EDH/Commander General

"No Bryans Welcome" Edition

Previous Thread: It expired, you lazy fucks.

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
Any MODO players out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/
mtggoldfish.com/deck/641382#paper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Sea Monster Traft is the most Vorthos a deck can be

As the user who posted about the faggot bryan I find it funny because I have been immortalized as a living meme

Poorfag mono green is the best way to have fun.

>not Karona with Jeska and Phage

From all of us here, thank you for being the final bastion of this format from normal and socially well-adjusted people.

>Leaving out Akroma and the Mirari
>Not going FULL VORTHOS and running cards that reference of depict all the Numena
>Not having a buddy run a Kamahl deck.

It's like you didn't even try, user.

And I am honored that you believe so. We have too many bryans who refuse to learn the game proper and I will be there to slam the doors in their fat snobby faces

>attacking me is not playing the game right

The autism continues

Well. I just had a funny game. It was me, playing a Roth deck, agaisnt an Animar, a Marrow Gnawer, and a Treva. Predictably, I ramped out and began to make a bunch of Saprolings with Rith while the Marrow Gnawer player did the same with Rat tokems. The Animar player then cast a clever impersonator on my Rith, and begins also making Saprolings at a decemt pace. Once the Marrow Gnawer player got out his Rings of Bright Hearth, he starts to accelerate really quickly and catches up to the two of us. This kept up, with neither of us able to kill eachother with out dieing to the crackback from the other player, accept the Treya player who did baisically nothing after getting mana screwed and the Marrow Gnawer player's Grave Pact stopped him from having creatures without denting me and Animar player. Eventually, after the three of us dig to find something, I hit my Createrhoof Behemoth.

Anyone else had an arms race like that?

>It expired, you lazy fucks.
You can still link to it, you lazier fuck:

Hey by all means if I have the truly imposing boardstate and I get attacked its well deserved. However his stupid ass would attack just for lulz so fuck him and fuck you

It wasn't able to access the archived thread from my phone.

You realize the meme is at your own expense right? No one here thinks you did the right thing and everyone is laughing at how much of a fucking goon you are. This isn't an exaggeration. It's unanimously agreed the general would be better off without you contributing and you will likely be mocked for how much of a manchild you are when you do post. This isn't being spiteful or vindictive. It just being honest.

>fucking goon

And yet I contributed to the past 3 threads despite this "mocking" that was really only 2 faggots, one of which is probably you, got pissy because you got treated the same way. I only decided to take the bait this time because I knew it would upset your fat ass if you got such a problem with it you can fuck off to reddit or some other forum to discuss mtg because I'm staying here and you won't ever know its me posting you sad pathetic excuse of a man

We all recognise you punctuationanon. This is just another thing to hate you for.

>I didn't shitpost last 2 threads, aren't you proud?
WE'RE REACHING NEW LOWS

>Proper grammar is a thing to hate
Be compliant being an idiot for the rest of your life. Not like multiple anons talk this way anyways

How many pictures of people shrugging do you have on your computer? I ask because you feel it necessary to post one every time you go into a tirade about supposedly not giving a shit that everyone dislikes you.

I'd be happy to make a strawpoll to show how disliked you are around here so you take the hint.

Go ahead

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/

I understand why people don't like you

this is my first time seeing the meme

and it doesn't look that bad

Don't give him more of reason to shitpost user please

Needs a Blingee edit

you probably already know this but moxen are banned
also, how much does the final fortune/angel's grace shennanigans actually pay off? seems like they could get stuck in your hand doing nothing for a really long time.

wait never mind about the mox im a fool who doesn't know card names as well as he thought he did

>Don't give him more of reason to shitpost user please

I'll make it at a later date. Thanks for the perspective.

Where do you lads typically test out your new decks? I'm doing some 1v1 tonight since I don't know how the online meta is

Im trying them out for a Sunforger Package. Sundial of the Infinite is there for redundancy. Together with Tithe (Mistveil Planes) and Pull From Eternity, I can theoretically recast Final Fortune/Glorious end to my hearts desire.

Oh also, have you considered grafted exoskeleton? I know it's expensive, but it turns kalemne, aurelia, avacyn, gisela and godo into one-shot kills. In a 40-life format, infect isn't a damage doubler, more like a damage quadrupler.

Xmage is good because the meta is utterly inconsistent. You'll meet a big variety of decks in a short time.

I've mulled it over in my head before but the high risk/high reward gets me spooked. I would hate swinging in only to have them bounce the equipment and eat my commander.

New to EDH, what are some of your guys favorite commanders to play in multiplayer?

Ok that makes a lot more sense. I'm still not convinced but it looks cool. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you would need sundial to go infinite? You could find that with sunforger and enlightened tutor, but you would still have to wait a turn because you don't have any instant-speed cantrips.

The vast majority if discussion here and about Commanders at large are going to be about multiplayer. Are you asking for ideas about what to build or just out of curiosity? If the former, do you have any colors, deck archetypes, or themes you like more than others? Do you have a playgroup yet and, if so, what Commanders do they have?

I should be more specific. Due to the nature of commander and the different things commanders can do, I am unsure of the deck archetypes I might want to play. What I kind of want to play is something political but something that can also win at the same time. I do have a group already and they play Jhoira, Daxos and Meren.

If I'm playing a try hard competitive game, I prefer to play oloro the ageless ascetic.

It's not try hard.

Marchesa, either one. Also, Returned or Meletis?

Sorry, Returned.

Returned is definitely not as hard core as Meletis. Meren is a little tryhard and Jhoira is mid tier tryhard. I'd say aim for something in the middle.

Any color combinations you like? Like I said, both Marchesas are good and cover Mardu and Grixis.

I like black, red and green but I don't mind playing blue or white.

Okay. Gonna say Kresh the Bloodbraided.

Prossh without food chain seems more fun than kresh

>Any MODO players out there?
MODO is dead until july cause their stupid 1v1butnotreally banlist is shit at both multi and 1v1, and their win92 software takes two fucking months to update.

Their new banlist is clearly better than Sheldons for both 1v1 and multiplayer

It's not perfect though by any means

This is my first EDH deck, any suggestions on things to change?

mtggoldfish.com/deck/641382#paper

hey guys I'm back

Oloro pillowfort control, while not ultra competitive, will still shit on most groups.

The site.

If you like tokens there are a bunch of good commanders. Ghave, thromok, rhys, trostani and wort to name a few. Some of these are easier to build than others though.

should i make a yahenni or kresh deck? never made a sacrifice themed deck before and want to give it a try

REEEEEE BRYAN YOU ATTACKED ME IN A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN I HATE YOU SO MUCH FUCK PRAETORS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What if user is bryan the whole time and this is just some grand shitposting scheme

Prosssssssshhh

Is there a try hard tier list?
How about a bro tier list?

everyone that ive ever seen with a proosh deck is an autist so i think ill pass on that

Well if you already know people with prossh decks then I understand, it's fun to be different and unique

Prossh really is way more fun than any other sacrifice commander though, I suppose endrek sahr is also pretty cool

Bro Tier List is the following
God Tier) Brothers Yamazaki
Shit Tier) Shattergang Brothers

>Proper grammar
>incomplete sentences

You half ass it, which really undermines your ability to be snobbish about it.

What about Geralf?

This is exactly how it played out the first time. Somebody skipped their punctuation, and he reeeeeeee'd really hard in a series of posts with poor grammar.

Incest Tier

The fuck you think you're doing here?

>proosh

What's the practical difference between "Haste, Other creatures you control have Haste," and "Creatures you control have Haste"?

How about Jazal?

Let's say I have $100 to build a Alshea, who smiles at death deck. What are the essentials I should pick up?

Why do zombies have to be so pricy? I want to make a Gisa deck but it seems like every half decent zombie card is expensive.

None, I also have no idea why Wizards does that.

Furry Tier

And before you ask, Kamahl is also Incest Tier.

The same as the difference between "whenever you discard a card" and "whenever you cycle or discard a card".

It apparently keeps them from having to mop up the brains of playtesters whose heads exploded trying to understand reading.

These are the thoughts that haunt my mind before I fall asleep.

because Zombies are one of (if not the) most popular tribes among casuals

What about Brion Stoutarm?

>you made a typo Xd

Zombies also have some of the most support, so they can make some of the widest range of decks, and being able to go in many decks translates to high demand.

He's where the list starts to get technical. He's in the 4U Tier.

Mishra?

>Brion and Rosheen are brother and sister
Learn something new every day.

Commander - Vorthos Edition: You can play any two commanders as if they had partner so long as you can justify a lore reason for them to work together.

Incest Tier

Incest Tier is pretty big.

Well, I've run out of people who are explicitly brothers that I can remember.

Emrakul, the Promised End

anyone looking to join a discord for memes and playing on cockatrice?

Do 2/3 of the Eldrazi Titans count?

Sidisi, Brood Tyrant

I'd pick Kamahl, Pit Fighter and Chainer, Dementia Master. Reading about their pit fights in Odyssey was awesome as a kid.

This is currently the worst post in Veeky Forums.

No, even if those genders weren't just conventions, there's nothing relating Emrakul, Kozilek, and Ulamog other than the fact that they're all Eldrazi, which could be a grouping smaller a family or larger than a kingdom of life.

Radha, Heir to Keld and Venser, Shaper Savant.

Do I sleeve up time grill for fun? Or will the table just hate me lots? I feel like I play too much blue as it is

Phage and Akroma

What are some good instant speed hate cards/hosers? Things like Containment Priest, Aven Mindcensor, Rakdos Charm, Notion Thief etc.

Even if you make a fun deck they will kill you. Players hate nongreen ramping.

She's fun if you avoid MLD and annihilator, but she will be mostly blue regardless.

Hushwing Gryff

fracturing gust. aether snap. sudden spoiling. fluster storm.

>Thalia, Guardian of Thraben and Geist of Saint Thraft
>Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts and Tajic, Blade of the Legion
>Jhoira of the Ghitu and Teferi, Temporal Master
>Braids, Dementia Master and Ambassador Laquatus
>Mayael the Anima and Nicol Bolas
Thanks user.