Tg will defend this

>tg will defend this

Don't like it don't buy it. There's a shit ton of other miniature manufacturers you could be supporting and using their products to play your games outside of a tournament.
You could even play a different game or genre such as historicals or warpath.

You would pay $82 for 10 assault marines?

And "Veeky Forums" will advocate against digital wargaming or other cheaper alternatives, because miniatures are a craftsman's hobby.

Grow the fuck up already and quit making contrarian threads just to get a conversation going.

>tfw you live in rural America and 40k and x wing are the only choices if you want to have any chance to play a game ever.

No, it's why I mentioned solutions to brand loyalty.

A 5 man squad is 41 USD. So... why wouldn't a 10 man be 82? It's still rediculous, but it's not some herculean leap in logic.

>tfw the only communities within 100 miles of your town are MTG

The horror

Nice penis on the lead Marine, OP.

Just try and buy them from another supplier, I never buy stuff from GW directly, it may only save like 5 or 10 pounds per box, but it adds up

>Other war games are so much cheaper!
>What do you mean it's a $10 difference between plastic and pewter?

Living in Asia, same shit.

Dat feel, bro

I remember, not too long ago, when prices like these were only seen on Forgeworld. People recognized FW as being an exclusive, expensive investment only for the most diehard of fans. Now it's all like this.

It's cheaper because you don't need to buy as many boxes when with GW you need about 3 for a single unit.

>tfw back in 4th and 5th edition you could get a 20 pack of guardsmen for ~35 USD.
>tfw nowadays you only get 10 for 30 USD.

Really? You need 3 boxes of 10 assault marines to get a full 10 man unit of assault marines?

Living next to a major city is glorious. There are at least 2 different dead games whose last active players are an easy drive away. I can't imagine how awful it is to not pick games based on what you find fun, but what the hillbillies around you got locked into 5 years ago.

>you live in a suburban area
>only 40k players

>live in major metropolitan US
>also can't find games beyond X-Wing, Magic, D&D and 40k

I've tried everything from Meetup to hanging around multiple local game stores. I'm so mad.

You need 3 boxes of boyz for one single unit that won't just evaporate in one hit.
That's $90.
Or if you played fantasy, well even elite units need ranks and 10-16 a box won't cut it.

~10$ for a mini is the average price for metal or resin minis, although it used to be cheaper and some old comapnies still sell stuff at the same price as they did back then.
Granted, those are made of plastic, but I'm sure there's gonna be plenty of bits left once you've finished assembling the minis (although that's probably more true for factions like Orks and Chaos and for special units like IG stormtroopers or whatever they're called nowadays) and, ignoring aesthetics and personal taste, their casting quality is definitely one of the best.
The real problem is not so much the price of the individual minis (well sometimes it is, like when they ask for almost 25$ for a single resin mini with no bits, but not in that case) but the number of minis you need to be able to play a game of regular 40k, and the crappy rules.

One could also argue that most of the bits aren't needed, and I agree, but they're in the box anyway, so you're paying for them.

Mind you, I'm not defending GW, I've stopped playing 40k long ago, but all the complaints about their prices aren't really deserved.

Honestly I was very surprised when i found out there was any tabletop gamers around at all when a shop opened up around 45 mins from me. It's still mostly mtg though to pay the bills, but at least I'm not

gw just entered a golden age though

It's a twin box set, you get two boxes of five! So amazing.

So if Games Workshop is so bad, what is anyone supposed to do to fix them (or cast them down)?

Get the blessings of the light (in this case true scale).
Heroic only really works on cartoony creatures like the orkz.

Buy cheap China replicas from EBay

To be fair one of the specific reasons I like warhammer and and xwing is because its something fun to do with my friends that is NOT on the computer.

Yeah, they are still lagging behind their 2007 results, not even taking inflation into account.

Or you play Shadow Wars or Killteam and one box is plenty.

Besides, I thought you were complaining about GW prices, but apparently you can get 20 Orks for the same price as those 10 knights.

you do realize Veeky Forums isn't a hivemind right? The reason it's so contrarian is because there's a lot of people that use this board with a variety of opinions.

>tfw you live in one of the most densely populated parts of the country and 40k and X Wing are still the only games people play

Those prices are quite insane when you can get really good looking historicals for less. Around 80 for $80 for plastic perrys using their Mahdists as a base.
I prefer mordheim myself

Expensive.

Still cheaper than Magic.

Fuck you, it's an echo chamber with bored fucks acting contrarian while secretly having the same opinion as everybody else.

>ranks
>fantasy

>~10$ for a mini is the average price for metal
Completely false.
>6 metal perry figures
£7 (maybe $10?)
>warlord games 10 man metal bolt action squad
£15 ($20?)

If you ACTUALLY think 10$ for one metal mini is the market rate, or even if you think gw minis are nicer or more detailed, they are DEFINITELY not charging market rate.

Well that's just blatantly false

Fuck you, I'm no sheep. Fuck your opinions, they hold less value than a dogs landmine.

Yes I know about age of shitlords.
Not even the warscrolls have points and it's all a dumbed down version of kings of war but that doesn't mean I have to rebase my O&G when I can play 9th age or 8th edition.

>57 dollars for 10 Guardsmen
>64 dollars for 24 skinks

Seriously it's total bullshit why prices can't be consistent across armies.

>$70 for 10 skinks
Be careful what you wish for.

>Buying anything other than a StartCollecting box or a starter set
nga pls

its cheaper in my country.
not that I'd know why you'd want ten assault marines.

>wouldnt buy them either
>attempts to defend it anyway

or you could not be a facetious hypocritical faggot and just admit "yea i dont think its worth it either"

GW is dead, long live new GW etc etc

>You would pay $82 for 10 assault marines?
Sure, 82$ is pocket change.
If you don't like being poor, earn more money.

>defend it
I told you to stop being a little a bitch about it, not to shut up and buy it.

I don't wargame, but at least in the case of RPGs, if you run it you'll build interest. That's what I did with Numenera, now Cypher System is one of the top four games at my store.

find friends to play with you asshole

i make 74k a year and 82 bucks is not pocket change. thats a third of a decent rifle, for a couple grams of plastic.

>wow dude whats the big deal being upset about this obvious bullshit thing? you should just ignore bullshit and let it stink up everywhere it goes
you're the exact definition of a cucked little bitch.

Same, I don't make as much as you but I'm comfortable, but no matter how much disposable income I have it never makes that good value. I could afford it but that doesn't make the price less insulting.

>Veeky Forums will defend this until the end of the game to get victory points

>I don't like thing
>should I do something about it or should I just bitch about it online to an echo chamber and not actually do anything?
>I'll do the latter, seems most productive
Sure told me.

are you me? At least there's a battlegrounds moving to the city near mine, so I can actually fucking play 40k now.

i don't need to defend it. unlike most on this board, i work a full time job. this hobby is chump change.

>i make 74k a year
If you consider 74k a lot of money, than sure, warhammer might not be for you.

Earn more money or change hobbies.

I wont, that's why I buy chinaman and other stuff that is like 10% of that, paint them and then go to tournaments, still never been spoted as fake. Kek GW.

Getting butthurt over problems you aren't even affected by that other people have to willingly choose to accept is the definition of waste of life busybody faggot.

Will Veeky Forums defend this though?

What's the size on that?

32mm scale

Sure, I buy $75 anime figures.

This is the ultimate Veeky Forums redpill

Blessed libertarian china allows us to buy warhams closer to the price of production

Oh shit they added 4mm? why isn't it twice the price?

>He buys from GW

Chinaman all the way.

>they do WH but not lotr
I want my out of print eviltons back and not in resin.

What is this faggot elitism I keep seeing on tg?
Is this the classic new money thing where retards who start making a bit above average start thinking fucking Warhammer should be a prestige hobby like polo or something?

Its an expensive hobby, and priced as such. Obviously GW isn't too concerned with how much their minis cost, and judging by their consistent sales figures, neither are their customers. The pricing debate is a nonissue

Fuck you. I'm rebelling against your rebellion.

Yep. Because what else is there to brag about? Not the models since they're just plastic toys. The "hobby" excuse is all but gone these days for the painters. The game? No, the game's rules change on a whim to sell whatever faction isn't selling as much, so they make shit OP to get people to either buy it or just always lose. The lore? At one time maybe, but the lore has been raped so hard that it's a wonder if anybody at GW even understands what makes a good story and not childish fanfic. I have, in fact, read 40k fanfic and fan theories on Veeky Forums better than the official lore these days.

All they have left is "i can afford this and if you cant you must be some poor pleb" to justify the waste of money. This is a fine example of the eating a bag of shit picture.

This is why historicals are better, there's a lot less to fuck up.

desu I think "40k is expensive" comes from the fact that a lot of people getting into the hobby don't buy things in a smart way, but it's not really possible if you don't already know 40k

even poor non-welfare americans often have TVs and gaming consoles, so if you actually bought 40k the smart way and had a job that wasn't mcdonald's, it doesn't have to be bank-breakingly expensive. a full good tier painting bench setup with plenty of paints, drill, saw, brushes, epoxy, sculpting tools etc.+ 2,000 point 40k army probably costs about as much as a gaming console, a pawn shop TV to play the games on, and a couple games. the models could be bought over time as you paint them of course. if you're smart, you can do it for this price (of course people take issue with the fact that plastic miniatures cost as much as a gaming console setup when other plastic toys are 1/5 the price, but that's another issue). after that you can get a $50 kit every few months or something and be perfectly content with the hobby.

people getting into the hobby don't really have the experience necessary to buy smart though. they don't know exactly what they want, they haven't tested things out, they still have to git gud at painting, and so on, so they tend to buy suboptimal stuff, more units than they should up front, and waste time painting shit they don't like or units they'll shelf later. I think the vast majority of players have spent WAAAAAY too much money on 40k because of this when it wouldn't be more than a gaming console setup over a period of time if you knew what you were doing.

t. have spent a guesstimated $3,000-$4,000 on 40k over the years when desu if I just bought the shit I ended up actually liking and using often, it would have been more like $800

>being a fakkin bogan

> Buying Precursor Knights
Even with the UA they're awful. Spell ward kills that unit in a game about buffing your units. Same thing happened to Alexia, but those risen are great for RPGs.

I'm just surprised that box has ten marines.

Holy shit, same. I picked up X-wing just so I can play SOMETHING at the game store.

It really isn't that expensive. I've got a sizable collection and I'm not making that much.

It's just like any hobby where to save money you have to budget and look for deals where you can. It isn't hard if you actually want to do it

I just went to the first faction on their site and picked out a box of 10 that seemed like elite, marine-sized dudes.

Not many people take Assault marines either, but the in-game effectiveness doesn't really matter that much when you're talking about model costs.

Look at what people use; Storm Lance Cav, Winter Guard infantry (three rocketeers per six dudes, it's bad), Bane Warriors and Idrian Skirmishers. I played Mercs so I was stuck with putting together 30 Metal Halberdiers, which was agony and around $90.

Kudos for liking the morrowan units, they don't get any love. MK III did some strange shit.

Not against what you tried to say but
>The "hobby" excuse is all but gone these days for the painters.
?

I don't mind because I only pay $65.60

>250 bucks is a decent rifle
wat? unless you are shooting a .22, your idea of what a 'decent' rifle must be anything that shoots without blowing up

Actually, no. With options such as ebay and Chinese knock offs 40K can be very economicle. I agree that people who only pay MSRP are suckers though.

You think that shit's bad?
In Australia, that same set of models costs $102 US.

Well do you want a rifle or some plastic army men?

>Tfw live in Norway
>High wages for everyone means high cost of living for everyone
>Except for Warhammer
>Warhammer is about the same here as everywhere else
>Actually quite affordable

I just looked up the prices, I thought OP's pic was fake. How is this tolerated? I have a pile of metal Soviet infantry of the same scale that cost me about $80 for 50 back when I bought them.

Is it as infested with refugees as Sweden?

what is the quality of the sculpt of your models compared to gw models? i can buy a box of scifi army men from walmart for 10 bucks, that dosent mean they are any better

Soviets are even cheaper today. You can get them 1 for $1 with the Warlord plastics.

Norway is largely against refugees actually.

They said that if sweden collapsed due to the rapefugee problem that they would close their borders and ignore international law.

Norway doesn't give a fuck.

I'd have to pull them out, but I know that right this second I could get 60 plastic Russians of similar quality and weapons variety to GW for $70 right this second.

Are they as awkward to arm as their blitzkrieg Germans?
Mine look like they're daintily holding the gun rather than actually bracing it. Especially the lmg.

No, the arms and weapons fit snuggly. Perfect material for converting some Valhallans as well.

>projecting this hard
hello fellow entp, how do you do?

Mosin nagants are like 300$...

>lived in UK. Had communities for X-wing, 40k, infinity, malifaux, AoS, dropship commander, bloodbowl, rune wars, fuckin' rumbleslam and three or four non-mtg cardgames
>No time to play because of work
>left work to go bum around in australia for a year
>fuck all here

>>Other war games are so much cheaper!
Well technically yes
Warhammer: 80$ for 10 manlets
Other wargames: 87$ for 12 metal miniatures

Standing firm against all odds
guarding the most sacred home
we protect the realm of gods
our destiny is carved in stone

three evil giants