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I present to you the Apocalypse World Dumpster Orgy. This was in a game of mine, I made the greentext story and screencapped it a while ago. Still playing with the same group, but their autism has significantly weakened, they're practically normies now.

Wait, why?

deadEarth. Hope you like rolling 200d6 for creating a character that might not even make it past the creation stage. And you better hope that it does too. You're only allowed three character sheets. Ever.

Age of Sigmar.

This.

Also Warhammer End Times, Fall of Cadia, Gathering Storm.

Is that female character COMPLETELY naked?!

She has a collar on, so no she's not completely naked.

You sir, are correct.

>FATAL thread
>no one has posted the theme song
youtu.be/8TLlbVW-VA0

Those flesh-coloured wings never fail to bother me.

Interesting. So I take it Apocalypse World is basically like Fallout but bad?

Never heard of deadEarth. Jesus that does sound bad.

I always wondered what those were. Just thought it was some random fleshy shit. The whole pic is so bad. I kind of get the style he was going for but it's just incompetently done, just like every aspect of the game itself and everything related to it.

Well at least you can give it points for being true to the game I guess.

>tfw you look up if the song is really by the game creator

Savage Worlds
Ass mixed with white knight, covered meme components (bennues, dice, cards, figures, bladt templets...ect.)

Fuck that shit

Apocalypse World is good. He just had bad players.

Baaad? That's Bellum Maga, by Novus Dea games.

>Never heard of deadEarth. Jesus that does sound bad.

That's not even the worst part. That's just the skill roll. After that you have to roll mutations. Out of a list of 1000. Which can alter your attributes, skills, and past and future mutations.

I need that pdf, user.

Me too holy shit

So I vaguely understand it's like a White Wolf game but really terrible, or alternately reverse lefty RaHoWa but (technically, barely) playable?

The thing is while FATAL is basically the objectively worst RPG of all time, it's not that interesting of a read. Sure you occasionally get get stuff like the Armor of Jewy Jewbacca and vaginal depth stats, but the rest is basically some shithead's 900+ page tome of bad AD&D houserules. If you want some terrible with some substance you could do a lot better.

Wraethu is a terrible game about acid shooting, flower dicked pretty boy gay rapists, and it's not even a faithful adaptation of the book it's based off of.

Beast: The Primordial is a game so full of smug and denial that it actively fights against it's own premise thematically and mechanically.

The World of Synnibarr is terrible in the way that sweet airbrushed van art is terrible. It's pure excess crazy all the way through and never ponders itself.

Human Occupied Landfill is entirely handwritten and is filled with randum humor and jokes that were stale in the 90s.

Wraeththu is what you want. It is about gay bishis that have flower penises that convert other men into bishis by fucking them.

>Give me true absolute shit garbage.
But user, you are already here.

>Beast: The Primordial...actively fights against it's own premise thematically and mechanically.

How so? What's the premise and how does the game actively undermine that?

>The thing is while FATAL is basically the objectively worst RPG of all time, it's not that interesting of a read.
This.
FATAL is 95% boring, terrible rules and charts you won't remember. It's the case with several shitty RPGs, really. The Relams of Atlantasia is another example. The game isn't vile or disturbing, it's just 550 incompetently written pages filled with charts and rules, with only the odd bad NPC to break up the monotony.

I'd just like to clarify that when says 'might not make it past the creation stage' he really means it; it's completely possible for a character to die during creation.

That blew me away when I heard of it; who on Earth would think that's a good design choice!?!?!

Ask the guys that made Traveller in the early 80s...

Atlantasia is the best worst rpg.

Wasn't it some early edition of Tales from the Floating Vagabond or Traveller that infamously had the same problem?

That was at least quick and kind of funny. Unless it happened to you often but thats shit luck.

I think so too, but then again I might just have contracted some sort of Stockholm syndrome from reading it too much.

I don't have the PDF. I considered buying it for the sake of Veeky Forums rolling up a character.

Maybe someone round these parts does?

Base premise is you're a human who had your soul replaced with a horror based on the big monsters of myth like dragons, krakens, etc. As a Beast you feed by scaring the shit out of people while teaching them lessons that humanity has forgotten. They are pursued by Heroes who try to fight and kill them out of some instinctual need.

There's a lot it fucks up about, but I'll give you some bullet points.

>Heroes come off way more sympathetic than Beasts, yet the game constantly tries to shit talk Heroes and act like Beasts are the good guys
>Teaching lessons is actually bullshit and Beasts tend to feed better peeping on other supernaturals or straight up murdering a dude.
>Beasts also actively make the lives of people shittier even if they somehow manage to keep things under control.
>If they go too long without feeding their Horror (Beast replacement soul) goes out and fucks shit up on its own
>The whole game comes off as a power trip fantasy for people who don't want to admit it.
>By actively including several gay Beast couples in the in game fiction it just comes off making gay people look like souless monsters
>Sample fiction has a Beast suffocate a guy who stole some Halloween candy in a plastic bag filled with his own vomit, but since he's a frat boy the Beast is still a good guy
>Other supernaturals are actively forced to like Beasts due to mechanical reasons
>Gamergate is caused by a Beast who goes by "Null Snyper" who uses trolls for her nefarious schemes

>You're only allowed three character sheets. Ever.
>it's completely possible for a character to die during creation.

Well at least campaigns are probably pretty short

In Traveller you can die during character creation, though it's pretty rare.

Tales from the Floating Vagabond is just a shitty comedy rpg.

So 2edgy4me cringe, is that right?

That's actually incorrect. I found the pdf and it just says you have can re-roll three times during chargen and have to take the third one even if it is shitty.

I like that last bit about unfavorable situations.

>since he's a frat boy the Beast is still a good guy
I don't have a problem with this.

>Gamergate is caused by a Beast who goes by "Null Snyper" who uses trolls for her nefarious schemes

This came out recently enough to actually mention Gamergate?

I could have lived with out hearing that

Beast has only been out for maybe 2 years, and it's packed more cringe into that brief run then any of the other World of Darkness lines.

Alot of GDW games it was possible

Null Snyper is from a sourcebook that came out this January.

>Recently, Null Snyper discovered the adolescent man-children that exist where gamers and men’s rights activists overlap. She felt nothing but contempt for them, but she decided to try flexing her internet muscles. Instead of driving people to suicide through direct online interaction, she whipped up an angry mob to go after her targets. Through empty rhetoric and carefully coordinated campaigns of doxing and harassment, she terrorized players, game developers, and journalists in the industry who don’t share her trolls’ views. The first time she saw a man killed by police, live on webcam as a result of a swatting prank, ecstasy, unlike that from any other death she caused, filled her completely. She knew she was on the right track.

>Now she maintains a carefully cultivated legion of followers. Certain circles avidly follow Null Snyper’s exploits and celebrate her as a master troll. It only takes a word or two from her to unleash the fury of hordes of aspiring trolls longing to make a name for themselves. They’ll dox anyone or breach private accounts if it means gaining a small measure of notoriety by attaching themselves to her reputation.

Wait, isn't one of the big points of Gamergate the anonymity of the trolls?

I mean, I've heard of various figureheads, but isn't the meat of the whole bullshit, right or wrong, basically faceless?

I dunno, I never cared about the whole thing.
But yeah, that sounds reasonable. Which makes the concept of Null Snyper even more retarded.

Fursona for Pathfinder is pretty heinous. You know you want to make a character with this template.

It's really hard to beat fatal.

Is it wrong that the part of FATAL I dislike the most is that, RAW, rape is always male-on-female? I can live with a game being juvenile and full of sex, but I still expect those rules to well-written.

>214,132 references
>827 pages
>an average of 259 instances per page

I think it is strange that the poison jizz made from the spell only causes a save when injested by females. It merely does damage to males.

My search is only returning 104.

The later, longer, renamed version returns 153. I guess they really crammed the rape into those extra hundred and seventy pages.

They probably figure the AIDS penalty would be enough

So I was reading the Fatal & Friends page on Beast: the Primordial. Dear lord.

It's like a perfect distillation of everything wrong with White Wolf.

NWoD was a mistake.

That varied from day to day.
When somebody did something that was met with mass approval, they were a face of Gamergate.
When somebody did something really stupid that only served as fuel for the opposition, Gamergate was a bunch of nobodies with no predominant figures.

You know, like how Kotaku is always changing between being news and a blog.

VTNL.

The absolute worst RPG I own is World of Synnibarr 2e. Brief example from chargen: Using method 1 (of four), you roll up a class or race, and those all have modifiers to your stats. One of said classes is an Amazon, the warrior woman. Another is merpeople. The strength-to-damage modifiers are such that the weakest merperson is significantly stronger than the strongest amazon.

It's not as bad as FATAL or Atlantasia or whatever, but it's the worst I own.

Jesus nigger, are you using some Windows 98 version of Acrobat?

>when you go to all the trouble of buying and cleaning the book, but nobody ever saves the PDF
Fuggin grist.

elaborate?

RHW is the best lefty and pro peace pro jew game tho.

>muh errtata!!

RHW sounds terrible but im curious if any one unironically play it.

What is RHW?

Racial Holy War
Basically if storm front got into tabletop gaming.

There was an old Dragonball Z RPG that used a generic system. Because of this is made almost no mechanical sense at all

Pic related: Roll 3d6 and add 665

Well, basically, common complaints I tend to hear about White Wolf/WoD from people who hate it are that it's pretentious yet juvenile power fantasy wish-fulfillment special snowflake bullshit for depressed teens.

Now, I actually like WoD, but that description (made by detractors who really strongly don't like WoD) is actually a completely accurate, unbiased summation of B:tP, and it isn't even subtle about it.

Beasts are basically people (mostly sad, troubled, angsty, and usually young) whose souls are devoured and replaced by horrible nightmare monsters. So then they become nightmare monsters (not physically, but they become "spiritually" nightmare monsters in a "basically what otherkin believe" sense, and have all the powers of said monsters) and they have to feed their "Horror" (basically the nightmare monster that ate and replaced their soul) by preying on people and feeding on their fear.

Most of the example Beasts in the book are titanic assholes, most of said assholes are gleeful murderers, and half of said murderers are also cannibals. But you're supposed to see them as wise wonderful good guys. The book keeps saying that they do some sort of necessary service, or only scare people to "teach" them, and that this justifies it. Because nothing imparts valuable wisdom like killing and eating people. Or just maiming/robbing in some cases.

The book also has this annoying tendency to try to equate justified fear of horrible nightmare monsters with persecution of LGBT people. Also, a pretty big percentage of the fluff text (the ones that aren't about gay Beast couples bonding or innocent Beast minorities being hunted by Evil Dumb Heroes (then turning the tables and torturemurdereating them) are about teenage Beasts using their powers to get revenge on bullies.

Weird, my Internet went out.

So anyway, about Heroes. Heroes are basically people who survived an encounter with a Beast and were so traumatized that they developed an obsessive, spiritual fixation on hunting and killing Beasts. This is apparently a bad thing, because Beasts are Wonderful Wise Good Guys®.

The book repeatedly talks about how Heroes are horrible prejudiced assholes, compares them to Nazis and MRAs, and every single Hero described is basically Hitler. Author really hates Heroes, and nuanced villains apparently, since every Hero described is basically a baby eating monster, and in pre-release versions (and in his Something Awful posts) he went out of his way to insult people who wanted them to be anything else IIRC.

Also, every other Supernatural likes them and wants to be their best friend for no apparent reason, even the ones for whom it makes no sense. Except Demons. They hate Demons. And sometimes Mummies (or at least, all their comments about Mummies are bizarrely, needlessly antagonistic).

Savage Worlds isn't the "dumbest, the most vile, the most broken, the most unplayable, the most incomprehensible, poorly thought-out, insane shitheap". It's just something you don't like.

Oh and I didn't mention that Beasts are also supposed to be the most bestest strongest coolest greatest supernaturals of all, and possibly the original ones from whom all others came.

Or how incredibly smug the book is.

I don't like beast but I like some of the other nwod books like prometheo and huntster.

Mutations include

>Diarrhea – roll 1d6 every morning. On a 6 you must stop to crap d6 times that day. On a 1 you have already crapped yourself this morning – time to change your shorts.

>Lethal injection. The next time your skin is pierced, andy our blood is exposed to the atmosphere of dead Earth, you will develop a sickness which will remove one hit point at randomeach day until you are dead. A prick as small as that from aneedle could kill you

>Hooters. If you didn't have a large pair of breasts before,you do now. If you had a large pair of breasts before, now you have another set

> Disgust.
The next time you see yourself in any kind of reflection, you will be disgusted with the way you look and kill yourself.

or one of the other 1400 mutations

>Hooters. If you didn't have a large pair of breasts before,you do now. If you had a large pair of breasts before, now you have another set

How do they define "large?"

I found this pic on rpg.net

Did anyone ever make a rewrite of Beast where you play as the Heroes? Because jesus christ is it hard not to sympathize with them, if only because of how unintentionally monstrous the supposedly "wise" "good" "innocent" Beasts are.

It'd just be easier to user Hunter and fluff them differently. So much about Heroes are handwaved mechanically that you might as well start elsewhere as a base.

This. After reading about FATAL me and few shitposting buddies decided to pick up the PDF and read it, run a joke character creation to see just how bad it was and what laughs we could get. We knew the anal circumference story.
What we got was incredibly boring and badly written shit that felt like the most bland and generic fantasy material of all time. 95% of the book is dull and bland, 5% is funny due to magical items and NPCs. For all of FATAL's reputation of being a shockingly bad and hilariously awful RPG, it's actually just really, really fucking boring and uninspired.

Could you be a chill bro and post some excerpts that are funny so that we don't have to read through the whole book?

>face enemy
>touch your own balls
>jizz on enemy
>repeat until enemy dies

I'll give you three

Jar of Jacking Off - like the Cloak of Self Craving but benign. You're forced to stick your dick in it if you're male and fuck it. When you do you impregnate the jar, which then breaks once it has your baby.

Armor of Jewy Jewbacca - caused you to become a Jew.

Cloak of Self Craving - you HAVE to try to suck yourself off/eat yourself out when wearing it so you roll a Willpower check iirc. If you fail you give yourself oral and break your neck in the process, dead. If you succeed you become suicidally depressed and can't have sex for a year of ingame time.

I'm a Jew and the middle one is somehow the least offensive to me

You were warned....

Sendspace
/file/c1hhvn

In Traveller, at least, it was a press your luck mechanic. Yes, repeated tours of duty might get you a better character, but they might kill your character off and make you restart, so if your character is already good you should just retire to a life of adventure.

>Whosoever dons this armor will acquire a nose twice the size and a manhood half the size. Further, the wearer will become extremely greedy and fight to the death for one silver piece. Finally, the wearer acquires 2 inches of hair all over their body, resulting in halving their Facial Charisma and Bodily Attractiveness. While hairy, the wearer must bathe every 1d6 hours or smell foul.

Thanks, now I'm offended about that one too
All is well

>Cookie monster falling down a flight of stairs with a drum set

Holy shit they weren't joking

>The thing is while FATAL is basically the objectively worst RPG of all time.

Via The new lords is worse
When you go to a store, you can just buy stuff, you cant try to rob the guy or store, or kidnap him and ask for money, or whateaver thing you could do in real life and so in a tabletop rpg.
The game was made by a guy that decided to never play tabletop rpgs (or just played d&d once, I dont remember) and decided to make a rpg without any previous info about it, he spend 14 years doing it.

The game is basically a shitty computer rpg played with paper, pen and dice

Isn't that one where even the GM is railroaded into what they can or cannot do?

>really fucking boring and uninspired.
Its because the developers only new and played d&d, more specifically ad&d.

YES, fatal is one of those "I only know d&d and will create an rpg" games

One of the developers told in a youtube interview, they loved to play evil characters, and houseruled the hell out of AD&D, 3.0 was released, and instead of trying to learn how the game work and then houseruling the hell out of it, they decided to make their own rpg

>Isn't that one where even the GM is railroaded into what they can or cannot do?
YES.

Thats why I said its a computer rpg played with pen paper and dice

Most things are completely restricted, any character building is "completely optional", and everything must be rolled for. You roll to see what town you go into. Then you roll to see what type of stores are there. Then you roll to see if the particular subtype of store is there. Then you roll for what items it carries. Then you roll for each item it carries' quantity. Then you roll to see which one you buy of a group, IE swords or armor. Then you roll for its price. You can't haggle, steal, or anything, also.

All of this had to be done on a specialized dice field using only specialized dice.

It was made by a bunch of Russian dudes who said they didn't like D&D, and I'm convinced the whole game was a prank.

Oh I remember that shit. Its the game where there's an entire chapter dedicated to fucking dice rolling. And the GM is encouraged to punch players in the face for not rolling properly.

It ALMOST sounds like an interesting or benign concept, making the GM into a player as well and having them go through adventures with the party, but at that point why have a GM or a game anyway? Just put a computer in charge. It's about as much free will as the GM gets anyway.

>tfw ywn punch players in the face and justify it using the game rules as written

Can't find anything about Via The New Lords. Tell me more.

From what I heard, it dealt with Gender Politics...and monsters.

Try its actual name, Via the New Legends.

1d4chan.org/wiki/VTNL

>Interesting. So I take it Apocalypse World is basically like Fallout but bad?
The user who posted that story is probably a troll called virtualautism. He shits on certain games whenever he can, but he really loves trolling about Apocalypse World.

I wouldn't say it deals with gender politics except in the sense that the author compares Heroes (the supposed "bad guys," by virtue of hunting Beasts) to MRAs and PUAs (and racists and homophobes).

It does attempt a sort of pro-LGBT/anti-homophobia message. The problem is that kind of falls flat when A) Beasts are horrible nightmare monsters that feed on fear, B) most Beasts are hideously unlikeable fuckers, C) the game keeps flip-flopping on whether the Horror (Beasthood) is a choice or something you're born with, and D) how Heroes very consistently have no choice in the matter (they become Heroes due to being hurt/horribly traumatized by a Beast, mostly), and are driven by an instinctual urge to hunt Beasts just as Beasts are driven by an instinctual urge to be predatory assholes. Regarding that last one, it has sort of an unpleasant implication that hating people for things they can't control is A-OK if those people aren't cool/special enough to be Beasts.

With how unintentionally awful it makes the Beasts and how unintentionally sympathetic it makes the Heroes it does kind of shit all over its own supposed message.

Thanks

Not GURPS