What does your BBEG look like?

What does your BBEG look like?

>BBEG
Ugh.

>BBEG

Bleh.

Obligatory ugh.

Always immaculately groomed. She usually has her batman carry a few extra uniforms in case she gets blood or grime on it. Keeps her hair short, shorn completely on the sides. Rather plain-looking on the whole, even before her years in the military littered her body with scars.

In terms of personality and appearance, I'm repurposing her from a video game I'm designing. Although in said game, as things progress, she winds up sorta losing her grip on sanity and eventually turns herself into a sort of hybrid-synthetic dragon body. It makes more sense in context.

The Main Villain of my campaign is a weredireboar. Like a wereboar, except much bigger, much meaner, and is a tusked stone giant in her regular form.

My game doesn't really have one, but the ruler of the empire loosely based on Assyria is the closest I guess, but I won't call him evil.

He's a short brown guy that looks tired.

>when the villain has their own personal batman

Is this some new meme? Whats wrong with the term BBEG? is it because it contains the word evil?

Just ignore the shitposter.

As in the military term. So more like her own personal Alfred.

People have been complaining about "Big Bad Evil Guy" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a plot needed a character as a central antagonist.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Big Bad Evil Guy" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "Central Antagonist." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the central antagonist, others using it as the final antagonist, and still others using it as simply any antagonist, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "BBEG sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push BBEG.

BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.

Man, you have put waaaaay too much thought into this.

The term was popularized (if not necessarily coined) by BtVS and it's been used off and on to refer to any kind of overarching villain.

Some people think it sounds dumb (or they not-unfairly associate it with Tropers) so they said "ugh". At a certain point it became a meme to say "ugh" whenever OP mentioned the term "BBEG".

Peter Dinklage in a business suit.

what happened with Veeky Forums and the sudden shift in hate on the term bbeg

It's stale pasta for a stale meme, ignore the shitposters

>kills children
>enjoys rape
>enjoys forced breeding
>put humanoids in industrial farms
>is a douchebag

Back to TV Tropes you go

Exactly like that.

He's a pretty big guy

It's still about having central antagonist straight from comics books for retarded American kids, you asshat.
BBEG as a concept simply sucks. The shit-tier abbrevation is only a cherry on the top.

Ferr ye

>Is this some new meme? Whats wrong with the term BBEG? is it because it contains the word evil?
A few months ago, an autist on Veeky Forums decided that he was going to monitor the board and post
>BBEG
Ugh.

in every thread that used "BBEG" in the OP. Since then, it's become a board meme to type variations on "BBEG Ugh", such as "What's a good name for a caveman BBEG?"

As other anons have stated, this is copypasta that BBEGanon wrote up in February. He's posted it about two dozen times since then.

Would you prefer "Guy What Does The Bad Stuff," or GWDBS for short?

i waited for an opportunity to use this.

former player character, unsurprisingly

an odd person, who appears as sinner and saint, man and woman, frail and strong, young and old all at the same time.

An Orc warlock. Been a sideline lesser villain for sometime, but has secretly been working for the betterment of her own nefarious cause.

Players haven't figured it out yet, but the BBEG is really the perfect and sweet crown princess of the kingdom.

She wishes to seize the means of production from the corporate elites. She must be stopped.

>communist princess
why

Because she's a Ivan the Terrible stand in.

>Remove Boyar

the current plan is a city is overrun with monsters because a meteor made of macguffin stone corrupted the town and various faction are sending goons/troops in there to loot the place and find the big macguffin rock and sell it for $$$$ or use in nefarious plan basically ripping off the premise of Mordheim

the BBEG will the last evil faction standing or the quest giver, I'm still in the planning stages

necromancer
orcs
cultists
horrible beastman barbarians
evil human crime syndicate
neutral dwarves
jerkish neutral elves

a flesh golem that has a sort of hive mind, where all of the bits of people that were put together to make it have a shared consciousness in that one body. all retaining their former memories and knowledge of what they now are, and are now basically pissed since they cant fix/plit themselves back to normal. and also it has all of the abilities that the people had, such as casting spells from the sorceror and warlock and cleric classes, having other class abilities from the monk and ranger and barbarian, it also has 3 entities talking to it (1 from cleric, 1 from warlock, and 1 from aasimar) which can sometimes cause it to lose itself and go into a frenzy

tldr, a flesh golem that kept all memories and abilities of each bit's past life (and class) and is made up from various humanoid races.

My bbegugh is literally sarevok.
My players hadnt played bg yet so i just stole the plot and changed it a bit

No one noticed and they all said shit like "man this campaign was awesome!"

I feel a bit bad about it

High Priest/Head Advisor (Party hasn't met or been directly influenced by him yet so I'm still deciding on his exact position) of a large kingdom at odds with the United Jarldoms (I guess? Multiple Jarldoms allied for war) the party is currently aligned with.

He's secretly a Slaadi Warlock, more or less. Currently the setting is being 'nazi moderated' by a group of planar beings that assassinate anyone that tries to become immortal or ascend too close to godhood (Liches, Adult Dragons, Elder Hags, so far) in the name of the balance of power and keeping the Mortal Plane in check.

This Slaadi Warlock is trying to manipulate the war and create a scenario where the massive bloodshed of battle happens to fuel a ritual summoning the Slaadi Chaos Phage, a disease that won't be traceable back to the event since it doesn't culminate until months later.

Essentially he's trying to create the perfect crime and upset the planar balance, ridding the mortal world of the beings that moderate it.

add horns my orcs have goat man characteristics.

He was originally a shamans apprentice who was adopted into the tribe after his village was destroyed as a baby, tortmented his entire life, he was passed over the shaman position for political reasons. Cuts a deal with dark spirits for resurrection immortality and power slaughters his tribe and goes to invade my fairytale/undead hell country. Then he finds out the country is hellish as essentially a security system to keep people from discovering a living embodiment of entropy and nothingness so now every time hes alive hes desperately trying to secure it, and take over the world for what he believes is the greater good

He only fits the first two and the last one. Plinkett has no kids.

A short, paunchy, slowly balding human male, older but still in reasonably good health all things considered. He's not much of a fighter, nor is he terribly powerful as a mage, instead having put his life to mercantile trades. He is very very smart, cunning as shit, and ruthless as fuck, but he isn't much to look at or fight with. I'm pretty sure my current party of level 3 characters could take him in a solo fight, despite having like 10 levels on them (NPC classes are a hell of a drug, a really terrible one). His power comes from his network and his wealth, which are both considerable.

>filename
He looks fairly pleased to me.

He is a dashing young man with short black hair and animated lavender eyes. He is dressed in fashionable noble clothing and goes for a suave look.

However, he is a god of illusions currently pretending to be the god of light and justice for a massive empire. In this form, he looks like a kind, gentle, and elderly man with a long light-grey beard and hair, dressed in white robes with light yellow sun rays.

>tfw you feel too ashamed to post your character's art because you made it with Gaia Avatar Builder since you couldn't find the right artwork

My group have met the main villain, they just have no idea of it yet.

She's a nude redhaired slave they found tied up and beaten in a slave carriage. They freed her. They'll regret it

On his own, a boring office worker looking guy.

When in a scene with people, becomes a sort of amalgamation of everyone's best traits.

It's an extension of his power "I'm you, but better"

It's everyone. Including the players.

>Started off lawful good. Slowly became evil over the course of campaign.
>Chasing our chaotic neutral guy who broke the law. Going to increasing lengths to capture and eventually kill him.
>Was backed by a church, but over time lost support. He's had to find resources from increasingly shady sources.
>Based on Javert.

>around 6 months into the campaign
>still no idea who main villain is

It's a meme.

I'd like to secretly work on her sidelines, if you know what I mean.

Sounds like the best kind of campaign.

Whatever a hobgoblin lich would look like.

he's about 8'5'' and is really quite lanky for a hobgoblin. Unlike most hobgoblins is faced is not covered in scars but instead is extremely wrinkled. While he may be immortal now he finds the usage of magic to alter your looks to be a complete waste. His eyes are like a blind person's milky white eyes with little to no pupils except the whole thing is tinted red and purple.His tusks have been growing for so long they now twist around, reaching his cheeks but since he prefers telepathy to communicate he coulnt give a damn Around his waist is a completely normal (tough old) shortsword which he barely can even use but wears it because other hobgoblins would see him as unarmed and could cause unwanted dissidence in his troops.
He dosent really carry any kind of staff or orb or whatever mainly because he dosent really need it since he almost never leaves his laboratory/dungeon/fort instead leaving his 3 commanders do the heavy lifting (A hobgoblin/displacer beast abomination, a Nilbog and a bugbear/beholder abomination.)

Like a dude with severe constipation, hellish headache and 6 expansive rounds in his chest, covered in oil and evil

Two player characters have attempted to seduce her, and she gave one a blow job when they were bound captive by her commanding chieftain, so you're not alone.

classy

Depends.
>Current target of party's hate
Pic Related.

>Former party member, looking to kill the others.
9'4", 500 lbs of Oni-possessed sheer muscle, wrapped in cursed O-Yoroi Plate, carrying a Bastard Sword that oozes blood and a tower shield with an animate dragon-head boss.

>The one they've been unknowingly helping break out of his dimensional prison.
Body of a god, blue skin, black tattoos, fire-red hair, several pairs of wings, half of which are angelic, the other half demonic. Carries a sword with three sixes on it.

>The one pulling all the strings
Awkwardly thin and pale, with a profuse neckbeard. Wears black cargo shorts, a black tee, a black trenchcoat, and a black trilby. Carries a katana that is actually capable of absorbing god-essence.

Like what you would imagine someone's nice if somewhat racist grandfather would look like

Paranoia?

Game died, but he was a handsome Arabyan man with six fingers on his left hand. Liked to dress in black linens and had a black iron mask.

How about "villain"?
"Schwarz character"?

Or maybe just nobody, because your GM isn't brain-dead and creates better campaigns than "There is this evil guy out there that needs to be stopped"?

Plot twist: There is no main villain

Seriously, does anyone actually has this shit in their games at all? Or playing with first-time GM so they have it?! What the fuck?!

There is no BBEG. Just a girl who's sick and wants to go home.

Depending on your point of view, the antagonist could be her doctor, the stray cat outside, or the mouse in cage nine.

I've never encountered it in any game I've played, but if some people like their campaigns driven by a single overarching threat, then what's the harm? It suggests more forethought than I usually bring to the table.

BBEG

Ugh the BBEG. Thats entertaining. I haven't been swinging by often enough lately.

>the BBEG will the last evil faction standing
nice concept, but if you're letting the party choose which factions to handle first, won't they end up being left with the one they find least interesting?

have you seen psycho pass season 2? they did the legion concept pretty interestingly

Excellent taste. Will he have a moment of ruinous epiphany if the quarry does something shockingly and selfless?

The Mike voice version does he famously opens the Star Wars review with "Star Wars Episode I: the Phantom Menace is the biggest disappointment since my Son."

I assume the ones they go after will largely depend on who they encounter first.

some factions are bigger than others and will probably hold out longer by sheer numbers. ex The necromancer will have more to draw from than the largely disorganized beastman raiders

Both of these responses are literally copypasta.

Fuck it. Just go on with the thread.

An attractive woman, maybe mid thirties to early forties. Brunette, wears comfy loose fitting clothes. Blue eyes, which currently haunt the dreams of at least two members of the party.

She also has a full team of Champion-tier Pokemon, and is a master Aura wielder. And is a irredeemable monstrous sociopath that can kill with her mind or her hands, and is callously starting the Vietnam War for the sake of making it easier to catch a few legendary pokemon.

>"What's a good name for a caveman BBEG?"
That's unironically good

A young man with black hair, wearing a worn out black t-shirt, and ripped jeans, with dark circles under his eyes and a polite smile... that can shift to looking like he wants to eat you alive at the drop of a hat. That's not what he literally does, but he's quite power-hungry.

A vampire, then?

A tall, striking elven man with flames licking at the base of his robe. Blue eyes that charm even nuns, and a sharktooth grin that can seem to wrap all the way around his head.

Dispell all the glamours and he's a god damn lich, the darkling ungod of the Phantom moon. Still mostly the same due to a LOT of magic, but deep dark circles under his eyes, which no longer twinkle delightedly, but instead carry a great depth of mourning, sadness for the world he came from, the one he will never see again... And for the lack of pleasures of the flesh.

He's basically Yawgmoth.

He's an old man nearing 103 years old, wearing a heavily tattered black robe, almost skeletal in appearance.

Unless if he's in the Other World, where he looks about half his age, his robe is actually well maintained, his complexion is healthy and he rings with him a big egyptian axe-fan thing. If everything goes well, he'll look like a three headed mess of limbs by the end of the month.

Weaverdice campaign (do not start up an argument anti-worm guy).

Everyone currently is being led to believe it's an albino woman who creates giant shadow-dogs, but she's actually the co-worker/subordinate of a Thinker, who is an out-of-shape black woman in her forties with gray in her hair and a friendly, motherly attitude. She also happens to be the Director of the local PRT branch and the questgiver for a bunch of villains.

>the BBEG defender tries again

People just don't like the phrase because it's cringe-inducing. That's why they say ugh.

I mean, I kind of do it in stages. You've got your main villains per chunk of story, slowly culminating in your ACTUAL main villain. That way you can build up the party into enjoying the hell out of fighting them, because at that point they have a clear target they all want to dunk into the sun.

My current BBEG is a blonde law student is his 20s with slicked back hair and an embroidered phoenix on his tailored blazer. He's about 5'10", kind of lanky, and has pretty much a permanent grimace.

Little do the players know that he is the instigator behind all of the dumb gang bullshit they've been dealing with, due to his stand, which allows him to write laws into reality Umineko red text style. He's a lawyer precisely so that he can learn the fine art of fine print when he rewrites the rules of the world. Jojo campaigns are super fun.

It's more "OP said 'what does your BBEG look like' and user posted a bunch of character traits without describing the physical appearance.

Like a KISS groupie, with huge black hair and dark marks around his eyes. When he's not a city sized amorphous abomination. personality wise he's like The Dude, but in favor of eternal darkness and agony for all man kind forever. But that's just, like, his opinion, man.

You're the biggest disappointment since my son.

Nice hooters.

>You've got your main villains per chunk of story, slowly culminating in your ACTUAL main villain
So let me get this straight - you can't into story structure other than the one from Mario game, with bosses and the main bad guy in the end?

>Single source of everything
>More forethought
user, don't want to break it for you, but it's the exact reverse. Instead of making coherent plot, you are dumping everything that's wrong on a single guy and PCs, a bunch of random nobodies, as the only force around that can stop that evil thread.
If it doesn't sound silly for you as a basis for majority of campaigns (so I'm not talking here about one-off campaign which culminates with such character, but ALL of them always being like that), then I'm speechless.

I'm stuck as forever GM since '05. I never made a story like this, I never had players expecting story like this and I honestly don't understand why would anyone want to have story like this. It's cheap. It's childish, in the same sense in which LotR is childish. It kills entire potential you can have in a campaign, because no matter what, it will be always lumped on subservants of the main villain.
The closest I ever been to creating BBEG was when I went vindicative on the party for basically being bunch of looters and murderers, so they've ended up forcefully "conscripted" into a posse by local "sherrif" with a choice of either helping out as disposable cannon fodder or end up hung by the neck until they are dead. Then I've spinned this:
For whatever reason Veeky Forums chokes connection errors if I try to give 4plebs link to the post, so go search yourself for that post and following ones
>52298377

Thing is, the "sherrif" obviously wasn't a bad guy. And Krom didn't exist or died long time ago. And the campaign was structured in such way it wasn't even about chasing some imaginary villain that needs to be stopped, but a cross between surviving in the wilderness and paranormal investigation.

My main villain is an asteroid and it has to be stopped before it destroys the world.

Silent hill game, eh?

Tott Falkrowe is a terrorist and intergalactic racist. To date he is suspected of assassinating an Imperial Junior Commander while on vacation on Spira, the murder of a Falleen casino employee on Ord Mantell, and the bombing of a Clone Veteran's Hospital on Onderon.

He definitely isn't one of the PCs whose alias got associated with a litany of terrible crimes that they party mostly wasn't responsible for.

?

Overlord... more like OverRated

LN is good.

>story structure
>RPGs

user
did you forget what the last letter of "RPG" mean?
Hint: It doesn't mean "book"

So many assumptions on this post

>Instead of making coherent plot
instead?

>you are dumping everything that's wrong on a single guy
who said they were doing that?

> a bunch of random nobodies
who said the player characters are random nobodies

> the only force around that can stop that evil thread.
who said the players were the only ones who could stop the villain?

>It's childish
you're playing pretend

> It kills entire potential
not really

> it will be always lumped on subservants of the main villain.
not really

>LN is good.
Nah. The game is good, though.

>the Light Novel is good
Nah senpai. It's still harem trash

My Big Beautiful Ebony Girl looks like a bowling ball with an afro.