Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Ancient Ruins Edition: What ancient artifacts, dangerous demiliches, treacherous traps, and risky ruins have your party encountered?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dreadcentral.com/news/227829/exclusive-sci-fi-rpg-starfinder-announces-undead-planet-images/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Ancient Ruins edition
>Treacherous TRAPS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

None yet, but here's hoping.

Some Thassilonian ruins, more Thassilonian ruins, other Thassilonian ruins, some extra Thassilonian ruins, an extra dimensional Thassilonian ruins and a golden city which is now Thassilonian ruins. We have faced wizards, wizards, wizards, wizards, wizards and I am going to guess we will in the end face at least one more wizard. Also giants. As for traps we had magical wizard traps, magical wizard traps, magical wizard traps, magical wizard traps, magical wizard traps and not any traps yet, but I am going to assume magical wizard traps.

I guess that's the skyrim generation for you.

Elaborate.

Skyrim's map is has a shitton of ruins that look almost exactly the same.

Is Swirling Panoply really an archetype ability and not a bladeskill?

so i have been recruited into a pathfinder game, never played it before (I played a few month long game of 3.5 D&D like 4 years ago, im mostly familiar with 5e though)

Im thinking of playing oracle because the group needs a healer, am i crippling myself? is there a better healer to play?

You do realize that I was giving a tongue in cheek explanation of Rise of the Runelords which was published 3 years before Skyrim in it's original release?

Where the hell are the Lysander Logs???

Vitalists are better.
Oracles, much like Clerics, get far far greater mileage out of their spells by NOT healing.

See, you can't really outheal shit in this game without some very specific, very special builds. This is compounded by the fact that Cure Serious Wounds does nothing if the fighter got crit clean *past* the negatives. It would be a lot better if he hadn't died, instead.

But, defenses? miss chances? battlefield control? dead enemies?

All of those drastically reduce the amount of damage your friends take, making healing a far easier and cheaper proposition after the fact.

the only good heal spell in Pathfinder proper is Heal because of its flat instant heal.

I'm not him, just explaining.

Tell me about the character you found the most fun to play, /pfg/. Be it gameplay or roleplay-wise.

An evil cleric of calistria uses a magic scepter to mind control all the local villages women into becoming his unwilling brides. Upon barging into his private chambers, he offers you a deal; let him continue in his forced polygamy, and he will 'give' half of his following to you, to do with as you please. You even can choose which races you want. Do you take it? Do you haggle? Do you cut your way through with a machete like it was walmart during rush hour?

much appreciated user

First off, holy shit. Second off, village women won't be that pretty. Thirdly, NO, STOP THAT.

Yeah but why wouldn't I just kill him and take them all for myself?
Or more importantly why would I care about him when I play girls and there's a much better man waiting for me?

Dude they're fucking used goods. You've got him down to rights, and sloppy seconds is the best he's got to offer you? You'd get all of them if he's dead anyways.

He dies. The victims, doesn't matter.

His daughters though you take with you and once they're old enough you make them yours.

I played a skeleton who was a huge milk autist
Like imagine a /g/ linux hipster (and I mean a complete hipster, not just someone who uses oobunto or Arch), a /v/ guy on CASUAL GAYMAN and an /a/ on moeshit, and combine them all and you approach his autism and elitism when it came to milk.

Because scores of innocent lives are between you and stcking distance of the evil cleric, and he WILL make them fight you.

Yeah well I've been hiding this but actually
I'm Lawful Evil

They're Commoners, you could eat the -4 for nonlethal and still one shot each.

An extremely flamboyant half-drow Mesmerist who took item crafting feats and the Drow Nobility line. Horribly unoptimized, and in a campaign with a lot of things that would resist his spells, but he was so flamboyant and gaudy in everything he did that it was just too damn fun to replace him.

Doesn't nonlethal still become lethal after a certain point
Can't you die from Massive Damage even if it's nonlethal

Well that's like... You being a bad b8, man.

What happens when you stop going full tard on "monster races" and you just say "dude we're the ones making fantasy here let's make them actual cool"

Outback gangs of Mad Max gnolls in jorts playing heavy metal and cackling

None of that "gnolls are smelly XP" trash

I would not even let him finish speaking before I stab the guy followed by calling your mother to talk about how much of a disappointment you have become.

all nonlethal past your maximum HP overflows into lethal.

Say you have 50HP. You can take 50 nonlethal. If you had 40 left due to wounds, you're unconscious after just taking 40 nonlethal, but only after 50 do you start taking lethal. You eventually will die.

Creatures with regeneration simply continue gaining nonlethal, not turning it lethal. However, should regeneration be shut down at any moment, They might die or explode into a bloody mist from too much nonlethal converting on the spot.

So you can take a total of 100 nonlethal if you have 50 HP, am I reading this right? Or you can take 50 nonlethal and 50+CON nonlethal before you die?

You can take 50 nonlethal. Anything past that becomes lethal.

So if someone with 50 max HP takes 75 lethal, he's at -25 with nonlethal and thus unconscious, but he's also at 25/50 on his real HP (like if the nonlethal heals up from the 'sleep' and he wakes up).

So 100 nonlethal puts him at 0 for real. 100+CON nonlethal will kill you, unless you have regeneration.

If you have regeneration, and you've taken 300 nonlethal, you're unconscious for a damn long time. However if someone did, say, 1 point of fire damage and your regen shuts down from fire it's not "Being at -301" that does you in, but the fact that your real HP TRULY just attained -256

I think those are Suffocation rules.
Interesting solution! I doubt the cleric would just allow this, but whether he fights or flees, things are bound to get messy.
so am I.
Its just a question of ethics brah.

>Doesn't nonlethal still become lethal after a certain point

Then hit them without Power Attack?

Was a 4e character, but he was Sir Rodrick Artosh, the Undying

His backstory was that he was one of the only survivors of the bloodiest siege in living memory. Neither side got the advantage after the walls fell so they just kept killing and killing till only a few dozen remained. He says he saw the reaper himself as he lay there, bleeding under the sun, and spat in his face. He ended up in a temple to recover, where instead of funding inner peace, he found himself tormented with the fear of his own mortality, reminded of it every day by the scars on his chest. So he began training, and dueling, and crushing everyone who would fight him to prove his own strength.

If the game had continued, he would have begun amassing magic items to immunize him against the subtle threats, to guard himself on the path to godhood.

Absolute barrel of fun to demand the orc warchief duel you one on one. If 4e had had any semblence of balance for 1v1 fights, I would have won too. I was level 4 I think, and dealt about two hundred damage in three turns to him, and only bloodied him before he crushed me.

Some new stuff about Eox

dreadcentral.com/news/227829/exclusive-sci-fi-rpg-starfinder-announces-undead-planet-images/

Bone themed, airless ships crewed by undead, importing corpses, alien radiation monsters that eat the essence of living and undead alike, paranoid Bone Sages being infiltrated by usurpers.

I would punch the DM.

>Eoxian starship designs reflect their builders’ unique needs and aesthetics. Most Eoxian ships resemble elaborate bone structures or the corpses of vast creatures, though this is partially an illusion, as much of the bone is actually more advanced materials sculpted into their morbid shapes. Such ships are designed specifically for the undead, with large portions of the hull left open to space, no galleys or heads, and tight-packed workstations in which the crew might be expected to stand at their posts for weeks without moving. All of this makes Eoxian ships extremely difficult to take down in combat, and this is particularly of the massive Thaumtech Omenbringer illustrated here, a carrier ship loaded with squadrons of nimble necrogliders.
>Techno-organic bone-steel

Guys. Guys help. This is getting COOL.

>>Techno-organic bone-steel
So Necrons?

What I think of Starfinder

>fantasy in space
>not actual science-fiction
>all the flaws and gibberish or standard PF fantasy setting but in space
>my characters will have even less reasons to go adventure

Very

>mfw I didn't realize how much I wanted hardened armor in the color and texture of bone until now

Sign me the fuck up, ya saucy skeletal bastards.

Dialing back the cancer, I was mostly just curious how you might deal with an enemy npc who uses innocents to defend themselves. Perhaps even going as far as the 'living baby armor' thing.

In that case: It's a calistrian protected by an army of mooks. Assuming that this isn't a plot village their levels will average at 3 or so. I would just bullrush/overrun through them and go for a good old fashioned Grand Theft Auto Return Policy on the cleric.

Isn't that more Eldar than Necron? I mean, wraithbone is their thing.

Brainwashed harem? Charge through, overrun, bull rush and reposition your way through the crowd. Jump or fly over, teleport past them, etc.

Living armor? Called shots. Magic that doesn't need to hit to work, just runs on saves. Grapple. Chime of Opening to undo everything holding the hostages in place.

Then several tactics there, user

1. One of us has a skill or competence applicable to solve this
2. I will pretend to accept his offer and leave. Then I'll come back more prepared when he isn't expecting it.
3. I will blast through to him. This is typical evil logic to believe being good means you're a pansy and therefore you can get away with such garbage blackmail. Innocents are bound to die, but I'm confident enough in my cause and humble enough in my pride to accept this. They will learn not to do that and next time they'll find other methods that aren't hiding behind others.

>Most Eoxian ships resemble elaborate bone structures or the corpses of vast creatures

Flying skulls confirmed.

Andross confirmed.

Wraith bone is more hocus pocus mind powers that are arguably not actually dead while Necron's are more technobabble and are straight dead too which is more fitting.

LYSANDER LOGS WHERE

CASHMERE PART 2 AND 3 WHERE

QANON confirmed for "martials shouldn't get nice things"

Thanks for the food for thought. Im looking to design a final fight to preemptively conclude a game, and this might do the trick.

How does one go about getting as much psychic strike dice as possible?

There's the one bladeskill for +1d8, but what else?

Am rageblade if that helps

If you're building the encounter I can also recommend my own plan for enemies that wear hostages. If an attack misses by less than 5, there's a 50% chance to hit the hostage. Flanking them reduces this to 20%. Unless they have more hostages than just one in front, but might save that situation for later.

I just justified penguin style camoflauge on my mini-dragons for my smut game

What am I doing

Logs never if they don't want them released.

Hopefully swarming a gnome or halfling with horny draguins.

Oooh, thats good. I think im gonna steal that. Thanks!

Why is going Dex looked down upon?

Wist got creepered by us.

We are starting RotRL next week with a 3 person party. To make up for the lack of a 4th player the DM has allowed us to take a free VMC.

I'm unsure of the VMCs of the others, but 1 is a wizard, and the other is a paladin. So I was thinking some kind of high damage melee class with some utility, so maybe a Slayer or Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor with VMC Rogue?

Any advice?

Did she ever get the eggs out of her ass?

SS Inquisitor.

Just smol human girls

>Wist got creepered
>Bully and degrade her mercilessly
>Being taken by monsters (girl or no) is all fine, though I'm looking forward to creative use of corrupt nobles as well. Not a big fan of too much forced transformation, but a bit is fine. I'd rank them Monsters = Nobles > Monstergirls.
>Note that she loses almost all her powers when naked as an actual class mechanic
Wist is a huge hardsub. Hardsubs don't get creepered.

Is it worth getting Intelligence 13 so you can get combat feats as an archer-paladin, or should I just stick with 12?

What the fuck?

If you are an archer paladin you don't have feats to spare.

It's under her PLD app

Alrighty, thank you.

damn that's awesome. I hope the ship to ship combat rules aren't shit.

What a loser.

"LOL HERE ARE MY LOGS XD LET ME POST THEM EVERYWHERE"

"Oh no people are interested in my logs!"

t. Bailey

Because the autists who made this game think oversized 500 lbs swords are realistic warfare.

No bully

I still don't understand why you people don't get a fucking room. I, and I'm sure a lot of other anons, don't give ashit about you, your drama and your game, especially that it seems it's all about sex and you sound like pathetic thirst betas.

ah yes I forgot how people casting Meteor Swarm is reflective of realism

t. I don't even know any other big names that would fit here so I'll just use "redditor"

What if to make Magus less about one spell on repeat, we loosened up the circumstances for using your weapon on spells? Its spell list is actually very wizardy, they're just disincentivised to use it by multiple factors like no feature interaction and poor save DCs.

>Spellstrike can deliver any spell you want outside Personal range ones - even get a feature for discluding your space from AoEs, so you can Fireball at point-blank like a cool dude
>You can still benefit from casting through your sword at range - add weapon enhancement bonus to RTAs and save DCs! you're a slow progression caster so it's not a big deal
>Later get the ability to attack EVERYONE you hit with an AoE spell within like 15ft of you, or even instantaneous tele-slashes to each distant target like FFTA2's Magick Frenzy ability
>split options of using Dex for any one-hander's damage OR getting to add Strength to good things (would concentration and SR checks be enough? Something more drastic, or defense-salvaging like Str to energy resist/DR after a spell?)

t. Celebfag.

I mostly bully as a way of discouraging the degenerates.

I will not stop until their game dissolves.

If you can't be consistent enough to obey the laws of physics you're an autist that can't build a world.

It's a start.

The problem is the spell list.

Wiz/SOrc was not designed to have reduced progression, you get some things way too late and some things things that you get you would never use due to the cost.

The issue is similar for the warpriest, but the warpriest gets other things to make up for it, as well as having most of the good cleric self-buffs be first or second level spells.

I think that you just need to re-work the magus class entirely.

I'm not sure if it needs it's own spell list or a different spell progression. Maybe it gets a pool of spells it casts like a sorcerer and can cast some other spells like a wizard.

I've been here since we were still Veeky Forums.net, and I'll still be here when you're long gone. Your shitposting changes nothing, and you're not even good at it.

Have you considered that the "laws of physics" describe reality as applicable to that world, and not as universally to our own? According to you magic of any sort is automatically grounds for being bad worldbuilding.

"LOL guys we're playing a pathfinder game lmao xD look at our logs lol Wist meme QANON x Vult topkek"

holy shit

>According to you magic of any sort is automatically grounds for being bad worldbuilding
No, what I mean is, if you make rules, they have to be consistent.

You either have everyone with giant swords or you don't bother making additional rules for "dex-based swords".

Swordplay is not something you can invent. Nobody swings his weapon like a retard leaving himself exposed. Swordplay has always been about dexterity, in fact where the strong people went was in archery, where they took only the tallest and the strongest.

And all that, you can't invent, because it's based on common sense. Even if the rules were about giant swords, I wouldn't swing mine around if I could do a much quicker move and stab through your heart with it.

But the game is actually the best part and not the lewd? They used to be posting greentexts of the session proper and it seemed pretty rock solid

'cept it isn't based on common sense because a lot of the reasons things are what they are is due to human "stats". Mind you I don't like STR being king either.

>str
>Not the "going first stat"
>when most combat is decided by round 2
>not the literally "you get two turns and the get one, the stat"
>THe king stat

Reminder that Vult was literally trying to desmut his homebrew and build the mechanics properly and got shut down and called a creepy rapist, for trying to discuss actual pathfinder rules and uses.

>inb4 good, fuck Vult

Yes, but that's why I said it was designed by autists.

Copying earlier autists with no notion of actual fights.

Dexterity should always be here if you're wielding even a two-handed sword. Which are much lighter than people know.

Can't they make a fucking private thread

This is Pathfinder GENERAL, not Pathfinder Specific Game .

I have no idea who the fuck is Vult, why we're talking about him, and why it should be a good idea to keep talking about a thing half the population has no way to catch up on. Nor the will.

That's unfortunately the most likely scenario.

>You can fire this laser cannon every other round if you have 3 crew with you on your one man fighter!

>OR you could just use your bow, dealing as much damage per hit, five times per round, for one less feat, and a lower piloting DC somehow.

Why is grapple so fucking powerful? Half of the monsters in the monster manual just insta-lose against one moderately competent grappler.

>Can't they make a fucking private thread
No, you get to deal with it.

Because you haven't gotten to the part where you face huge and larger creatures all the time or casters with freedom of movement or contingencies out the vazoo.

and the other half insta-win against a completely optimized one.

>I have no idea who the fuck is Vult, why we're talking about him, and why it should be a good idea to keep talking about a thing half the population has no way to catch up on. Nor the will.
Because he was demonstrating a homebrew and people like you who witchhunt autistically told him to FUCK OFF REEEE.

Well yea, it ether wins or it doesn't, but one combat method, costing like 1 or maybe 2 feats total, can just insta-win against most of the monster manual. Very little actually has freedom of movement as a spell.

This isn't the players talking though, its thirsty anons who didnt get in. The players have a private discord. This is just shitposting.

Alright, so from a previous thread some ideas to homebrew were thrown around. Here's what we have:
>Brawler that channels spirits to get feats
>Initiating Spiritualist, Mesmerist, Occultist, Slayer, Swashbuckler, Hunter, Skald, Ninja, Antipaladin, and Roil Dancer that isn't tied to Kinetic Blade
>Monk that can use anything as a sword
>Invulnerable Baker
>Holy Cavalier
>Lard Lighter Puneticist

>witchhunt autistically
He isn't demonstrating a homebrew right now

That's fucking good to know but that doesn't solve the problem of what they're actually doing.

Man this is just pathetic, they should get a life.