/swg/ Zeltron edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

How has romance entered your games, /swg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/xgGUP8y
mega.nz/#F!blI01Jga!6uL6fLHF2rJFKDN57E14WQ!j5IXyJza
mega.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ!qRYQWQbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

does love for adventure/money count?

Me and my right hand will never be parted

I had a husband and wife playing a husband and husband couple in one game. never was really a big deal though

My Trandoshan hooked up with some alien matriarch-to-be while intoxicated.
My GF doesn't like RPGs though

I once had a female Twi'lek podracer hitting on a female PC through a case of mistaken identity. Long story short she ended up topless, covered in Imperial blood. It was a fun game.

It usually happens when the party shops for its first starship, steals from an Imperial shipyard, or enters a gun store.

>How has romance entered your games, /swg/?
My romantically oblivious character is currently being wooed by a Tomboy Corellian Pilot.

Our Tanky character has a Twi'Lek Muscle Girl who has a life debt to pay to him.

Our Kel-Dor Pilot has rekindled their romance with their ex-wife.

Our Charmer Bothan is hitting his Human Psychotic Ex-Wife soon to be Wife Again Black Marketeer who is also the run away daughter of an Imperial Moff.

Our Zabrak tech girl is forever alone because she spills more spaghetti than Tomoko.

Which is a better use for Jury-Rig, reducing the cost of Autofire or bringing a weapon's Critical down to 1?

Reducing Autofire cost by far.

>Zabrak tech girl is forever alone because she spills more spaghetti than Tomoko
I am intrigued...

Spaghetti spilling characters are only good for romance/smut writing if they're paired with another character who's the same way

She has the hots for all these cute/hot girls, but ends up unable to get past the crippling social anxiety she faces daily since being orphaned (After Imperials stole her parents) on Coruscant.

She has a group of Droids who she can speak normally too, but goes completely autismal when speaking to others.

Link to /SWG/ Discord, join if you want or something.

I forget to put the fucking link. I'm an idiot.
discord.gg/xgGUP8y

>How has romance entered your games, /swg/?

The only romance in my game so far is the Jedi obsessive falling in love with a khyber crystal and lightsaber, and possibly me for giving it to her, and the pilot and his jetpack.

How tough is Storm/Clone Trooper armor?
My roommate thinks its splinter protection only, I figured it was as good as modern armor, only lighter, then autists claim its completely immune to kinetic attacks, while in the movies its penetrated by stone tipped arrows...

Technically, the arrows and spears in the movie don't penetrate the armor itself, but rather the material around the armor.

We've never actually seen any non-energy weapons pierce the armor itself, and even blaster bolts don't necessarily always go all the way through the armor.

I still can't believe that WEG did the Yuuzhan Vong a decade before NJO did. Not to mention that they did it a thousand times better.

>We've never actually seen any non-energy weapons pierce the armor itself, and even blaster bolts don't necessarily always go all the way through the armor.
Other than a possible animation error in the Talz episode of TCW where a Talz throws a starship-hull-splinter spear through a clone chestplate.

Needs the ability to change nicknames, imo. Also more text channels.

Agreed nicknames are essential

I'm not the admin, just one of the users.

What would be the space equivalent of the M2 or DhSK? The canon heavy repeater doesn't really have the punch or size

The E-web, I guess? It's pretty large when we see it on-camera. Or is that the one you're saying lacks punch/size?

My Zeltron girl ended combat at one point stark naked, drenched in blood, with nothing but a lightsaber (not hers) and a breathing mask.

>Or is that the one you're saying lacks punch/size?
Yeah. It seems more like a space Vickers or Maxim type gun

It looks quite a bit bigger than a Vickers or Maxim.

Well, I rate the autoblaster as about like a space Oerlikon or ZU-23, though I could honestly see stretching it to include the M2 and KPV.
It's tough, because FFG SW doesn't really do crew-served weaponry
Maybe just call it an Autoblaster that breaks down into a couple man-pack chunks of like 7-10 encumbrance, I dunno

Cool, will check it out

It's a lot bigger than a .50, maybe you're just confused because the width seems like a water jacket?

Uh Captcha what are you trying to say here?

Why is my husbando so perfect?

it does kinda look like a 1.5x scale maxim now that I think about it

I need a source and context for that pic

New Comic called the Screaming Citadel, where Aphra and Luke team up to fight what looks like Space Vampires .

It was storytimed on /co/ today, so if you get to the thread you probably could find a link.

The chemistry between the two is beyond Mara and Luke

I gotchu senpai

How goes the squadfic planning friend? I voted

so what's the squadron composition m8?

>The chemistry between the two is beyond Mara and Luke

You aren't wrong. This was literally the issue that made me start to like Aphra. Her having a character to play off that doesn't hate or pity her is nice.

mara suffered heavily from years of writers being told to specifically NOT write chemistry between her and luke, so when it was time to, nobody knew how

>space vampires
>with my rising star nucanon favourite, and my all-time favourite character
Fuck the hell yes.

Thanks! I've outlined the first chapter, plus a little, now I'm working on filling it in.
I haven't fully decided on who's in the squadron. Twelve is a lot of characters. I have most of the key ones worked out and put into the outline already, but I'm open to suggestions for the others.

Nautolan m x Zeltron f

well based on the last couple of threads, you definitely need the twi'lek reverse trap and her childhood friend combo, you've already got the smug twink, the slutty twins, and what else do you already have planned?

You can always start with a flight, rather than the full squadron... if they're Recon they might go out on mission in pairs and flights. The rest of the Squadron can be dealt with more vaguely in mentions until you're ready to fill out the roster?

As for ideas, a Zygerrian or Falleen woman? They're more underworld species but a couple support the rebels probably.

>Zygerrian or Falleen woman
Dommes

>literally date rapist the species
nah thanks m8

:D

I remember reading the Shadows novelization when I was like 12 and thinking the whole Leia thing was kinda hot, but just a bit weird. Looking back, holy shit was Xizor just creepy as hell. Did he actually have a reason he was trying to fuck Leia besides ego? I can't remember.

>The armor was also resistant to projectile weapons and blast shrapnel. However, the plating made running difficult, and was vulnerable to hits at the non armored parts, even against arrows. The armor dissipated energy from blaster shots, leaving the trooper unconscious, and with burns on large areas of the body. If the trooper was shot on the shoulder, it was possible he still went down. This meant that the trooper could survive direct hits, and after a quick bath in bacta, he was ready for service again. The armor didn't protect against blunt weapons though, some hits to the head with a club, or with stones could lead to falling unconscious, or even death, because of brain trauma and damage.

>Stormtrooper armor was capable of protecting its wearer in extreme environments, including deserts, forest, icy wastelands, and limited exposure to the vacuum of space. The armor's torso plating featured environmental controls on its midsection, its black body glove was vacuum-sealed[1] and made of a smart material that could adjust to the wearers body heat and external temperature.[5] Though a rebreather pack was required for extended use in environments that lacked a breathable atmosphere or to filter potent toxins.[8] Troops in the field were allowed additional ammunition and comprehensive survival equipment, with backpacks that could feature field communicator sets, mortar launchers, and blaster components.[2] It was a punishable offense to utilize the armor's internal cooling options in noncritical situations due to its power drain, however many Imperial cadets still attempted to do so. Stormtroopers were also expected to remain in uniform at all times, with the rule considered essential for maintaining the public trust and representing the Empire in a positive, professional manner. By wearing one's armor, one represented the Empire, not the individual.

>Falleen

I'd let her date rape me. Though more likely she'd string me along and then fuck me over in a non sexy way

In short, it's slightly better than modern body armor, but far from impenetrable. Remember that it's lowest bid mass produced armor. It will protect you from glancing blaster fire and a straight shot from basic kinetic weapons. The real strength is that it lets the Stormtroopers operate in any environment

I'm gonna vote for a very large and strong human guy and his girlfriend from a large, strong alien species.
they regularly destroy furniture when they fuck

>his girlfriend from a large, strong alien species.
He'd rather fuck a Wookiee?

what, you wouldn't fuck a chick just because she's a marine?

Xizor was donut steel when you could still get that shit published. And he was still better than Dash Rendar.

the girl should be an amazonian near human, not many good other choices

This has been my fetish since I first saw these two.

thirding.
amazonian women are great and couples who are equally matched in height/strength are premium best rare fetish

What are Amazonian alien species? I'm only picturing Klingons and maybe Andorians atm.

Wookiees

whats their dick look like though?
Like a reg or like a dog's red rocket?

I feel like a wookiee would be messy to copulate with, with all the hair and strange noises and occasional berserker rampages.

aren't Deveronian females like two meters tall?
other than that and those weird femdom otters who are trash, it really is down to OC or near-humans

So I just realized something.

Rogue One is canon.

The Death Star was indeed an inside job.

you cheeky motherfucker

Cragmaloid Women.

Because who doesn't want a cross between an Elephant and a spider?

Does anyone have a PDF or something of the propaganda book?

E-Webs are pretty much the standard heavy repeater for a lot of factions, while they don't really chew up vehicles and buildings like they probably should, they do a reasonable job of sending a lot of rounds downrange, for a long way.
Anyone hit with one is looking to soak at least 16pts of damage with Pierce 2, so they're going to be pretty unhappy, if you really wanted maybe a better analogue- replace Pierce 2 with Breach 2 so it can rip up civi vehicles all day and murder people like nobody's business

That said-
Even the M2 and DShK are hard set to bother most modern military light armoured ground vehicles and combat aircraft.

So quick question for you all. I play these games occasionally and was in my flgs when I saw a module for EotE: Mask of the Pirate Queen. I tried reading through the links at the beginning o the thread but the only thing I could find was the FaD core book. I would like to think about purchasing this book but would like to "try before I buy" as it were. Am I missing something from the links up there? Or is my entire endeavour likely to prove fruitless?

here's a link to the mega dump
mega.nz/#F!blI01Jga!6uL6fLHF2rJFKDN57E14WQ!j5IXyJza

Thank You Very Much. If I could; I'd buy you a beer.

I've been working on something in Maya and Photoshop and I'm throwing it around the internet for criticism. Anyone have anything that immediately jumps out for this piece?

Nah you're right. Books are worth buying anyway as they're really good, fucking heavy though!

Maybe a little more transparency on the blaster bolts just so they don't look like solid objects. Little less white in their centres as well perhaps

It's in the in the mega on /co/ mega.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ!qRYQWQbQ

Nice, thanks user

This looks a bit better to me. What do you think?

Literally the moment I posted that I realized the underglow on the destroyer should probably be more subtle.

Yep, that sort of looks like the ones in the movies.
Though you're going to have to tidy up the edge of the underglow as it looks like its crept up the sides of the destroyer.

Maya's a pretty cool program, been years since I had anything to do with it though

That's gonna be a bit tough. The smoke is meant to curl over the destroyer and I'm handling it similar to the way they do in rebels: Take a bunch of prerendered ships and throw them over a background. The mist is done in photoshop so I'll be fucking about in photoshop for a bit too.

Here it is. Photoshop was being weird but I think I got it.

Yeah, over time you can do stuff like motion-blur the TIE's (maybe have them shooting with that green shit too)
Also SD's are full of heaps of little light sources too.. just to fuck with your life that bit more :p

is there a dnd game with that is around squadron combat

This IS them with motion blur. I think this is a version without it.

I decided to just nix the light sources as well. I don't think they'd be adding much to the composition truth be told.

Fuck, THIS is the old one.

What Armada ships and expansions should you buy in which quantity?

For example I don't think I'll be buying more than one Home One and one Liberty but maybe two ISDs.

But how many MC 30s, Nebulas or Arquitens are the right amount?

Ah shit, they're super cute.

MC30s, two probably. I got away with just one for a while though. Nebs, one plus the one you get in the core. Kittens, harder to call. I have two and that's about right for both ships and the upgrades they come with, but I know people who have three and use them effectively. DTTs are also awesome and you will want several.

I've been fine with just one of the large and medium ships so far. I really don't think double ISD lists are good, even before current meta. Sometimes I wish I had a second AFII, but not to the tune of $40.

Flotillas of course you'll want like 2-3 of both.

I wouldn't do it either :)

Still, with SW art its ok to go full retard on your backgrounds with upside down cities hanging from trees, 4 suns, huge space benis living in asteroids etc
That's sort of where the 'fantasy' bits of SW come into it

Thank you!
Shame about the ISDs.
I just like em a lot visually and thematically.

They're impressive damn ships on the table top. I mostly play Rebels in Armada at this point, but whenever I take Imps I pretty much always have an ISD.

Also you probably only need one Pelta, and that more to complete the collection and get the upgrades.

Most squadron packs you'll want two of. You might be able to squeek by for a while with one of the rogues and villains and one each of the fighter pack IIs, but you will need two of the fighter pack Is plus Corellian Conflict for the new objectives and squadrons.

I'd also recommend going by E-bay and picking up some of the alt arts from previous kits. Leading shots, XI7s, and Turbolaser reroutes in particular.

The alt arts are so really neat desu.
I might just do that.

You should keep the blaster bolts the way they are in this one, they are in fact solid objects being magnetically contained plasma bolts and not lasers.

They're getting a mini series this summer I believe

From the FFG stuff, Age of Rebellion with some home brewing to make it less deadly

My roguish Gunslinger Smuggler is sleeping with his Chewbacca, who is a life-debted Twi'lek sexpot, who is also played by my gf.

The TIEs look giant, rather than closer to the camera. I don't know why.

For the amount of clouds in your background, the ships themselves should be more occluded: flying through clouds, creating trails, clouds in the foreground, etc.

The only duplicates I grabbed for rebels was an additional CR90 and Neb (in addition to the core set), a second MC30, and three flotillas. I kinda want a third CR90, though.

Anything else, like a second Pelta or more copies of some upgrade, I just borrow.

>Assault Pelta w/ ETs and ELs
>77 points
>Double arc = 2R2B in front, 1R1B in side
>Average damage = 7.25
>5HP, 8 Shields
>Evade, Brace, Redirect

>MC30 Scout, w/ OEs and APTs
>78 points
>Double arc = 1R2B in front, 2R3B in side, chance for APTs on each
>Average damage = 13.35 (assuming not rerolling hits to fish for hit/crits)
>4HP, 11 shields
>2x Evade, 2x Redirect

I'm willing to consider the titles a wash, because having two officers can be useful in harder to directly measure ways. I'm even willing to give the Pelta a slight edge on defense, because of the extra HP, and more importantly, brace. And the Pelta has slightly more maneuverability if it's spamming navigates.

But the MC30 does nearly twice it's damage, while throwing on a crit effect. For what purpose even introduce this variant of the Pelta, FFG?