/btg/ Battletech General!

---------------------------------
Hatchet aspirin edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – UPDATED (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

(new)
bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-04-27 - Still getting worked on & now has 11483 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-03-26!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Our /btg/ Merc Unit! 2017-05-01
pastebin.com/3ffaLH9C

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RyoBwysAWVo
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI
youtube.com/watch?v=P8AKP4Tw9sE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks to a guy in the previous thread, unseens for everyone!
My Griffie

ugly.

When is Field Manual: Home Improvements dropping? I heard Loren isn't working on it anymore, but Tara is.

Who's Tara?
Posting user's pic until you like it.

>Who's Tara?
Randalls wife.

How much of a chore is she? Is she without getting political, a good writer, a- dumbass SJW, a clanner, a Capellan?

>that half-bullshit math
cray? is that you?

I don't think she's a writer. Just a weight loss consultant or some bullshit. Guess you gotta have a 1040 for income.

What's the Tiger 1 tank of mechs?

AS7-D Atlas.

It's huge, with heavy armor, a giant gun, is severely underpowered (speed wise), looks scarier than it actually is, and you're better off taking 3 Panthers (Mech or tank, either one) instead of it.

Not that user, but I thought it was the weight of that ship times 35. Hell if I know.

>I don't think she's a writer. Just a weight loss consultant or some bullshit.
Well that family started out helping the company lose financial weight, what's to stop them from making them lose more things?

Well, 40K's a lot more popular, so it must be better for a reason.

Fits the Lyrans then I guess.

Randall asks her to stamp his posts for political approval before making them.

>Well that family started out helping the company lose financial weight, what's to stop them from making them lose more things?

holy shit that was good

????
Hollander? Single big gun, mediocre mobility, a lot less protected than the operators think/wish it was?

Would anyone turn down 40k's level of success and popularity?

Must have been great back in the 80's and 90's when people actually knew what BT was

>Would anyone turn down 40k's level of success and popularity?

I would. Why are milsim games better than CoD-type games? Because they demand more from the player, and force the playerbase to have a higher overall quality.

Same function is at work here. Does anyone REALLY want the spergy 40k types to transition to BT? Now I don't mean the adult 40k players that also play BT - they just like to play a variety of games. But 40k is successful because it panders to the children that scream DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA when moving spuss muhreens and we just aint got time for all that in BT.

Never skip arm day anons.

>not recognising the Ghostbusters reference
For shame, user.

So you prefer a game slowly dying due to shitty devs and a shitty playerbase rather than actual success, got it.

Classic Awesome. Big, slow, tough, and shooty, but now outmatched in those aspects by newer, better, machines.

Uuh, AWS-9Q? Hell even the 8Q is still godly.

It's a retarded Tyrannosaurus Mad Cat!

That MC looks like it belongs on some LSD inspired vinyl funk album from the 1970s.

If the only way to achieve success is to turn yourself into a 40K or a Warmawhores, then yes, I'd prefer a dying game. The only even remotely "successful" modern game to have kept its soul is Infinity, and that's only because it's popularity is relatively new.

[either-die-a-hero-or-become-the-villain.png]

Yup. Sometimes integrity is more important than success. Especially when you've already found success, and it's merely a question of how low you're willing to go to hold on.

You're 70 years old. You've got late-stage cancer. You can either take six stages of chemo and lose the essence of yourself fighting to stay alive and be miserable and make your family miserable and turn into someone that you are not, or you can go out with your head held high.

If you're bitchmade, I think you know which one to pick.

>bitchmade

lol the fuck is this

So I'm entirely new. What's the difference between fighting mechs in the tabletop RPG and fighting mechs in the wargame?

>lol the fuck is this
essentially, a weak man

Man, the more I see the Timber Wolves of old the more i appreaciate the one that's in MWO.

Because it actually looks like it can carry all the weapons it has on it and still kep the iconic look.

Shame the MWO cancer boxes ruin the look.

>mwo cancer boxes
Pardon?

Post your favorite mech. A tie between pic related and Phoenix Hawk for me.

I believe he's referring to MWOs decision that all lasers must come in boxes, regardless of how incongruous and clunky it may be compared to the rest of a mech. The Black Knights head laser for example.

Maybe I'm weird but I like the new aesthetic. When I was younger and found a mech I thought was neat, the first thing I did was look for fan art that made it look better.

I'm actually referring to the missile boxes for the TBR-D and TBR-S.

The fat bunny ear launchers glued next to the cockpit? 100% with ya. Part of the reason I never run more than two missile racks on my Timbers, or if, those forward ones are SRM2s of sone kind.

>i'm awoo, guys
I'm seriously laughing out loud.

Looks like a budget Daishi.

That looks like the older, dopier cousin of the Mad Cat, the Miffed Kitty, or in test tube baby names, the Balsa Lumber Dog.

Are there any sort of XL or fuckhuge VOTLs in battletech that can transport a mech, a la the helicopter transports from Armored Core VD? Pic related.

The Dragonfly

I think the RPG assumes you switch to wargame rules for mech fighting.

Does a person's favorite factions tell you what kind of player they are?

For example, my favorite factions are Clan Wolf and the Magistracy of Canopus.

What would that tell you about me as a player?

Wolf hasn't been good since the Refusal War and MoC hasn't ever been good. But they went from middling Bandit Kingdom of the Space Amazons to full retard after Sunny started banging the second princess.

So why don't you explain why you like them in particular over the others, because first impulse is just to call you a faggot.

Is that similar to those helis in Dougram that carry mechs?

Mechanically? They use lift hoists so they can carry 100 tons of anything. They're not built for only mechs. In fact one of the stories of them is them flying around with assault tanks slung underneath.

I believe at least some editions have vestigial mech combat rules, but yes, it really wants you to use the wargame for mech combat. Like Heavy Gear, or early OD&D.

Mech to mech is basically the regular game but the pilots have a wider variety of special skills. Though you can use Solaris rules for more small scale grit.

Personal scale combat is there but it's as fucking terrifying as it should be when you're a single man against a two story humanoid war machine.

Oh, do me. I like the Taurians, Fed Suns, and Wolf when it was under Ulric.

>Mary Sue tranny whores

>they can carry 100 tons of anything
Fascinating. So they can carry one Stinger, a Savannah Master and my ex-gf combined. Good to know.

Like others have posted.

The Battletech RPGs have always been treated like expansions to the wargame rather than stand-alone products, especially since the wargame is frequently run similarly to an RPG through various campaign systems.

The RPGs felt a bit more forgiving in the past, but got more lethal as the years progressed. There's heavy emphasis on movement and using cover compared to more common titles.

>one Stinger, a Savannah Master and my ex-gf combined
WoB mad science at it's finest

>Having a 75 ton girlfriend

Your mech's bitching betty can't really love you, user, no matter what you program her to say.

>reactor online
>weapons online
>vagina online

All systems nominal indeed.

More than her vision was augmented.

I wish she was a Marauder or a Mad Cat. At least then she would leak oil or lubricant other than the stuff that came out of her. All the lord's techs and all lord's men, couldn't get her humpy ass back together again.

But no seriously, after I dumped her she ballooned up and now she has a fursona and draws pron and furry pron. Gauss rifle shot dodged.

>she ballooned up
>Gauss rifle shot dodged

Wouldn't that be "AC/20 round dodged" in this case?

More like NAC/40

She had the ADHD and borderline personality disorder that was as speedy to trigger into an emotional tizzy as a gauss rifle shot so... naval gauss?

What makes the 3050s FWL so fun set RPs in?

I think it's due to writers forgetting that FWL was a thing and you have almost as much freedom to do whatever stories you want as there is very little canon events happening in the FWL in the 3050's. After that you get Jihad and all that crap.

So what's the C* version of the PPC drink? Communion wine?

gasoline and crystal meth for the WoB PPC, and headlight fluid for the old C*

lol

Is the reason why Steiner is still having problems and not the Dracs is because of yellow fever?

I dunno.

But after spending five years in Japan and coming home I definitely miss the girls. Thanks for reminding me.

Bad day for Goliaths.

>Bad day for Goliaths.

I *guarantee* you that was the result of an MG ammo explosion!

>disdainforplebs.png

Did Geier draw that?

Yep, it's from Citytech 2E.

I've been playing BT for over 20 years now, I honestly can't remember a time I hit with a LBX20 and EVERY pellet rolled to hit.
Tonight is awesome and I'm sipping a vodka and black berry juice to enjoy.
Also it was against a very unhappy Vee.

Apollo or Anvil?

A bit of an odd question given pocket Archer and iffy brawler are opposites in function.

But generally speaking Apollo is a better mech in its role.

Cobra instead of Apollo, Penetrator instead of Anvil, Hogarth instead of Halas

I don't think I've ever seen that either. Course I've only been in one game where an LB 20-X was used ever, so...

It's been a long while since I really played an actual game. Like a month or something.

Oh man. That is so ugly. What is Geier known for that is actually good, because mechs it isn't?

He's hit or miss. The crusader from the same book is pretty good. I'd say he excels at ruins and destruction. So many other artists make things too clean. You have the destruction and the burning, but none of the deep piles of broken concrete and dust.

Okay, I can give him that. That pic looks decent.

Lie-ran get out reeeeeee

New videos for HBS Battletech

Teaser (1min) youtube.com/watch?v=RyoBwysAWVo
Multiplayer gameplay (55min)
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

What type of tank is that? It looks so generic.

Front slope and bow MG suggest Scorpion. So generic tank is fairly appropriate.

Good point.
The one behind it has a distinctly "Manticore" vibe to it, the hazy one in front of the Locust has me thinking "Hunter" or one of the carriers...

Still, I am not sure if they signed Loose on at this point of the kickstarter. Might have been mere ad-libbing.

>Scorpion
The vanilla pudding tank of the BT universe.

Has Loose gotten better, I mean markedly better since his initial contributions to the franchise?

Lmao those fucking walking animations

HURPADURP, IMMA GOING TO THE BATTUL.

youtube.com/watch?v=P8AKP4Tw9sE

Also, they fucking lied when they said the game was free move.

They just removed the grid frames, but left little dots that indicate the game works on a grid, just like shadowrun did. It's going to make a LOT of single player games really fucking annoying, and a lot of maps really fucking dull.

The music is also extremely generic and boring. I would have hoped they'd have gotten some techno and metal mixed together like the original mechwarrior soundtracks. This just seems like 15-20 second bytes looped that get really old really REALLY fast.

Never hope or want for anything in this world.
All life is suffering.

I need a chibi Cyclops version of this one.

>Also, they fucking lied when they said the game was free move.
>They just removed the grid frames, but left little dots that indicate the game works on a grid
They actually mention in the vid that they tried free move but found it ended up too fiddly for fluid gameplay, so they went to what's essentially hex-based instead.

So in other words, they found out they were too incompetent to make free movement work.

Shame. I'm not interested in a shadowrun reskin or yet another nu-x-com clone.

Why are you guys so upset about a game using hex grids when the tabletop you have been playing for years is also played on hex grids.

Because the video game will end up feeling like an even further simplified version of Alpha Strike.

Without nearly half the amount of customization or narrative options the tabletop version offers.

I think the company that made the old Disgaea games, NIS, had the same problem. They make tactical JRPGs, and did a free form movement profile, but it got meh and went back to a square grid based system. I honestly don't know what to choose. If they had the budget I'd like it if they could give the players the option to do both, but dreamers dream dreamily....

A Tyranid hive fleet invades the inner sphere during the height of the Star League/

Who wins?

>The music is also extremely generic and boring. I would have hoped they'd have gotten some techno and metal mixed together like the original mechwarrior soundtracks. This just seems like 15-20 second bytes looped that get really old really REALLY fast.
They should've gotten Jeehun Hwang to do the music. I don't think his plate's terribly full anymore. The MW2 and MW2:M soundtracks are both epic.

Everybody is dead inside of a month.
Battletech is laughably far down the SciFi powerlevel tree