MtG $$$$$$ COMPETITIVE $$$$$$ MODERN GENERAL

Magic: The Gathering Modern General (Competitive Discussion) Bring my boy back edition

This thread is for the competitive discussion of the modern format. Kitchen table discussion is not welcome, but they don't read OPs anyway. For reference the average deck will run you anywhere from $400-$2000.

>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Metagame thoughts?
>Bans/Unbans?

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
> mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
> mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
>mainphasemtg.net/modern-tier-list/2017/5/8/modern-tiered-list-weekly-update-and-analysis-for-5817

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/price/Theros/Stormbreath Dragon#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Return to Ravnica/Jace Architect of Thought#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Gatecrash/Boros Reckoner#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gr-oath-of-nissa-tron/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>beating mtg8 grixis lists as offmeta burn
Your boy is dead son, it's just the way of the world.

Anyone have a rug delver decklist?

>delver
I'm sorry I thought this was a modern thread.

Lmao yea more kithkin amirite?!?!!?!!!!!

Kithkin is a shit meme, shitter than Delver is in Modern.
Most decks that normally would have ran delver have ditched it for cards that are actually good.

You're pretty dumb, eh?

>delver

I thought this was supposed to be the competitive modern general?

No I'm not, clearly you are. Unlike Legacy, Modern's cantrips suck ass, topdeck manipulation is mediocre at best, making Delver an inconsistent card that dies to every kind of removal there is.

Just keep playing gbx honey.

Delver isn't meant to be your main beater against decks packing removal. Ie. Midrange
It's great against combo and tron

>delver great vs tron
laughinggirls.jpg

>delver
>not good vs big mana decks
lmao

Thoughts on this one in UR delver decks?

So you are a moron

I play burn actually. Nothing beats Dropping a searing blood/blaze on some cuck playing delver.
Using Deflecting Palm against a Bogels player comes pretty close.

trying to get into magic because i like card games and the artwork

so should i just go out and buy a premade deck or buy some packs or something?

If you're playing cards because you like the art, you should probably try an EDH thread.
This is the thread for tryhards and netdeckers who dsperately wanna be pros, but end up going 0-4 at FNM every week.

Buy cards

Delver shit slaps burn

Speak for yourself. Embarrassing desu

At three mana I almost feel like it would be better in a URx control deck like Blue Moon. Drop it mid game when you've locked them out with Moon or exhausted their hand and then beat down quick for the win.

Is it backwards day today? I've literally never lost to delver playing burn.

So I got a DQ from a side event in GP Richmond this weekend.

They said my case would be sent for review and I'd get a email next month.

What's the worst that can happen?

>What's the worst that can happen?
Your entire card collection spontaneously combusts as your family could get murdered by some ISIS militant posing as a refugee.

Then you play shit opponents. I don't believe you though. I've never lost ever to any deck :^]

What did you get DQ'd for? Chinamens or playing warp world

Got dq'd because me and my opponent split the prizes a different way than the prize structure would have us get.

that's why you do that shit outside far away or in another building you retard

We were both happy with the agreement, didn't think it would cause this.

Burn has like a 65/35 matchup against delver, delver literally can't beat a turn 2 eidelon.

Lmao what? I will kill it. I will counter your burn spells. The matchup is not hard.
Do you think delver is storm? Please stop

So, if you agreed to it as a condition of conceding/drawing then it is 100% against the rules. Once you have your prizes though you can do whatever you want with them.

There's ways around this with cleaver wording, ie "if i conceed will you give me a pack?" gets you dq'd, "are you the kind of player that would toss a pack to someone if they conceeded?" will not.

It involved byes and ticks, I already had my byes and just wanted ticks. Like I said me and him were happy about this and I just wanted him to have the byes instead of just stealing them away from him.

it doesn't matter if you both wanted to collude, you did a poor job of being discreet about it.

Yeah good luck with your 3/2 vs about 10 payoffs that nuke your board and 4 Brutality/Path.

I guess so. I just hope I won't get banned for it or anything.

He's obviously delusional and for some reason thinks devler is actually playable in modern. Just let him go, dont feed the troll.

Good luck casting spells through a moon, artifact hate and counters

Wow, this place is awful. You guys just sling shit and talk out your ass. Regret checking this place out

>Good luck casting spells through a moon
Doesn't make it to the party on the draw, gets Oblivion Stone'd/Nature's Claimed on the play
>artifact hate
Because Ugin, Karn and Ulamog are artifacts and O-Stone doesn't get cracked the turn it is cast?
>counters
LMAO
Probably yeah, I just can't help myself.

This thread is AIDs already

Lmao all you want trontard, counters stop your shit

I know this is kind of out of place.

When standard rotates do all the cards suddenly become 5 cent shit that is worthless?

mtggoldfish.com/price/Theros/Stormbreath Dragon#paper

mtggoldfish.com/price/Return to Ravnica/Jace Architect of Thought#paper

mtggoldfish.com/price/Gatecrash/Boros Reckoner#paper

so a slow decline huh

I suppose that's not the worst

>reckoner used to be 25 dollars
like just fuck my shit up. I knew I should have bought more of Gatecrash when it came out.
I'd have more Shock Lands too if I did.

I hope you do. Collusion is bullshit, just play the game.

You've never been to a GP I see

There aren't a list anymore since the gitaxian probe ban

The main variations are : traverse or not; shoal or not; leak or deprive ( or both); renegade or not;sleight of hand or not

I'm curently playing a full counter list which is okay if I can have a threat early but that can get outgrinded very kickly if I can't/If it dies/if I run out of gas

Traverse is ok, but this is no DSJ
I might try renegade, but it fon't flip delver

I don't feel like control is the answer, because in a deck like this you want to have high spell density to be able to power him up with thought scour.

You also run bedlam reveler I think

Here is what I run for the moment
I'm not sold on all the slots

Main:
1 Breeding Pool
4 Delver of Secrets
3 Deprive
4 Disrupting Shoal
1 Forest
4 Hooting Mandrills
2 Island
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Mana Leak
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Serum Visions
1 Simic Charm
2 Snapcaster Mage
2 Steam Vents
1 Stomping Ground
4 Stubborn Denial
1 Tarfire
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Thought Scour
2 Wooded Foothills
1 Mountain

Sideboard:
2 Ancient Grudge
3 Blood Moon
1 Destructive Revelry
2 Engineered Explosives
1 Grafdigger's Cage
4 Huntmaster of the Fells
2 Pyroclasm

Pulled a Foil Liliana of the Veil from a MM3 pack.

Where do I sell it for max profit?

ebay

or sell on reddit

Then you get hosed completely with grave hate

Why do you assume that? Because I think collusion is scummy?

simic charm, is this josh?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gr-oath-of-nissa-tron/

Thoughts?

If you're not playing Goyf you may as well not play.

Everyone splits tix at gp side events. Nothing wrong with you right ass

Collusion is only scummy if you do it with people you don't know, and if you are doing it while a round is going on. If between a match you ask a friend to concede to you so you can make it to the top 8, there ain't nothing wrong with that. I go to events with 5-6 friends, and we always look at standings to see who we are likely to be paired against in the next round and make decisions on if one of us should forfeit based on that information. There is nothing dirty or underhanded about it, we are just working as a team to get one of us into the top 8.

Lol no it doesnt

No you wont blue cuck and if you do ill just keep flinging Spikes at your face

Great rebuttal. I really liked your second point

>cuck
When will the ten year olds leave?

The cucks are anyone who thinks any blue cards are even remotely good in Modern outside of playing Storm combo atm.
Mana Leak is shit, Delver is shit, all the conditional counterspells are shit, Ancestral Visions is shit, even precious daddy Jace the Mind Sculptor couldnt save you "muh interaction" faggots so stop sucking his dick on an Island and bow to Karn the true king of control

Why play goyf when I can just bolt you for 3?

All this fucking strawman and cringe. If you use the word cuck, seriously consider suicide.

Worst I've gone at fnm is 1-3 pal speak for your self. I've yet to go 0-4.

>If you use the word cuck, seriously consider suicide.
That is exactly the kind of thing a cuck would say.

If you play blue consider suicide, you've probably already been placed on suicide watch after several 0-4 records trying to force your shitty blue deck. The police found you foaming at the mouth your shit tier islands covering your curvaceous and large body your third chin wiggling as you mumble "reprint counterspell, unban Twin, m-muh interaction."

Wow. Hilarious. This place is trash

You should feel bad for posting this embarrassing mess

Its just as trash as your blue deck

go back r/magicTCG then you mouthbreathing faggot.

t. Ex Twin player

Never been there but I'll take your advice. Has to be better than you guys. It's pretty obvious none of you play past xmage and fnm

This post is the result of Autism.

Played many competitive tournaments and the FNM scene is very competitive at my store since its the largest in the city usually getting 50+ players for Modern. Being competitive is why we are telling you to stop playing Islands, they are shit in Modern, even Grixis Shadow is just worse Jund Shadow because instead of playing good Green cards they cut those and play shit Blue cards.

Grixis is T1 and UW is T2.

The delver/burn matchup is only good for delver if you have a hand with a very early delve threat.

To be fair, Merfolk uses Islands and it is a very solid deck. But fucking merolk doesn't play anything like a blue deck.

Grixis Shadow is literally a worse version of Deaths Shadow Jund, the only reason Grixis is good is because Bolt, Thoughtseize, Street Wraith, and Deaths Shadow prop the deck up but the deck is infinitely better when you cut the bad blue cards and put in good Green cards
Why the fuck would you play Mana Leak when you can play Tarmogoyf? Why the fuck would you play Delver when you can play Traverse the Ulvenwald?

>tfw BG players get extremely butthurt when I counter their spell
Worth it just for that desu

I'm playing the dumbest version of burn and i still 2-1 delver last night. shhhhhhhhhh

You don't even now what grixis shadow plays. Lol. Shut the fuck up already

>tfw you turn 2 Liliana of the Veil off Noble Hierarch in Abzan against a blue deck

I'm sorry, but I don't care what some anime loving subhuman thinks

Grixis Control, which is the real grixis deck right now, is what's T1.

fuck of /v/irmin

Spell Pierce :^)

Heres a question for you. Why would you ever play Serum Visions over Traverse the Ulvenwald in a Midrange list? Give a real answer and not some bullshit meme

Grixis control is just a shitty Jund deck
Why play mana leak when you can play Tarmogoyf?

Grixis shadow isn't midrange though you fucking mouthbreather, your previous post shows you have no clue what the deck runs.

Nice spelling, pedro. /v/ is a terrible place but honestly, I think these threads are worse

The fact you need this explained to you tells me this conversation is futile. Stay retarded though
>Inb4 another rage filled Neanderthal post

So you didnt answer the question because you know you dont have a good defense. Want to try again?

>blue player thinks he is smarter than everyone else despite the contrary being the case
you're literally a walking sterotype. Do you own a fedora, trenchcoat and katana too?

>played this guy already, playing mill
>cut his deck
>T1, bloodstained mire
>4 archive traps

52 card mill on turn 0, that's awesome. so gud.