/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 25 (1d26)

8E Uncertainty Edition
Vault-tech Sub-edition
Siege Breakers are in the back-of-the-front lines, Conversion beamers are powerful in parking lots and the Astartes have too much artillery (tone it down, ya IWs). Combis of double-shooting are coming, we fluffed our relics and Podcasts and everyone is at a loss because of FW's silence on this gathering edition, but don't move: Phosphex can't see you if you keep still. More on that on the previous bread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

People with superiority complex punish themselves too harshly for any percieved slights. This is Perturabo being his usual self.
Trust me.
I know.
:^/
>There were some seditious factions but it wasn't unsolvable by any means. And it certainly wasn't deserving of planet-wide decimation.
This. He thought it could have been solved with diplomacy, but he was too zealous. And it was beyond decimation: 80% of Olympia was either dead or enslaved by the time he issued a cease fire.
True, he did not make the world explode like Curze, but comparing yourself to your worst brother isn't a good excuse.
I liked the fight against the Hrud, though. Fucking Horus.

I think it looks good but I'd personally go a little lighter and less blue on the grey.

It might be cool to really scratch and weather the black parts while leaving the grey clean to emphasize that they're replacements. Just a thought.

IT'S NOT FAIR

>78% losses
>Acceptable

>32% losses
>Censured for lack of zeal

Wow, and you thought the world eaters were a meme legion.

Oh the nailbrains are a meme legion, have no doubt.

Which legions aren't meme legions?

Maybe boring UMs, unless being roman and better than you is a meme as well.
Have some battle meemz.

Ultramarines.

>dude Rome lmao

>Gun down hundreds of defenseless civilians
At least I'm not Curze

>Call in an artillery barrage on a school
At least I'm not Curze

>Destroy and enslave entire homeworld
At least I'm not Curze

DA

>tfw you are Curze
D:

As a Night Lord player, he's being a whiny baby again, curze has him outstripped in terms of atrocities by orders of magnitude

>tfw your Primarch died before Black Library could perform any character assassination

AL
>closet loyalists meme
BA
>not that memey, actually
DA
>closet traitors meme
DG
>phosphex lmao
EC
>dickgirls/slaanesh/rocknroll/perfection/gay memes
IF
>anti-IW memes, smug Dorn, PAINGLOVE
IH
>headless ferrus meme
IW
>IRON WITHIN IRON WITHOUT
NL
>curzefag
RG
>sneaky beakie cheeki breeki
Sallies
>never die memes, KANGZ memes
SoH/LW
>not that many memes
SW
>fucking furries
TS
>DINDU NUFFIN memes
UM
>dude rome lmao
WS
>hueeeeeeuuuuuuuh eeeeeeehaaaaaaah, and other mongolian memes
WB
>dude chaos lmao
WE
>blood for the blood god xD!

BA and SoH seem the least memey, Horus gets memed on sometimes.

>BA and LW/SoH least memey
they truly were the best legions

fem-Horus and fem-Sanguinius when?

What would a fluffy Luna Wolves list entail? Standard Legiones Astartes units?

Horus was a Luna Wolf for 150 years and a Son of Himself for 8. Reavers and Justaerin are both XVIth units.

Veterans and Seekers in Drop Pods.

Never.

Any unit goes with the LW, all their special units existed during their time as the LW.

But for fluffy in terms of army comp, the common thing was overwhelming the opponent, you want to win as fast and as brutally as possible. Drop pods vets, seekers, and reavers are your friends, Combi weapons are love, And terminators in because fuck you and deep-strike with OA. Remember, you're an infantry base legion with rules bonuses in shooting, melee and reserves. Get dedicated transports, kit each unit to accomplish a task and you'll go pretty far

If you want allies, pretty much anyone works and would be fluffy, might as well use them to compliment what ever your lists deficiencies are

What's the best way to run seekers in pods?

Talons of the Emperor

Blackshields
>literally who?, Mary Sue II/XI Legion

Legionnaires Sans Frontieres

Don't worry, they can can do it in flashbacks!
Remember when Ferrus didn't hate bionics?
Remember when "the flesh is weak" wasn't a half-remembered catch phrase?

Ferrus sent us to Hel...but we're going even deeper

>Not a meme legion
True
>Not a meme army
False, cuckstodes, get out

Is there much of a reason to take a Reaver Lord? They seem over-costed and like they need a bunch of goodies to really make them worthwhile, would it be better to just use a Consul of some type (like a Praevian or Herald) as my compulsory HQ

I don't think Custodes have enough personality to be a meme. Their only defining feature is being very loyal to the Emperor and plenty of other armies have that.

You mentioned two consuls that cannot be compulsory, but yeah it may be a better idea.
I want Blackshield rules for Morturg, and maybe for Decima too.

Curze has outstripped at least 90% of every fictional villain conceived by mortal minds in the context of atrocities through the manual construction of a palace made of tortured enslaved human beings stitched together in conscious perpetual agony.

>manual construction of a palace made of tortured enslaved human beings stitched together in conscious perpetual agony.
Are you talking about his room?

Which Primarch would prep the bull?

Angron would be the bull

Where we're going we won't need flesh.

>Angron
Get that weak limp wrist nonsense out of here. Nails for Brains couldn't even get a simple massacre right.
>Before Chaos power up:
>1: Horus
>After Chaos power up:
>1: Horus
Seriously just grab the mental midget by the Nails and rip the fugging things out.

I thought that was the Haemonculi?

Pitiful monkeigh, forever doomed to blindly ape the feats of other better races. Your amateur attempts to mimic our greatness only serves to prove the superiority of the True Eldar.

Lorgar, who else?

That's all he does anyway. Fellate the guy(s) who're going to run train on the galaxy.

I was saying he'd charge right into it, like a bull. Those animals aren't famed for their brilliance.

When did he do that?

I googled what prepping the bull was. I was disgusted.

To the Night Lords' credit they were pretty spooky.
Darn you're right.
Your disgust will fade away. Eventually.

Prude.

So, was there any agreement on which podcast is the least shit?

eye of horus, and the varangian heresy are pretty good. I also listen to northern heresy and don't lose your head but they're not that good. RFI is going to go down the drain with only michael I think because it(RFI) was only popular largely because they did listeners lists, and michael just goes "wow this is so cool" to everything without a critical thought.

>Guys
It's gods, blasphemer.

Master of Mankind and Inferno put lie to that belief. Honestly don't know why anyone keeps repeating it, since that same idea has long been done away with when it comes to Space Marines, who it originally belong to.

MoM proved them to be very autistic to the point that they made Space Marines look human in comparison

We don't talk about MoM in polite company user. We just don't.

Did Titan Legios ever employ Knights? If not, are there any instances of Knights pledging themselves to a Legio and adopting their livery?

>t. buttblasted Imperialfag
MoM was good.

Yes and yes.

That's how far removed from humanity they are.

Go away, aaron, nobody like you and you know it

Age of Darkness. Less whining than the others, great painting advice, don't spend half the time off topic or droning on about battles they play Ayer at an event.

It sounds like Michael (RFI) will be bringing someone else onboard - we'll see.

What is the least common Legion you see on the tabletop user?

WS no doubt

>BA
>not that memey, actually

>literally use memetics

Scars by a long shot. Sons of Horus aren't exactly popular, either, but at least they exist.

WS by a long shot. Very few people have the patience to paint all that white properly, while simultaneously possessing the dosh for three dozen bikes plus everything else.

So I play IF but what was wondering; what's better overall: 10 BS 5 Heavy Bolters or 10 BS4 Autocannons? Higher chance to hit versus higher chance to wound. Hitting on 2's and wounding average on 3's versus hitting on 3's and wounding average on 2's.

I'm torn between what I want to build for my Heavy Support Squad.

You give them lascannons and slag anything with an armor value.

hello point sink and insane target priority.

Listened to RFI for the first time because some dude is leaving due to HH switching over to 8th. What a totally retarded reason to give up on a hobby. Every time there's a pregnant pause from the other host, I can just picture him looking at the other guy like he's totally retarded.

One and all, come around and play the oldest pastime of /hhg/, making assumptions on people's character based on the armies they play! I'll get us started.

>Loyalist SoH
>Maximum Overbitter Iron Hands
>Militia (SotDA/Alchem-jackers)

How often do you guys take Forgelords/Techmarines? What loadout?

>Traitor Mech is best mech
>Traitor DG mostly Termies in a Mastadon
>Loyalist BA that are being done up as proto flesh tearers

>Traitor Mech is best mech
>Loyalist BA that are being done up as proto flesh tearers

fuck

White scars and also salamanders

When you were young you entered a Blue Peter competition, you didn't get the badge. This lead to feelings of self doubt and bitterness to everything, especially the colour blue.

> I play Ultramarines

>Traditionalist, ground-pounder type, probs battle-buddy tier

>Dangerous on the table, loves high profile units, is waiting for the next big war-crime weapon

Loyalist EC

He's been sounding frustrated for a long time; the 8th ed thing is just the last straw.

Last year they sent cakes to FW with questions on them and a request for a FAQ. GW's social media team posted a photo of the cakes, but FW never acknowledged them (or more importantly, the questions) in any way.

The 40k FAQ killed multi-bombing and Ryan was upset over what it did to 30k because assault-oriented armies count on it for anti-tank work. FW didn't say anything at all.

Then Inferno came out and Ryan was upset about the apparently-imbalanced units, weapons upgrades, and rules that don't work well (e.g. Space Wolves can't take >3k lists as written, Custodes jetbike base weapon is named wrong and the upgrade rules don't seem to make sense, etc.).

Inferno got a second print run without addressing any of the typos or rules problems.

Finally, GW started talking about 8th edition and FW was, again, silent. GW said on their behalf that 30k wouldn't be switching yet, then FW (unintentionally, it seems) wrote in their website's red book description that the rules would be invalidated because 30k was switching - but the next day they changed the text. Finally, someone who knows the podcasters emailed FW and got a response saying that they will be switching, just not at the same moment as 40k because they need more time.

Ryan's complained before about FW only responding to rules questions by email and never being consistent about it, so he was half annoyed by their way of communicating and half annoyed because he doesn't like the Age of Sigmar rules.

In short, a year ago we liked FW because the changes in the red books showed that they were listening and willing to make changes. But then they clammed up completely and that sucks.

Looking forward to seeing the videos of him setting his models on fire.

>FW doesn't answer shit unless they feel like it

How new is he to the hobby?

Armor autism time.

I've got the 30 Mk III marines from BoP, and 10 Mk II marines. Playing White Scars. I'll have lots of bikes and jetbikes, but some infantry:
>10 veterans with combi-meltas
>10 support dudes with flamers
>5+ heavy support with missile launchers

I'll get some shields and make breachers with the remaining BoP marines, even if I don't use them in games. Anyway, the question is - who gets the Mk II?

On one hand, I could give it to the vets to differentiate them. On the other, the missile launcher guys wouldn't need the additional protection they get from Mk III armor. Leaning towards vets though just because they're more likely to have older armor.

He runs a LFGS and organizes events, so he may have higher expectations of communication than most people.

>Inferno got a second print run without addressing any of the typos or rules problems.

Considering books take like 3 months to print and get shipped from China without changes, anyone expecting they'd actually address changes in a reprint is kind of delusional.

Hmm, out of curiosity, is GW better at answering questions compared to FW or are they all same lazy fuckers?

I don't think 40k players even know they could email GW with rules questions.

>waiting for the next big war-crime weapon
bless your heart user you know me, also while I wait for the last of my BA bits to arrive before I start them I am making a pure Myrmidon army including Myrm Magos all in rape trains. No gods, no masters, final destination war crimes!

So I kind of want to take a Moritat for my Imperial Fists and I was honestly wondering if it's worth it to give him two Bolt Pistols or a Bolt/Plasma combo since his Bolt weapons will be BS6.

Volkite seem pointless since I can keep dumping shots with the Bolt weapons and it's also fluffier.

>the Tartaros pattern shares many systems with the MkIV ‘Maximus’ pattern of power armour, and provides greater mobility for its wearer than the Indomitus pattern with no loss in durability or protection
>same point cost as Indomitus

Forgelord - force axe, servo-arm, cyber-familiar, rad grenades, tartaros armor, graviton gun, mastery I, athanean
He hangs with a squad of Sekhmets and is basically the link between them and my army of telepaths.

Don't worry user, 8th will fix everything :^)

Can't wait for all those rend 2 12 shot assault cannons from BA.

Cataphractii armour, cyber-familiar, conversion beamer, 4 cyberwolves.

>FW gives their OC donut steels better rules than units with GW kits

More news at 11.

Go for it user
Too bad FW decided not to release the bolt pistol moritat

Kinda makes you wonder why they even bothered with the Crux Terminatus

Just finished rereading The First Heretic, always feel so much grief over the Massacre. Lorgar is definitely the worst primarch ever

They answer questions, but you may get some mild bantz instead.
>if you want something tanky, you should use a tank

And another, because why not.

That does make me a tad worried about how St Celestine will go, considering 'Won't die' was sorta her entire theme.

>Traditionalist, ground-pounder type, probs battle-buddy tier
d'aw, thanks user. and yeah, I do have a boner for dreads and big infantry fuckers.

also, kinda even though this was replying to someone different
>is waiting for the next big war-crime weapon
I damn well like my phosphex, rad-grenades and flamers too, just wish destroyer squads weren't shit. ah well, leviathan dreads and siege breakers with rapiers it is. who gives two fucks about hellfire and radiation when you're 75% iron? suck it meatbags! we'll bathe bodt in blood, fire and weaponized attack moons!

Anyone know how long the XVIth was without Horus, and without Cthonian influence?

>loyalist EC

You're gay but not into bondage or tentacles.

pretty much the entire crusade, maybe only the few initial years after Luna was conquered Horus wouldn't have been with them, but Cthonia followed very soon.

As for cthnonian influences, the existed even while as Luna Wolves, notching their armor, top knots, some spikes (a lot more as the SoH), taking skulls etc... It was sort of always there and the legion did embrace that

After reading the battle of Ashkelon in Inferno I was thinking of using pic related as a base for making a small set of Abominable intelligences.

>Shave off the leaves
>Greenstuff the swirly bits
>Lace with guitar string
>Paint it to look like some liquid-solid shapeshifting metal abomination.

The question is what to do for the face. Skitarii and Mechanicus bits don't do it because there's either cloth or meaty bits on it, and I don't really want conventional taghmata bits on the things because they look too familiar.

Any exotic heads out there for some sweet Heretek Omega?

The obvious answer would be to Necron it up, what with them being the most abominabe of all intelligences