40k General

Reecius is Lord and Saviour edition

>Da Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=VTLod_lrNlw

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/new-warhammer-40000-weapons-part-2-may10gw-homepage-post-4/
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tau-empire/
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-adepta-sororitas/
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-squats/
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-we-are-literally-deleting-the-eldar/
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-OP-literally-cannot-stop-sucking-dicks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the Iron Warriors

Storm Bolters better be Assault 4 or I'm gonna be pissed.

3rd for Sisters a qt

what if they're rapid fire 2?

Knowing how loyalists always have to be better than Chaos that isn't impossible, but if we're being fair they should be assault 3 or Chaos terminators should just be more expensive to match.

Assault 4 12" range

HAIL OF LEAD, SOON

Combi weapons news is causing chaos among my Sisters.

We might have Slaanesh incursion with this much over joy!

That's probably exactly what they will be. It is just two bolters stuck together after all.

First to equip dubs get to shoot twice

That'd be fucking gay and would make them no different from combi bolters. Assault 4 or nothing.
Assault 3 doesn't make sense though, Storm Bolters have 2 barrels not 3.
kys

>Want to get CSM for 8th
>don't want shitty squatting models
>don't want to buy a lot of bits just to convert them to look decent

Are they ever gonna update the average CSM or what? Fuck

combi-bolters will probably be rapid-fire 2

Anyways I'm more interested in what they'll do with the assault cannon.

My Skitarii are hyped for 8th E!

youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk

Play chaos, no payoff.

Anyone else fucking HATE the fact that Imperial Guard heavy teams are carrying about guns that look way too big and heavy for them to actually move about? There is no way those two little guys look like they could stick the lascannon or autocannon on their back and hoof it around. I mean the old ones on wheels looked stupid sure, but at least they looked fucking practical. What does the lascannon do now? Just sit there all battle stationary after being dropped off by a Chimera? Stupid, stupid and I'm angry about it. Muh fucking immersion.

>Brings a Titan formation to a "narrative" game
>T 20
>W 50
>SV 2+
>each
>Opponent sends fabious bile into combat with them
>he hits first due to assaulting
>hits
>wounds on 6+ (because everything can do that in 8th
>I fail my save
>His weapon is Instant Death
>Remove Titan from the field
>Remove other 2 Titans after failing battle shock

Still looking forward to 8ed?

Na, thats combi bolters.
Stomies are gonna stay the same.
But termies will get to use them as pistols.

Me boyz are quoite pleazed wit dis new info on da dakka.

Heavy bolters have one barrel and 3 shots, clearly barrel number and number of shots do not correlate.

Rules wise it'd make them the perfect counterpart to combi bolters by making them more reliable at range but less reliable at close range.

>This stale pasta again
Please go away

>failing battle shock
They will rpobably have a huge Ld save, making it impossible for them to fall back

Size =/= weight.
if anything they have spaceage material that makes them light

Probably the current statline but with Damage D3 and of course AP 0, rending being that you gain AP -3 on wound rolls of 6.

Get mkIII/mkIV tacticals and one(1) CSM Terminators/Raptors box and booms, enough bits for conversion and a bunch of non-autistic models

>no different
ah but the combi-bolter will have minus one to hit because combi-weapon
Either that or a combi-bolter will be twin-linked bolters and the storm bolter will be assault three, so better at long range but worse up close... kind of like now

Heavy Bolters having 3 shots still make sense, 3 bullets come out of 1 barrel. 3 bullets coming out of 2 barrels would just be weird.

In the past it used to be Combis were more accurate but not as reliable while Storms were reliable but not as accurate. So it makes sense to bring the reliability thing over.

You
Keep
Feeding
It.

Like rats, roaches and racoons, shouting does no difference if you keep giving them what they want.

pls give me back my damage D10 assault cannon GW

Another day, another rule reveal that hates Eldar. Aside from TL scatlasers on Wave Serpents, what do we have? TL shuriken catapults that will never get in range because bikes have to shoot from a distance?

desu the older metal ones actually look portable, especially the Steel Legion ones.

Thats to complicated me thinks. Just allways AP-2 should do

>implying anyone here owns a D10

I'm expecting Assault 3. Combo bolters will probably end up being Rapid fire 2 effectively for 4 shots at short range and 2 at long, so having Storm bolters be a constant 3 works out nicely

But the leg armor is all loyalist and looks different than the chaos bits and would look too different

Alternatively just buy either BoP or BaC and just add the necessary iconography, Chaos don't need to be spikey marines.

That works best for Alpha Legion and Iron Warriors though.

4 - 6 - JAM!

Let me drink your delicious WAACfag tears knifeear

Scats arent twinlinked.
Shuriicats are.
As are most Falcon and Serpent weapons

>GW
>Hating Eldar

Pick one. The worst the Eldar have been since 40k is 40k has been at worst mediocre. They have never tasted bad rules. Not even in Battlefleet Gothic

Relax, one edition was Falcons, other seer council, flying circus, scatter Spam, you will have your broken option as usual.

I miss second ed, I remember in one game one of my my assault cannon termies killed two bloodthirsters before exploding in the face of a bezerker squad... things rapidly went downhill from there

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/new-warhammer-40000-weapons-part-2-may10gw-homepage-post-4/

that's still six shots

I never rolled three dice unless it was the dreadnought's assault cannon, though.

I don't think chaos marines (who lack resources to forge new gear) would simply toss out their armor the moment they went heretic, and if anything it's a bigger smack in the face to the loyalists when you show up to battle still clad in relic armor

So kitbash some spikes and shit.

Or do you completely lack imagination and creativity?

>Did you just come here to complain? They are squatty as you already mentioned

I'll pick hating Eldar, because this isn't GW were talking about, this is The New GW™.

Wave Serpent has TL scatlasers and other shit, Falcon has TL catapults and nothing else.

GW has made a fine job killing creativity and kitbashing.

Remember when we had rules and art for things without models?

>oh crap, they hate eldar so much they're just going to be average tier
I like the new GW

Good. Squat the fucking weeb factions

Thing about the TL thing is that if they just go with "Everything twinlinked is now x2 shots" then a lot of things will get fairly arbitrary buffs depending on whether the buff or rule says "reroll hits" or "gain twin-linked rule". They'll have to be a tad careful.

>warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tau-empire/
What the FUCK, why did they remove the ONE fucking weakness they had?!

@53163397
lol

"I can't kitbash and fuck around to convert my CSM dudes baww baww baww"
Fucking kys.

> tfw Dire Avengers have TL Avenger Catapults
> 40 rending shots from 18" per 10-man squad

Thanks GW.

Get out

>Battle Cannons only -2 modifier
GUARDFAGS BTFO

THOSE RIPTIDE STATS

Get fucked non Tau players

Really no reason to be.

Previously twin-linked weapons gave orks a 56% chance of hitting, a 57% improvement on our basic BS. Meanwhile, BS 3 units only got a 50% improvement and BS 4 ones a mere 33%. Now everyone gets a 100% improvement, so we are relatively worse off than before.

With blast weapons, at least the new system is faster and makes everyone suffer with random number of shots, but BS matters a lot more now.

Combi weapon changes don't seem to offer much benefit. A couple of shoota shots hitting on a 6+ is pretty crap. At least there doesn't seem to be any downside to adding them if the skorcha hits automatically and we can shoot the skorcha multiple times. Still, this is much more a benefit to marines than orks, so orks are relatively screwed.

Only really positive news seems to be that melta is now basically crap, so our vehicles can close with the enemy more safely.

Oh god. This shit is broken as fuck. What where they thinking!

Not having rules for my crazy conversions hasn't stopped me from making Sorcerer Dreadnoughts and Rubric Raptors.

Besides you can blame Chapterhouse for that one.

You are so obviously fake you ruined it, autistic faggot.

who on Veeky Forums wouldn't own at least one of each 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 1d10, 1d20 and 1d100

>Formerly AP 3 weapon doesn't have the same modifier as an AP 2 weapon

Wow

Yeah, and if they had kept formations (which they haven't, just a thought experiment) then the Dominus Maniple would grant Plasma Calivers and Radium Carbines Assault 6 and a double-tapping Dunecrawler.

Co-Ax guns would mean double-tapping Baneblade Cannon and Wyverns with 8D3 shots, too. Miffed that Large Blast is a piddly D6 hits, though. Would be nice to get at least a +1 to that.

I just realized, does this mean any twin-linked large blast weapons are gonna be 2d6 shots?

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-adepta-sororitas/

Plastic Repressors confirmed!

This only works once you know.

Please stop, you're breaking my heart!

we aren't falling for this shit again, user

>Battle Cannons were AP3
>Lascannons were AP2
>Lascannons are now AP-3
>being one worse than a Lascannon it would only make sense for a Battle Cannon to be AP-2

You know you need to be 18+ to post, right dearie?

How does it feel knowing that the life you live all you do is shit post on a Mongolian finger painting website?

Only the Krieg and Elysian heavy weapons look like they can actually be carried

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-squats/

Guess they weren't kidding about a new faction

If female players always choose Orks or Nids, what do gay men play? Excluding Eldar because I play Eldar and I'm manly as fuck.

>Melta AP-4 and Re-rollable D6 at close range
Sternguard spam is the new WAAC list of choice

Fuck. Off.

Kek

I mean you can be gay and manly at the same time.

sorry im totally out of loop now

could anyone give me a quick rundown on lore changes in next ed?

Its eldar. Dont worry, you can come out of the closet.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-we-are-literally-deleting-the-eldar/

Some pretty wild new announcements with 8th ed.

Ah yeah.
Thought the pulse laser was twl

Shits fucked.

You're thinking too small user

I'm enjoying this kind of shitposting.

We can calm down now

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/warhammer-40000-OP-literally-cannot-stop-sucking-dicks/

That's exactly what most people were predicting.

Being able to land D6 hits on a single target is a massive improvement. Makes them much more viable against vehicles. BS 3 lascannon now does an average of 0.97 wounds to a T 8 Sv 3+ vehicle, battle cannon does 1.17. Not bad.

Just start saying Dark Angels are traitors and people will start talking lore all day.

Oh son of a bitch I'm not gonna like that in game.

pls tell me

i couldn't find any good website to sum it up

last day i saw a thread talking about scaled marines and reference to cloned(?) ones

Tell me about it. Better than the last few days

I'm with you. But they were designed during the era of 40k gaming when shit had to look "heroic" and "extreme" on the tabletop instead of practical.

I was thinking that, but Doomweavers aren't twin-linked.

Only the exarch can buy a twl.

Guys with weird obsessions with masculinity tend to pick Space Wolves or Imperial Guard.

Guilliman is back and he's making marines 2.0, Cadia is kill, Abaddon ripped the galaxy an even bigger new asshole, Magnus and Mortarion reformed their legions, Eldar death god is born, Biel-tan broke, commorragh is full of Daemons and Orks still aren't relevant.

>carried
>with wheels
krieg ones look heavier than the cadian ones to boot