MTG STANDARD GENERAL

Pro Tour Amonkhet edition

how many mardu decks in top 8 this weekend?

my guess: 4 mardu, 2 marvel, 1 blue control, 1 other

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/639669#paper
mtggoldfish.com/deck/595797#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-abzan-bears/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-05-17-gr-energy/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drakecycle/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-abzan-rallier/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

5 Mardu, 1 snek, 1 mahvel, 1 blue based control. all three bad decks get BTFO in quarters.
wizards bans Gideon at the next ban list, then is told to unban it and ban heart of Kiran by Hasbro the Monday after.

Why is Marvel even allowed? Shit is the most unreasonable thing in standard, at least felidar guardian died to removal

3 Torrential Gearhulk decks
2 Mardu
1 non-Torrential Gearhulk control deck
1 Marvel
1 spot that I want to be reanimator but it probably won't be

Maybe five copies of Approach of the Second Sun including sideboards. 0 copies of Kefnet.

Why is there so few decks utilizing the OGW eldrazi currently? Is it because of the lack of turn 1 ramp in the format?

Will this be played in standard? Such a wierd 3 mana drop for control.

AHK brought a lot of artifact hate desu

No good colorless lands besides Aether Hub.

Not anything you'd mainboard though, being down 0-1 is pretty bad and you're not for sure gonna draw sideboard unless you mulligan for it or run a lot of cycle.

Forgetting Spires of Industry?

You're going to see a lot of maindeck forsake the worldly at the pro tour in midrange/control decks. That card is too damn good right now.

This saturday night I will be attending Magic Showdown. And I am pondering among those two decks:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/639669#paper

mtggoldfish.com/deck/595797#paper

My LGS is pretty fond of playing GB Delirium, GB Energy, UR Control and Mono Black Zombies. Any help with the sideboards against them would be pretty helpful

Maybe in some Marvel variant?

Do you guys think a mono red sligh list would be good enough to get under Vehicles and Marvel? Something like
4 Insolent Neonate
4 Village Messenger
4 Flameblade Adept
4 Bloodrage Brawler
4 Bomat Courier
other one drops or aggressively priced, evasive idiots
4 Consuming Fervor
a couple burn spells

Why does no one use Odric?

Mardu: Fumigates/Yahenni's, Kalitas, Magma Spray, By Force/Gremlins, Fragmentize, Cast Out, Lost Legacy, probably want some manlands in main if you're actually worried about control
G/B: Kalitas, Serpopard, Lost Legacy, Grasp, Tireless Tracker, Manglehorn, Lay bare the heart

probably other shit I'm forgetting but those are the ones that initially sprung to mind in those colors and seem to not work against the decks

I've been brewing this Abzan deck for a while, any reccomendations? tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-abzan-bears/

i'm testing it out right now breh. it feels ok but i really want fiery temper in here somewhere for reach.

it doesn't do enough to justify its cmc and the setup he requires to actually do the thing is untenable in competitive constructed play.

5 Mardu, 1 Mono Black, 1 Marvel, 1 Snek

I 2-0d at least 6 variants of this list today while testing Zombies and Naya Humans.

here u go big boy

I'm new to Magic, and I like the idea of putting together a werewolf deck because I like the transforming cards. The only problem is that if I understand Standard right, a whole bunch of them are about to fall out of Standard when Eldritch Moon drops out later this year.

Do people balk at playing a "past date" deck? I'm not really interested in tournaments, I just want to know if all the people at the shop won't let me play it in a few months.

you could always just not play magic and probably be a better person for it

I need some help with my G/R deck I plan on playing this weekend at my LGS. It's my first standard event in a while so I am not sure if my sideboard is decent enough.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-05-17-gr-energy/

As someone still kinda new, drop standard right now and play edh and pauper.

I thought I wanted to make cool tribal decks then I decided I wanted to win.

Can someone explain to me why no-one uses Undergrowth Champion in +1/+1 counter decks?

Taking this to game day. Switched curator for enigma Drake and now I can actually end games.

Need help with the sideboard. Fevered visions, serpent and dispel are all there for the control mu. Which is really hard tbf. Sweltering sun is great for aggro obviously. How many by force do I need to run to keep Mardu, tower and marvel in check? Winds of rebuke can help deal with cast out, walkers and artifacts.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drakecycle/

Why?

>tfw store and club forgot to register for Game Day
>Right after I got some Verdurous Gearhulks for cheap
At least this means I don't have to choose between the flavors of BG; SnekCounters, gudstuff or Delirium. Dunno if I should feel good or bad about that

Too slow

Does anyone else get really fucking sad at how dumb the average player is?

I honestly think that the average MTG player, regardless of format, has a greatly-inflated sense of confidence in their skills.

>See "New Perspectives" Combo deck for Standard
>Put it together
>Having more fun than I've had in a long time

Two days later:
>Scrolling through Facebook
>See an article about that New Perspectives Deck for Standard from TCGPlayer
>Decide to read the comments because I'm some kind of fucking masochist
>"THIS DECK AM DUMB. I DON'T GET IT."
>"WHY WOULD YOU RUN THE CYCLING LANDS? THEY COME IN TAPPED?"
>"MY RG WEREWOLF DECK COULD WRECK THIS."
>And so on, and so forth

Some people would explain how the deck works and how the cycling lands were very helpful, even if they do come in tapped.

Retards would just repeat themselves about them coming in tapped and how they're bad.

Is the player-base at your FLGS this bad, or is it just internet comment sections attracting mongoloids like always?

>As someone still kinda new, drop standard right now and play edh and pauper.
Realistically this is only a viable path if they are playing MTGO. I have never seen a LGS where pauper is played.

In my experience, children and teenagers are universally retards. Most EDH players are too.

Make a cheap werewolf deck for, wait for it, fun. Not standard legal, not modern competitive, just fun. Original Innistrad had some baller cards. Find other, like-minded people and have a good time. At least that's what I did. Add bolts to taste.

//Creature (29)
4 Duskwatch Recruiter
4 Immerwolf
3 Instigator Gang
3 Kessig Prowler
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Spirit of the Hunt
2 Wolfbriar Elemental
4 Young Wolf

//Enchantment (2)
2 Howlpack Resurgence

//Instant (7)
3 Moonlight Hunt
3 Moonmist
2 Predator's Howl

//Land (22)
12 Forest
1 Gruul Turf
2 Kessig Wolf Run
1 Mountain
4 Rootbound Crag
2 Rugged Highlands

Your wolves will be gone soon.

Standard is the most expensive format annually.

I would advise seeking a modern/pauper scene. Modern isn't that expensive. Buy skred red and get chinaman Blood Moon's.

EDH is ok, depends on the scene really.

If you can find some guy running a cube, that's where you wanna be.

Draftings ok. Problem is a lot of the cards are just standard filler and if you aren't good drafting can be a sink. Still fun though.

>Facebook

This is where the lowest of the low come to converse. It's like youtube comments.

You shouldn't expect anything more of them.

Can the deck at least make it to top 10 in a 50+ FNM?
Just asking because I have no standard deck and I want to make a cheap one.

You will have fun, but you wont make it to top 20 either.

I'll bump my list. I am starting to feel that the deck might be doomed from the get-go and G/R isn't that good for the current standard we have.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-abzan-rallier/

I just updated my list, It's pretty damn good, from what I've seen with my playtesting, could anyone else give it a shot for a larger pool of results?

I've never liked Key to the City in these decks lol. I really feel like Consuming Fervor is the best pump spell we have, definitely over Rush of Adrenaline because most of our guys are hard to block anyway. I do like Cartouche of Zeal though that's pretty spicy. I do think we want some number of Fiery Temper.

Combat Celebrant is garbage though. If you want a big swing creature you should go for Reckless Bushwhacker

critique this list im going to play at a competitive tourney this weekend

// 60 Maindeck
// 4 Artifact
4 Heart of Kiran

// 22 Creature
4 Thraben Inspector
4 Toolcraft Exemplar
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
4 Selfless Spirit
2 Gisela, the Broken Blade
2 Archangel Avacyn
2 Glorybringer

// 7 Instant
3 Fatal Push
4 Unlicensed Disintegration

// 23 Land
4 Concealed Courtyard
4 Inspiring Vantage
4 Spire of Industry
2 Smoldering Marsh
5 Plains
2 Mountain
2 Swamp

// 4 Planeswalker
4 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

// 15 Sideboard
// 2 Creature
SB: 2 Veteran Motorist

// 5 Instant
SB: 1 Fatal Push
SB: 2 Magma Spray
SB: 2 Anguished Unmaking

// 8 Sorcery
SB: 3 Transgress the Mind
SB: 2 Dispossess
SB: 1 Fumigate
SB: 2 By Force

any change suggestions are greatly appreciated

Needs more Planeswalkers on sideboardto complement the Fumigate pln.
I'd personally drop the Giselas, love the card but in many cases it's just a beater and the lifelink will only come in handy when you're racing. Instead I'd get some copies of Cast Out to deal with Ulamog since you have 0 outs against him. Declaration in Stone can be ok too but Cast Out deals with walkers as well.

>cube
>anything but the most literal garbage format

I'd play fucking peasant edh before cube

my reasoning for gisela is that she is great in the mirror match imo because she blocks every creature they play favorably while putting me ahead in life total, i thought it would be worth it.

also yeah im not the best with sideboards, so im still rough on that.

Control decks will roll you
But the point of fnm is to have fun anyway so it shouldn't matter

Planning on running this list at game day next weekend. Thoughts?

4 Alms of the Vein
4 Bloodrage Brawler
4 Bomat Courier
4 Dread Wanderer
4 Fiery Temper
4 Foreboding Ruins
4 Hazoret the Fervent
4 Key to the City
7 Mountain
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
2 Shock
4 Smoldering Marsh
7 Swamp
4 Unlicensed Disintegration

2 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
4 Lay Bare the Heart
3 Lightning Axe
2 Release the Gremlins
2 Sweltering Suns
2 Trespasser's Curse

Hm, you have a point
My personal fixes would be:
Maindeck:
-2 Selfless Spirit
+2 Veteran Motorist
-2 Gisela
+2 Cast Out

Sideboard
-2 Motorist
-1 Magma Spray
-1 Fatal Push
-1 Anguished Unmaking
-1 By Force
+1 Chandra
+1 Sorin
+1 Ob Nixilis
+1 Lay Bare the Heart
+2 Gisela

I'm not sure if I like Selfless Spirit more than the Motorist, I find the Scry 2 to be really useful. Try a 2-2 split for a few days and see which ones you like better. I'm a fan of 1-of in Sideboard because they're more fun so maybe I'm doing it wrong. Giselas, I'd side in against dumb aggro instead of the mirror, maybe even maindeck in exchange for spirits or motorists. You don't want your expenaive angel to get removed for nothing.

>Have had no desire to tune up any of my decks much less head to FNM

I really want a shot at that Unlicensed Disintegration: I just really don't feel like making the drive out to the LGS.

I did learn of a store near a friend's place that does Booster Draft for FNM. Might try that.

I'm looking to try out bloodrage brawler (4/3 for R1, ETB discard) but don't know what to take out or put in. Any suggestions? Maybe some neonates?

>blue control
you mean the mono-U engulf? that deck looks pretty dull

I'd cut a land and 2 cathartics, and an Unlicensed.
Cathartic can be awkward to cast when you don't have enough mana to madness everything or enough things that want to be pitched.
Disintegration is mostly a murder due to you only having 4 artifacts.
23 lands is a bit much for a deck with a top curve of realistically 3.

>23 lands is a bit much for a deck with a top curve of realistically 3.
You realistically want to have 5 lands, because the only way to get a Pariah out through BBB madness is discard, and every discard outlet save Neonate costs 2. I'll try with 2 less reunions and one less disintegration though.

What is the side board like?

Opinions on Bloodrage Brawler in aggro decks that aren't about discard or zombies?

no, just any blue control deck

probably will be UR

>4 Collective Brutality
>3 Transgress
>3 Distended Mindbender
>2 Key to the City
>2 Kalitas
>1 lightning axe

>look up new 5-0 decks on mtgo today
>only 1 mardu
>3 marvels
>UW Flash
>white weenies splashing blue
>some zombies
>a midrange energy rug deck

Where can I find these lists?

mtggoldfish.com/metagame/standard#online

>all this discard
A little excessive. I'd cut 1 collective, 2 of the distendeds, and 1 transgress.
This might sound silly, but I'd say you are playing the exact deck that having some midnight oils in the side board would do good. It'll give you enough fuel to race mid range lists and control, and also makes cheating madness or other wanna-pitch effects without needing to spend mana due to hand size.
I'd say, 2-3 midnights and consider Release the Gremlins, or other artifact hate.

Creature (19)
2x Baleful Ammit
4x Channeler Initiate
2x Crocodile of the Crossing
4x Dune Beetle
1x Endless One
2x Exemplar of Strength
2x Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons
2x Honored Hydra
Instant (12)
2x Altar's Reap
4x Hapatra's Mark
2x Shed Weakness
4x Supernatural Stamina
Artifact (1)
1x Rhonas's Monument
Land (25)
9x Forest
16x Swamp
Sorcery (2)
2x Wander in Death
Enchantment (2)
2x Nest of Scarabs

This is the first deck I've ever built by myself, suggestions appreciated.This is how it's supposed to work:Give the -1/-1 counters to Channeler Initiate so she can generate mana and keep your other cards clean of the counters. scarab nest and Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons help make your defense lines. The tokens can also take the -1/-1 for themselves, as they will just be replaced and you won't really lose anything.Use Hapatra's Mark and/or Supernatural Stamina ideally to save your Channeler Initiate from early removals, buffing her up in the process.Other than that, your creatures are very cost efficient without their counters on them.I don't know what to put on the sidedeck and maybedeck, all sugestions welcome.

Should I just sell my zombies why they are worth so fucking much? I have been slow building them and got things like relentless deads when they were $4 each.

It's the only deck I own and I love playing it but I could seriously quadruple the money I sunk into it and come out with like +$80

they're popular on mtgo

if they dont perform well at the pro tour tomorrow then they might tank a few dollars

I'm working on a list for this too. I'm doing 4 Hapatra. Having 2 in hand isn't a problem because it lets you be ballsy and try to get the combat damage trigger with the one in play. She's way better than I thought she'd be. I was originally running 2 of her and 4 nest of scarabs, but I brought her to 4 and put nest at 3 after some playtesting.
Take out two dune beetle for two more crocodile of the crossing. That card is the meat of how you win. Exemplar of strength is worth a 4 of too, imho.
I'm running 4 fatal push and 4 grasp of darkness as removal with Never // Return in side for when push isn't enough.
I think honored hydra is kinda meh in the deck with no way to dump it in the grave early, but that's personal taste.
The deck is fun, and isn't the worst thing I've brought to my mostly casual fnm. But, I honestly think it could become pretty viable if it gets a bit of a push in the next set.

>24 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar on the PT top 8
>WotC bans Fatal Push from Standard because it "promotes unfun interactions".
Watch it happen.

>paying $100 for a deck that last's a year and a half with minor adjustments
>paying $1000 for a deck that last's forever

I honestly rather play standard, as stale and boring as it can be at times it actually changes.

>>paying $100 for a deck that last's a year and a half with minor adjustments
Try 3 months.

I like the idea behind bg -1/-1 counters. I think you should go down on dune beetles and up on exemplar of strength, but that's just my opinion. Honored hydra seems random, but it's a good card if you can find some way to get it in the graveyard- 4-mana 6/6 that misses most counterspells.

I would cut Shed Weakness and Endless One for 3-of Blossoming Defense to help defend your creatures.

You should also have some removal mainboard. Grasp of Darkness and Fatal Push are in your colors, though the latter is pretty expensive. Maybe cut Supernatural Stamina for them?

Sideboard should include 2-3 of Lost Legacy and Dispossess - they help you against various control / combo decks.

Transgress the Mind / Collective Brutality can help you against control / combo in the side.

You seem to have big bodies and lots of blockers, so I'm not sure what aggro will do against you. Baleful Ammit is better than it seems, especially against aggro decks, so maybe fit a pair of those in the sideboard? Lifelink is very relevant. Failing that, Ambitious Aetherborn could help on that front.

Never // Return is good against decks running planeswalkers.

consuming fervor is ok but it can't be used as a combat trick. i'm actually on Built to Smash right now and it's quite good. Cartouche of Zeah is rebranded Hammerhand from Boss Sligh. agreed on Celebrant. i'd rather play another ahn-Crop Crasher, which is been the i-win-button at 3cmc, along with Kari Zev+Cartouche.

Key to the City gives all your excess Mountains 'cycling' and can turn on Fiery Temper if we're playing that.

here's where i'm at on modo for 5 tix, half of which was spent on this art of mountain.

list feels good to play. it's fast, it's red, whats not to like? admittedly not quite as good as actual Boss Sligh but it'll definitely steal games with all these Menace dudes and combat tricks.

guess what card sextupled in price in a few days...

I'll preface this with a good on you for trying, but I hope you won't take it personally when I say the deck is just trash. Your cards fall into three categories: hot garbage, the best you can really do with the subpar theme, and passable.

Your hot garbage cards are Dune Beetle, Honored Hydra, Exemplar of Strength, Altar's Reap, Hapatra's Mark, Shed Weakness, Supernatural Stamina, Rhonas' Monument, and Wander in Death. These should really just be cut entirely, even if you do decide to keep with the GB -1/-1 theme. I shouldn't need to tell you why Dune Beetle is bad, Honored Hydra is too expensive, Exemplar of Strength is worthless without something else to nuke, Altar's Reap isn't even played in dedicated sacrifice decks, Hapatra's Mark is a bad Blossoming Defense, Shed Weakness is a combat trick and those are AWFUL in constructed without granting protection to your creature, Supernatural Stamina should just be removal, Rhonas' Monument has very little synergy to warrant the random 1-of, and Wander in Death is far too slow.

(cont)

Your "the best you can really do with the subpar theme" cards are: Baleful Ammit, Channeler Initiate, Crocodile of the Crossing, Endless One, Hapatra, and Nest of Scarabs. These aren't the worst, you probably couldn't find a way to replace them if you were going to stick with your theme, but just compare how many of these you have in your deck versus your hot garbage cards. There's like 12 of these. I'm not necessarily saying you should bump these all up to a playset I just want to illustrate to you that this theme is ultimately pretty bare on good cards to run. If you want some suggestions look at stuff like Blooming Marsh and Hissing Quagmire for the mana base, Fatal Push and Grasp of Darkness for removal, Sylvan Advocate and Tireless Tracker for stronger midrange creatures, Lili Last Hope for recursion and midgame value, and maybe even something like Rhonas himself, you have a fair amount of creatures that can come in with 4 power. Really, what you want is more GOOD cards in your deck, blindly sticking to a theme and jamming shitty cards in your deck for "muh synergy" is only going to result in you drawing shitty cards in games and feeling awful about it.

Oh, and your passable cards are Forest and Swamp, I had to include some elitist snark in here for my own sake.

Werewolf OP here, this is basically what I did. Most of the people I play with are friends, so it is using the "standard style" of 60 cards, 24 lands, 4 same name max, just because that's the kind of deck I know.

//Creature (23)
4 Village Messenger
4 Duskwatch Recruiter
4 Lambholt Pacifist
4 Geier Reach Bandit
2 Spirit of the Hunt
2 Silverfur Partisan
2 Solitary Hunter
1 Ulrich of the Krallenhorde

//Planeswalker (2)
2 Arlinn Kord

//Enchantment (2)
2 Howlpack Resurgence

//Artifact (3)
3 Neglected Heirloom

//Instant (6)
2 Moonlight Hunt
4 Blossoming Defense

//Lands(24)
10 Forest
6 Mountain
4 Cinder Glade
4 Game Trail

I play a similar deck, a word of advice I'd give is put in a few Soul Stingers, they're a common that you can just overload with -1/-1 counters, and when it dies you can transfer them to an opponent's creature, which if you get 5 of them on there will kill Rhonas, Hazoret or Kefnet. I personally run a winding constrictor, which means Soul Stinger has 3 -1/-1's, playing an Exemplar of Strength adds 4, so it dies with -7/-7 on there which can kill most things.

Insects are they key focus of my deck though, I've got a few metallic mimics to hopefully buff the bugs when they come in, and a decimator of the provinces to give them all trample as a hopeful game ender.

can you post the full decklist? a friend of mine is also tinkering with a hapatra -1/-1 deck

Lathnu Hellion
Hazoret
Reckless Bushwacker

these should probably be included

card is really good

people need something to hate on Torrential Gearhulk decks and he is honestly the best answer

my local meta is really control heavy and him+Jace are my strongest sideboard cards

almost every time I play against one of my friends he gets into the situation where he needs to think about letting a Chandra resolve on my turn 4 or waste his counterspell and then let me resolve Jace on 5 which pretty much loses the game either way

then if I am playing Jeskai I just use Nahiri to search for SotFW and win the game off that

lots of strong anti control cards but thankfully they are really only useful in control decks

hope blue does well at this PT or at least does better than the last one

Sadly not, as I'm stuck in an airport right now and I honestly can't remember the full list, if this thread is still up in 6 hours I'll post it. It's currently not finished, there are a few cards that I plan on taking out and a few I plan on putting in. It's GBr, for Skin Invasion as a relatively quick to get 3/4 insect, Consuming Fervor which is a decent -1/-1, and therefore snake/insect generator, and unlicenced disintegration which I think is the best removal in standard right now.

the card only sees play from the sideboard, that doesn't warrant a 400% price spike

it went up because some idiot attempted to buy out all the copies of it on TCGPlayer. It won't end well because the demand won't be high

HUH that's sounds fun desu, I'll tell him to try it out. If the thred is ded just post the decklist on the next one ok?

Day 1 of the Pro Tour is all limited isn't it?

G/U Ramp:
>Lands(24)
8Forest
8Islands
4Lumbering Falls
4Botanical Sanctum
>Instats(11)
4Censor
4Heroic Intervention
3Haze of Pollen
>Enchantments(4)
4Bounty of the Luxa
>Sorceries(7)
2Harvest Season
2Contingency Plan
2Spring//Mind
1Part the Waterveil
>Creatures(13)
4Beastcaller Savant
4Naga Vitalist
3Weaver of Currents
2Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
>Planeswalker(1)
1Nissa, Steward of Elements
>Sideboard(15)
3Appetite for the Unnatural
2Crash of Tentacles
3Manglehorn
3Negate
2Prowling Serpopard
2Walking Ballista

Thoughts?

So, as a mono red aggro deck how do I beat a resolved Ishkanah?

you throw burn spells at their face like your deck is supposed to do.

3 rounds of draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard.

you side in magmatic chasm and follow it up with a surged bushwhacker, or you kill them before they get to 5 mana.

Sorry I'm late
>Land (25)
2 Blooming Marsh
1 Foreboding Ruins
1 Forest
1 Game Trail
6 Mountain
7 Smoldering Marsh
7 Swamp
>Instant (9)
2 Appetite for the Unnatural
2 Splendid Agony
2 Stinging Shot
>Enchantment (7)
1 Consuming Fervor
3 Nest of Scarabs
3 Skin Invasion
>Creature (19)
3 Decimator Beetle
1 Decimator of the Provinces
1 Distended Mindbender
2 Exemplar of Strength
2 Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons
2 Metallic Mimic
2 Prakhata Pillar-Bug
4 Soulstinger
3 Unlicensed Disintegration
2 Winding Constrictor

Unlicensed Disintegration isn't a creature, not sure why it put it there in the export but there you go.

Thanks guys, I've made some changes based on what you said and this is the end result.
3 Blooming Marsh
9 Forest (#262)
9 Swamp (#256)
4 Hissing Quagmire

3 Sylvan Advocate
2 Baleful Ammit
1 Dune Beetle
2 Crocodile of the Crossi..
2 Exemplar of Strength
2 Hapatra, Vizier of Pois..
4 Channeler Initiate
1 Endless One
2 Tireless Tracker

2 Altar's Reap
3 Blossoming Defense
3 Grasp of Darkness
4 Hapatra's Mark
2 Nest of Scarabs
2 Wander in Death

I'm playing on a budget here, and this is the best I can do right now moneywise. I might pump up the deck in the future. Thank you for the suggestions.

those aren't what this version of sligh does.

>3 and 4 mana spells that don't win on the spot by negating blockers in a deck full of Menace creatures

I assume you never played Boss Sligh so i can't expect you to understand how this deck wins.

What the fuck am I looking at.
I understand how a deck filled with jackal pups and block restricts is supposed to function, but the overall power of the cards in this list seems questionable. Humans/white has actual payoff cards for its army of one-drops and it gets to play actual 2/1s or higher with abilities instead of trying to win one damage at a time. I'm going to have to sleeve this up and see if I'm missing something.

My first instinct is that it will be a little too easy for opponents to stabilize against 1/X creatures. I could see this beating delirium if they have no removal or ishkana.

How do you beat a Sweltering Suns or Yahenni's Expertise?

holy fuck new perspectives actually won a game.

It will beat out any decks that cannot deal with the combo. Aggro decks that arent fast enough will fold to it.

Any control decks can eat it alive though

After sides might be tough as well. I hope it does well because we'll never see it again.

>tfw red/black has no enchantment hate

I wanna get into magic, but what format should I choose? Its kinda confusing..

Try discard and/or lost legacy

if you take away the combo you slow down the deck by several turns while they try to hard cast Second Sun.