Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Storm Bolters edition

>Daily Dunc
youtu.be/fkjC_VaOmPM

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Deathwatch-Watch-Captain)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the greater good!

Its cut back pistol handled with no forward grip.

It sure as fuck ain't optimized for marksmanship.

Annexed.

they're only used as pistols because terminators can hold them with one hand. However they're still too bulky to be effectively maneuvered in close combat like a pistol, and not everyone can wield them one handed. It would pretty much eliminate the bolt pistol, as there would be no reason to not buy them, assuming they're still only 5 points. Making them pistols is too OP.

Storm bolters being a two shot bolt pistol with extra range makes them much better for assaulting than they are now at least.

6th for SISTERS A CUTE
Both Silence and Battle

>brother Demetrius turns out to be a sister
Good end.

It's 5 points for one extra shot for any model that was already taking a bolt pistol. And that's instead of using a plasma pistol or something that might be a better option now.

Grey Knights also have wrist mounted versions, so they can't be all that terribly unwieldy compared to a standard bolter. They're even more designed to get into someone's face and unload.

so you still have to roll to hit with battle cannons now, but you get up to 6 hits with d3 wounds

So guys, tell me
>Are you fine with changes teased yet? Which of the new rules you find good/bad?
>Are you going to run a brand new army with 8e? If yes, which one?
Also post your armies

Pistol for termies only.
Which would
a) buff the humble stom boltermie (who dont get bolt pistols) to befit the old imagery or a walking deathmacrine with sustained fire SB
b) buff the storm bolter on the primary model that would take it.
c) not negate the "old" role of assault bolter for character (not that anyone would use it, ever)

This is why Fabulous Bile was right

huhu diz is peestol
huhu

If you can't follow the thread, don't bother applying.

In that way I'd love to see Heavy Flamers being used in melee by dreadnoughts.

I still say it could work for other units with the pistol's effect of firing while in melee. At that point it's a bolter designed to be used in very close quarters, but not being waved around in one,hand alongside a sword as much.

>Are you fine with changes teased yet? Which of the new rules you find good/bad?
I'm fine with everything they've teased so far, but I'm cautiously waiting for the final rules.
Sticking to my Thousand Sons and Necrons for the beginning, but I've got a little Dark Angels force that I might improve, or maybe build a Skitarii force, they've tempted me before.

So far my reactions range from fine to very pleased. Mostly pleased.

I play Chaos Space Marines and Daemons for the most part.

>"Adepta Sororitas Patterns

• Godwyn-De'az Pattern - A common Storm Bolter pattern employed by servants of the Ecclesiarchy. This weapon requires two hands to operate and is essentially two separate Bolters capable of firing in synchronised bursts"

Oh baby!
Chaos Terminators back on the menu, boys!

So far I'm quite excited. Some of the changes, like those to twin-linked, I like. Others, like the combi-weapon rules, I'm a little iffy on. Knowing when to use the combi-weapon was a tactical decision, but now you can spray with it everywhere with only a small demerit. They're probably also going to become more expensive as a result.
I'm also still worried about armor facings. We haven't heard anything about that yet and I'm going to be pissed if facings are completely gone. It will remove so much importance on positioning and make vehicle fights a giant slugfest without any regard to tactics
I am. Though I am still waiting to hear about armor facings, I plan to start a small imperial guard force with the Anvil Industry regiment builder. I also plan to start my own crusader themed chapter of space marines using black templar rules, after playing Dark Angels as my primary army since I started playing.
>Also post your armies
no

what about a range reduction? 18" (or hell, even 12" maybe) Assault4, count as pistol for Terminators?

Going to run some Imperial Fists (who are actually Apha Legion infiltrators) as allies to my Imperial Guard army.

Looks like Heavy Bolters are at -1 AP, so I'm pretty happy with that, along with the 3+ save for a Russ!

Combi-weapons are going to be great in 8th.

>not that anyone would use it, ever
I would use it if it was assault 4.
Instead of just buffing terminators, how about it gets buffed in a way that actually makes it useful across the board.

Reminder stats aren't capped at 10
Guesses on what will go over that limit? Aside from wounds
What gun will be strength 11 or higher?

That's how combi-weapons originally worked. See Armor facings bothered me a little, but ultimately I don't think it's a big loss.

>what about a range reduction? 18" (or hell, even 12" maybe) Assault4, count as pistol for Terminators?

That'd mean *8* shots mang.

Anything that was previously D. Possibly certain weapons that had a conditional D ability as well.

Strength D weapons I guess

he's definitely confirmed not to be in the subsequent images

Fellas, since 8th announcements started I've been on a mission to fill out every entry of my codex and own one of everything. I'm down to Priests, Hellhounds and Flyers. What should be my next grab?

In liking things so far, but I still want to see how assault works with transports and reserves before making a final opinion. Point costs and special rules will also weigh heavily, but right now it feels like everything will work well.

I was planning on starting a guard force, but the news about Heavy weapons and twin linked gun changes just makes me want to expand on my Chaos force with Heavy Bolter Havocs marching forward, Combi-bolter Chosen unleashing he'll at short range, and Terminators dropping in with Reaper Autocannons to mow down everything.

>That's how combi-weapons originally worked
that doesn't mean it's good. There were a lot of shitty rules in earlier eds.
That being said, it doesn't really bother me that much. I mean, it's an advantage, if anything. I just feel like it takes some of the uniqueness out of the weapon. It's no longer a combined weapon, itself special, it's just both regular weapons slapped together. Combi-weapons are better than dedicated special weapons now.

one of those three, obviously

plasma destructor, vulkan megabolter, volcano cannon, melta cannon or those reaver missile pod things

at reduced range
and you wanted a reason to take them

From what we have seen, with the exception of wounds, stats that go above 11 are the realm of super-heavy or gargantuan.

Which is good because it offer more granularity for those things.

Also S: D. But I can see the D-Scythe being S4 with a gigantic AP and damage.

>good/bad
cautiously optimistic, rules look pretty sound thus far but I'm not loving the lack of templates and would have preferred a second ed style system for them. Mildly disappointed that the Melta is 2d6 pick highest, rather than an instant tank buster, but I can see why you'd do it that way.

>new army
I want to see what the codices look like first, I have a couple of ideas for traitor and loyalist marine armies (or maybe a bit of both) but I'm holding onto my cash until then

yes roll d6 shots, roll that many to hits roll that many to wounds make saves any failed saves roll d3 damage if it matters

>making it assault 4
>literally better than a combi-bolter

The advantage a storm bolter has over a combi has always been range, whereas the twin linked in rapid fire range gives the CB the advantage up close. Now in 8th, the combi-bolter will either be a twin linked bolter still, which means twice the shots (ie 4) at close range, or the worse option of it using the new combi- rules, which means it's literally 2 bolters that you can fire together at -1BS. That's the same thing as twin linked, but you get -1BS.

> That feel when I'm the user responsible for getting this translated.
> When the original was in russian.

Man, tesla weapons are looking to be terrible in 8th.

how do you figure?

I like most changes.
I'll miss facings but not much
Templates too, though I was at a point where I either wanted true hit allocation and partial hits on 4+ or the concept of templates gone.

>>Are you going to run a brand new army with 8e? If yes, which one?
No

>Also post your armies
Deffskulls, Deathguard, Deathwatch...
Man that's actually a theme, not Deathwing emos though.

last page is still in Russian

Post it up then bro, I'll get it translated. My buddy sergei is going to be waking up in a couple hours

I know that I should wait until all new rules are revealed and we have at least one new codex to rate but fuck me - I want to buy an army right now so much.

>only mention of tyranids in teasers is them being raped by space marines

I take it Baal was the last piece of fluff tyranids will ever get

4 shots is enough, unless you want to make it a 20 point upgrade.
18" would work fine though.
6" move and up to 12" charge means its a good asssult weapon range.

Worse against T4-5 and really poor against vehicles due to saves and increased wounds.

What teasers?

What's this supposed to be on the bolter? I thought it was a grenade launcher, but there's what appears to be a second muzzle next to the bolter's.

which army?

New from the rumour engine. Wat dat? Looks SoB related.

Should also get some better differentiation between lascannons and the D weapons
Need some more steps above it aside from 10 to D with all D lumped together

>slapping two different guns together should magically made a third special gun

That just sounds ridiculous to me. Slapping two guns together should result in having.... those two guns.

My attempt of showing the second muzzle. It's the thin piece between the bolter and the Sister.

Can anyone tell me if the Deathwatch Captain (this guy: games-workshop.com/en-US/Deathwatch-Watch-Captain) has a bare right shoulder or if the Ultramarines pauldron is part of the model?

i think its a flashlight since sisters dont use lasguns.

Did you read the tab.
That era often had description/name there.

Underslung grenade launcher. It's a combi-weapon.

Elder crystal

>(2.79 MB, 2340x4160)

Stop.

What are you, some WAACfagging loser? Just buy the models you want, faggot.

>t. Guy who just bought 20 hellions

Torn between Nids, Tau or Death Guard/Nurgle Daemons

So since Limbo-weapons are unlimited use, does that mean I can have Skorcha Nobz, Burna Boyz, and make myself the burniest Ork army ever?

Nurgle daemons are dull as fuck.
Cannot reccomend at all.
Not even as allies.
They are only good for sitting in cover and hoping something walks into charge range.

Drones are decent tough.

Not a bad suggestion.

Yeah, it just says Sister Superior and GW1996.

I had a feeling that was the case, although I'm confused about the second muzzle. If it IS a second muzzle.

Fuck, mean to reply

>Limbo
Kombi.

It's hard to say, but it definitely looks like a back piece. My guess is a nuMarine Iron Halo.

i can imagine grey knights using their storm bolters in close combat back again. their 3rd edition codex gave them true grit, wich made the stormbolter a additional close combat weapon.

seeing how pistols now are able to fire in close combat aswell (and i guess we lose the extra attack now) it might be possible to return to them

Not that user, but I have a Plaguebearer, a Vindicare, a Succubus and an Ork Boy all sitting on my shelf.
My plan is to paint all of them and see which one looks better/easier to do, then collect said army.

I wouldnt recommend Tau as a first army. Nids are a lot more fun to build and paint.

Death Guard/ Nurgle Daemons are forgiving in terms of playstyle and paint jobs but you would probably want to wait for the new models.

Maybe buy the start collecting set for nurgle daemons? Then buy the same or the big box of gaunts for nids.

Which country are you from?

Yup.
All dem SKORCHAS.
Already have a Fire-enjin wiw fire-fightaz planned, gonna have a ladder an loads a skorchas, an a red paint job of course.

Maybe use the kromlech grearcoats for yellow coated classic fireman look.
Masks are easy, the helmets will be the challenge, figure 28 mm fire axe bits exist

Could be anything. Gives me an Eldar/chaos feel honestly.

Since rules don't mean anything at the moment

Nids are fucking awesome.

Tau are for faggots.

Deathguard/Nurgle are going to be cool hip thing since they're getting a release soon and are the current non-tzeentch CSM cheese already.

Since you sound like a faggot waiting for rules instead of just picking what YOU want, play Tau so people know they should hate you immediately.

Nailed it.

Hehehe Haw haw haw

>play Grey Knights
>mfw Storm Bolters have 4 shots and Rend -1
>each

Yep, I am.

Wow...did a big blue dick fuck your favorite norn queen or what happened?

I can't believe they killed explosive templates and replaced it with this new autistic random wounds thing. Now there's no reason for me to pay attention to my unit placement, and there's also no way to punish my enemy for keeping important characters mixed withing large infantry units. Fuck this shit. Explosives are now just dumb guns.

Didn't they promise to show the Rubric statline on today's article. What happened to that?

>Maybe buy the start collecting set for nurgle daemons
I thought about buying box or two to play both sigmar and 40k and buy a Death Guard starter set half - it's pretty confirmed that the starter set in NuMarines vs Death Guard. That's why I'm waiting for the rules - if it will be easy to run an universal Nurgle army for both systems I want to pick Nurgle. If not, I will have to choose between Nids and Tau - love aesthetic and fluff of both factions. Really like smaller Tau models and these huge-ass Nids monsters

No, they promised to show them in the CSM showcase

Blasts already took casualties from the front. You couldn't just plop it over the head of some Character in the center and have him die first

>random wounds
More like random shots.

Where did they say that, shitposter?

They already showcased CSM.

plague bearers are probably the easiest. Vindicare for an assassin / inquisition army? which is low model count. But most people dont like playing against them. So you could always ally him in with some imperial guard or something. if you want to collect an actual army.

Orks require a lot of models and also patience and time. They will probably be good ruleswise this edition but you need large quantities of them for them to be effective as an army and to be aesthetically pleasing. Low model count orks (unless on bikes) look boring on their own.

Dark Eldar require a lot of vehicles to work effectively. So they are very expensive to collect. They also die a lot unless you know what youre doing or you go haemonculus coven heavy but even they are expensive $$$ too. They are really fun to paint though. Dark Eldar in general are not a beginners army by any stretch of the imagination however if you do want to jump in with them then by all means do it.

hope this helps.

Personally I dont care for AoS so thats entirely up to you.

Tau is looked upon as a noob army at the moment and also too powerful. You'll find a lot more opponents if you play nids. But its up to you. I would suggest to collect Tau after you're comfortable with your primary army.

Reminder that Commissars are your best friends.

Hopefully the purity seals are enough for this imperial board

I was happy before today when I learned my lemon yiffs are fucking garbage.

not for barrage weapons

They will show that when they cover datasheets later this week.

>implying I play nids

Tau, and more specifically Tau players, are pretty hated universally. I've personally met maybe or or two Nid players in my 10 years of playing that I didn't enjoy playing and/or hanging out with, but at LEAST half of all tau players I've encountered have been insufferable cunts. Hell, I'd even range the space Marines I knew around the 10-15% range. Tau attract the worst players.

>datasheets
So tomorrow.

>universal split fire
>multiple hits and wounds battlecannon
>confirmed to have a 3+ with 12 wounds

what the fuck do you want more?

A clarification: The Vindicare is for an IG army, a friend of mine donated like 40 foot sloggers for me, all already primed. (He also donated the other random minis, what a guy)

Yeah thanks for the advice. Realistic, I see myself torn between the IG or Nurgle. But hey if I manage to make the Dark Eldar look that fucking awesome or maybe secretly all this time I was born to paint Orks, then that's what I'll collect.

So far the Vindicare is the coolest mini i've ever painted, really happy on how good he is coming out. Let's see if I can do even better on the others.