suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/52960138/
docs.google.com/document/d/14psojXENziGbtl5Lf_Irjq7fc3iqlmiHEl7ItRep5eg
youtu.be/ksJpuznVJFM
sageadvice.eu/2014/11/04/warding-bond/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Eberron is the fucking shit.

stat me up, 5eg.

Good min/max Wizard guide?

Alright in my honest opinion fuck off with shitty stat posts and threads unless there's an actual reason for it /10

First time DM here. I need a major villain for a greek campaign. What comes to mind? What would be interesting?

Can never go wrong with a Gorgon or a Hydra.

woah, no need to be so upset about a silly joke.

it's a lifestealer dragon, apparently a thing that exists, even if i never use it i still want to know what other people think.

or you know, make conversation and shit...

Hubris

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhon

The problem is it stopped being funny a long time ago.

However to answer I'd build it on the dragon stat block but make it's bite attacks do necrotic that heal it for however much damage it did. Might make it so if the bite does hit you are grappled and where ever it's face is.

Possibly even change it's breathe attack to a mindflayer style mind blast to keep in theme with stunning it's prey.

I think I decided I don't like the way this game plays out in standard modules.
But I fucking love playing it with homebrew shit.

Anyone else?

Not sure never have run a module, me and friends have done nothing but homebrew.

I was in this boat for a long time but then wanted to give some standard modules a try and I really hated it.
I admit it made it feel a lot more like a "game" that's for sure. But not in a good way.

Put this in the last thread; didn't notice a new one was starting.

My tiny 3-person group is starting a Curse of Strahd game soon. Looking through the recent Unearthed Arcana, I notice they finished the Mystic a bit ago. Can I get some input on how well it plays? What subclasses are most optimal? Can I carry my under-experienced friends well enough with it?

Failing that, any recommendations for what I could carry them with?

No experience with the mystic but OoA or Devotion paladin are really good for what you'll be facing.

Yeah, having atleast looked at them at my LGS I noticed it would really lock in what all you can do and how far "off path" you can go before it'd throw off the planned adventure.

Any Paladin and any Cleric will screw Strahd. Try to make a full melee with one dex based fighter.

Yeah, was unfortunate, I was hoping they'd make for some fun one-shots but we just couldn't bring ourselves to slog through the whole thing.

I guess on the upside, makes me feel good that my group prefers my DMing to the "by the book."

Putting warding bond on a raging barbarian would only basically inflict damage on the caster and not actually help whatsoever.
Uncanny dodge could work.

2 things

What are some good question to ask player about their characters so they can develop them

How to make combat more engaging /difficult

Persian king

>How to make combat more engaging /difficult

Most simple way is environment/terrain.
Giving players options to climb things, and pits to throw people into, or things to throw people off of is always great fun, and also adds an element of danger if you make it clear to them that they might also be the ones knocked off/thrown in.

>What are some good question to ask player about their characters so they can develop them
I'd try this litmus test: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/52960138/
Also there's a questionnaire in /5eg/ discord pins: docs.google.com/document/d/14psojXENziGbtl5Lf_Irjq7fc3iqlmiHEl7ItRep5eg

I got some old books for AD&D from a nice older gal who's now in my 5e game. Would a +1 weapon scale evenly from AD&D to 5e? I mean it sounds like a dumb question but I feel like it's valid for conversion questions.

+1 weapons are in 5e too you know.
And they do the same thing they ever have.

Hey man, just checking.

Do you guys ever have any moments you would consider genuinely touching in character?

I didn't think that sort of thing would ever actually happen in the group I played with but we kind of had a moment today.

All the time, user.
youtu.be/ksJpuznVJFM

anybody got this in PDF yet ?
is it any good ?

Just fucking buy the pdf yourself, cheapfag.

im a student + yuropoor

That facial hair doesn't look very good that close up.

It's a Barbarian/Cleric casting it on someone else.

I have, and they are the best experiences and the groups that produce them are the best groups.

provide the pdf

So now that it's monthly, when's UA?

Also is there any idea when the new Planeshift comes out? I'm not into Magic but the Egyptian thing looks pretty sick.

First or second Monday of every month. Revised subclasses was this month. The next one will be June 5th.

Well fuck, hope it's something good for that wait. If they put forth a new version of Artificer and Mystic in one it could be cool.

I hope for Artificer over Mystic though.

My players saved an orphanage full of kids from a fate that would lead to being drugged for years and becoming GOO cultists. After removing the warlocks that ran the place and breaking the charm on the staff, all the adults in the place were worrying what they were going to do with the kids and how to make their lives not shit.
The party immediately gave up all of their gold to the orphanage to help them buy supplies, toys (which were conspicuously lacking- kept by the kids who had grown up into druggie cultists) books, etc. Completely unexpected, they told me after that I had "roleplayed the shit out of those kids" and had captured all of their hearts and they wanted nothing more than to help however they could.

If November's release (Midway) is really the first major splat, we might not see another UA release before they're put to print.

Although I could see Artificer going through another revision or two and being delayed until an Eberron book proper is put out.

Especially since Artificer = Eberron really. You can't put the setting out without the class and the class doesn't fit into other places well.

I have a feeling a PHB 2 or Expanded Options or whatever they call it will have Mystic, because it fits into the majority of current settings so you can't put it behind a fluff barrier in a certain one.

Aside from those two I can't really think of any classes who you can't make in 5e or just stick into a subclass. So maybe after those two no more class releases.

sageadvice.eu/2014/11/04/warding-bond/
Well, apparently it could work unless there's something in the rule Jeremy forgot.
Considering it's
>Damage is taken from sword
>Damage is reduced
>Damage is resolved for Player X
>Damage is taken from warding bond
>Damage is reduced
>Damage is resolved for Player Cleric

It's not crazy powerful and it's at least 3 levels of cleric with at least 3 levels of barbarian and there's the 'can't cast while raging' clause so it's all a bit of a mess, but it's valid.

I wasn't saying it's crazy or anything, just a cool thing. A guy in last thread reminded me of Kord and really Barbarian/Cleric captures him so well.

Anyone have cool ideas for a Seeker Warlock's Patron? Their first and last abilities are so cool.

Also I'm trying to figure out how to use their level 6 but I can't think of any situations it would help.

>How to make combat more engaging /difficult

I use a timer mechanic, i.e in 3 turns a warlock summons a demon. Also random encounters work pretty well.

>When a cheesy multiclass actually makes sense in both my characters background and the party makeup

Think I should ask the DM if I can take Fighter levels on my Wizard? I am a Battlemage traveling with a bunch of martals.

>Join a group my buddy is in that's starting a new campaign after finishing their previous one a few weeks back
>5-man group
>3 people legit think con is a dump stat
>the 3 believe you need a dedicated healer and that life is the only good cleric domain
>they believe wizard is only good for chucking fireballs and that evocation is the only good wizard school and the class as a whole is bad compared to sorcerer
>they unironically believes that beastmaster ranger in the phb is borderline overpowered
>they think bard is the worst class in the game
What did I get myself into?

So Barbarian can maintained Spiritual Weapon, Blink and Mirror Image right?

What are some other good spell for them?

Why do you keep posting this? No one care.

Videogamer. Play Lore Bard or Diviner Wizard or Druid and show them how to play the true TRPG.

Is there anything in classical mythology or related things that I could relatively reasonably refluff the Aetherborn race as?

Greek/Roman preferably, but I wouldn't mind stretching it to other mythologies.

Going to start DMing soon and one of the players I've lined up for it is a Mystic.

He's a decent enough player but tends to lean towards murderhoboing if not moderated by the rest of the party. All the other players are solid, though.

Would it be a mistake to let him play Mystic? I'm not that familiar with it as a class, but I know Veeky Forums had a number of opinions about it.

I'm filling out a questionnaire thing to help get a better idea of my character's personality and first question I'm stumped.

"What does your character value most in life?"

Aside from the obvious answer (Coin and Cleavage) does anyone have any ideas for a Paladin who's an ex-soldier? I've got nothing else about the character's background so far.

Next time I have to ask how they came to these conclusions. I've never encountered a group that misunderstood the game to that extent.

If you're a paladin, you should seriously have something you value, otherwise why are you the class that's essentially fuelled by 'I shall avenge my dwarf city against the giants that destroyed it!' or 'I will do anything to protect the crown!' or 'I won't rest until there's peace!'

Seriously, do you even have an oath at all you're planning on getting?

Not yet. This is my first character and I've got nothing so far.

Values JUSTICE

Or just wants a quiet life on the farm, but doesn't see anyone else as capable of resolving the troubles of the world, so can never put his sword down.

Fairly new to DnD, we've been playing for a couple of months or so and as we've already had a party member die and re-roll I thought I better prepare a backup character.

I saw wizards have produced rules for the Kor race from MTG in the zendikar supplement and I would like to make a character roughly based on the stoneforge mystic/ nahiri character.

What would be the best class for this? Some sort of blacksmith with access to magic? I saw they added the Artificer class in the new book - would that be a good starting point?

Forge Cleric. Get a free magic weapon/armour, weapon buff spells, white magic and the ability to make a weapon out of any spare metal. I'm sure you could convince your DM to let you use your channel divinity to forge a stone weapon straight out of a rock.

Also good taste.

I like to use them for inspiration. Check out a few of the cool sounding ones, and use them.
Death Frost Doom, sinkholes from some elemental evil quest. Maze of the blue medusa. All these things inspired something in my campaign.

I'd probably decide which oath you like the look of best.

Ancients is kinda druidic/warden-ish or just for 'ancient' shit, and is more supportive.
Vengeance is less of the typical 'lawful good' paladin, often being more chaotic or neutral or something, and often edgier, but can be done well. They're more of the damagey sort.
Devotion is kinda inbetween, though paladins in general are pretty supportive.
Crown is kinda defend-friends supportive.
Oathbreaker is overpowereddamage undead-fiend antipaladin.
I won't even mention the UA paladins, I'm not keen on them.

Once you decide on that you can get a good idea of what things they might want relating to their oath.

So far I'm really feeling Crown. I've read their abilities and they look cool even if they're not that strong from what I've heard.

I guess he'd be a really protector-y sort and I could make him a War Hero or something with his background as a soldier.

If you want to play into crown's flavour, you could have royalty or some noble figure as a thing that you 'value', because they saved you from something or you owe them a debt after bailing you out of something or whatever.
If you just want the mechanics and don't care about the flavour, you could probably refluff the flavour as something about wanting to protect friends, other soldiers, teammates or whatever. I think an idea of 'I've seen many other soldiers come and go and many die in my lifetime, and while most would become desensitised like everybody else, more than anything I want to still be able to feel after everything I've been through' and maybe even the thing that could be valued there is simply still caring about each others' lives.

I mean, just suggestions. For all you know the DM has a setting where there's hardly any fighting so hardly anyone has died and soldiers are mostly a preventative measure.

It's not bad but damn it's full of power creep.

Is there anything good (Homebrew or otherwise) for:
>Nonspellcasting alchemist?
>Nonspellcasting engineer type?

What are the best Magus/swordmage options floating around?

Why is Orcus more intimidating?

That sounds perfect. I'll have to look into that class - which book is it in?

It's an Unearthed Arcana option. So it's made by WotC for free but not technically official. Basically ask your DM before using it.

Google "Unearthed Arcana: Cleric" and there should be a pdf. with 3 new Cleric options and it's one of them.

So what are the best class UAs out at the moment. I've managed to get one of my players to run White Plume Mountain for a few sessions so I can get a break from GMing, and now I've got to actually design a character for the first time in a few years.
Which UAs are the most fun/balanced/unique in your opinion? I was leaning towards artificer or bladesinger, but that's purely from their theme and I've got no idea how well they perform in-game

How balanced are Mystics?

Best as in "most balance/flavorful", or best as in "most effective?"

Nope, too be fair in D&D settings non-magical engineer is a job, not an adventure. I'd play a Forge Cleric for Fabricate over an Artificer as well.

Eldritch Knight for defence, refluffed Paladin for offence and Stone Sorcerer for actually mixing spells and weapons with quickened/twinned BB/GFB.

As in balance/flavourful. I wouldn't want to be completely useless, but as long as I'm vaguely on the powerlevel of similar-levelled characters I'm happy.

Which are the high CR creatures that make the hardest boss encounters?

REFLUFF

Well I just read the stats and I've gotta say, he looks much harder to actually fuck up then Tiamat.

He can just Time Stop, summon 250 Crawling Claws, then spam his Creeping Death and Blight while also fucking over the entire action economy for one round. If anyone dies or he's near dead bodies then he can raise them as an undead.

Mostly he seems like he actually has ways to bullshit you in a fight rather then Tiamat who just deals moar damage.

I imagine there's better options then summoning 250 Crawling Claws but those seemed like the funnest option. He can also summon infinite Avatar's of Death if you want to really cheese it or a couple of Count Strahd's because why not.

Beholder

It can float, antimagic cone and disintegrate eye

Is it at least worth the price tag?

If I don't take Wish, which is really fucking unlikely, I'm fairly seriously considering taking Imprisonment for my Arcana Cleric because he's pretty much meant to be an exorcist / monster hunter and this would complete him super flavourfully, even if it's useless 90% of the time.

My question is there a way to stack the odds in failing the Wisdom save? It takes a minute and the kind of things you want to use Imprisonment on will have legendary resistance.

It's not like Feeblemind will help or that I could pull off lore wizard bullshit and change the save to Dex once they're unconscious for an automatic fail.

Why is it so hard to banish Asmodeus for all eternity?

Welp, just lost my Goblin UA Ranger to the fire giant king in Storm King's Thunder. Gotta roll up a new character before we continue tomorrow starting with Marrowsnap's funeral.

What should my next character be guys? I'm so shocked by the death that I can't seem to think of any good concepts for "The Guild of Misfit Adventurers."

The party comp was
Dwarf Paladin of Helm
Tiefling Sorcerer
Earth Genasi Warlock with the earth elemental prince as her patron
Human Bard.

Kobold Cleric.

Make him a loveable little goofball at most timees but when he gets into combat he becomes a spiteful avatar of (Whatever god you pick)

Bestow Curse to give Disadvantage on the save. Also it's cheesy as fuck but there's three ways to make the save more likely.

Multiclass 2 Lore Wizard for obvious reasons, multiclass 2 theurge for +2 Save DC or multiclass 2 into Diviner for Portent.

13th Age does this very well with the escalation die so I'd recommend checking that out (I think it's mostly for players but some monsters may use it too). The escalation die basically is a d6 that starts at zero, goes up by one at the start of each turn after the first, and players gain +hit and +damage equal to the number on the die. Some abilities can only be used past a certain number on the die, so e.g. the barbarian can rage only once a day but if the battle goes on for 4 rounds, they can enter a rage for free. I think it's mostly used to simplify cooldowns and resources, and so that that battle isn't the same all the way through, sort of like a softer boss phase mechanic.

Personally I strive to have an interesting new environmental effect every encounter that means something, be it a mere collapsing wall or a pit into hell you have to fight around. It invites creative solutions and rewards players taking abilities beyond "I hit things hard".

I had my one player actually, genuinely care about the daughter of a king. I expected for her to be essentially nothing more than some treasure, but I was wrong.

>dyes
>friendly
desu that's actually a good choice to ptp

>portent

Oh fuck, that might just work, I'd go with Lore Wizard otherwise but we're playing with both PHB+1 and no UA

>Kobold War Cleric of Kord
>Wields a regular sized axe the same size as himself
Is there a Monkey's Grip-esque feat or something that lets you wield weapons a catagory larger then you?

Well with Kobolds Pack Tactics, Sunlight Sensitivity and small size they can actually have a better chance then most small races. Basically they can stack as many Disadvantages as they want on themselves and easily cancel it out with advantage.

I'd recommend just going for a Versatile Battleaxe though.

Wrong one

Why the fuck does Tiamat have such few spells? What's up with that?

The mystic can be very versatile because of the options they get, that's pretty much it

Awesome I'll take a look. Do you have any recommendations when building the character? I'm not familiar with cleric at all and we would be starting at level 3

is there a way or a collective PDF that takes all the cool unused 4E spells and adjusts them to 5e ???

i know 4e was more tactical, but i think 5e lacks tactical gameplay

Depends on the party make up. Forge Clerics make awesome tanks and pretty good damage dealers. Mostly supporting the rest of the party though.

The only big issue is you don't get Martial weapons. So if you want to go DEX to help with your race you have three options. Dagger and Shield which sounds gay but it's only like -2 damage compared to a Longsword on you, Bows which are probably they best or asking to multiclass UA. If you're not too worried about being completely MAX power then you can also pick up Weapon Mastery feat. If you take weapon mastery then Short Sword, Longbow and Whips seem like the real Kor way to do things.

Other then that you're pretty much a tanky guy or a really accurate guy who uses buff and control spells.

So letting him play it is legit? I've started reading through the PDF, but it's a long fucker, even by class standards.

Anything I should restrict?

If you have a bard or rogue trying to skill monkey, you may want to ban the discipline called "Nomadic Mind" that could take the spotlight whenever skillchecks happen but that's all.

Gotcha. Cheers!

So, there's an up and coming SKT game that I'll attend and I am in kind of a bind regarding what to play.

I've narrowed it down to wizard or druid, as I've never played either and the group is missing a spellcaster.
I know that wizard is masterrace, but can anyone sell me on druid?
Pros and cons?
Decent feats?

Help me /5eg/. ;_;
Also, they're allowing all the UA's, but the DM knows about the dumb nuclear druid thing and it's not something I am interested in.

Circle of the Moon nigga. Its a fucking blast.
You get access to the best spell list in the game and when shit gets too real just morph into a fucking elephant and squish a nigga with your magic natural weapons.