Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Delusional heretics edition

Previous confused leman russes
>Daily Dunc
youtu.be/fkjC_VaOmPM

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf2

EIGHT FOR THE EIGHT

LET TERROR REIGN

AVE DOMINOUS NOX

Please, mighty Vanquisher! Vanquish this stupid battle cannon randomness by becoming the best variant!

nth for 8th
Wait shit

Will they ever be worth it?

I want to do a Termagant themed army with Tervigons, Tyrannofexes with Fleshborer Hives to act as my giant Termagants, and a whole lotta Termagants.

my dudes > your dudes

>mfw Rapid-firing twin-linked Splinter Rifles from my Raider onto the filthy mon-keighs

Nth for best legion, primarch, named characters and special unit.

Vanquisher cannon will most likely do just one hit, but way more damage.

I feel it'll suffer if it can't give itself a way to re-roll to hit like with co-axials. Hoping for S8 AP-3 DMG3+D3 or better.

>S 8
>AP -3
>Damage 2d6 take highest

Search your heart, you know it to be true

>44 splinter shots per raider

My body is ready

Tbh at this point I just expect it to get a bonus to hitting enemy vehicles. So more reliable damage over flat more damage.

Tervigons are not worth it for 8th. They would be worth it if:

-You could choose between allocating towards new Termagant units (minimum 10 models), or replenishing lost Termagants (restoring Devgants).
-Instant Death was just "d3 extra wounds"
-They were ML 2/automatically got a choice of Catalyst or Onslaught. (Could be a WC battery if nothing else).
-Non-flyrant Thorax Weapons had Torrent (aka, Torrent Haywire).

As is, nope. They worked in some 5e builds, but that was before Psykerhammer, and when Hive Guard were BS 4.

What are you lads doing? Just finished 20 Mordians.

Man I'm hyped for swarm nids to be good. I just want Tervigons shitting out babies, Hormagaunts tearing tau and eldar to shreds, maybe backed up by trygons, raveners and mawlocs to disrupt the enemy lines.

So, according to that guy who wrote the article about the Imperial Guard, Russes are great and lasguns still can't do diddly.

any more pics?
I'm finishing a squad of Death Korps atm

Probably just a long range meltagun just like the current vanquisher: 96" Heavy 1 S:8 AP:-3 D:d6 reroll.

AP-4 or S9 would be nice, though.

Confirms roll for shot number too.

Also hype for TLD with Brainleech becoming 12 shots each with the twin link change

Go go dakkafex!

Wow, you already know the Tervigon's stats, all its rules for 8th, and its point cost ?! Please tell us !

Tervigons were pretty solid in that blissful period where the FAQ made it clear that they could summon gants that had obsec if it was in a CAD, but before the final FAQ decied to shit all over MCs getting a cover save.

why doesn't the Leman Russ kit come with a Vanquisher cannon? I see it comes with a battle cannon, but slightly longer, but every piece of work I see that involves the Vanquisher has it at like 3x that length.

About to start working through the 3rd out of 4 highlight layers on my Reavers in a minute after I take a shower.

>Powerful just like the Battle Cannon Should Be

THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU! WE KNOW HOW TO DO MATH AND YOUR RELEASED INFORMATION IS NOT! PROMISING!

> When you didn't think combi-weapon veterans could get any better.

>Guy doesn't even work for GW
>Can explain how the new battlecannon works better than GW employees

Top kek.

The problem with the neo-meltagun vanquisher cannon was never its damage or to-wound mechanic. It was getting it to hit. If we can give it a reroll to hit or BS5 or something to that effect, I'll call it a win.

Phobos are love, Phobos are life!.

Unless there's some special rule on the unit that makes it way better. But I doubt anyone that playtested 8th ed is going to say anything negative about it.

>Now with twice the Dakka !

user that is the Vanquisher cannon.

ok I thought as much, but it doesn't look nearly as long as

That's because the one in that pic is from FW I think.

FW is great at providing ... 'compensation' models :^)

I really want to see the changes to the Assassins, if any.

Absolute suffering, if its just a long meltagun. I would just bring Vendettas and Lascannon HWTs if I needed ranged anti-tank/MC instead.

Personally I like the new battlecannon, now it has a real role as opposed to be the generalist cannon. It opens up the possibility for the Punisher to be the real anti-infantry gun while the battle cannon is a cheaper anti-tank/multi wound model.

The entire point of the battle cannon is to be a generalist cannon though.

Agreed, as long as the price is right it will be good. Though I still think the cannon is a generalist weapon. The Vanquisher should be better at anti tank

Yeah, if they make the "Classic" LR dirt cheap, then I'll be fine with these stats.

It still is. It's kinda ok against anything, but great at nothing ... unless you get that lucky 18 wounds on a single model unit.

top kek user

Almost 0 xenos stats so far
Lets speculate gun/units/rules

Necrons players?
Maybe you get gauss -1 rend on 6 to wound?
Dunno what might need a buff or dramatic change

Tau players?
Pulse stats as bolter +1 str
Railsides buffed please

Eldar?
Broken but how broken

Railsides are finally buffed to 2 shots.

>Broken but how broken

Gonna take the longshot and say not broken at all.

Yeah, the BC is still generalist. For the explodey cannons it goes

> Anti-Infantry: Nova Cannon
> Multi-purpose: Battle Cannon
> Anti-Tank: Vanquisher

Now all I can hope for is that the Imperial Guard realizes that they can put Twin Lascannons in the LR turret.

A role against what?
It sucks against VehiclesIt sucks against Light Infantry (6 kills maximum)
It sucks against Medium infantry (Average 1.75 hits before to-wound rolls, and Space Marines get a 5+ save against it)
It sucks against terminators (see above, but with a further 33% chance that the wound you do make won't kill the terminator, and a better save)
So what's left? Medium vehicles? At this point we're waiting to hear what special rules might save this crap gun.

>Now all I can hope for is that the Imperial Guard realizes that they can put Twin Lascannons in the LR turret.
The Leman Russ Annihilator is already a thing

>Double lascannons

You rang?

>Having to buy forgeworld or convert a fuckload of Lascannons to use a viable unit

The new games workshop™ looks like the same shit then.

You haven't even seen the full rules yet, calm the fuck down.

Instant death isn't a thing in 8th.

WC batteries don't exist. We don't generate warp charges anymore.

We've heard there will be one psychic discipline for each faction

We don't know if Torrent even exists in 8th

At least it's a variant not in the core book. The lack of Vendetta kits from GW is even more of an insult considering it's a unit in the goddamn codex.

Oh that makes me wonder, will the Nova cannon be Heavy 2d6 with no cover? Likely AP -1 or 0 and only damage 1

There there's the Plasma Cannon, my favorite looking, Heavy 3d3?

FUCK I JUST WANT 8TH ALREADY!!!

Rough. Riders.

Just grab them off your spare HWS packs. Well, maybe not if your not an Autocannon man.

That's a tyrannofex. And they BETTER be useful in the new edition. Fleshborer hives assault 20 twin linked for 40 bolter shots? Yes please.

>We don't know if Torrent even exists in 8th

That's easy, now you just give flamer type weapons whatever range you want

I mean without having to go to forgeworld.

But if the rules are all consolidated, does that mean all the Russ Variants will be in one place?

I could see Novas being Heavy 2d6, or getting a bonus number of hits based on unit size.

Selling my 6 riptides, 8th edition is a fucking joke. Why is any Tau player going to keep playing this bullshit? FUCK GW, FUCK NERFS, muh babies

please, message GW and tell them you are upset too and want the lore and feel of riptides to remain good in 8th

Maybe, they might still have it broken up into two parts so people can choose to shun FW if they are lame.

So, what's the best army to start on a 100 dollar budget in Kill Team?

Alright. I'll message them to tell them that I would like the rare prototype centerpiece battlesuits to remain as such, and have a point cost to reflect how strong they are.

I'm planning on starting a deldar force in 8th, and just looking at all the highlighting terrifies me.

1/10
see me after class

It's kind of a poor question really, you should just play whatever you like the most. but if money is an issue then don't go for a horde army.

Sure, I'll tell them how delicous your tears are.

The rules might be in the same place but you can be sure they won't update the kit and the best variants will still be items to buy separately.

obvious troll, but really I think the way to balance rapetides is to not update them. Keep them 6 wound models with a 2+, that's not really good in 8th from what we have seen.

Why would you punish a paying fan who buys your products? Tau should be powerful mecha force it's in the fucking lore.

kind of regret not picking imperial guard as my army but those cadian models just look terrible.

>tfw you start a game and the other guy has 4 Icarus Lascannons
> Fliers aren't a thing, so neither is skyfire
> All tanks die turn 1

do we have any idea on when 8th edition will release?

Last week of May for rules pre-release, first weekend in June for full release.

>Why would you punish a paying fan who buys your products?

Same question (insert other faction who had to play against Riptide spam) players have been asking

would it be possible to play warhammer in roll20 with free tokens?

Don't be a cheap cunt and get the tabletop simulator.

tabletop simulator?
Shit man can you blame a poorfag for being poor?

Nice meme dude.

>mfw triple land raider black templar list is viable

I can already see min-maxers using 5 man las plas squads in land raiders.

dark heresy? yes.
the wargame? stupid question

This user is right. We're getting the FW rules for it. Just put one together. Annihilator Russ is great fun.

Don't forget other russ variants. I suspect this is what we will see this edition in rule-set if they are releasing ALL of FW

General Purpose / Hard Hitting
> Battle Cannon - this we know
> Exterminator Twin Autocannon - know what to expect

Anti Infantry
> Eradicator - Curious
> Punisher - We know what to expect kind of
> Conqueror - lol who uses them???

Anti Vehicle / Big Shit
> Vanquisher - probably 2D6 BC with better AP and special rules
> Annihilator Twin Las - we know what to expect here
> Destroyer - Probably 1 shot with like 3D6 damage

Jack of All Trades
> Demolisher - expect it to be 2D6 BC with better wounds, should be lethal as fuck
> Thunderer - Above
> Executioner - Plasma spam is plasma spam, now damage of D3 probably
I suspect the main build for the LR will become:
>Hull LC
>HBolter sponsons
>Stormbolter
>Gun of choice for purpose

How I will be running my LR...

>Hull flamer
>Sponson flamer
>Punisher or Demolisher

I'll let my lascannon teams kill big shit. My flammen-russ will storm the table in a whirlwind of wounds. 3 heavy flamers on a leman russ in this edition, independently targeting what-ever, while main guns do their thing.

Turn that fear into drive, user. If you don't know how to highlight Dark Eldar will make sure you learn. I was terrified, too.

No it's in their lore that they overwhelmingly use a combined arms style doctrine backed up by a handful of elites in mechs. Do you actually know their lore?

It should be theoretically as long as you are clear on what stands for what.

How are chimeras going to be in 8th edition?

Hey I have a question. Is GW ever going to release female cadian troops? Im one of those fags that gets a stick up my ass if i cant make my armies lore approved so this is vital info for me.

t7, 4+

> Dat feel when my LR-Crusader gets 24 bolter shots, 8 Assault Cannon Shots, Multi-melta, AND a storm bolter
> Dat feel when my Deredeo now has 8 shots at strength 8 instead of 4, as well as 6 heavy bolter shots.
> My Deoderant Tank now gets 4 missiles a turn, with 6 missiles on the first. GOODBYE TANKS.

Javelins are going to be fucking amazing. They were already okay-ish in 7th ed, especially for harassing tanks from outflank. But literally doubling the number of missiles they get is going to make them just god-tier.

I only have one rogue-trader era javelin(The one you make by hand out of spare bits and a deoderant stick), but I should splurge for more bits to make like 2 more. Get like a whole squadron of Deoderant Tanks.

They already did. Half of all Cadian models are female.

Wip battlewagon, cannon is from an old zaku toy I had as a kid and lost 90% of.

Both IG and ork I love the idea of, but just don't like the models enough to play (outside some of the FW, but I'm not made of money).
And Catachans are even worse than Cadian, imo.

I just hope tanks are usable at all.

T H I N

H

I

N

YOUR GODDAMN PAINTS.

Well with the bigger and bigger suits they're making it seems that even GW doesn't know Tau fluff

Don't ever tell an ork player to thin his paints.

Hopefully

Oi but ya can tell 'im to SOD OFF