sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time on /5eg/...
If Battlemasters are intended for players who don't care for combat mechanics but may enjoy other parts of the game, what kinds of players are other archetypes meant for?

KOBOLD DRAGON HUNTING PARTY

Eberron

From lizard tits to chiseled pecs.

Dragonborn boobies

Reposting this from an earlier thread:

Crude guidelines for D&D SWAT teams:
Paladins: Heavy assault guys (the ones with heavy armor, big shields) good to have upfront as tanks

Fighters: Medium assault guys: more nimble, can use ranged weapons if you want, but still can get well in a fight. Room clearers, if you want.

Rogues/thiefs: stealth/recon guys. think Sam Fisher from splinter cell. Fill them with gadgets. caltrops, poisoned blowguns, etc. try to make them with some strenght to grapple a guy and intimidate with a knife.

Rangers: the snipers/K9 of the group. you can do well with a longbow, heavy crossbow or handling the animal companion to search for hidden stashes.

Wizards: Tech guys. make them drop out the lights, use a an arcane aye as an optic fiber wand for spying under doors, etc.

Clerics: i think they could be the medics/riot gear of the group.

But seriously, rely a lot in gadgets. portable rams, caltrops, bearing balls, (i dont know if there's something like flashbangs on D&D)

about to get lv 2 undying light warlock
what invocations i should grap
looking at mage armor at will and CHA mod to EB

ps:im a Sorclock lv 6 sorc

>he isn't playing a kobold fighter

im playing a kobold Sorlock.

Sor/Bard dedicated support caster. I basically prevent my party from taking damage most of the time, and then I heal them the other half of the time.

I never like playing support, its cool that some people do like to play that way, but I like being the dude that hits shit.

>female player in group
>we collectively must spend 3/4th of our time explaining the mechanics of the game to her
>she's not even interested in playing

Why is sorcerer even part of that build? Can't bards do all of that already?

Is this the original Eberron cosmology or the 4e+ version?

What's probably the most unstable region in Faerun? I want my Oath of the Crown paladin to be from some newish kingdom that's split off with the single goal of establishing some good ole fashioned totalitarian order.

Fuck off Asmodeus.
or kick her.
Or better yet, both.

The 4e version Photoshopped to be the 3.5e version.

This is how I hexblade warlock.

I took Sorc for Favored Soul to get cleric spells like Bless and Spiritual Weapon, as well as twinned casting later.

This is how I Paladin

>If Battlemasters are intended for players who don't care for combat mechanics but may enjoy other parts of the game, what kinds of players are other archetypes meant for?
>Battlemaster
>Not champions
Did you mess up there OP?

Assuming OP meant Champions, then I believe Battlemasters are there for players who care a lot about manipulating enemies and controlling the flow of the battle, and Eldritch Knights are there for the players who want to feel "magical" while playing a martial.

How much should I prepare for a first session? Never DMed before.

>"Female" isn't relevant to the story but I'm going to say it anyway

prepare nothing
it's not like your players will

OP here, can confirm I messed up and meant champions.
The question is obviously open to non-fighter archetypes as well.

At the very least, read the entire PHB (except spells). This will make it easy to reference rules later.

should I go with a Demon cult or a Lovecraftian abomination cult?

t. never played with a female

Eldritch Knights are less magical knight, and more armored warrior with tricks and defenses

A fae cult.

This coming from a troglodyte that says "female" instead of anything a productive member of society would.

Girls are people too, it's just that girls are more common tag a longs, via girlfriend or misguided attempts at garnering new male interest than men.

t. playing with a girl in 3 hours
The fact you use "female" as a noun tells me everything I need to know about you.

Lovecraftian never see enough of those anymore.

>Lovecraftian anything

>making crazy preparations with cities, geography and recruitable npcs for the party for a game in the near future
>still have nothing from players so I can't integrate things about their characters into the plot
Just do whatever and don't expect a whole lot. This is in no way an insult to them but goddamn I shouldn't be trying this hard this early.

Girls are more common tagalongs because the hobby is still majority male and people are still majority straight. I'd be equally hesitant to play with a player's boyfriend as with a player's girlfriend.

I like preparation because it might come in handy a few months later. Or with a different group entirely.

Now I'm curious, what do feel is acceptable?

Not him, but the girl I play with is great. Good roleplayer and absurdly lucky with roles. Here's your red pill; the problem you're having is with normies, not women.

Try communication user, most DMs have the same issue, but half the players out there just want a prompt or more information for making a character that fits. Sure, the other half don't care, but it never hurts to open a dialogue

Woman or girl is more appropriate.
"Female" makes it sound like you're a bitter /r9k/er.

"Girl" or "woman" depending on age and context. "Chick" or "bird" is acceptable in certain circles if you're still in high school. "Gal" works but only with a Southern accent.

>implying"female" and "girl/woman" are synonymous

I'm literally shaking from such blatant transphobia.

Angel Cult. They try and summon Solars, and usually have their eyes seared from their skull upon success and looking upon their majesty. The Solar then sweeps through their town/country/continent, purging all it considers evil until it tires or is defeated.

Just say "girl"

that was my point, it's more likely that the average female at the table is lots invested and isn't the core audience, but that had no bearing on individuals

Go away lazy troll
Some of us are transphobes
Some of us are trans
We're not on Veeky Forums to argue over that shit except the /pol/ transplants

I'm betting this sounded more witty in your head

That's not even how that works. A transwoman would consider themselves both female and a woman.

Fair enough, was in a thread not that long ago that turned into a feminist/anti-feminist shit show so was wondering if I should bail for a bit.

Maybe, but it's important to put that in context. Not only does it have no bearing on individuals, it has no bearing on the female sex as a whole. It's just that most groups have a selection bias, but that should not discourage anyone from playing with a girl they know.

Maybe post-op. The definition of trans is literally "sex and gender don't align."

Is it easy to port pathfinder monsters to 5e?

t. First day on Veeky Forums please be nice

>The fact you use "female" as a noun tells me everything I need to know about you.
>He's a male feminist
Anyways my favorite class is Mindflayer

I've never heard anyone say that female can't refer to both the sex and the gender.

>I can tell my DM is putting in quite a bit of effort into the world and story
>him and I have talked in length about my character and how they fit into the world
>ask my fellow party members how much thought they've put into their characters
>"Oh lol like none at all. I haven't even thought about their goals or why they're with the party yet"
>we're 14 sessions in

Can you please not shit up the thread while we're at 50 posts?

Oh I forgot

>they complain how it feels like I'm the main character even though they've given the DM nothing to work with

Yeah personally I find a pre-existing stat block and use that as a base. If the monster has some special attack I'll find something close and fluff it to fit.

I understand your feelings but
>complaining when you've made it 14 sessions

I like that idea, because I like edgy shit where the forces of "good" are not necessarily benevolent.
PDF semi-related.

In all honesty: find a monster whose stats are close enough and reskin it. Your players will never know anyway.

Genuinely sorry, didn't mean for the exchange to become this long. I'll drop out of it.

No. Veeky Forums stands for transgender don't you know?

As a forever DM I've been blessed to only know this feel once, god speed user.

Do you mean like I should just be happy that we're playing at all? I am, but it puts me down that no one else is as excited to play as I am and makes me feel like I'm the only one who actually thinks about the game outside of our sessions, besides the DM.

Also they've made fun of me for how much I enjoy playing.

I've been asking for any info for a while actually. I don't mind them taking their time with the whole thing but a gist of what their character is like with a detail here or there would be nice so I can start plotting.

Yup.

Hey man, I'm just here for the DnD.

I thought it was /total garbage/

Who is this guy? PHB 191

Me

I like it a lot. The only thing is that the level one is weaksauce. I'd recommend giving the player the Investigation skill proficiency along with. Otherwise I think its great.

You missed the -

The giant seems to be wondering the same thing
>da fuk dis lil nigga doin attackin' me wit some tiny-ass axe

Where did you find this picture of me?

I was wondering too, while attacking a vital spot like the head is a good idea, I'm not sure leaping from a height of 30 feet is.
But then I've never fought anything bigger than a direwolf so what do I know.

what's the weirdest creature from an outside source you've used in your campaign?

Bebop and Rocksteady

Was based as fuck

I never got this, I always just pick whatever makes most sense for the CHARACTER, rather than what I like to play. But barring that
Champion- "Barbarians are ghey, but I love passive buffs"
Battlemaster- "I pick Feats instead of Ability Score Improvements (psst trying things without feats is sinful)
Eldritch Knight- "Our blasty wizard can't attend the sessions anymore (((Look at me, I am the wizard now))"

my girlfriend xD

Eldritch knights are terrible wizards being that they are limited to 2 schools of magic and get half caster progression. Eldritch knight is for making a tank/shitty battlemaster who would hypothetically overtake the battlemaster if games actually lasted that long (they usually don't)

I'm glad you like it!
Harry Dresden changes his Otherworldly Patron every 3 books
To be fair, most warlock level 1 features are pretty weaksauce. Getting telepathy is not a whole lot better than learning 3 languages and getting a situational advantage that may or may not happen a bunch. Fey presence is underwhelming, and Dark One's Blessing is exceedingly unreliable unless you're in a very small party.
FWIW, I take all constructive criticism into account, it just might take more than one instance of a particular critique to convince me. But since it's homebrew you can change it for your games anyway. :)

Enh, usually I write down some important NPC's and where I want the plot progression to go (maybe some fun scenarios), vague outline.

also print out stat blocks of CR rating appropriate things you want the party to encounter.

If it takes longer than 2 hours, you're doing it wronk

I don't understand associating Battlemaster with feats.
The only time Battlemaster is used for feats is with GWM, but a Barb/Fighter multi-class build with Champion is better for that.

Elaborate

Man this was well over ten years ago

>dimension door/portal created
>PC rolls a 1
>look around the room at various comics and novels and vidya game cases
>made a quick table of different worlds that this portal could lead to/from (TMNT, DBZ etc)
>PC rolled TMNT on a d12 roll
>bebop and rocksteady appear in their world, confused and angry and start attacking until they were pushed back into the portal

sketch some notes, initial "hook", worldbuild or use an established setting (that's for yourself)

naked idiot with an axe
probably a barbarian

The Spiral Snail people from Junji Ito's Uzumaki

Junji Ito seems like a goldmine for homebrew stuff, honestly.

Come on, how many naked geniuses with axes are there

Yeah, even disregarding the discomforting nature of his works, it's all really original stuff. except for tomie, but it's like a rite of passage for japanese horror writers to do something about a creepy little girl.

>when the first two breed and lay eggs so the teacher goes to dig them up and smash them all
>when that one guy just slithers inside a snail person's shell and eats it raw

So champions get improved crit ranges but no way to make the crits themselves better.
How do I get some good-ass crits with this?

Play a half-orc?
Get reckless attack?
Multiclass to rogue?

He's a dead guy.

Mutliclass Barb
You get Recklass Attack to make crits happen more often and Brutal Critical if you level it up enough
Half-orc is also good

Yep. When my characters met the snail people it was on a desert island. Only one of my players had read the story, and he was the only one who made it out without becoming a snail. The rest ate the snail people, prepared french style with garlic and butter by the halfling chef who brought ingredients, then they all turned into snail people later. The Druid just shapeshifted out of it, but the rest of them were stuck like that until the Druid and the Rogue figured out a way off the island and got them to a Cleric.

fighter15/paladin5 for smite criticals?

Exactly what does Spare the Dying do to a dying peasant?

spares him from dying.

How shit would a barbarian who got the monk's unarmed damage dice progression, but none of the other stuff in the martial arts feature, be? What features could added to make them worth using?

He stops dying

>he isn't playing a kobold sorcerer

Probably not OP at all, considering punching never does as much damage as a weapon can at level 1. So, like the monk's absurd number of extra attacks, this barbie will need some extra help.
The exact shape of the help would depend on the excuse/reason for the progression. Is he a martial artist barbarian? A brawler? A bear warrior that manifests claws?
...you know what, if the answer isn't that last one, I'll make it myself. Bear warriors are big in Norse mythology and fucking awesome.

As a brand new player, with which parts of the PHB/mechanics should i get comfortable to don't be a dragdown when i join my first game?