Connected to Magicknet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Host_Hexxers.trid
>Analyze_Device.grimoire
>Jack_Armitage.knwsft
>Spirit_Meets_Sprite.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 843 (99% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'I love that being Awakened in no way interferes with my ability to use computers'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Pixie_With_A_Fairlight.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

So, user, how does magic meet machine in your game?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20120829213544/http://runrig.tripod.com/down.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>So, user, how does magic meet machine in your game?
Just fine, until someone tries something stupid like juicing their brain up on mana and trying to work through a datajack or trodes.

If they can't overcome the device's resistance, no go. If they glitch, gremlins and confused sprites start pestering them. Critglitches haven't happened yet, and I kinda hope they don't.

Players have wisely stopped trying to cheese adept deckers.

Remember, adept deckers are cool in a protagonist-centered videogame, but you're not the protagonist in tabletop.

What is this Shadowrun thing?

Magical/Scientific theory applies to Technomancy is a bit of a theme in the campaign I'm planning.

Did it backfire on whoever researched it ?
Yes
Are my players gonna suffer investigating it ?
Hell ye.

Cyberpunk in an awkward transition to Urban Fantasy.

And like most trannies, it's trying to hard to be something that it just can't pass as. Mainly due to game design, rules, and the editing that makes it almost impossible to grok and play without a ton of houserules.

Also
>Check the pastebin in the first post.

Ah, thanks. I did not notice the pastebin at first.

What book can I learn about cyberzombies in?

That's a good hook.

Studying technomancy seems like it would be a great career. You get reams and reams of data, and it's often contradictory, so you get to come up with whatever theories you want.

Plus you get to stick needles in toasterlovers' brains.

Jackpointers get out REEEEEEEEEEE!

Clockwork dindu nuffin tho.

what? How the hell does "being good at decking" count as hogging the spotlight?
>inb4 he'd be better than a non-adept decker
Who gives a fuck? If you have more than one decker, than there's already something very wrong.

Okay, lets put it another way. If you put all your adept shit into decking instead of counterspelling, then bloodmages will eat your veins.

>clearly my obnoxiousness did not monopolize enough of the previous thread
>better bring up the same bullshit in the first post of the next one

I'm sorry, you must have meant to reply to the first post of the thread that opened with this very topic in mind.

>/srg/ Shadowrun General - Adept Decker Edition

New magic book gets released and the autists are out in force. Go figure.

>retard took the bait again

Magic is not only compatible with technology, it literally creates technomancers. If that's not magic meeting machine I don't know what is.

Oh looks like CGL fucked themselves up royally again.

Get this garbage out of here, technomancy is best when it's completely separate and unexplained.

6E wishlist:
>Anyone other than CGL getting the license for Shadowrun
>Except Paizo, down that path lays further misery

I agree on having it separate (unexplained is boring at a certain point) but that's not the world we live in. Magic can grant Resonance scores.

I don't agree with everything revolving around magic and it being the end-all be all.

Technomancy to be should be kept separate mostly in the term of universe balance. Sure it's considered the Magic of the Matrix but the two being segregated means that there is a balance within the various elements of the world.

But hey, I guess CGL actually doesn't follow it's own rules.

It's not the only magic-influenced tech in Book of the Lost. You can get all kinds of stuff delivered to your commlink, from Harlequin's number to air strike/orbital laser targeting to a ticket to Z-O with credentials that let you past most security, or you can insta-brick devices you see or can detect via commlink. Not to mention that the digitally projected cards are just as magical as the regular paper ones.

I would do many terrible things for our lord and saviour John Harper to get the licence, but that ain't happening any time soon.

Yekka, you can't take Alchemical Bomb Maker no matter what. Even as an Islamic Mage, you can't take it. Doesn't matter if you took Advanced Alchemy either, nope, doesn't work.

I wonder if we could get enough money through a go fund me or kickstarter or something to buy the license

Got the Advanced Alchemy Art? I had it set to trigger off the art rather than the metamagic, which may be incorrect.

It requires the Metamagic, not the Art. Always the Metamagic. The Arts are just fluff shit that's unnecessary, if mildly flavorful.

That and desu having the Arts makes the Initiation page look weird, since you don't have enough Arts to take one at every grade, which irks me.

No. Not unless you're a famous and well-respected publishing company, nobody's giving you a dime. Besides, I'd rather see it in CGL's hands than in the hands of a brainless user who can't write AND will ruin the business side of it to the point that the vidya stops and nobody ever wants to get near SR again.

Leaving aside that they have no reason to sell in the first place.

Strictly speaking you don't have to take an Art at every initiation; after double-checking though, I can see that the alchemical bomb maker ones are wrong, but I'll have to leave the Blood Necromancer the way it is, since there's no Blood Magic metamagic to key off. Anyway, will be fixed shortly.

Sacrifice is the Blood Magic Metamagic.

Unless you're a mysad or adept, in which case Sacrifice is/can be replaced with Cannibalize. There's some shenanigans I can do to make it key off anything that would require that Art, I guess.

This is a bit of an odd query, but I'm trying to find a character creation program for each edition of SR. 3-5 are easy, it's NSRCG, Chummer, and Chummer5a. I doubt there'd be one for SR1, unless it's written for something bizarre like the Amiga, but I did find a page for an SR2 one. At least I think it's SR2. I can't download it to check.

This is the (archived version of the) page: web.archive.org/web/20120829213544/http://runrig.tripod.com/down.html
Does anybody know if SRCG 1.4 is for SR2, and if it is, does anybody have a working download link?

>Does anybody know if SRCG 1.4 is for SR2
Just checked the Sourcebooks page, it appears to be some sort of combination of 1E and 2E.

I'm starting a new campaign soon with a bunch of new players who aren't terribly familiar with the world outside cyberpunk + magic. It's sounding like they want a pink mohawk-ish game.

Thing is, I'm plumb out of campaign ideas. Anyone have a story that's been working out well for them that I can steal? Or something you've been waiting for the chance to use yourself?

I'm actually in a similar situation, and have been milling around ideas in my head. Here's the most fleshed out one, although it's a little goofy:

>Run 1
The players are hired by Corp A to steal McGuffin from Corp B. Straight forward and simple. During run, something happens to knockout the power (Or maybe the runners need to in order to get in or something). Shit gets really uncomfortable in dark hallways, but other than that, it's pretty normal.

>Run 2
About a week later, Corp B unwittingly hired players to steal McGuffin back from Corp A. During the blackout, Corp B lost security footage, and does not know that the players are the runners from Run 1. Throw in some other element to make the run interesting, but otherwise, that's all there is too it.

>Run 3
Another miscellaneous amount of time later, Corp B hires the players to protect McGuffin as it's transported somewhere as they expect Corp A will try to steal it back. Not long after that meet, Corp A hires players to steal McGuffin AGAIN as it's being transported. And if that's not contrived enough, some third party hires the players to destroy the McGuffin because it's actually hella dangerous.

No idea how it may turn out. I imagine the players coming up with some absurd triple-con to try to get a payday out of all three.

>I imagine the players coming up with some absurd triple-con to try to get a payday out of all three.

>implying he can't do both

Dude, you just need magic+will+initiation grade, don't need to put counterspell dice on top of that.

So its been a good half a year since I last popped in. Whats new chummers? Are Adepts still better than anyone at everything?

Friendly reminder that thanks to Regeneration and multiple different ways to acquire it, it's now possible for just a few Adepts to be exploited by a harvesters to supply the entirety of the world with the necessary amount of veins.

>Are Adepts still better than anyone at everything?
>Implying adepts aren't /ourguys/

I think you mean Mages on that question, omae. All Adepts are better at is getting their veins harvested by Mages in order to fuel the new magical components.

Wait what? When did adepts arart getting their veins harvested? Did the fliff get more retarded?

But back to the original question. So the game still sort of has the problem of "Mages/Adepts" solve everything?

Started* and fluff* man fuck this phone keyboard.

>When did adepts arart getting their veins harvested?
The latest book added Adept Veins as an alchemical ingredient.

How it works is adepts (I assume you're talking about combat adepts here, your Kenshiro) tend to have higher pools, but lower limits. Meaning you'll hit more often but do less damage than the street sam. Meanwhile street sams hit harder. That gets kind of muddled with bioadepts, but that's kind of the general rule of thumb.

>So the game still sort of has the problem of "Mages/Adepts" solve everything?

It always will until mundanes can get access to proper ways to counter spells.

My GM currently gives [ESS deficit] in counterspelling dice, does that count?

No, because that'd mean you need to use the Spell Defense action as a Free Action or a -5 Initiative Interrupt Action.

What you want it to be is a resistance bonus equal to the essence deficit.

>What you want it to be is a resistance bonus equal to the essence deficit.
I think that might actually be how we've been running it. Or something. I don't recall ever being asked if I have my Free Action or enough init for an interrupt.

I don't know, man, I'm just the street sam.

Like the astral smoke grenades from 4e?

Like easy access to background counts through emotions and killing living things, or access to mundane summoning The Calling ritual and spirits that can directly counter spells? Or the way tech allows you to avoid entering LOS vs mages?

I assume this also happens to adepts that want to punch people and adepts that want to face? Wow, your game sounds unfun.

It just happens to adepts, full stop, now that they're tasty mage snacks and blood mages can cast viscera web and harvest veins at their leisure from the absolutely fucked adept.

Don't blame that user, blame CGL's new book.

Adept veins are now a reagent that allows mages to nosell physical drain for one uberspell or spirit summoning.

And it's availability 14R. R, not F. Shit's fucked.

I hadn't even considered that application of viscera. Blood mages are getting even more concerning. Gas the Azzies, Mage War Now.

So CGL in their infinite wisdom basically fluffed it so adepts are pretty much unplayable?

Classic CGL.

You guys are just overexaggerating the danger blood mages are, right?
Unless your GM is a dickhead the chances of you running into a blood mage are pretty small unless you actively hunt for them (which could be a neat plot hook), given that everyone and their mother despises blood mages.
If one is after your veins just go, "hey everyone, it's a blood mage" and watch everyone immediately hunt their stupid ass.

How viable is playing an honest to goodness blind character? Without taking cyber eyes. Magical stuff is fine though.

Yeah, but every mage can use this reagent. The fluff even goes into detail that some talismongers will lie about its ingredients to sell it to people who normally wouldn't be okay with metahuman-based reagents.

And, it's only 14R. You can get it with a license. It should be Forbidden, it really should.

With this stuff, you can summon and bind Force 12 spirits with two doses and not risk a single physical box.

And no, the new book has some really nasty blood mage spells. We're not overexaggerating the danger of blood mages. Running against Aztechnology is gonna get reeeaaaal unpopular.

You need astral perception if you want to be blind and not suck.

Oh, I definitely agree about the fact it should be rating F. But it's not unlike CGL to have some dumb rule in their books and something like this can easily be houseruled.

I just don't get why people are suddenly saying adepts are finished? Adepts at least have the option now to defend themselves against spells. Mundanes don't have shit and they still might have to run against blood mages.

Because Mundanes don't have the path to UNLIMITED POWAH! literally in their veins.

Adepts do. Did you miss how you can cast force 12 spells or summon/bind force 12 spirits without physical drain with this crazy shit? Imagine one of those Azzie ritual circles getting hopped up on this...

>Unless your GM is a dickhead the chances of you running into a blood mage are pretty small

>It wasn’t too long ago that rumors started about blood magic making an appearance on the streets. More and more, you’d see a dagger to a bleeding arm and a bunch of barrens hoods turning into literal splatterpunks.

>Still, blood magic, prolifc and street level … that’s enough to make anyone want to lock up with some deep bottles and a lot of ammo.

Hey guys, i'm potentially running a game for some friends and I've got a fairly basic run to do. Bust some dude out of an insane asylum, and replace him with a dead body double, making it look like he died in the middle of the night. They still get paid the majority if they fail the second part but still get him out. My plan was to have him be a low level mage of some kind to complicate things when they unrestrain him. Is this kinda stupid? Also, does the core book have stat blocks for corp mage equivelants?

I give mundanes a counter spelling dice pool equal to their essence loss.

To all those shitposting about Veins of the Adept, it only bypasses PHYSICAL DRAIN, which only happens if your HITS are greater than the FORCE of the spell. Not if FORCE is greater than MAGIC.

Exactly. Mundanes don't. This shit is gonna fly over their heads.
But most adepts probably know about this shit. If I was a GM I'd let my adepts have basic knowledge about it anyway. So they'll go out of their way to avoid running into bloodmages.
People are acting like bloodmages are going to be running around tearing the veins out of adepts in broad daylight. Nobody is that stupid. If a bloodmage is preparing to rip your veins out, you probably met them on their terms and in that case, you fucked up bad.
Don't get me wrong, it's nasty shit, but adepts are not suddenly unplayable like everyone here seems to be doomsaying.

>To all those trying to help CGL with their ass end shitty way of trying to balance broken ass adepts
>Don't

It's not shit posting omae. Just wishful thinking.

What? Adepts aren't even unabalanced, with the sole exception of people that cheese the everliving fuck out of Bioadepts to be massive cunts.

I hope CGL makes every mage build this sought-after. Finally an actual believable reason for a magic rating 6 mage to be in the shadows other than "hehe he's in the shadows cuz he's a rebel!"

>adepts aren't cheese
>Well besides this well known cheese that adepts are used for
Wut

Is that all you need?

What? That's always been the reason. The Corps will literally kill people, blackmail your family, and all sorts of other shit to force you to work for them. That's been canon since like 1e.

user, one specific instance of a thing being retarded doesn't mean that the entire thing is retarded. This is a fairly simple concept. Adepts that aren't bullshitting their way through things by using 'ware are perfectly fine, and if anything, actually on the weak end of the spectrum for things, really. They're pretty bad.

if you just want to see while technically being blind then yeah

See
Seems like CGL is setting up a new metaplot or something, don't it?

>one cheese build
>hundreds of regular functional and fun builds
He's right, nice nitpicking tho

Yeah. It lets you see while being blind.

Would radar sensor count against your anti-cyber stance?

Dumb question of the day, folks. Superhuman Psychosis states that you can't combine it with a Code of Honor. Would a Code of Honor that's less about mercy and more about standards be valid here, or does the ruling stand?
Don't worry, this isn't for a played character.

If it's for an NPC why would it matter what negative qualities they have?

Having a code of honor doesn't necessarily mean you have the actual quality. And you'd probably want the Consummate Professional quality instead.

There's some stuff in Forbidden Arcana that lets you seen exactly what a character's qualities are, PC or NPC.

Bad habits? It's more of a curiosity that occurred to me than anything else.

Didn't know that

Fair enough

I'm assuming that ruling was intended for PC's to avoid cheese with how both qualities work mechanically. I'd say giving an NPC a code of honor and super human psychosis wouldn't be in bad practice at all. Obviously, that's assuming the code of honor you give him isn't diametrically opposed to super human psychosis.

Nah, not at all. It's more of a code of not being shit at your job.

>Would a Code of Honor that's less about mercy and more about standards be valid here, or does the ruling stand?

Code Of Honour is;
>The character has a binding Code of Honor when it comes to killing members of a specifc group; it’s a matter of unwavering principle.
No two ways about it, if you have *this* negative quality, there are people you won't kill or will feel so bad about killing that you lose karma by doing it - even if you didn't mean to.

Superhuman Psychosis is;
>Does a person that steps on ants feel bad? If not, then why should you feel anything toward these lesser beings of the old human race?
>The character has absolutely no moral qualms about killing people, seeing it as his right. They won’t go out of their way to kill people, but also won’t hesitate to kill anyone, even going up to mass murder—they just don’t value the lives of lesser beings.
You don't just not care for other people, you hold them in contempt that only barely changes to 'interested' when someone threatening appears that you can squash or fight instead.

Zero compatibility between the two.

That is concerning? And not that the Azzies have access to astral bridge that leads straight to the horrors?

Personally, I'm just happy blood mages get their own scary spells. Toxics were already scary because they got radiation spells, which are indirect combat spells that ignore armor and give you radiation poisoning. Now blood mages get their own scary spells.

I thought that got fucked up when Dunkelzahn Aloha Snackbar'd?

Read the end of the wild spirits part
The fovae or whatever is broken bridge to the horrors.
Its not magic void. It sucks magic and sends it to the horro demiplane.

>Double dubs
Nice

Yekka, Mystic Foreman doesn't work under qualities. It requires Industrial Engineering 4, but... that's not a skill. Like, I know it says that in the book, but that's just... literally not a skill. Industrial MECHANIC is, and Industrial Engineering might exist as a KNOWLEDGE skill, but uh, yeah.

Well shit. Now I kind of feel bad for yelling at nuke-happy user. Not even toxics are as bad as Horrors.

Wait, can we still get Horrors? I thought they'd divorced SR from Earthdawn?

By the power of my dubs, kill the azzies

Can I get a quick rundown on the Az-Am war?

Can you give allies the powers of great form spirits of your tradition?

Azzies were the aggressors/assholes pretty much throughout. And damn near wiped out the Amazon with all those shitty people eater plants they planted in the border. Azzie scumery knows no bounds.

>A man who uses great power for good

Not the hero we deserved, but the one we needed.

Azzies also got btfo by Sirrurg if I recall correctly. They almost killed him in return, but he's trashed most of their infrastructure and farms.

Azzies and Amazonia are both hurting, Azzies slightly more in my opinion.

>6E wishlist:
>>Anyone other than CGL getting the license for Shadowrun

FFG