Cereal Question

Why do models get worse over time? Why can't designers realize that larger+more detail does not mean better?

its tremendously better than the piece of shit of the 80's tho.

Some old models are good. Some new models are bad. These are not mutually exclusive. The inverse is also not mutually exclusive.

Do you mind? I'm trying to make gross generalizations here.

This is the artwork that everyone thinks of when they think bloodthirster.
Which looks most like this?

Exactly OP. You are a fagget

infinity this

This is shit

This is forgeworld

This is plastic

I wouldn't say OP pic is shit, it does have its charm and character, but definitely not as good as the others.

I'm really disliking the trend they got after Age of Sigmar appeared with the Khorne stuff and their bloody poses. All those moving chains or leaping warriors are awful looking for me.

It fit the aesthetic of early 90's 40k but it stopped matching the art style in the 2000's

best

I actually think of the Blanche drawing that's currently adorning the bloodthirster page of Codex: Chaos Daemons.

... the one made in like 2012??
what are you? 14?

You're a moron if you don't think the Ironjawz look good.

>Not liking based Blanche
>Calling someone 14 because they either like based Blanche, or got into 40k relatively recently.
Thinking about your life must be like makes me sad senpai.

> aesthetic of early 90's 40k

It's late 90's. It was only ever in White Metal.

It would have actually been much better in Lead - you could have bent it into a dynamic running position and bent the wings. Also it would have been easier to drill and pin together.

I actually sand cast a shitty Lead copy and did just that.

Enjoy getting poisoned by your hobby.

But you're not supposed to eat the models, Billy.

Vae victis!

Lead dust and chippings.

This looks dated, ugly and is horrible to put together / transport. plus at this point is embarrassingly tiny

This looks amazing pretty much exactly what a BT should be. Too bad it's massive and resin, so also far too expensive and impossible to use as a regular BT. it's supposed to be a garg 800pts apocalypse character

This just looks awkward and top heavy. everything is where it should be but the crap flying pose means it'll break at the fire-stem and you can't transport it anywhere without serious pinning/magnet work

So in short they all suck and this is exactly why i've never bought a Bloodthrister despite being a long time Khorne fan

The new Lord of Change got it right, that guy looks brilliant and has a great pose.

I don't cast Lead everyday and I do it outside wearing a respirator.

I use a dust mask when filling and wash my hands whenever I handle unpainted Lead.

The risk is much worse for children anyway, they're still growing so there is a greater chance of it being retained in their Bones. In fully grown adults its most likely to just be pissed out - you'd need continuous or acute exposure.

Although there is no amount of Lead exposure deemed safe.

>it's supposed to be a garg 800pts apocalypse character

Those rules came after the model, it was originally just an alternative Bloodthirster.

This is a disgrace, hes a mercenary, not a goddamn circus clown.,

Well, don't eat those either.

Wew. I can appreciate the effort, but the sculptor went overboard with the last one. Not that the previous editions are masterpieces either, but at least couple of them fill their function.

The last one would be great with a weapon swap and losing most of the bling he's got tacked on for no reason. Their sculptors have absolutely gotten better skill-wise but they've forgotten that sometimes less is more.

Shit Taste General: "Muh Outdated Metal Cartoony Paperweights" Edition 2: Electric Shitaloo The Vengeance, starring OP.